Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee (44160 Views)

Elon Musk's Brain-chip Company Neuralink Gets Approval To Start Human Trial(pic) / Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix / The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by LegendHero(m): 5:05pm On Jan 17, 2020
sagieramos:

There is a big difference between "replacing a generator part from another generator" and "developing an actual generator from the scratch"

Fact: Do you know humans have not been able to design a new type of protein (except the ones already available in nature) talk more reviving more complicated damage DNA which is the source of life?

My question to you is that because it has not been created yet, can we conclude it is not possible?
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 17, 2020
LegendHero:

An artificial heart is a device that replaces the heart. Artificial hearts are typically used to bridge the time to heart transplantation, or to permanently replace the heart in case heart transplantation is impossible.

The first artificial heart to be successfully implanted in a human was the Jarvik-7 in 1982, designed by a team including Willem Johan Kolff and Robert Jarvik.

Is this not synthetic enough? Guy science is way above limitation, that it hasn't happened now does not mean it's impossible.

Attached is the image below!

Guy after this post if you argue again, I won't reply you..
The link below is the steps of inserting an artificial heart
https://syncardia.com/clinicians/home/

Now follow that link and tell me the part where the heart was removed and replaced with a device.. Also take your time to read what a heart is made up of.. And also tell me if you see any part the scientist claim the heart can give back life to a person..

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by jasontrigga(m): 5:11pm On Jan 17, 2020
sagieramos:
Have they figure out the process of reviving damaged DNA behind cells and organs formation that was caused by Adam?
If they haven't, God's kingdom is our only hope for everlasting life

Damaged DNA can regenerate
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by sagieramos(m): 5:12pm On Jan 17, 2020
LegendHero:

My question to you is that because it has not been created yet, can we conclude it is not possible?

Well, the evidence from creations is just too glaring that only the creator can be responsible for our perfection or living forever. The Bible has attested to this truth.

“He will actually swallow up death forever, and the Lord Jehovah will certainly wipe the tears from all faces.”—Isa. 25:8.
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by bergs2: 5:13pm On Jan 17, 2020
naijaguy123456:
It’s very very possible. Who would have thought we will have driverless cars, apple phone etc now including airplanes .

Wake up bro!
He who believes in me, even if he were dead shall live again.......Jesus Christ.

Science has no answer, Jesus Christ has.

1 Like

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by kevoh(m): 5:14pm On Jan 17, 2020
From comments on this thread, it's quite obvious many religious Nigerians think science is the enemy, to the extent of rubbishing scientific breakthroughs that have helped humanity. I wish these fellas can be teleported to the stone age era to better appreciate life without the fruits of modern day science.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 17, 2020
keenn:

What if someone said, a time would come when we will hold a metal and communicate with each other and even see ourselves on that metal dispute disranches away.

What if someone said a metal will be carrying people around in the air.

Or man will go to moon and come back.

Never say nevery, science is still in it rudimentary stage.

Guy which of those things you mentioned involved life? That is technology for crying out loud!! And with indepth research it can be possible.. The human cells alone is more complex than the making of all those things you wrote up there put together..

1 Like

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by LegendHero(m): 5:16pm On Jan 17, 2020
Felixamos:

Guy after this post if you argue again, I won't reply you..
The link below is the steps of inserting an artificial heart
https://syncardia.com/clinicians/home/

Now follow that link and tell me the part where the heart was removed and replaced with a device.. Also take your time to read what a heart is made up of.. And also tell me if you see any part the scientist claim the heart can give back life to a person..

@ your bolded words, I never think I said a synthetic heart can bring the dead back to life. Don't twist my words. What I said is that in the future that might be possible because presently they are able to use a synthetic heart to sustain life.

Your link is saying something else from a different context, You are digressing and saying something that is not of interest in this argument.

"First clinical implantation of a total artificial heart
On 4 April 1969, Domingo Liotta and Denton A. Cooley replaced a dying man's heart with a mechanical heart inside the chest at The Texas Heart Institute in Houston as a bridge for a transplant. The man woke up and began to recover. After 64 hours, the pneumatic-powered artificial heart was removed and replaced by a donor heart. However thirty-two hours after transplantation, the man died of what was later proved to be an acute pulmonary infection, extended to both lungs, caused by fungi, most likely caused by an immunosuppressive drug complication.

The original prototype of Liotta-Cooley artificial heart used in this historic operation is prominently displayed in the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of American History "Treasures of American History" exhibit in Washington, D.C."

Mind you, the artificial heart is always created from silicone!
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 17, 2020
kevoh:
From comments on this thread, it's quite obvious many religious Nigerians think science is the enemy, to the extent of rubbishing scientific breakthroughs that have helped humanity. I wish these fellas can be teleported to the stone age era to better appreciate life without the fruits of modern day science.

Your comment is contentless and very myopic.. You that appreciate science can not differentiate between technology and human breath.. You are claiming posh.. Mtchewwwwwwwwww...
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by sagieramos(m): 5:19pm On Jan 17, 2020
jasontrigga:

Damaged DNA can regenerate

DNA is just a storage of your whole self. Nevertheless its information can diminish as you age so that it doesn't replace your damage tissue when it's due.
That's what result to ageing and death. It's not normal to age and die if the information on the DNA doesn't corrupt
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by LegendHero(m): 5:19pm On Jan 17, 2020
sagieramos:

Well, the evidence from creations is just too glaring that only the creator can be responsible for our perfection or living forever. The Bible has attested to this truth.

“He will actually swallow up death forever, and the Lord Jehovah will certainly wipe the tears from all faces.”—Isa. 25:8.

Well we have different religion in the world. Why should we limit our thinking to the tenets of the bible alone?

Did the bible also talk about heart transplant, planes, ships, submarines, kidney transplant, etc.

Because the Bible did not mention it does not mean it's impossible!
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by dotlanre(m): 5:21pm On Jan 17, 2020
popsy2:

All I can say is that this is a fraud.
Its no fraud. If you know what the whites are doing about AI in there deep underground labs,seriously its no joke.
Try and watch this;ALCHEMY:THE RISE OF THE BEAST.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by sagieramos(m): 5:26pm On Jan 17, 2020
LegendHero:

Well we have different religion in the world. Why should we limit our thinking to the tenets of the bible alone?

Did the bible also talk about heart transplant, planes, ships, submarines, kidney transplant, etc.

Because the Bible did not mention it does not mean it's impossible!

There will be no need for finding a solution for a problem that doesn't exist... If our body was working perfectly, would there be a need for transplant?

A place where a particular problem doesn't exist, would there be a need to assume the problem and add it to there dictionary?

The Bible clearly stated that God did not designed humans to age or die
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by kevoh(m): 5:26pm On Jan 17, 2020
Felixamos:

Your comment is contentless and very myopic.. You that appreciate science can not differentiate between technology and human breath.. You are claiming posh.. Mtchewwwwwwwwww...
One of the cavemen that should be teleported to stone age era spotted!

2 Likes

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 17, 2020
dotlanre:

Its no fraud. If you know what the whites are doing about AI in there deep underground labs,seriously its no joke.
Try and watch this;ALCHEMY:THE RISE OF THE BEAST.

Hey y'all..come and look it this ....

dude u are funny.....u mean u are backing up ur claim with make-believe entertainment
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 17, 2020
LegendHero:

@ your bolded words, I never think I said a synthetic heart can bring the dead back to life. Don't twist my words. What I said is that in the future that might be possible because presently they are able to use a synthetic heart to sustain life.

Your link is saying something else from a different context, You are digressing and saying something that is not of interest in this argument.

"First clinical implantation of a total artificial heart
On 4 April 1969, Domingo Liotta and Denton A. Cooley replaced a dying man's heart with a mechanical heart inside the chest at The Texas Heart Institute in Houston as a bridge for a transplant. The man woke up and began to recover. After 64 hours, the pneumatic-powered artificial heart was removed and replaced by a donor heart. However thirty-two hours after transplantation, the man died of what was later proved to be an acute pulmonary infection, extended to both lungs, caused by fungi, most likely caused by an immunosuppressive drug complication.

The original prototype of Liotta-Cooley artificial heart used in this historic operation is prominently displayed in the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of American History "Treasures of American History" exhibit in Washington, D.C."

Mind you, the artificial heart is always created from silicone!

Btw what is the topic of this thread?

1 Like

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by dotlanre(m): 5:29pm On Jan 17, 2020
Colorado1:
Mad ohhhh
Na dis one gan gan dem dey call 'MISSION IMPOSSIBLE' ...na wetin God use take pass man be dis. That's why God is the ALMIGHTY and he didn't give scientists power for dis one. E don tey wey dem dey preserve people sef, but d sad truth is these peeps are going to be preserved for life..but can't be brought back to life.
Its already said in the bible and quran that,"ye shall wish to die but death will flee from thee".
Sir,Its coming to pass.
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by aadoiza: 5:30pm On Jan 17, 2020
Felixamos:
I can bet my life that no matter how science improves, it can never and would never bring back the dead.. There are things that can only be done by God and bringing back the dead is one of them.. Even Satan sef no fit..

There's a limit to everything and there's a limit science can never cross..

Don't be surprised when this useless Nigeria govt would come out tomorrow and say "the ministry of science would be investing in brain freeze soon"...

They can actually do so but it won't be the original soul that departs the body.
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 17, 2020
kevoh:

One of the cavemen that should be teleported to stone age era spotted!

I may not agree with @LegendHero on his opinions but I can say for sure that he's an intelligent guy with the way he portrays his argument and that's why I'm still on this topic with him.. But you, I would never argue with you. You're not worth the time..
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Blindersoff: 5:35pm On Jan 17, 2020
kevoh:

Stop trying to say what has not been said here. Nobody is saying science is the enemy on the contrary the science brainwashed ilk here think Religion is the enemy.

I actually believe science is complimentary and could not have existed without nature first being there. To me Science is a parasite which only exists because nature exists. Nature gave science life as it were.

Anything science does is simply it utlilizing nature to our advantage and for this i give it a C but to God he gets an A+ for deliberately giving science the tools with which to exist.
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by kevoh(m): 5:35pm On Jan 17, 2020
Felixamos:

I may not agree with @legendhero on his opinions but I can say for sure that he's an intelligent guy with the way he portrays his argument and that's why I'm still on this topic with him.. But you, I would never argue you.
And so? Like I care about what you think. Shift please...
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by GEOANDSONS: 5:37pm On Jan 17, 2020
kellystone87:

How much are these chairs

Cryonics is the future

Please click on the WhatsApp Link below. Thanks
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by LegendHero(m): 5:38pm On Jan 17, 2020
Felixamos:

Btw what is the topic of this thread?

Brother I said "If the function of the heart can be duplicated by human" in the below screenshot.

The scientist was able to duplicate the function of the heart using a synthetic material from the example I indicated in my earlier posts. However, the heart alone is not what guarantees life because there is actually a lot of process that can lead to death itself.

If we continue arguing, we will just be going around in circles coz I will still stand on my own ideology that:
"Science has the prospect to raise the dead or sustain life to mitigate death due to biological occurrence in the coming years, whether a thousand or million years, I don't know".

1 Like

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by kimlee3(m): 5:38pm On Jan 17, 2020
kevoh:

They keep trashing science, but can't even leave a day without it. Science will continue to have breakthroughs and improve human life. The word "IMPOSSIBLE" is just a mind state

2 Likes

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 17, 2020
LegendHero:

Brother I said "If the function of the heart can be duplicated by human" in the below screenshot.

The scientist was able to duplicate the function of the heart using a synthetic material from the example I indicated in my earlier posts. However, the heart alone is not what guarantees life because there is actually a lot of process that can lead to death itself.

If we continue arguing, we will just be going around in circles coz I will still stand on my own ideology that "Science can actually raise the dead or sustain life to mitigate death due to biological occurrence that in the coming years, whether a thousand or million years, I don't know".

And I still stand on my opinion that, science has improved and would keep on improving but it can never replicate life(as in breath)...
#peace..
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by LegendHero(m): 5:42pm On Jan 17, 2020
kimlee3:

They keep trashing science, but can't even leave a day without it. Science will continue to have breakthroughs and improve human life. The word "IMPOSSIBLE" is just a mind state

If we are to go by the holy books alone without science coming in to help save humanity, we would all have perished.

Without science, the humans would have long been extinct.
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by LegendHero(m): 5:43pm On Jan 17, 2020
Felixamos:

And I still stand on my opinion that, science has improved and would keep on improving but it can never replicate life(as in breath)...
#peace..

Peace!
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by dotlanre(m): 5:50pm On Jan 17, 2020
Blindersoff:

I updated my post so read the last parts.

You are actually speaking in my favour. Man is not a robot despite coming preprogrammed for certain functions. Man is actually a living, emotional being with sensory perception. A robot is not.

So only robots require such newer versions because they do not learn on the go and only give out what has been put in them.

God is above man and thus man is above robots
kindly search this on Google(pls don't be annoyed i refer you to it);THE BRAIN INITIATIVE BY THE US GOVERNMENT.
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by kimlee3(m): 5:51pm On Jan 17, 2020
LegendHero:

If we are to go by the holy books alone without science coming in to help save humanity, we would all have perished.

Without science, the humans would have long been extinct.

Wonderfully said

2 Likes

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by scott04: 5:58pm On Jan 17, 2020
Felixamos:

#peace..
do you read a post earlier about xenobut??

1 Like

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by kevoh(m): 6:03pm On Jan 17, 2020
Blindersoff:

Stop trying to say what has not been said here. Nobody is saying science is the enemy on the contrary the science brainwashed ilk here think Religion is the enemy.
Kikiki grin science brainwashed ilk indeed. Yet religious fellas are the ones trooping into hospitals every day to benefit from the fruits of science. Learn to appreciate science, science does not involve playing god. Science is just basically gaining knowledge of facts through observation and experimentation. If these knowledge of facts turn out to be helpful in medical fields, engineering field e.t.c then we apply it to our benefits. That's all! Nothing more to it!

When you see silly comments from people that science can never do what god can do, you begin to ask yourself are these people ok? Why those it have to be a fight vs your deity? The comparison is unnecessary especially when most of what you enjoy today is all thanks to scientific breakthroughs! Some of these breakthroughs were even by religious people! Where those religious people also trying to fight their god?

Blindersoff:

I actually believe science is complimentary and could not have existed without nature first being there. To me Science is a parasite which only exists because nature exists. Nature gave science life as it were.
Gbam. Fair enough! You are only re-echoing my position on the subject.

Blindersoff:

Anything science does is simply it utlilizing nature to our advantage [s]and for this i give it a C but to God he gets an A+ for deliberately giving science the tools with which to exist.[/s]
Once again fair enough until you got to the part where I cancelled. It is an unnecessary comparison! Science does not claim to know it all and do it all!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

World's Last Male White Rhino Dies / Fintech: Top 30 Leading Women In Nigeria’s Financial Technology Industyr / SA Man Without Phone Carries Distressed Seal In Search Of Help (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.