Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,837 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

Learning How To Sing? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Learning How To Sing? (1737 Views)

Terry G Stole Danny Young's Track To Sing "jah Hailo Or Elo" / Singers That Really Can't Sing / Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learning How To Sing? by 2chukwu(m): 4:40pm On Jan 22, 2006
When learning how to sing,who has the better voice to sing along with ?

1.Keith sweat?
2.gerald levert?
3.babyface?
4.bobby brown?
5.R.kelly?
6.bobby valentino?
7.Ginuwine?
8.usher?
9.lucy pearl
10.joe
11.peter or paul(p-square)
12.faze,2face(of plantashun boyz)

If u pick an artist dont forget to give your reason.
Re: Learning How To Sing? by layi(m): 5:22pm On Jan 22, 2006
We all have different voicings. If u'r naturally an alto singer, picking celine would be suicidal. It basically depends on ur voice.

But sincerely, u dont have to sing like anybody. Just learn to sing. Thats all. U only need techniques like diaphragmatic singing, breathin patterns, timing, modulation etc.

Create ur own style.
Re: Learning How To Sing? by hipcaramel(f): 6:50pm On Jan 22, 2006
i think in learning to sing, you can start by singing along with any musician your voice feels most comfortable with. if i were learning to sing and i started by singing along to Mariah Carey's songs, i wouldnt even be able to speak at all cos my vocal chords would just be destroyed. on the other hand, if i started singing along with Brandy, i would be comfy and from there start to find my own voice. most artists, when telling their biography, start off by saying they used to listen to, say, Aretha Franklin, Anita Baker, Billie Holiday or any of the other great DIVAS of old and sing along to their music but if u notice, these artists dont sound like the people they used to sing along to. they found their own voice.

the key is to look for a comfortable place and start building yourself from there. you wont hit every note on the first try but with time, dedication and discipline, you'll get there.
Re: Learning How To Sing? by 2chukwu(m): 12:28pm On Jan 23, 2006
But somebody told me that before u start singing (that is if u dont know your voice)as an R&B singer you have to listen to some of these artist consistently to learn they basic style's of singing before you can apply it to yourself.
Re: Learning How To Sing? by 2chukwu(m): 12:39pm On Jan 23, 2006
[i][/i]layi just like u said that u dont have to sing like anybody but i think one really need to start from somewhere (U only need techniques like diaphragmatic singing, breathin patterns, timing, modulation etc) how can u learn all that without a voice teacher and besides i have this low,shaky,voice when tryin to hit a high note.
Re: Learning How To Sing? by Nobody: 12:58am On Jan 24, 2006
i think it helps to have someone you can sing along with. it helps you to develop urself and learn new styles.

i used to listen to shawn stockman, wanya and the morris of boyzIImen, they are an excellent source if u want to improve ur style for singing R&B. i don't sing like either of them anyway, wanya's voice would have destroyed my voice box cheesy
Re: Learning How To Sing? by mikebuddy(m): 3:08pm On Jan 31, 2006
Why more of them boys are in ur list,
By the way me dey learn how to RAP!,wanna be just like eminem.
Re: Learning How To Sing? by jayvinnie(m): 10:27pm On Feb 04, 2006
always practice everyday or join a choir
Re: Learning How To Sing? by mikebuddy(m): 1:42pm On Feb 06, 2006
Just join choir na IM.
Re: Learning How To Sing? by Oracle(m): 9:52pm On Sep 04, 2006
My choice would R.kelly, usher, Ginuwine and Babyface
Re: Learning How To Sing? by lissom: 11:08pm On Sep 05, 2006
i recommend you go with joe,usher,babyface. you really need a vocal teacher because singing is almost as easy/hard as learning how to play basketball,soccer and the likes.
most nigerian artist feel singing is so easy thats why we have lots of annoying and untalented nigerian artist.
You really need a laptop or a desktop if you really want this to work out very well
you download instrumentals of songs and get the lyrics and sing the song.you keep doing it until you feel yours is almost as good as the original one.but dude,if you want to achieve optimum result,you should be committed and patient because you wouldnt get noticeable results in days until about 3weeks and it would take you about a year of consistent practise to get that voice you need.

go to www.google.com and type singing tips or vocal training tips to have an idea of the practises you can be doing on your own before you get a vocal teacher and also checkout the advertisements on this plage

(1) (Reply)

Yori Yori’ Singers – Bracket Betrayed And Sent Third Member Out / Nigeria's Most Overrated Musicians / [watch & Download] Jon Ogah Ft Adekunle Gold & Simi - "Uncle Suru" (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.