Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,488 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Benue Varsity Charges Jambites To Check Admission Status - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Benue Varsity Charges Jambites To Check Admission Status (304 Views)

How To Check Admission Status On JAMB CAPS / Check 2017 JAMB Admission Status / Jamb Made It Compulsory For Every Jambites To Re-upload His/her O'level Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Benue Varsity Charges Jambites To Check Admission Status by LasgidiOnline(m): 8:04am On Jan 13, 2020
by Jacob Akpene

One can only wonder why a state-owned university will be charging Jambites before they can check their admission status.

Benue State University Makurdi is currently charging it’s Jambites a fee to check their admission status. This was discovered today as I tried to check the admission status of my uncle who choosed BSU as his first choice in the 2019 UTME.

I was clearly notified that “SORRY YOU HAVE TO MAKE PAYMENT BEFORE CHECKING ADMISSION” which got me asking questions like, what’s the payment for? What is the money used for? e.t.c.

A further check on the school portal revealed that Jambites are being charged a fee of N400 before they can know if they have been offered admission or not.

LASGIDI ONLINE investigation reveals that BSU has been collecting this fee for quite some time now. It was also revealed that Benue State University is not the only school charging this fee.

The National Universities Commission really need to look into this matter before it gets out of hand.

About Benue State University;

Benue State University is a state-owned university in Makurdi, Benue State, Nigeria. Its 2006 student enrollment was over 19,000 served by 429 faculties. It offers undergraduate and graduate programs with a catalog of over 50 graduate programs across seven colleges. It is accredited by the National Universities Commission. The current Vice-chancellor is Professor Msugh Moses Kembe who took over from Professor Charity Angya on November 5, 2015.

https://www.lasgidionline.com.ng/2020/01/benue-varsity-charges-jambites-to-check-admission-status.html

lalasticlala seun
Re: Benue Varsity Charges Jambites To Check Admission Status by Dave0116(m): 8:20am On Jan 13, 2020
Lala

(1) (Reply)

How I Wish I Knew About Ats When I Was In Secondary School / According to google, these are the only things school can give / Hard Drug And Substance Abuse (especially For Students)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.