Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,837 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her (80191 Views)

Lagos Barber Stabs Neighbour To Death For Admiring His Pregnant Wife / Photo Of The 17-Year-Old Girl Who Stabbed Her Neighbour To Death In Kano / Temitayo Ogunbus Stabs Neighbour To Death Over Electricity Bill (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by Crownfitsme2019(m): 5:46am On Jan 18, 2020
A 35-year-old woman, Stella Olowofoyekun, was, on Friday, remanded in a correctional centre by a Yaba Chief Magistrates’ Court in Lagos for allegedly stabbing her neighbour to death with a broken bottle.

The defendant, who is a petty trader, is facing a count charge of murder, but her plea was not taken. Chief Magistrate Oluwatoyin Oghere, ordered that the defendant be kept at the Ikoyi Correctional Center, Lagos, pending legal advice from the Lagos State Director of Public Prosecution (DPP). Oghere, thereafter, adjourned the case till March 24.

Earlier, the Prosecutor, Sgt. Modupe Olaluwoye, had told the court that the defendant committed the offence at 11.30 pm. at Mati Community, Snake Island, Apapa area of Lagos.

She said that the defendant had stabbed her neighbour, Mr Monday Bella, to death with a broken bottle because he was playfully touching her. According to Olaluwoye, the deceased was touching the defendant on her waist, but she kept telling him to stop but he refused.

She told the court that the situation escalated into a serious banter, which led to the defendant picking up a broken bottle and stabbing him in the neck. She said that other neighbours rushed the deceased to a hospital, but he was declared dead on arrival.

According to the prosecutor, the offence contravenes Section 222 and punishable under Section 223 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State, 2015 (Revised). The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Section 223 stipulates death penalty for the offence of murder. (NAN)

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/woman-remanded-for-allegedly-stabbing-neighbour-to-death.html

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by DonFreshmoney(m): 5:50am On Jan 18, 2020
A woman stabbed a man for playfully touching her. But they are lot of girls that dont get a stabbing for playful touching guys..

Maybe some ladies needs to be stabbed also to balance things up

251 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by Kingrexyl(m): 6:09am On Jan 18, 2020
Just because of small play you stabbed someone, I don't think she's in her right sense, maybe she's mentally disturbed because me myself girls use to touch me alot,

complimenting me but I haven't stabbed them, she should be jailed.

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by ScamAlexistaiwo: 6:12am On Jan 18, 2020
Three rule of life

1:Fear Woman

2:Remember Rule 1

3:Remember Rule 1&2

441 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by nifemi25(m): 6:20am On Jan 18, 2020
She should have been stabbed in the neck also

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by Nukilia: 6:32am On Jan 18, 2020
Wherever the devil seats, daggers are drawn with a resultant effect of tears and blood... undecided

When a Neighbour leaves his rented apartment to be holding another woman's waist in the compound, this is absurdity!
I think the woman overreacted by stabbing the randy man.
Now she lost her freedom... undecided

153 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by Simplyleo: 6:37am On Jan 18, 2020
She might have taken it too far, may be uncontrollable anger and I have a feeling she just wanted to injure him, and not kill him.

Having said that, I hate with passion the way some idiots behave when they see ladies. Some will just lose their sense and start behaving like he-goats. Why handling a lady against her wish? Or as stated in the report, why "playfully" touching a lady against her wish? What kind of foolish pervert is he?

And to that one above saying ladies touch men too, please do they do it against the wishes of the men? I don't think a lady will do such when it is made clear to her the man hates it. Besides, before a lady does that, they might have been playing such games, not just start touching random guys.

236 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by Rockyrascal(m): 6:38am On Jan 18, 2020
Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by Oluwaphemite(m): 6:38am On Jan 18, 2020
Who should be blamed now? The man or the woman?
Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by Skyfornia(m): 6:42am On Jan 18, 2020
But why was the guy touching her against her consent? See the end result now...

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by Rockyrascal(m): 6:45am On Jan 18, 2020
Crownfitsme2019:
Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death For Playfully Touching Her In Lagos

A 35 year old woman, Stella Olowofoyekun, [/b]was, on Friday, remanded in a correctional centre[b] by a Yaba Chief Magistrates’ Court in Lagos for allegedly stabbing her neighbour to death
with a broken bottle. The defendant, who is a petty trader, is facing a count charge of murder, but her plea was not taken. Chief Magistrate Oluwatoyin Oghere, ordered that the defendant be kept at the Ikoyi Correctional Center, Lagos, pending legal advice from the Lagos State Director of Public Prosecution (DPP).
Oghere, thereafter, adjourned the case till March 24.

Earlier, the Prosecutor, Sgt. Modupe Olaluwoye, had told the court that the defendant committed the offence at 11:30 p.m. at Mati Community, Snake Island, Apapa area of Lagos. She said that the defendant had stabbed her neighbour, Mr Monday Bella, to death with a broken bottle because he was playfully touching her. According to Olaluwoye, the
deceased was touching the defendant on her waist, but she kept telling him to stop but he refused. She told the court that the situation escalated into a serious banter, which led to the defendant picking up a broken bottle and stabbing him in the neck. She said that other neighbours rushed the deceased to a hospital, but he was declare dead on arrival.

According to the prosecutor, the offence contravenes Section 222 and punishable under Section 223 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State, 2015 (Revised). The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Section 223 stipulates death penalty for the offence of murder
The bolded Is a good development. This sad story is another lesson learnt about been financially rich.

Nobody want poverty around them.

RipToTheDead.

4 Likes

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by Blessed13(m): 6:57am On Jan 18, 2020
Hmmmmmm

16 Likes

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by anonymuz(m): 6:59am On Jan 18, 2020
Effect of poverty and frustration.

Well you she for the rest of her life will be served with watery beans.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by tollytexy(m): 6:59am On Jan 18, 2020
uncle stop touching me.. sorry madam sorry

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by Okekenwajideaku: 7:02am On Jan 18, 2020
It's quite amazing where some people do get the guts to do some primitive actions. How on Earth will you stab someone even if the person touch you intentionally.

Don't we have a court of law. Now the victim has been victimized.

She must be prosecuted and brought to book.

I demand justice for the dude

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by LadySarah: 7:35am On Jan 18, 2020
Not making excuses for her though but he kept touching her after severally warning him. She didn't know it will end up killing her.

One just lost his job cos of touching too.

Get the message, when a woman says no tke it as no. Going further could result to something regrettable.

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by Openbusiness: 9:30am On Jan 18, 2020
Guys this is 2020, the following nonsense:

A) i wish i met you before i married my wife
B) getting touchy WITHOUT CONSENT

must stop OR ELSE angry

23 Likes

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by waynejesus: 9:30am On Jan 18, 2020
Something behind this....

1 Like

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by Factfinder1(m): 9:30am On Jan 18, 2020
Serves him right

Some men see women as toys and play tools

Have you seen how some ignorant poor men insist on being served by a lady in a bar/restaurant all because they want to touch them,look lustfully at them and crack very dry and dirty jokes...some will be continuously calling the female waiters to come out to waste their time with stupid talks thereby hindering them from attending to other customers...spits

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by Innoxxacs: 9:31am On Jan 18, 2020
....11.31pm you're "playfully" touching a woman!

Play play she's sent you to your grave, and herself to prison... her grave pending

People don't learn, seriously people don't

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by ursullalinda(f): 9:31am On Jan 18, 2020
Na waoh life just wasted......Some guys especially those ones in the market need to understand that touching a random woman can be disgusting atimes.....its just one humiliating act......don't know who invented it..... May God rest his soul

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by Neddstark: 9:31am On Jan 18, 2020
Straight to the neck? Let her be charged for murder. That was premeditated.
Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by 24kmagic: 9:32am On Jan 18, 2020
cry
Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by richard690: 9:32am On Jan 18, 2020
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by ironheart(m): 9:32am On Jan 18, 2020
Some play are expensive

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by looseweight: 9:32am On Jan 18, 2020
Stabbed with a broken bottle but an image of a knife was shown here. shocked shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by tstx(m): 9:32am On Jan 18, 2020
No woman go just dey stab person.... He probably deserves it.. Some guys are serial harassers..

*He probably thought she couldn't do anything because she's a woman... If only he knew

Crownfitsme2019:

According to Olaluwoye, the
deceased was touching the defendant on her waist, but she kept telling him to stop but he refused.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/woman-remanded-for-allegedly-stabbing-neighbour-to-death.html

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by Chisaedhor: 9:32am On Jan 18, 2020
cheesy
The name tells everything about her
Stella Olowofoyekun
I knew it

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by noblealuu: 9:32am On Jan 18, 2020
If only she controlled her anger...now the excuse here is not tenable because she just committed murder.

4 Likes

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by 66spirit(m): 9:33am On Jan 18, 2020
That is serious
Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by RollsRoc(m): 9:33am On Jan 18, 2020
So sad. Just for touching her,? she had to stab him. Fear women

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photos Of Nigerian Sex Workers Set To Be Deported From Ghana After Arrest. / Yahoo Boy Impersonates Godwin Emefiele, CBN Governor (Photos) / Pretty 17-Year-Old Girl Buried Alive After Leaving Nightclub In Argentina (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.