Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,754 members, 7,851,589 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:42 PM

Future Predictions That Will Happen In 2020 (no.1 Will Shock You) - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Future Predictions That Will Happen In 2020 (no.1 Will Shock You) (496 Views)

Couple In Shock After Man Carrying Their Cake Tripped And Fell With It (Video) / Lady Claims She Is 50 Years Old, Leaves Twitter Users In Shock / 'Death, Burials Happen On My Birthdays' - Nigerian Woman Laments Online. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Future Predictions That Will Happen In 2020 (no.1 Will Shock You) by mrstardz(m): 10:48pm On Jan 14, 2020
— Michael Okereke

The year just begun, an entirely new decade actually, and one would wonder what the new decade has in stock for us. There are chances of us being able to predict what is most likely to happen, from the look of things. From my storebanks of observation this past years, here is my list of predictable events that could possibly take place this year 2020.

1. Same-Sex Marriage will be Legalized in Nigeria — It's obvious how homophobia is gradually fading off in Nigeria, maybe as result of people getting exposed to information on the Internet and realizing they were probably wrong all this while. Unlike years ago when people were quick to stone and lynch gay people, now they just murmur and walk past. Countries like South Africa and India that had a very alarming rate of hatred for homosexuality got to legalize same-sex marriage, with Botswana, Kenya and Ghana reviewing their gay rights bill, and the way people are getting informed, there's a very high possibility of gay marriage being made legal in Nigeria this year 2020 or in the very nearest future.

2. Terrible War Among Countries, Possible World War 3 — I actually foresaw this before it all began. But what's happening is just begun. There will be plenty more serious wars as Middle Eastern countries (Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, and Yemen, Belarus and possibly Ukraine) will wage war against America, in a battle for supremacy that could possibly lead to World War III.

3. American Election, Trump Again — The 2020 US presidential election will be held on November 3rd (Tuesday) this year, and although attacked from all angles, Donald Trump is going to be re-elected.

4. Massive Crime Increase in Nigeria — This year there will be notable massive crime reports in Nigeria. A lot of kidnapping and killing will occur, and the government would be doing so less about it. The Boko Haram will make yet another shoot at stirring the Internet. There will also be plenty Internet fraud cases this year, and arrests too of some known Nigerian celebrities for money laundering.

5. Great Britain Will Have a New King — I cannot tell what will happen to the queen Elizabeth, the monarch with the longest reign, but the possibilities of Europe having a new ruler is very high.

6. Digital Payment Platforms Fight for Control —Every week it seems like another retailer, startup, bank, or technology company launches a mobile payment solution. These companies have built this market by developing specialized applications (apps) that enable customers to wave their smartphone to make a payment. Even more interesting are newer technologies where customers need only to have their smartphone with them (e.g., in their pocket or wear a smartwatch) and a participating retailer can automatically recognize it and bill their account. The mainstream platforms will fight for control over customers.

7. Another iPhone? — Aha! This is most certain. Apple will not shock us any longer, but will update us with another version of iPhone, probably iPhone11s or iPhone12.

8. Man will Live on Moon? — This year, the first batch of men will successfully inhabit moon. NASA although had said sometime in this past that man living on moon is a project they set to accomplish by 2024. I dunno, but I already see it happening.

9. Celebrity Beef & Social Media Havoc — This will very much occur mostly in Nigeria between our music artistes and Nollywood icons. There will be several beef to eat and social media battles to score this year.

10. New Name Rise to Fame — Like Fireboy DML from 2019, an entirely new name will rise to fame in the music industry this 2020.

11. Prodigal Lyta will Return to YBNL — The young sensational singer and performer, Lyta who had issues with YBML boss, Olamide might possibly come back to YBNL this year; and this time around will return with a banger that will shake the Nigerian social media.

12. Reunion for the Umpteenth Time — Wife, no wife, Peter and Paul Okoye will come back together again this year, drop one or two hits and probably separate again. I must say we Nigerians have gotten used to it that we don't even bother or remember them any longer, but until then...

13. Technology will Strive — From the rise of finer robotics that would take over most of our jobs, and the possibilities of man interacting personally with machines, and more development of mobile apps that would redefine service industries, technology will bloom and get into the entire percentage of our everyday life.

Read Full predictions on Opera News: http:///s13b4da1200110en_ng

(1) (Reply)

I Am Going Ahead With My Wedding. / Ooni Of Ife Emotional As Olori Senikunola Kneels, Eulogies Him At Birthday / 5 Things To Consider When Planning A Multicultural Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.