Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,512 members, 7,812,593 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tatoo - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tatoo (25353 Views)

Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tattoo / Ruling On A Woman Putting Her Picture On Social Media / Islamic Ruling On Blowing Oneself Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tatoo by Lukgaf(m): 5:20am On Jan 17, 2020
Historically, across many tribes in Africa tribal marks have become a way of identification, beautification and protection. Tribal marks are created using sharp instruments such as razor blades, knives or glass and in some cases, flesh is cut from the skin to create a gash, which later heals and leaves a permanent pattern on the body while tattoo is a form of body modification made by inserting indelible ink into the dermis layer of the skin to change the pigment.

Effects of tattoo and facial mark includes:

1. Health effect: Use of unsterilized instrument can cause Infections in skin, Tetanus, HIV and hepatitis B.

2. Psychological, emotional and social effect: Skin disorder, Skin allergies, Swelling, Burning and the healing process might leave a scar and develop keloids.

Islam discourage causing our own destruction, creating tribal marks is risky and many people have been afflicted by it. Allaah says: “Do not cause your own destruction” (Al-Baqarah: 195). Regarding tattoo, Abdullah reported: The Messenger of Allaah, peace and blessings be upon him, said the one who gives tattoos and the one who receives them have been cursed, as well as the one who makes hair extensions and the one who receives them, the one who consumes usury and the one who pays it, and the one who marries and divorces a woman in order to make her lawful for another and the one who marries her. Sunan An-Nasa’i 314 6th Saheeh (authentic) according to Al-Albani.

Therefore, tattoo is forbidden. Sheik Ibn Baz validate that there is no difference between tattoos on the face or on the hand or elsewhere. With regard to what has been done in the past as a result of ignorance, it is sufficient to repent for that, and praise be to Allaah. If it is possible to remove it without causing harm, then that must be done. With regard to the future, after coming to know the ruling of Allaah, the Muslim must beware of that which Allaah has forbidden. This applies to both men and women. Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Maqaalaat li’l-Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 6/404. Tribal marks and tattoo on the face, stomach, hand or elsewhere have no evidence in the Sharee’ah.

May Allah grant us understanding of His religion and accept it as an act of ‘ibadah.

Source: Fiqh class foundation

9 Likes

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tatoo by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:55am On Jan 17, 2020
Tattoos and tribal marks are simply not allowed in Islam. Sometimes whenever i see kids with a pair of 1,2 or 4 strokes tribal marks on their faces i wonder how much pain was inflicted on them.

Alhamdulillah for the light of Islam.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tatoo by TheOutlaw: 1:21pm On Jan 24, 2020
When I was a kid in Ibadan I once met the Aare Musulumi of Yorubaland the late Alhaji Arisekola Alao and he had full tribal markings of Ibadan land.

The present Alaafin of Oyo also has heavy tribal markings and he's a Muslim.

Many Emirs in the North also have tribal markings.

Are all thes muslims going to hell?

Rashduct4luv:
Tattoos and tribal marks are simply not allowed in Islam. Sometimes whenever i see kids with a pair of 1,2 or 4 strokes tribal marks on their faces i wonder how much pain was inflicted on them.

Alhamdulillah for the light of Islam.

9 Likes

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tatoo by Akpan107(m): 1:44pm On Jan 24, 2020
YolobaMuslim:
What?!
So you guys mean I'm not a good Yoloba Moozlem?
No brother, you're a good Muslim.

You just need to go and kiss and touch the black stone of Ka'aba and all your sins will be erased.

The black stone will forgive and forget all your sins and you will become pure.

Read Sunan an-Nasa'i book 24, Hadith 0

8 Likes

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tatoo by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 24, 2020
Hmn this is serious

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tatoo by Emu4life(m): 1:59pm On Jan 24, 2020
TheOutlaw:
When I was a kid in Ibadan I once met the Aare Musulumi of Yorubaland the late Alhaji Arisekola Alao and he had full tribal markings of Ibadan land.

The present Alaafin of Oyo also has heavy tribal markings and he's a Muslim.

Many Emirs in the North also have tribal markings.

Are all thes muslims going to hell?

Seeing all these people do/have it doesn't make it permitted. Islam doesn't bend rules to suit people, it makes rule for people to follow. You can go and read through the post once again, nobody said someone is going to hell. It is strongly discouraged and frowned at.

7 Likes

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tatoo by fortran12: 2:00pm On Jan 24, 2020
Akpan107:
No brother, you're a good Muslim.

You just need to go and kiss and touch the black stone of Ka'aba and all your sins will be erased.

The black stone will forgive and forget all your sins and you will become pure.

Read Sunan an-Nasa'i book 24, Hadith 0

walking around stones, kissing it , stones forgiving your sin etc is not idolatry in Islam. But it it were any other religion, it's great IDOLATRY

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tatoo by Emu4life(m): 2:00pm On Jan 24, 2020
Naam
Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tatoo by Emu4life(m): 2:08pm On Jan 24, 2020
Prymestrr:
First time commenting on a muslim thread and I just realised I've been branded a muslim just so I can comment on threads like this. Pathetic!!! I categorically state herein that I AM NOT A MUSLIM AND DO NOT INTEND TO CONVERT TO ISLAM. Therefore, please take off the muslim brand from my profile.
Regarding the topic, I thought muslim women occasionally draw tattoos on their body...or what are those
The thread was meant for MUSLIMS, what is a non-Muslim doing here?? Your Hypocrisy is glaring.

5 Likes

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tatoo by mu2sa2: 2:12pm On Jan 24, 2020
Prymestrr:
First time commenting on a muslim thread and I just realised I've been branded a muslim just so I can comment on threads like this. Pathetic!!! I categorically state herein that I AM NOT A MUSLIM AND DO NOT INTEND TO CONVERT TO ISLAM. Therefore, please take off the muslim brand from my profile.
Regarding the topic, I thought muslim women occasionally draw tattoos on their body...or what are those
It's the goodness in a thing that makes it attractive. You see how you want to be on this thread by all means.

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tatoo by Akpan107(m): 2:17pm On Jan 24, 2020
fortran12:

walking around stones, kissing it , stones forgiving your sun etc is not idolatry in Islam. But it it were any other religion, it's great IDOLATRY
Brother, it's not just an ordinary stone.

On that day, the stone will have mouth, tongue and eyes and will be able to speak.

So if you are unbeliever, the stone will speak against you on that day.

Kindly read the Hadith fully to understand.

Jami at- thirmidhi
Book 9: Hadith 155.

So, the stone is a special stone, but if you touch and kiss any other stone apart from this one, that'll be purely IDOLATRY.

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tatoo by fortran12: 2:25pm On Jan 24, 2020
Akpan107:
Brother, it's not just an ordinary stone.

On that day, the stone will have mouth, tongue and eyes and will be able to speak.

So if you are unbeliever, the stone will speak against you on that day.

Kindly read the Hadith fully to understand.

Jami at- thirmidhi
Book 9: Hadith 155.

So, the stone is a special stone, but if you touch and kiss any other stone apart from this one, that'll be purely IDOLATRY.

Allahamdudilah! its really a pure stone we need one in Nigeria asap
Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tatoo by Prymestrr(m): 2:26pm On Jan 24, 2020
Emu4life:
The thread was meant for MUSLIMS, what is a non-Muslim doing here?? Your Hypocrisy is glaring.
you lot jump on threads of other religions and those of Atheism. What is so special about Islam that makes your thread so restrictive to non-Muslims?? Hypocrisy kee you there you dunderhead. undecided undecided

13 Likes

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tatoo by Prymestrr(m): 2:29pm On Jan 24, 2020
mu2sa2:
It's the goodness in a thing that makes it attractive. You see how you want to be on this thread by all means.

Wrong. I want to gain more insight into what Muslim women draw on their body especially during their nikah and how that is different from tattoo which Islam abhors so much.

6 Likes

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tatoo by Factfinder1(m): 2:37pm On Jan 24, 2020
Na everything una dey get ruling on...im sure your religion also permits you to say Bismillah before inserting penis into underaged girls.... bloody head slammers

4 Likes

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tatoo by Jabioro: 2:52pm On Jan 24, 2020
That means all the Yoruba,and this commentators has been cursed,hell bond Voyager, infidels and many Africans who are killing themselves over nothing,the Kanuri of Borno state..Shakau is an infidels...I told you they are confusionist..God forbid bad thing.Jesus is Lord..the most tendering father who accepted me the way I am..who overlooked all my shortcomings..

3 Likes

Re: Ruling On Tribal Marks And Tatoo by Reish(m): 3:03pm On Jan 24, 2020
Salamualaikum, what about piercing of the ear by women?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition / It Is Haram To Celebrate New Years! / Muslims: Are We Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.