Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,522 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked (33573 Views)

Who Else Noticed "Emergency Call Only" On 9mobile? / The One Thing To Check When Phone Start Misbehaving / What Could Be The Cause When Phone Don't Charge Beyond 65% ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by AdamsAbubakar(m): 6:44am On Jan 14, 2020
Vital Information That Will Definitely Save Lives

VERY VITAL INFORMATION

We the youths of today are fond of putting password/patterns on our phones which makes it difficult for someone to access it in case of unfortunate situations like phone loss, sickness, accident or even death. But with these few knowledge I'm going to share, perhaps we can save ourselves and the lives of others also.

STEP 1

When your phone is locked, it normally shows enter password, under it you will see emergency. Click on the emergency, then you will see emergency information. Click on the emergency information (2 times). You will see a pencil icon on your extreme right, click on it to edit.

STEP 2

Then enter the contacts you want to save as emergency. You can put as many contacts as possible but I advice you save numbers of active people who know you very well (Family/friend).

Now these contacts you have saved can be called even when your phone is locked without entering your password.

NOTE:

To call a number under emergency, you must repeat the process above.

A soul can be saved through this.

FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

123 Likes 30 Shares

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by SEGLIZ: 7:24am On Jan 14, 2020
very informative never knew this thought only the national emergency line functions through that mark.
front page please.

42 Likes

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Skales4ll: 1:13pm On Jan 14, 2020
Wow! I never knew this exists.
Lalasticlala comman see front page material oh

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by GraGra247(m): 1:35pm On Jan 14, 2020
OP you beat me to it. I was going to open a thread to ask what happens if an accident victim is found unconscious or dead and his/her phone has a password such that nobody has access to contacts of his relatives.

14 Likes

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Mohbola(f): 5:09pm On Jan 17, 2020
Helpful
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by AdamsAbubakar(m): 7:07am On Jan 31, 2020
GraGra247:
OP you beat me to it. I was going to open a thread to ask what happens if an accident victim is found unconscious or dead and his/her phone has a password such that nobody has access to contacts of his relatives.

The mods need to push this to FP.

1 Like

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by ibawon(m): 3:01pm On Jan 31, 2020
Also try to place pass codes on your SIMS, so as to block anyone trying to use your line to get vital info about you
eg. getting or changing your Bank Details,Spamming your Saved contacts, Hacking your online acc (does linked to your line for verification)

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by AdamsAbubakar(m): 8:22pm On Jan 31, 2020
ibawon:
Also try to place pass codes on your SIMS, so as to block anyone trying to use your line to get vital info about you
eg. getting or changing your Bank Details,Spamming your Saved contacts, Hacking your online acc (does linked to your line for verification)

Nice suggestion. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Skales4ll: 12:20pm On Feb 01, 2020
And this is the kind of post that should be gracing the front page oh.

1 Like

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by rentAcock(m): 2:39pm On Feb 01, 2020
Hahaha I used to think that emergency button meant you can dial 911 like in foreign countries. I used to think that feature was meant for civilised countries where you can just dial their emergency service number and police will show up immediately.
Thanks for enlightening me today.

19 Likes

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Slawormir: 2:39pm On Feb 01, 2020
Nice one niggarrr
Op must be a real niggarrr
Android 10 is dope. Just hold the power button for some seconds and the emergency icon will show then you can edit your emergency contact

fishjam:
I don't get, this info is useless. You can only dial '911' or '122' which are the standard emergency numbers.

Somebody should screnshot it if they can actually edit it to allow other numbers.

I've been seeing these useless msg circulating on whatsapp for months now
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Try to be a real niggarrr and understand the write up
Most niggarrrs here don't read to understand
Na the headline confuse you so abi?

But as a real niggarrr
I think they should introduce "guest user" on our devices

I mean our devices should be programmed in such a way that strangers can acces it even when it is locked but the access should be restricted to some certain functions of the phone.

Although android 10 has this function but still not well organized

10 Likes

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Ekakamba: 2:39pm On Feb 01, 2020
cool
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Patrioticman007(m): 2:40pm On Feb 01, 2020
Western Nigeria should have Amotekun hotline attached as their emergency numbers. Since they don't have faith in Nigeria's armed forces.

1 Like

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Donvictor2015: 2:40pm On Feb 01, 2020
Thanks for sharing
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by posty56: 2:41pm On Feb 01, 2020
seriously i don try that thing tire e no they eva work i come they ask my self any need
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Lamanii22(f): 2:41pm On Feb 01, 2020
Wooow.. This is amazing!... Keep it up!
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by dheaven: 2:41pm On Feb 01, 2020
Its long we started using this, its even a circulated message on WhatsApp.

1 Like

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Lamanii22(f): 2:42pm On Feb 01, 2020
rentAcock:
Hahaha I used to think that emergency button meant you can dial 911 like in foreign countries. I used to think that feature was meant for civilised countries where you can just dial their emergency service number and police will show up immediately.
Thanks for enlightening me today.

Lol me too
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Ingriid(f): 2:42pm On Feb 01, 2020
Thank u so much for this. Thank you !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 01, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:
Vital Information That Will Definitely Save Lives

VERY VITAL INFORMATION

We the youths of today are fond of putting password/patterns on our phones which makes it difficult for someone to access it in case of unfortunate situations like phone loss, sickness, accident or even death. But with these few knowledge I'm going to share, perhaps we can save ourselves and the lives of others also.

STEP 1

When your phone is locked, it normally shows enter password, under it you will see emergency. Click on the emergency, then you will see emergency information. Click on the emergency information (2 times). You will see a pencil icon on your extreme right, click on it to edit.

STEP 2

Then enter the contacts you want to save as emergency. You can put as many contacts as possible but I advice you save numbers of active people who know you very well (Family/friend).

Now these contacts you have saved can be called even when your phone is locked without entering your password.

NOTE:

To call a number under emergency, you must repeat the process above.

A soul can be saved through this.

FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

Wow this is great. Thanks for this. Instead of reading Buhari and other coronavirus

2 Likes

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by fishjam: 2:45pm On Feb 01, 2020
I don't get, this info is useless. You can only dial '911' or '122' which are the standard emergency numbers.

Somebody should screnshot it if they can actually edit it to allow other numbers.

I've been seeing these useless msg circulating on whatsapp for months now

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 2:45pm On Feb 01, 2020
I just tried it and it worked, thanks OP.

3 Likes

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by thelastmediator: 2:49pm On Feb 01, 2020
The number you're adding should be someone that can handle emergency situations (not necessarily your spouse or immediate family). You won't want to create another emergency with the one on ground.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Jaytecq(m): 2:50pm On Feb 01, 2020
nice one
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by willexyaho(m): 2:51pm On Feb 01, 2020
Good
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Koladesh(m): 2:54pm On Feb 01, 2020
Thank you for this great info. Just updated mine and it cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by izzyboi(m): 2:54pm On Feb 01, 2020
Do you have a business? Advertise for free today on www.awamart.com.ng !

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by d33types: 2:56pm On Feb 01, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Nice

But as a real niggarrr
I think they should introduce "guest user" on our devices

I mean our devices should be programmed in such a way that strangers can acces it even when it is locked but the access should be restricted to some certain functions of the phone

You are a learner. It has been on Android since 6.0. you just have to modify it a bit to allow a locked phone
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by RumeAlfred(m): 2:59pm On Feb 01, 2020
thanks for this kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by shobam1410(m): 3:00pm On Feb 01, 2020
It didn't work on my Redmi 8 o. No emergency info displayed

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price / Jonathan Accused Of 'Procuring' N11bn Equipment To Tap Phones Of Nigerians / Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.