Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,714 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies (48140 Views)

How To Remove My Bvn From Loan Apps / Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos / What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by sparkyJ: 4:22pm On Oct 05, 2021
I want to call the attention of the government to save us from the embarrassing calls and messages of loan companies.

They always claim the debtor dropped your contact with them which is NOT true but rather they send messages or call all numbers on the contact list of the debtor. I have never taken a loan in my life neither do I care to do so.

I got a message today from a company called CREDIT9JA that somebody took a loan from them, that he dropped my number as an emergency number for them to call. Why dragging innocent people into a deal or transaction they know nothing about?

The most annoying part is that u might end up not knowing the person; reason is because people can get people's contact without their consent.

This is the 3rd time i will encounter this. The first was abt a schoolmate of mine during my undergraduate days, the second was a fellow Corp member during my service in the core North and now is a stranger who have my number. Yet these people suddenly claimed he is my relative. It's so annoying! I called back and gave them a stern warning. See the reply I got.

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Adamkeyj(m): 4:30pm On Oct 05, 2021
the best thing na to avoid all this loan shark o. damn made FTC for the first time in my life wow damn i feel great . i dedicate this to all them niggas out there,keep doing your legit hustle e go surely pay one day. and slawomiir niggah i dey feel u jare .lighting MY KPOLI

80 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by tritt(m): 4:43pm On Oct 05, 2021
E get 1 guy wey call me like that, i ignored him till in the evening after close of work. The warning i give am, him papa go surely feel am wherever him dey. Like say na me collect loan from them.

154 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by thesicilian: 4:45pm On Oct 05, 2021
It's not the company's fault. The criminal probably dropped your number as a close contact and they are helpless now that he has absconded with their money

146 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by decatalyst(m): 4:56pm On Oct 05, 2021
Not your fault that you know a defaulter and it's their job or business to find a way of getting their funds back.

If anyone calls to disturb my peace or threaten, the way I go take talk to am, if he see any number that looks like my own, e no go dial am again.

They will be issuing loans out cuz if the crumbs on top, without doing due diligence.

Arrant nonsense!

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by crafteck(m): 6:56pm On Oct 05, 2021
My post

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 05, 2021
undecided
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Mustiboy(m): 6:56pm On Oct 05, 2021
Onigbese, san gbese rẹ

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 6:56pm On Oct 05, 2021
Nawa o
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by sammysmiles(m): 6:57pm On Oct 05, 2021
The person can't even spell criminals
I thought they are official loan companies
That's how my uncle that promised to send me money,forming big Man.... My Mum called me and said she was sent a message from cashapp, that he(my uncle) is owing them and should try and pay that they are calling him, he's not picking.... I jxt weak... The funniest thing is they said he dropped her number as next of kin... Am very sure he collected a huge loan...

43 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by UTILITYMAY(m): 6:57pm On Oct 05, 2021
That's their way

1 Like

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Hadone(m): 6:57pm On Oct 05, 2021
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by DoggoneDogg: 6:57pm On Oct 05, 2021
Upgrade your circle ogbeni.
Avoid interacting with poor people so you won't be getting such again.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by AntiWailer: 6:57pm On Oct 05, 2021
Na wa
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by ivolt: 6:57pm On Oct 05, 2021
Are you sure you are not the debtor
considering the anger in your response?

27 Likes

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Maxymilliano(m): 6:57pm On Oct 05, 2021
I have no doubt whatsoever that company is owned by Soko Loan.

I once engaged one of the agents after getting similar message and the uncouth ways they address people is extremely distasteful

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Segzy22: 6:57pm On Oct 05, 2021
Imoney almost got me sacked because they sent message to my Boss calling me a criminal after paying 80% of their money. Oloribuku people

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by JayTripz(m): 6:57pm On Oct 05, 2021
Omoooooo!!!

scammers Everywhere....

When dem don use 10m naira carry 2 odd Ajax, Man United, Bayern Munich to Win for home grin grin Pepper eye de worry Dem now..Dem de see double.... Anybody Dem see for road nai de hold Dem money

My guy nor mind them Jare....block number,go buy Cold malt drink...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by EricSmallz(m): 6:58pm On Oct 05, 2021
Idiot Unregulated Loan apps. They came true for me sometimes ago sha

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by oluseyiforjesus(m): 6:58pm On Oct 05, 2021
Ok
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by nairaman66(m): 6:58pm On Oct 05, 2021
Loan companies in Nigeria are nomenclatures of our politicians and national life. Read it again

7 Likes

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by IKBARUTEN11(m): 6:59pm On Oct 05, 2021
I had a similar experience some time ago

I was mad and embarrassed. I wanted to file a suit against them but money no dy

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by graphics104: 6:59pm On Oct 05, 2021
angry
grin grin grin

As in eeeh. What about the ones that'll take your whatsapp photo and add scam to it?
For money wen no be me collect oh. Dey talk say I be friend with criminal. Lol.

9 Likes

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by vinceyinnovation: 6:59pm On Oct 05, 2021
This condition wear skirt o...

4 Likes

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by tafat: 6:59pm On Oct 05, 2021
These loan guys sabi embarrass pesin sha, but you too why you go collect loan wey you no fit pay?

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Oracleforce: 6:59pm On Oct 05, 2021
sammysmiles:
The person can't even spell criminals
I thought they are official loan companies
Idiot, stupid response...
Do you even read the post at all?/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Ololanla: 6:59pm On Oct 05, 2021
Yes
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 05, 2021
So if person borrow money from them all they will do is call and threaten?
Make I go collect loan drop my 2nd number for them.
If they call that number I will ask for another loan.

102 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by adesegun121(m): 7:00pm On Oct 05, 2021
Ok
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Jackossky(m): 7:00pm On Oct 05, 2021
Very funny. What way do you expect them to recover their money? You should be investigated for having a close contact as a fraudulent debtor
I am just joking though.
They do send such message under the notion that there is a 51% chance you are in close contact. Might even be your next door neighbor or someone who would want to come through for such friend to save him/her from such monumental disgrace.

5 Likes

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by TheFacelessMan: 7:00pm On Oct 05, 2021
Why borrow what you can't pay back?

I have a golden rule. I NEVER borrow.

I don't LEND too because of negative experience with debtors.

If I have, I would give.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 05, 2021
sparkyJ:
I want to call the attention of the government to save us from the embarrassing calls and messages of loan companies.

They always claim the debtor dropped your contact with them which is NOT true but rather they send messages or call all numbers on the contact list of the debtor. I have never taken a loan in my life neither do I care to do so.

I got a message today from a company called CREDIT9JA that somebody took a loan from them, that he dropped my number as an emergency number for them to call. Why dragging innocent people into a deal or transaction they know nothing about?

The most annoying part is that u might end up not knowing the person; reason is because people can get people's contact without their consent.

This is the 3rd time i will encounter this. The first was abt a schoolmate of mine during my undergraduate days, the second was a fellow Corp member during my service in the core North and now is a stranger who have my number. Yet these people suddenly claimed he is my relative. It's so annoying! I called back and gave them a stern warning. See the reply I got.

I received similar message this evening

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu With Ivanka Trump At The White House (Pictured) / Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her / Lagosians Struggle To Enter FCMB Bank As Lockdown Eases (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.