Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,314 members, 7,842,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License (5920 Views)

Has Anyone Bought Ntel Simcard? / I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! / His Experience And How He Bought A Fake Mobile Phone With Eba Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by sizzlers(m): 10:00am On Dec 06, 2010
MTN is the FASSSSSSSSSSSTEST no matter what
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by guente02(m): 10:28am On Dec 06, 2010
I love mtn so much dat i had their sim!
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by frgy1: 10:47am On Dec 06, 2010
xtremeidea:

HOPE WE DONT WEAIT FOREVER LIKE GLO'S SUB MARINE CABLE THAT IS TAKING A LIFETIME TO COME ONLINE. undecided undecided undecided

True that. And most are thinking the switch wil be automatic,it isnt like GPRS to EDGE. etisalat realy has a lot of work to do, but i trust they will as fast as they can.
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by Dabss(m): 1:48pm On Dec 06, 2010
wow etisalat 3g thats gonna be wicked
in my area guys even prefer their edge to mtn3.5G
etisalat 3g!!!
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by rasputinn(m): 1:54pm On Dec 06, 2010
So Alheri was NEVER birthed,hmmmm,what now happens to the proposed Dancom
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by otokx(m): 2:14pm On Dec 06, 2010
Etisalat should have focused more on increasing their coverage area; imagine the entire University of Port Harcourt and the adjacent areas not being covered by Etisalat. In the meanwhile though we they thank God for airtel voice rates.
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by chipet(m): 12:50am On Dec 07, 2010
Let em be fast oooo. MTN 3G is yet to get to many cities, Especially in Awka.
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by wazobiang: 9:11am On Dec 07, 2010
false move by dangote
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by COMPAQ(m): 12:53pm On Dec 07, 2010
The increased competition in the internet space is really welcome. MTN is indeed the fastest over all and I have used Etisalats EDGE and can also confirm that's its reasonably fast. We can still do much better with internet speeds and competition is the only sure way to get the operators to up their game. At least, to attract customers, Etisalat will have to give us a better 3G performance and that can only bebetter for the Nigerian consumer.
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by hustla(m): 1:24pm On Dec 07, 2010
Currently using MTNs GPRS/Edge, Daily subscription and its reeeeeeeeeeeeeeali slow compared to Etisalats Edge, if not for brokedom, i wld neveer have used crappy MTN, and If Etisalats Edge can be that fast and replaible, I think MTn needs to go back to the drawing boards, reduce thier ever increasing tariffs and borrow themselves some sense, etisalats customer service is by far the best I have experienced, max 20mins to answer ur calls and they reply ur problems wif solns in less than 5mins, dey jus need to roll out more adverts and capture the youth well, BIS subscription may be a good way to get youths to come over to thier network, it may sound ridicolous buh sha
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by tunde121oke: 7:33pm On Dec 07, 2010
too much money
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by IGTIL: 10:57pm On Dec 07, 2010
Not only has Etisalat now acquired a 3G license, they have also dropped the price of their blackberry BIS to N3,000, weekly is N1000 and daily plans are N400, game on!
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by tomiade1(m): 12:25am On Dec 08, 2010
^^^^wow!.:::thats gr8 news smiley smiley
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by edoyad(m): 6:31pm On Dec 08, 2010
There is still no 4 G anywhere.LTE and Wimax are 3.9 G at most.the trials of these technologies worldwide has shown that the LTE(pushed by AT$T,Verison) and Wimax( pushed largely by sprint,nextel ,clearwire) is only slightly better than current standards of 3 G(HSPAD+ e.t.c) besides there are issues with voice which is why we see a new standard VoLGA(Voice over LTE Generic Access).this will make voice calls revert back to 3 G networks or 2.5 G depending on several factors.The cost of the so called 4 G is also a capital intensive technology as new frequencies are required to operate them. The reason why we think 3 G and the likes should be hailed here is that we have not seen anything better.Someone says MTN is great in his area.i wonder if he does more than facebook and the pause and play youtube we get over the networks.As demand grows you'll see why 3 G has failed in most places and why operators are looking at newer standards. the best will come starting with Lagos next year. Watch this space.

4 g doesn't exist!! By the way, when 3 G licences were sold Dangote bought it as an investment to be sold for profit later. Now he is smiling to the bankᅡ

I believe you both use computers that can access google or atleast any search engine right ? Why don't you google the number 4 and letter g beside it to see what your result will be okay ?
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by COMPAQ(m): 1:20pm On Dec 09, 2010
@Edoyad,

A lot of telco's in the states (Sprint, Verizon, AT&T etc) are all advertising 4G, but many parts of the scientific community is saying that what they are advertising is not really 4G as such, just that they have found a way to significantly enhance the current data throughput to achieve better speeds. A move from 3G to 4G should signal a significantly different way of handling the data that makes it much faster, not an enhancement. That is why some schools of thought say that 4G doesn't really exist.
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by COMPAQ(m): 1:43pm On Dec 09, 2010
Also saw this online and thought it might be useful to the discussion:

http://www.boston.com/business/technology/articles/2010/12/09/taking_4g_to_the_track/

Regards
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by Sijuwadeye: 4:38pm On Dec 09, 2010
3G, we need more appilications. luckly i have iphone shocked
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 11, 2010
4G is not in completely use, it has been rolled out in some Scandinavian countries but not on mobile phones, mostly for mobile internet connections. 4G is still very much in its final testing stages. In UK, 4G will be tested in slough. One of the standards to be used is the 3GPP LTE Advanced. The other proposed standards are still considered as pre-4G bu the ITU
HTC Evo 4G is the first and only commercial 4G phone available at the moment.

In addition, there's really nothing like 3.9G. 4G is mainly based on faster internet speeds on your mobile phones and will be all IP (IPv6) based. This technology is not primarily based on voice calls. 4G will also allow ubiquity as well as smooth hand-offs (both vertical and horizontal) across heterogeneous networks.

Its even cheaper for Nigeria to roll out 4G as installing new infrastructure is more cost-effective that upgrading existing telecommunication infrastructure which we lack.

source: I did a research work in this area.
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by lansha2006: 1:51pm On Dec 11, 2010
Ayowande, its obvious you know what you are talking about but can u tell us the way forward if mobitel with their noise about wimax will not solve the predicament of voice and data services?
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by fritfly: 10:33am On Jun 22, 2011
So when is 3G etisalat coming? have they launched yet?
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by frgy1: 12:47pm On Jun 22, 2011
was at their office a few weeks back , was told they will be launching a 3.7g network within the month .
the month has almost ended ,we haven't heard nothing yet.
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by Mcleo007(m): 11:22am On Jun 23, 2011
Na so we de see am oooooo grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? / Survey: 5.5 Inch And 5.0 Inch Mobile Phone. Which Do You Prefer? / Itel A56 - Bigger Is Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.