Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,515 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Loss Of Power On Toyota Prado - Any Plausible Reason? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Loss Of Power On Toyota Prado - Any Plausible Reason? (1733 Views)

The All New 2024 Toyota Prado... What's Your Take? / Four Cats And A Snake Found In A Woman's Prado Jeep (Video, Photos) / As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loss Of Power On Toyota Prado - Any Plausible Reason? by hardbody: 12:20pm On Jan 13, 2020
I noticed that my Toyota Prado occasionally slows down while in motion and then finally splutters/jerks to a stop. Could this be anything to do with the fuel pump? After a few minutes of waiting, the car starts as soon as i crank it and then it runs for a few minutes and stalls again, especially at traffic lights. I need to be guided, please.
Re: Loss Of Power On Toyota Prado - Any Plausible Reason? by TPound(m): 2:57pm On Jan 13, 2020
Check the fuel pump
Re: Loss Of Power On Toyota Prado - Any Plausible Reason? by hardbody: 6:44pm On Jan 13, 2020
TPound:
Check the fuel pump

Thanks bruv
Re: Loss Of Power On Toyota Prado - Any Plausible Reason? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:10pm On Jan 13, 2020
hardbody:
I noticed that my Toyota Prado occasionally slows down while in motion and then finally splutters/jerks to a stop. Could this be anything to do with the fuel pump? After a few minutes of waiting, the car starts as soon as i crank it and then it runs for a few minutes and stalls again, especially at traffic lights. I need to be guided, please.

sounds like fuel pressure. (Note I did not say fuel pump)

1 Like

Re: Loss Of Power On Toyota Prado - Any Plausible Reason? by hardbody: 7:17pm On Jan 13, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

sounds like fuel pressure. (Note I did not say fuel pump)
whats the difference, what to do?
Re: Loss Of Power On Toyota Prado - Any Plausible Reason? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:32pm On Jan 13, 2020
hardbody:
whats the difference, what to do?

Confirmation is the difference. A plug in tool should be used before dropping the fuel tank.

(1) (Reply)

Problems With Toyota Camry / Leaking Sun Roof / Pixs Of Unique Odometer Readings.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.