Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked (33613 Views)

Who Else Noticed "Emergency Call Only" On 9mobile? / The One Thing To Check When Phone Start Misbehaving / What Could Be The Cause When Phone Don't Charge Beyond 65% ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by shobam1410(m): 3:02pm On Feb 01, 2020
fishjam:
I don't get, this info is useless. You can only dial '911' or '122' which are the standard emergency numbers.

Somebody should screnshot it if they can actually edit it to allow other numbers.

I've been seeing these useless msg circulating on whatsapp for months now
Feel same.Not working
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Puvo: 3:05pm On Feb 01, 2020
shobam1410:
It didn't work on my Redmi 8 o. No emergency info displayed

Same here

1 Like

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Goahead(m): 3:08pm On Feb 01, 2020
Doesn't seem to work on my V30+

1 Like

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Ajibade123(m): 3:08pm On Feb 01, 2020
educative post though
see 25 amazing apps to fast track your productivity https://explicitsuccess.com/best-android-productivity-apps/
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Benjaminjoel65(m): 3:09pm On Feb 01, 2020
Nice post, really helpful
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by heskeyw(m): 3:10pm On Feb 01, 2020
For Samsung users, go to contacts, click on group and u will see ICE contacts. Save ur contacts under the group. The return bk to emergency call after u must have locked ur phone and try dialing the number.. It will go this time around.

1 Like

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Dearlord(m): 3:13pm On Feb 01, 2020
Brothers and sisters in Chinko phone this info is not meant for you
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Cheryph200(m): 3:15pm On Feb 01, 2020
It work perfectly. Thanks
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by tammie24: 3:22pm On Feb 01, 2020
cheesy :
Patrioticman007:
Western Nigeria should have Amotekun hotline attached as their emergency numbers. Since they don't have faith in Nigeria's armed forces.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
You are not far from the truth
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Retrography(m): 3:28pm On Feb 01, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:
Vital Information That Will Definitely Save Lives

VERY VITAL INFORMATION

We the youths of today are fond of putting password/patterns on our phones which makes it difficult for someone to access it in case of unfortunate situations like phone loss, sickness, accident or even death. But with these few knowledge I'm going to share, perhaps we can save ourselves and the lives of others also.

STEP 1

When your phone is locked, it normally shows enter password, under it you will see emergency. Click on the emergency, then you will see emergency information. Click on the emergency information (2 times). You will see a pencil icon on your extreme right, click on it to edit.

STEP 2

Then enter the contacts you want to save as emergency. You can put as many contacts as possible but I advice you save numbers of active people who know you very well (Family/friend).

Now these contacts you have saved can be called even when your phone is locked without entering your password.

NOTE:

To call a number under emergency, you must repeat the process above.

A soul can be saved through this.

FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

Thank you for this.
I'm happy that Nairaland has been approving educative posts since the days of Amotekun.... Not those posts like: blah blah blah step out for icecream with her daughter and baby mama.
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by ope532: 3:29pm On Feb 01, 2020
Dear brother what can I do if my Facebook account/ Instagram hark.thanks
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by mine85(m): 3:33pm On Feb 01, 2020
I discovered this last year and I was impressed with Android developers... They are thinking
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by stano2(m): 3:42pm On Feb 01, 2020
ibawon:
Also try to place pass codes on your SIMS, so as to block anyone trying to use your line to get vital info about you
eg. getting or changing your Bank Details,Spamming your Saved contacts, Hacking your online acc (does linked to your line for verification)
there was a woman that was hit down by a hit and run driver, we took her to the hospital unconscious and the only we could get to her family was by putting her Sim card on another phone. Imagine her sim being on passcode

4 Likes

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by allubi(m): 3:47pm On Feb 01, 2020
Very educative
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by sanusi44z(m): 3:56pm On Feb 01, 2020
Does not work on iphone

1 Like

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by 12345baba(m): 4:01pm On Feb 01, 2020
fishjam:
I don't get, this info is useless. You can only dial '911' or '122' which are the standard emergency numbers.

Somebody should screnshot it if they can actually edit it to allow other numbers.

it worked . follow the instructions properly and stop condemning

1 Like

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Wisebliss1(m): 4:02pm On Feb 01, 2020
Thanks for the info
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Divay22(f): 4:04pm On Feb 01, 2020
It's true. I just did mine now
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Nature8(m): 4:16pm On Feb 01, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:

VERY VITAL INFORMATION

We the youths of today are fond of putting password/patterns on our phones which makes it difficult for someone to access it in case of unfortunate situations like phone loss, sickness, accident or even death. But with these few knowledge I'm going to share, perhaps we can save ourselves and the lives of others also.

STEP 1

When your phone is locked, it normally shows enter password, under it you will see emergency. Click on the emergency, then you will see emergency information. Click on the emergency information (2 times). You will see a pencil icon on your extreme right, click on it to edit.

STEP 2

Then enter the contacts you want to save as emergency. You can put as many contacts as possible but I advice you save numbers of active people who know you very well (Family/friend).

Now these contacts you have saved can be called even when your phone is locked without entering your password.

NOTE:

Nice one bro
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Offpoint: 4:19pm On Feb 01, 2020
Funny how people have been using android for this long and they don't know this, I doubt there's no functions on Android that I've not explored.

1 Like

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:26pm On Feb 01, 2020
so informative for all...this is wat I expect to see on nairaland, not wen bobrisky go toilet, we go hear am.....chioma breast feed ifeanyi, e go trend, Tonto dikes go Dubai we go see am...God bless the writer for this!

1 Like

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by blessedvisky(m): 4:28pm On Feb 01, 2020
shobam1410:

Same here
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by MightyHand(m): 4:38pm On Feb 01, 2020
Thanks for the Info... It's works
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by eedimo(m): 4:47pm On Feb 01, 2020
shobam1410:
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by eedimo(m): 4:47pm On Feb 01, 2020
shobam1410:
Same issue here.
Maybe Xiaomi isn't included

2 Likes

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 01, 2020
thelastmediator:
The number you're adding should be someone that can handle emergency situations (not necessarily your spouse or immediate family). You won't want to create another emergency with the one on ground.

You're making a perfect sense!
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Uwaeromosele: 5:03pm On Feb 01, 2020
ibawon:
Also try to place pass codes on your SIMS, so as to block anyone trying to use your line to get vital info about you
eg. getting or changing your Bank Details,Spamming your Saved contacts, Hacking your online acc (does linked to your line for verification)
Please how do you do this?
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Tpave(m): 5:09pm On Feb 01, 2020
Nice info. I just did mine now
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by BeckyRise: 5:22pm On Feb 01, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:

VERY VITAL INFORMATION

STEP 1

STEP 2

NOTE:

Will this work even when there is no airtime on the Sim card as well?
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Obdk: 5:42pm On Feb 01, 2020
shobam1410:

Same phone here.. I didn't see emergency information
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by michealdeco: 5:51pm On Feb 01, 2020
fishjam:

it's working

It's always the first thing I set whenever I get a new phone

It contains my address, blood group (Incase of emergency blood transfusion), allergies, and some other information, then some phone numbers that can be called without opening the phone lock

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Weirdest Thing You Have Caught Your Friend Doing With Your Phone? / Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen / NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.