Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Sochey's little Rant book! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sochey's little Rant book! (2184 Views)

How I Met Your Mother - A Short Rant / Rant 0153 / Rant On Women And Sex Dolls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sochey's little Rant book! by sochey(f): 5:41pm On Jan 14, 2020
YOU LITTLE PERVETED IDIOT STUMBLED ON MY LITTLE PERVETED BOOK grin

My sincerest apologies to you if you opened this tread with the hope of seeing wild contents rated pg18 but then get face smashed by a simple rant book!

Oh, may the gods of our land have mercy on both of our souls!!

I know most of you will still bring religious rants and watnots here, but c'mon, this.is.not.religion!

Thanks for your wholehearted understanding!! wink

So, I introduce to you my rant book!

Hey, I know I have a project on hand and exams in the next few months to come but who says I can't do em all *shrugs

Butwhichever, I sincerely need y'all opinions.

Now, the big question is....

Why do authors tend to give their heroines a strong background??

Is either the hero or heroine is poor and probably has no hope for the future...

OR

Her/his parents died at a very tender age....

OR

Just randomly trying and struggling to be rich.....

I see so many writers on nl and I must say y'all are really trying your best to bring out a unique masterpiece.

Good writing no be easy job sha

So, you are welcome to my rant book...

#RANTURHEARTOUT[/b]

1 Like

Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by AryEmber(f): 5:49pm On Jan 14, 2020
It helps in connecting with the character i think

2 Likes

Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by sochey(f): 5:59pm On Jan 14, 2020
[b]Okay

Another Rant! cheesy

I met a particular write up on wattpad and the author was talking about things like...

1) Why does writers like to characterize their hero/heroine as fair and beautiful and handsome and hawt and whatnot..
~Why not ugly?
I mean, what happens to everyone out there who doesn't feel appreciated for being the way they were created?

~Why not slim with flat ass?
C'mon, not every girl is figure eight!

~Why not straight from mars?
Okay, that's basically alien channel...hahaha

~Why does her hair have to be tied in a messy ponytail.
Have you seen how messy ponytails look like?
It looks like angry chicken had a mad fest on your head.

~Why not low cut
Okay, wigs are in the market and sells in high demand than the actual attachment.....wetin man no go see sha

Why not short?
Okay, I've come across books with thevherione being short and she gets discriminated and stuff....

Why not the tallest in the world?
Hey, have you tried to describe your hero or heroine as the tallest in the world? That sh*t is harrrddddddd....

Why not flat nose and grumpy face?
Everyone likes a cheerful person..but c'mon, make a grumpy person look fun!

I might go on without stopping wink[/b]
Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by sochey(f): 6:23pm On Jan 14, 2020
AryEmber:
It helps in connecting with the character i think
Yaayyyy...my first hero!!

Anyways, yes! It helps to connect with the character especially if you have been in the same shoe!

Thanks babe kiss
Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by sochey(f): 6:35pm On Jan 14, 2020
So, I made a cover for the book and before my phone zilch, I'd like to share something's here....

Hehe, I just remembered Amira doesnt know what zilch is.. When I told her that I saw absolutely zilch on her watpad book update she was like...wtf is zilch She doesn't even know its English!! Hehehe

Anyways....

I've always like to picture my male character as zayn malik
Van vicker
Majid Michael
J Cole
Christiano Ronaldo..

Hey, don't get me wrong, who doesn't like good looking people??

So I'm like, why not picture a guy without them six packs?
With a grumpy face and always sticks his hand inside his nose....eww
But then, there are stories or books that needs those big boys with tempting six packs and shining eyes and veins and and.... Oh oh...phuck me I don't know....

So, what do you picture your male characters like?
Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by sochey(f): 6:41pm On Jan 14, 2020
See you later this evening my most amiable comrades on the show “Fuuuucckkk me more!"

Hehehe, kidding!!

See you later on sochey's little rant book!!

Someone told me that the meaning of SOCHEY is Thinking!

Sooooo, I'm going into my chambers to think about Bleep me more!!! grin
Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by Khriztarl(f): 2:40pm On Jan 15, 2020
Chai..actually wen i picture guys most times i see leonard fredrick,Roman Reigns,my boyfy..then there is this cute guy i knew then in secondary school OMG the dude is dark anyway but very cute,tall with large biceps that can make a girl drool..and his name happened to be Rex..thinking about him now am already out..
Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by sochey(f): 6:32pm On Jan 15, 2020
Khriztarl:
Chai..actually wen i picture guys most times i see leonard fredrick,Roman Reigns,my boyfy..then there is this cute guy i knew then in secondary school OMG the dude is dark anyway but very cute,tall with large biceps that can make a girl drool..and his name happened to be Rex..thinking about him now am already out..

Ohmygod...Did I just read you say Roman Reigns?? That dude is puurrrrfecttt.. He used to be my celeb crush until Zayn malik took over *gasps*

And that dude in your sec school back then, I'm sure he was the crush of all the girls in the school.. cheesy
Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by Khriztarl(f): 1:35am On Jan 16, 2020
sochey:

Ohmygod...Did I just read you say Roman Reigns?? That dude is puurrrrfecttt.. He used to be my celeb crush until Zayn malik took over *gasps*

And that dude in your sec school back then, I'm sure he was the crush of all the girls in the school.. cheesy
grin
sochey:

awwn..let me search up zayn malik..4 Rex yh he was the crush of the year lolzx

1 Like

Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by millieademi: 12:31pm On Jan 17, 2020
Your thoughts reminded of something I watched on Jenna Moreci's YouTube channel.

She asked the same question and she frankly answered the question beautifully.

Beautiful people are easier to imagine but the advice she gave writers is to balance it out. Not everyone in the book can be beautiful.

I personally feel beautiful people are easier to write about. Writing about disfigured or ugly people is quite difficult because apart from the quirk they have, if you want to be realistic, you have to write about their psychological insecurities and how it affects their behavior.

It inspired me to start a work about an MC with a scar on his face. And so far, it's been challenging.

You also mentioned the pretty guys you picture. If I can share mine... They are majorly men from different movie industries

Idris Elba, Morris Chestnut, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Hrthik Roshan, John Abraham, Shah Rukh Khan, Xi'an Lim, Daniel Padilla,

These are the ones I can remember now.

2 Likes

Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by Khriztarl(f): 3:18pm On Jan 17, 2020
Can i call someone please at least Ann2012 i would like to know what her guy usually looks like..

2 Likes

Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by sochey(f): 3:57pm On Jan 17, 2020
millieademi:
Your thoughts reminded of something I watched on Jenna Moreci's YouTube channel.

She asked the same question and she frankly answered the question beautifully.

Beautiful people are easier to imagine but the advice she gave writers is to balance it out. Not everyone in the book can be beautiful.

I personally feel beautiful people are easier to write about. Writing about disfigured or ugly people is quite difficult because apart from the quirk they have, if you want to be realistic, you have to write about their psychological insecurities and how it affects their behavior.

It inspired me to start a work about an MC with a scar on his face. And so far, it's been challenging.

You also mentioned the pretty guys you picture. If I can share mine... They are majorly men from different movie industries

Idris Elba, Morris Chestnut, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Hrthik Roshan, John Abraham, Shah Rukh Khan, Xi'an Lim, Daniel Padilla,

These are the ones I can remember now.

Yeah, I think I can relate to writing about a character and their quality... It is difficult to describe a particular character, most especially the hero or heroine with disfigured face or so.. People easily relate with a beautiful or handsome hero or heroine. But that doesn't mean you can't add a disfigured person in the group. I get bored reading about beautiful people all day long.

About how you picture your male characters, I must say I'm thrilled.. Morris chestnut kiss
Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by sochey(f): 3:58pm On Jan 17, 2020
Khriztarl:
Can i call someone please at least Ann2012 i would like to know what her guy usually looks like..

Hehehehehehehe

I'd like to know too..

Ann2012 you are hereby summoned by the oracle of fretgezicalytogwisky grin
Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by millieademi: 4:25pm On Jan 17, 2020
sochey:

Yeah, I think I can relate to writing about a character and their quality... It is difficult to describe a particular character, most especially the hero or heroine with disfigured face or so.. People easily relate with a beautiful or handsome hero or heroine. But that doesn't mean you can't add a disfigured person in the group. I get bored reading about beautiful people all day long.

About how you picture your male characters, I must say I'm thrilled.. Morris chestnut kiss

God, that guy is smooth.

At least, the characters he portrays are. I loved him in Four Brothers, The Best Man and when I saw him in When The Bough Breaks, I think I fell in love again. He's kind of the kind of middle aged man you'd want to have an affair with.

He and Regina Hall were like my couple goals. Except for the barrenness part.
Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by sochey(f): 5:08pm On Jan 17, 2020
Good evening comrades!

Are you having mtn server problem in your area?

Yes?
Thank the almighty I'm not alone!!!

So, I'm basically stealing time from my work schedule to Rant today. I realized I didn't rant as promised two days ago. That doesn't mean I don't have what to type, it simply means that oru oyibo no be small work grin

RANT!!

1}How do you feel about EXCERPTS being attached at the beginning of each chapter in a book?

~The first time I read a book with excerpts at the beginning of each chapters, I literally collapsed in joy!

Those things lift up your soul and makes you want to read more!

2}What type of character do you like to read about or write about?

a] Male
b] Female

If male, why?
Female, why?

3} How do you feel if the hero/heroine of your favourite book lacks ability to fight?

~ I mean, some writers tend to deprive the protagonist the right to fight for her right, most especially if he/she is being maltreated.

I read a particular book on wattpad about how a girl was molested by her abducted family simply because she was better than the family only daughter.
The writer made the girl appear simple and harmless and each time her uncle beats her, I wished to enter the book and help the girl beat the uncle to pulp! Can you imagine that?

So, readers complained about the girls inability to fight back, to run away, to secure her future for herself. The author said that its the way it should be, there are people who finds themselves in the same situation and are too weak, too scared to make a move. Unless, if someone comes to their rescue. TBH, I cried because of that book, maybe I should recommend it for you guys...

4} What kind of book do you like to read/Write?

For me, Romance, Sci fi and actions works for me any day, anytime.

5} Zilch grin

Hehehe hehehe

*silently going back to my chambers*

Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by sochey(f): 5:16pm On Jan 17, 2020
millieademi:

God, that guy is smooth.

At least, the characters he portrays are. I loved him in Four Brothers, The Best Man and when I saw him in When The Bough Breaks, I think I fell in love again. He's kind of the kind of middle aged man you'd want to have an affair with.

He and Regina Hall were like my couple goals. Except for the barrenness part.

Yesss!!!! I watched when the bough breaks, and I can't help but to admire him also. He's tallness, male masculinity and dark skin colour is just so tempting...

Speaking of the movie, do you think that girl deserve that type of death? I mean, Yes! she's a psychopath and probably insane but she's just too beautiful and that pregnancy suites her...

And, I felt like, its not easy to carry a child inside of you for nine months and at the end, you just give it out no matter how much you were paid!!

No caring mother will do that!
But then, its business..
Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by Ann2012(f): 5:22pm On Jan 17, 2020
sochey:

Hehehehehehehe

I'd like to know too..

Ann2012 you are hereby summoned by the oracle of fretgezicalytogwisky grin
I'm presently present grin

1 Like

Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by Ann2012(f): 5:26pm On Jan 17, 2020
Thinking about Chris Hemsworth, Roman Reigns, Idris Elba, Henry Cavill and so on is making me drool now kiss

1 Like

Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by millieademi: 6:03pm On Jan 17, 2020
sochey:

Yesss!!!! I watched when the bough breaks, and I can't help but to admire him also. He's tallness, male masculinity and dark skin colour is just so tempting...

Speaking of the movie, do you think that girl deserve that type of death? I mean, Yes! she's a psychopath and probably insane but she's just too beautiful and that pregnancy suites her...

And, I felt like, its not easy to carry a child inside of you for nine months and at the end, you just give it out no matter how much you were paid!!

No caring mother will do that!
But then, its business..

It was business. My own problem with her was not even wanting to keep the baby. It was that she wanted to steal Regina Hall husband. As in, is she mad?

The part when she wore that red dress made me spark.
Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by sochey(f): 6:14pm On Jan 17, 2020
millieademi:

It was business. My own problem with her was not even wanting to keep the baby. It was that she wanted to steal Regina Hall husband. As in, is she mad?

The part when she wore that red dress made me spark.

Yeah, I remember now!!

She did everything to steal him but love stands above all! Chestnut knows what he wants...
And wasn't moved by his wife's barrenness!

When she stole that red dress, a part of me was like wtf?

1 Like

Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by sochey(f): 6:17pm On Jan 17, 2020
Ann2012:
Thinking about Chris Hemsworth, Roman Reigns, Idris Elba, Henry Cavill and so on is making me drool now kiss

Another Roman Reigns crusheee cheesy

Welcome to the club!!

Idris Elba though wink

Khristarl oya comman see Ann2012 cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by millieademi: 6:49pm On Jan 17, 2020
sochey:

Yeah, I remember now!!

She did everything to steal him but love stands above all! Chestnut knows what he wants...
And wasn't moved by his wife's barrenness!

When she stole that red dress, a part of me was like wtf?

That's the kind of man I want. Someone who knows what he wants and is faithful regardless of the storms and trials.

1 Like

Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by millieademi: 6:50pm On Jan 17, 2020
Ann2012:

Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck,

Ay

1 Like

Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by Ann2012(f): 10:24pm On Jan 17, 2020
millieademi:

Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck,

Ay

Include Denzel Washington and Zac Efron pls

1 Like

Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by sochey(f): 11:12pm On Jan 17, 2020
millieademi:

That's the kind of man I want. Someone who knows what he wants and is faithful regardless of the storms and trials.

Yeah, me too babe...

Me too... *sighs*

1 Like

Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by sochey(f): 11:13pm On Jan 17, 2020
Ann2012:

Include Denzel Washington and Zac Efron pls

Zac Efron used to catch my eye b4... But now....
I don't exactly know grin

1 Like

Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by Khriztarl(f): 4:47am On Jan 18, 2020
sochey:

Another Roman Reigns crusheee cheesy
Welcome to the club!!
Idris Elba though wink
Khristarl oya comman see Ann2012 cheesy
I'm just looking at her.. Ann2012 welcome to the crushing team..

1 Like

Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by Khriztarl(f): 5:05am On Jan 18, 2020
Considering your rant sochey ..
~i don't particularly have a thing for excerpts so don't know if i like it or not..i just read..
~I enjoy reading both male and female characters expecially when they are married but playing the lead role i prefer females..Because only then would i get the chance of putting myself in her position..
~Actually,i am a very slow person when i comes to reactions,even though i might have had cooked up plans..so when i read of another in a position of not standing up for rights am like 'owk..maybe other plans are involved'
so i just read on..
But i get real angry at the writer when i read things getting out of hand..

1 Like

Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by Ann2012(f): 7:06am On Jan 18, 2020
Khriztarl:

I'm just looking at her..
Ann2012 welcome to the crushing team..

Thanks babe
Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by Ann2012(f): 7:07am On Jan 18, 2020
sochey:

Zac Efron used to catch my eye b4... But now....
I don't exactly know grin
grin

1 Like

Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by sochey(f): 10:34am On Jan 18, 2020
Khriztarl:
Considering your rant sochey ..
~i don't particularly have a thing for excerpts so don't know if i like it or not..i just read..
~I enjoy reading both male and female characters expecially when they are married but playing the lead role i prefer females..Because only then would i get the chance of putting myself in her position..
~Actually,i am a very slow person when i comes to reactions,even though i might have had cooked up plans..so when i read of another in a position of not standing up for rights am like 'owk..maybe other plans are involved'
so i just read on..
But i get real angry at the writer when i read things getting out of hand..

Yessss!!!
I like your type of perspective smiley
Thanks! kiss

1 Like

Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by millieademi: 12:20pm On Jan 18, 2020
sochey:
Good evening comrades!

Are you having mtn server problem in your area?

Yes?
Thank the almighty I'm not alone!!!

So, I'm basically stealing time from my work schedule to Rant today. I realized I didn't rant as promised two days ago. That doesn't mean I don't have what to type, it simply means that oru oyibo no be small work grin

RANT!!

1}How do you feel about EXCERPTS being attached at the beginning of each chapter in a book?

~The first time I read a book with excerpts at the beginning of each chapters, I literally collapsed in joy!

Those things lift up your soul and makes you want to read more!

2}What type of character do you like to read about or write about?

a] Male
b] Female

If male, why?
Female, why?

3} How do you feel if the hero/heroine of your favourite book lacks ability to fight?

~ I mean, some writers tend to deprive the protagonist the right to fight for her right, most especially if he/she is being maltreated.

I read a particular book on wattpad about how a girl was molested by her abducted family simply because she was better than the family only daughter.
The writer made the girl appear simple and harmless and each time her uncle beats her, I wished to enter the book and help the girl beat the uncle to pulp! Can you imagine that?

So, readers complained about the girls inability to fight back, to run away, to secure her future for herself. The author said that its the way it should be, there are people who finds themselves in the same situation and are too weak, too scared to make a move. Unless, if someone comes to their rescue. TBH, I cried because of that book, maybe I should recommend it for you guys...

4} What kind of book do you like to read/Write?

For me, Romance, Sci fi and actions works for me any day, anytime.

5} Zilch grin

Hehehe hehehe

*silently going back to my chambers*

About excerpts,

They can either make or mar the chapter for me. I don't really like it.

I prefer female characters,

I can relate to them. Male characters can be nice but then they are not really the MCs in romance which is my favorite genre. I also read fantasy but then I think I'm kinda sexist and I prefer female MCs in fantasy as well.

I tried reading Inheritance Cycle. I got bored with Eragon's point of view and stopped at the beginning of the third book.

About fighting back,

I feel it depends on the entire plot.

Romance all the way. And maybe a little fantasy, once I get the hang of showing not telling

(1) (2) (Reply)

Madam Koi Koi The Legend Of The Dead Teacher Who Haunts Sec Sch Students / DRILLED. Yes, Drilled. / Articles Writers Needed.. FREELANCING

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.