Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,577 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You (52989 Views)

Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports / Ronaldo: If Man Utd Doesn't Win The Premier League, I Want Arsenal To Win It / O’hara Blasts Simeone: You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by obembet(f): 12:29am On Jan 12, 2020
“You can take Cristiano Ronaldo to a war and he’ll win it for you all alone, for Lionel Messi you need to bring all of his Barcelona teammates so he could actually do something.”

Cristiano Ronaldo hailed after Messi failed to lift Barcelona in Jeddah.

Juventus Super Star, Cristiano Ronaldo is the toast of Twitterati today, even without kicking the ball in the last over 90 hours.

Ronaldo is trending with over 90,000 comments, few hours after Barcelona lost their hopes of claiming the Spanish Supercopa to Athletico Madrid in Jeddah.

This seems like an act of revenge from fans of Cristiano Ronaldo after Barcelona fans had mocked him for losing Super Copa Italia to Lazio.

Atletico came from behind to beat Barcelona 3-2.

Barca looked on course for a Sunday showdown against Real when they led Atletico 2-1 with nine minutes left but instead, it will be a Madrid derby in Saudi Arabia to decide who lifts the trophy.

Koke opened the scoring early into the second half of the semi-final clash at the King Abdullah Sports City in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

Messi found an equaliser minutes later before Antoine Griezmann added Barca’s second.

Diego Simeone’s men continued to fight back and pulled level through Alvaro Morata, who converted from the spot-kick.

And Atletico sealed a sensational 3-2 victory after Angel Correa found the back of the net with four minutes of normal time remaining.

Atletico will now face arch-rivals Real Madrid in the Super Cup final on Sunday in Jeddah.

Some fans also accused Lionel Messi and other Barcelona players of bullying 20-year-old Portuguese wonderkid, Joao Felix(praised as next-Ronaldo), after he squared up with Barcelona captain before half-time with the score 0-0.
However, Ronaldo made history on Monday against Cagliari by scoring his 36th hat-trick to Messi’s 34. With his latest achievement, many described the Portuguese star as a better player than Messi, when it comes to lifting their teams in difficult times.

Source: https:https://twitter.com/360Sources/status/1215521150647832576?s=19

34 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by donstan18: 12:56am On Jan 12, 2020
When it comes to football, Messi plays better than Ronaldo, but I prefer Ronaldo to Messi.

254 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Jokerman(m): 1:21am On Jan 12, 2020
Ronaldo is greater than Messi

341 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by ThierryJay: 5:07am On Jan 12, 2020
Which war? That FAKE quote looks like something cooked up by Cristiano's fans rather than Simeone. I'm sure Simeone never said that after the Supercopa match. Even on twitter, it was labelled as fake as it was only @360 sources that published the quote. Major sport tabloids should have reported it as well if it was true. Simeone that publicly stated that he believes Messi was more dangerous than Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema combined? Find another lie please.

It can only be CR7 fans that can say he is now better than Messi using irrational logic. Just imagine, because he scored a mundane hattrick (2 tap -ins and penalty) against CAGLIARI, a relegation team, he is now better than Messi who was the best player on the pitch against Atletico madrid (scored two beautiful goals, dribbled the ATM players at will) for those that actually watched the match. How Can??

Where was CR7 in the war against Ajax last season, Barcelona over several seasons in La liga, Uruguay at World cup, even Lazio this season? Honestly, it's laughable the way CR7 fans like to turn logic on its head and delude themselves, or consolation is it?

6 will always be greater than 5.

115 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by cassidy1996(m): 7:46am On Jan 12, 2020
both of dem are good, i dont rate dem above each other. both of dem have lost and won matches

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by babakb: 7:46am On Jan 12, 2020
ThierryJay:
Which war? That FAKE quote looks like something cooked up by Cristiano's fans rather than Simeone. I'm sure Simeone never said that after the Supercopa match. Even on twitter, it was labelled as fake as it was only @360 sources that published the quote. Major sport tabloids should have reported it as well if it was true. Simeone that publicly stated that he believes Messi was more dangerous than Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema combined? Find another lie please.

It can only be CR7 fans that can say he is now better than Messi using irrational logic. Just imagine, because he scored a mundane hattrick (2 tap -ins and penalty) against CAGLIARI, a relegation team, he is now better than Messi who was the best player on the pitch against Atletico madrid (scored two beautiful goals, dribbled the ATM players at will) for those that actually watched the match. How Can??

Where was CR7 in the war against Ajax last season, Barcelona over several seasons in La liga, Uruguay at World cup, even Lazio this season? Honestly, it's laughable the way CR7 fans like to turn logic on its head and delude themselves, or consolation is it?

6 will always be greater than 5.

Where was Messi when Cr7 led Madrid to 3 consecutive UCL titles

333 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by ThierryJay: 8:37am On Jan 12, 2020
babakb:

Where was Messi when Cr7 led Madrid to 3 consecutive UCL titles

Really? We can shake this table together. Where was CR7 when Messi led Barca to UCL titles in 2008, 2011 and 2015? Unlike CR7's route to those UCL titles where he avoided Messi, Messi faced, scored and dispatched CR7's team twice on the way to winning two of those titles. So you know who is really the boss.

You talk as if the UCL started in 2014. No sir.

109 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Uyi168: 8:46am On Jan 12, 2020
Like the war against Lazio
embarassed

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by uthlaw: 9:02am On Jan 12, 2020
Jokerman:
Ronaldo is greater than Messi
but is not great again when Juventus not getting penalty like Madrid!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by babakb: 10:38am On Jan 12, 2020
ThierryJay:

Really? We can shake this table together. Where was CR7 when Messi led Barca to UCL titles in 2008, 2011 and 2015? Unlike CR7's route to those UCL titles where he avoided Messi, Messi faced, scored and dispatched CR7's team twice on the way to winning two of those titles. So you know who is really the boss.

Bro don't lie here please, CR7 led Man Utd to UCL title in 2008

241 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by ThierryJay: 10:57am On Jan 12, 2020
babakb:

Bro don't lie here please, CR7 led Man Utd to UCL title in 2008

Messi also won the title in 2006, so what's the point?

I did not lie, my reference was to the 3 UCL titles YOU mentioned. In the 2008 title run you mentioned, Messi bossed the Man utd team home and away such that Fergie was on his toes fidgeting while Messi ran rings around the Utd defence. CR7 was a nonentity in that tie and contrived to miss a penalty for man utd who had Paul Scholes to thank for his wonderful effort. So while Man utd won the tie due to their resolute defending, Messi's display was much better than CR7's by a mile.

You are even avoiding my main argument, which is that in the three times Messi has faced CR7 directly in the UCL, he made CR7 look average. Is that not the best pointer for assessing who's better?

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Dizzyrascal(m): 11:05am On Jan 12, 2020
I am begining to think that it is better to stay out of any Ronaldo or Messi topic or argument....I will inevitably break this resolve but one thing is absolutely clear, RONALDO is the greatest player in the history of football......

Did I just type that I would be staying out of any RONALDO vs Messi argument?...I must have been sleeping when I typed that....Ronaldo is the best and Messi fans can kiss my a_ _ if they don't agree....

The only way to put an end to this argument, is if Juventus clash with Barcelona in the UCL knockout stage this season....that is if Messi and co will be able to overcome their round of 16 opponent.....we just have to wait and see

84 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by babakb: 11:39am On Jan 12, 2020
ThierryJay:

Messi also won the title in 2006, so what's the point?

I did not lie, my reference was to the 3 UCL titles YOU mentioned. In the 2008 title run you mentioned, Messi bossed the Man utd team home and away such that Fergie was on his toes fidgeting while Messi ran rings around the Utd defence. CR7 was a nonentity in that tie and contrived to miss a penalty for man utd who had Paul Scholes to thank for his wonderful effort. So while Man utd won the tie due to their resolute defending, Messi's display was much better than CR7's by a mile.

You are even avoiding my main argument, which is that in the three times Messi has faced CR7 directly in the UCL, he made CR7 look average. Is that not the best pointer for assessing who's better?

Please answer these questions:

Who was the UCL top scorer in 2008?

Who was world best player in 2008?

80 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Astark: 11:57am On Jan 12, 2020
Ronaldo fans always like putting fake quotes and stats.

Simeone has praise messi more than twice, he even said he's the greatest player but somehow ronaldo fans managed to bring in fake quotes without proof.

Shameless fanbase

11 Likes

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Theboss100(m): 1:57pm On Jan 12, 2020
ThierryJay:

Look at the 2yrs gap. But that of RONALDO was 3times straight. So use ur hand to give the REAL GOAT The medal. Let me give u a clue. Minus 3 from 10 and add CR.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Holher223: 6:33pm On Jan 12, 2020
Ronaldo has some fire in him

7 Likes

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by hisexcellency34: 6:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
Arsenal is the best club for him

3 Likes

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Saheed9: 6:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
Knight of Camelot ni

1 Like

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Ayoswit(f): 6:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
The real GOAT cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by lexyman(m): 6:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
smiley like someone is trying to Lure CR7 the G.O.A.T to Atletico Madrid grin grin grin grin This can't werk

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Bossontop(m): 6:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
undecided
Ronaldo anyday anytime

They both play good football sha.....but Ronaldo is more "EQUAL" than messi

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Afam4eva(m): 6:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
Diego Simeone would never say that. He's a Messi fan. Ronaldo fanboys just keep pulling silly quotes from their asses to justify their choice.

MESSI remains the GOAT in every ramification.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Bari22: 6:35pm On Jan 12, 2020
That's for sure
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by laosy(m): 6:35pm On Jan 12, 2020
Let's settle this for this trend as always cool
Like for Messi , share for CR7 cool

52 Likes 136 Shares

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by oloriLFC(f): 6:35pm On Jan 12, 2020
Diego Simeone no cause world war o grin grin Messi: Which kain thing be this?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by cassbeat(m): 6:36pm On Jan 12, 2020
donstan18:
When it comes to football, Messi plays better than Ronaldo, but I prefer Ronaldo to Messi.
Same as I

2 Likes

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by chrisxxx(m): 6:36pm On Jan 12, 2020
Messi this is for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Samuel Kalu Who Had A Heart Attack At The Hospital (Photos) / Petition To Ban Lionel Messi For Champions League ‘Punch’ Passes 3,500 Signature / Jay-Jay Okocha And Lionel Messi Pictured Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.