Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,385 members, 7,830,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas (60720 Views)

A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord / DOWNLOAD: Sugar Rush – Nollywood Movie / MOVIE: Download Sugar Rush 2019 – Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by Jabioro: 10:45am On Jan 14, 2020
So the was not certified before it went the public,NFVCB Bleep up..and they may pay heavily for the damages..They supposed to go through the script before the acting
Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by Rootprof(m): 10:46am On Jan 14, 2020
Abeg bring back sugar rush make we enjoy.. if them no ban London as fallen, olympos as fallen and angel as fallen in the US despite their frequent terrorist threat, and the movies is majorly on attack on white house and the US president. Free the movie joor
Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by joezy11(m): 10:46am On Jan 14, 2020
Best Drama/comedy movie ever.... It was doped

1 Like

Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by wolesmile(m): 10:46am On Jan 14, 2020
More publicity for the film. Now I want to really watch the film...
Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by osesology(m): 10:46am On Jan 14, 2020
The ban have been lifted. Sugar rush has started showing again in cinemas as at monday
Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by Temptee101(m): 10:47am On Jan 14, 2020
shocked

Overrated piece of shiit

Sugar rush ko...honey pie ni

1 Like

Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by NaijadrivaCars: 10:48am On Jan 14, 2020
Williams. Uchemba won't like this.
Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by crackhouse(m): 10:48am On Jan 14, 2020
A lot of Nigeria movies portray Nigeria police as incompetent, is it efcc that's the problem?
Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by Blessedman3056: 10:49am On Jan 14, 2020
Naija the shit hole country
Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by MbHotel: 10:49am On Jan 14, 2020
Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by Pyroll: 10:50am On Jan 14, 2020
But Y :
Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by Josephmumu03: 10:51am On Jan 14, 2020
I saw it already
Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by Romanoff(f): 10:52am On Jan 14, 2020
SmartyPants:

Can't you see they said that the movie was given temporary clearance which has elapsed? There is no waking up or sleeping involved here, just simple administrative procedures.

Why give temporary clearance in the first place?

Movie wry done go viral, so what's the point?
Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:52am On Jan 14, 2020
stunt pullers grin grin
Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by NiklauseFred(m): 10:53am On Jan 14, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:
Nice development.

The producer should be arrested and made to face the law for defamation.

If found guilty, he should be killed without plea
.•

1 Like

Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by Youthleader22(m): 10:53am On Jan 14, 2020
Romanoff:
I swear, these people aren't serious.

After the movie has grossed over 100million naira, that's when the NFVCB are waking up?

Aren't they spos to screen the movie before its release?

Did you even read the article to completion? If you didn’t. This is what was stated. The movie was given temporary broadcast right pending the permanent one. Maybe they have some money they supposed to pay or something. According to Banky W, they understood what’s going on that’s why they said in matter of days it would be rectified. It’s just a matter of movie business gone wrong.

2 Likes

Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by Dogalmighty17: 10:54am On Jan 14, 2020
This people will never learn. This EFCC people are brainless. First naira Marley and now this. The best and cheapest way to get publicity is to get the EFCC involved. I haven't heard about the movie before. I guess I'll have to check it out now.
Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by cassbeat(m): 10:54am On Jan 14, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:
Nice development.

Killed without plea huh?
Thats a foolish comment and you know that

1 Like

Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by Romanoff(f): 10:55am On Jan 14, 2020
Youthleader22:

Did you even read the article to completion? If you didn’t. This is what was stated. The movie was given temporary broadcast right pending the permanent one. Maybe they have some money they supposed to pay or something. According to Banky W, they understood what’s going on that’s why they said in matter of days it would be rectified. It’s just a matter of movie business gone wrong.

My point exactly, what's the point of the temporary clearance?

For them to make the producers to make their money back?

So how does this ban serve as a deterrent?
Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by MajorWarren: 10:55am On Jan 14, 2020
How do I watch this movie?
Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by Youthleader22(m): 10:55am On Jan 14, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:
Nice development.

Must you comment nonsense all the time? People like you should be banned from anything social media before you kill yourself one day
Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by lilybonny(f): 10:55am On Jan 14, 2020
Its just a movie, EFCC watz the big deal there? Abi seems wat they displayed in the movie is the whole truth about u guys
Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by Youthleader22(m): 10:56am On Jan 14, 2020
one1prax:
its a temporary ban ooo

Them no Dey read na to read topic run comment dey sabi.
Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by Youthleader22(m): 10:59am On Jan 14, 2020
Romanoff:

My point exactly, what's the point of the temporary clearance?

For them to make the producers to make their money back?

So how does this ban serve as a deterrent?

This things involve rules. I’m totally sure the producers of the movie didn’t do his job accordingly. Scene like this in sugar rush was also played in king of boys about EFCC but the movie went on in cinemas. I think it has nothing to do with politics.
Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by Hallenjay: 11:08am On Jan 14, 2020
FREE publiscity. ..now they will enter guiness book of record for having d highest grossing film of the decade.
All plan na plan.
Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by ubox: 11:11am On Jan 14, 2020
rhames:

Move it abroad and let it reach the N1billion mark. Haven't we as Nigerians been watching movies that portray even American law enforcement agencies as corrupt?

The Censors Board should give us another reason to believe.
Did u read the writeup or ure carried away by the heading

1 Like

Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by Uyi168: 11:12am On Jan 14, 2020
The movie sef nor make sense...

1 Like

Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by Fyngal1(f): 11:21am On Jan 14, 2020
ubox:

Did u read the writeup or ure carried away by the heading

As in ehn! The thing weak me. The write up is not even long yet most people did not bother to read through. Just posting nonsense.
Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by Sheggz22(m): 11:22am On Jan 14, 2020
Uyi168:
The movie sef nor make sense...
I prayyyy!!!
You watch am?
Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by Fyngal1(f): 11:22am On Jan 14, 2020
lilybonny:
Its just a movie, EFCC watz the big deal there? Abi seems wat they displayed in the movie is the whole truth about u guys

Was it EFCC that banned the movie?
Re: 'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas by rman: 11:28am On Jan 14, 2020
Sheggz22:

I prayyyy!!!

You watch am?

Just comedy..

Some scenes are too basic while some are out-rightly unrealistic (driving and invisible car makes the occupants invisible too).

Overall, it is a typical Nollywood comedy where the overall aim is to make people laugh but not tell an intriguing story.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija: Ozo Evicted From The Big Brother House As Nengi Cries / BBNaija: Nigerian Big Brother Trends No. 1 In UK Because Of Khafi Sex (Photo) / What's That Movie You Can't Get Tired To Watch? (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.