Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,634 members, 7,813,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Which Of These Two Cars? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Which Of These Two Cars? (1713 Views)

Car Lovers!,can You Help Me Choose Between These Two Cars? / Urgent Advise Needed On These Two Cars. (pictures) / I Need An Advice On Which Of These Two Cars To Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Two Cars? by Profemmy001(m): 11:15pm On Jan 19, 2020
Hello Nairalanders!

I'm a young graduate and I am about to get a small car. Due to my budget, I have narrowed down to two cars. A Kia Rio 2005(manual) or a Renault Logan 2008(Manual).

Please, which will you advise and what are the reasons behind?

I appreciate your responses so much.
Re: Which Of These Two Cars? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 19, 2020
Renault biti bàwo

Go For The Kia
Whereas sef , why do u love manual In This Age ??... May I Never Drive With My Two Legs

When U Get The Car , Update This Thread smiley
Re: Which Of These Two Cars? by Profemmy001(m): 11:26pm On Jan 19, 2020
Ascold:
Renault biti bàwo

Go For The Kia
Whereas sef , why do u love manual In This Age ??... May I Never Drive With My Two Legs

When U Get The Car , Update This Thread smiley

How about the numerous issues associated with Kia? I have read various reviews about the maintenance costs and spare parts availability.

Also, do you know much about Renault so you could make an informed opinion...

As for the manual aspect, the manual vehicles are cheaper to get...so I just have to get a manual one.
Re: Which Of These Two Cars? by conductor250: 11:27pm On Jan 19, 2020
Profemmy001:
Hello Nairalanders!

I'm a young graduate and I am about to get a small car. Due to my budget, I have narrowed down to two cars. A Kia Rio 2005(manual) or a Renault Logan 2008(Manual).

Both cars brands are not reliable. If you don't want car to deplete your pocket go for a 1999 Honda Baby Boy or 1999 Corolla.
Re: Which Of These Two Cars? by oluomo2013: 11:28pm On Jan 19, 2020
Oga consider the parts of the car you buying Biko! Some car parts cost pass the car itself.
Re: Which Of These Two Cars? by Profemmy001(m): 11:29pm On Jan 19, 2020
conductor250:

Both cars brands are not reliable. If you don't want car to deplete your pocket go for a 1999 Honda Baby Boy or 1999 Corolla.

These vehicles you've mentioned are not too presentable na...

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Two Cars? by Profemmy001(m): 11:29pm On Jan 19, 2020
oluomo2013:
Oga consider the parts of the car you buying Biko! Some car parts cost pass the car itself.

No doubt! That's why I'm asking on here. I believe I'd get reviews from those who've used these two cars.
Re: Which Of These Two Cars? by kunki90(m): 11:41pm On Jan 19, 2020
Profemmy001:

Lol, 05 rio is more presentable to you than baby boy undecided
your taste sha

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Two Cars? by Gaddafi1: 11:42pm On Jan 19, 2020
You can only get little help if we don't know your budget. Don't bother going for a Renault as you may have difficulty with the parts.
Why don't you go for a Corolla instead of these problematic cars.
Re: Which Of These Two Cars? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 19, 2020
Profemmy001:

How about the numerous issues associated with Kia? I have read various reviews about the maintenance costs and spare parts availability.

Also, do you know much about Renault so you could make an informed opinion...

As for the manual aspect, the manual vehicles are cheaper to get...so I just have to get a manual one.

Bro although u stated your choice already that's why I gave my opinion of Kia....I don't really know much about vehicle but I suppose you should go for a Toyota ( with your terms of maintainace mentioned above)

Cc ... GAZZUZZ nurey
Re: Which Of These Two Cars? by greggng: 11:45pm On Jan 19, 2020
Profemmy001:
Hello Nairalanders!

If indeed you are a graduate ..you should 've been more creative and have ability to think out of the box. How can you dabble into this two cars if indeed you are trying to manage your life? ...I believe you should 've gone for something that is Nigerian road friendly and economical to maintain and manage. Those 2 cars being manual are very cheap that is why you are being carried away....have you ask yourself if it has second hand value? My friend look for money buy Toyota Camry from 1999 to 2001 will be fine for a . They people that choses this ride cannot be wrong cos they are tested and trusted.I have been using mine for 8years and lots of guys wanna mine mine from me for big money ...I still love my ride...The decision is yours ...I will be the first to insult you here if you ever come back to lament about making wrong decision ..

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Two Cars? by conductor250: 12:36am On Jan 20, 2020
Profemmy001:

a 99 Corolla or 99 Camry is more presentable than the two cars you mentioned.
Re: Which Of These Two Cars? by jacobjamie(m): 12:48am On Jan 20, 2020
Son ? My son ....i want to give u an advice from father to son....those 2 cars are out of the way..i know cars from the sound of the engine I can tell u the model and engine it carries from just a sound of a car....dont I repeat don't buy those 2 ,yes manuals are cheaper but not in 2020 u are thinking if manual car...but if u insist go for a corrola bank type manual ,it comes cheap between 400 to 600k clean one...or rather go for a baby boy ,300 to 400clean naija used ,EOD also for 550k auto .. Don't buy what u will spend more than u bought the car for just parts alone ..those 2 cars are not it at all,enough is enough my son...

6 Likes

Re: Which Of These Two Cars? by femi4: 5:37am On Jan 20, 2020
Profemmy001:
Hello Nairalanders!

manual? In 2020...God forbid
Re: Which Of These Two Cars? by Profemmy001(m): 7:55am On Jan 20, 2020
kunki90:

Lol, 05 rio is more presentable to you than baby boy undecided
your taste sha

I fear for Honda and their frequent leg issues oh
Re: Which Of These Two Cars? by Profemmy001(m): 7:55am On Jan 20, 2020
Gaddafi1:
You can only get little help if we don't know your budget. Don't bother going for a Renault as you may have difficulty with the parts.
Why don't you go for a Corolla instead of these problematic cars.

The money I have would not be able to get a Corolla
Re: Which Of These Two Cars? by Profemmy001(m): 7:56am On Jan 20, 2020
Ascold:

Bro although u stated your choice already that's why I gave my opinion of Kia....I don't really know much about vehicle but I suppose you should go for a Toyota ( with your terms of maintainace mentioned above)

Cc ... GAZZUZZ nurey

Alright. Many thanks
Re: Which Of These Two Cars? by Profemmy001(m): 7:56am On Jan 20, 2020
greggng:

If indeed you are a graduate ..you should 've been more creative and have ability to think out of the box. How can you dabble into this two cars if indeed you are trying to manage your life? ...I believe you should 've gone for something that is Nigerian road friendly and economical to maintain and manage. Those 2 cars being manual are very cheap that is why you are being carried away....have you ask yourself if it has second hand value? My friend look for money buy Toyota Camry from 1999 to 2001 will be fine for a . They people that choses this ride cannot be wrong cos they are tested and trusted.I have been using mine for 8years and lots of guys wanna mine mine from me for big money ...I still love my ride...The decision is yours ...I will be the first to insult you here if you ever come back to lament about making wrong decision ..

Thank you very much. I would take your advice into consideration
Re: Which Of These Two Cars? by Profemmy001(m): 7:57am On Jan 20, 2020
conductor250:

a 99 Corolla or 99 Camry is more presentable than the two cars you mentioned.

Really sad shocked shocked
Re: Which Of These Two Cars? by Profemmy001(m): 7:58am On Jan 20, 2020
jacobjamie:
Son ? My son ....i want to give u an advice from father to son....those 2 cars are out of the way..i know cars from the sound of the engine I can tell u the model and engine it carries from just a sound of a car....dont I repeat don't buy those 2 ,yes manuals are cheaper but not in 2020 u are thinking if manual car...but if u insist go for a corrola bank type manual ,it comes cheap between 400 to 600k clean one...or rather go for a baby boy ,300 to 400clean naija used ,EOD also for 550k auto .. Don't buy what u will spend more than u bought the car for just parts alone ..those 2 cars are not it at all,enough is enough my son...

You've spoken well. Thank you!
Re: Which Of These Two Cars? by Profemmy001(m): 7:59am On Jan 20, 2020
femi4:
manual? In 2020...God forbid

You really dislike Manual that much?
Re: Which Of These Two Cars? by sirabbey(m): 10:47am On Jan 20, 2020
Profemmy001:
Hello Nairalanders!

Check this KIA RIO out. https://www.nairaland.com/5627488/kia-2008-650k-excellent-body#85735282 Price is negotiable.
Re: Which Of These Two Cars? by Gaddafi1: 2:02pm On Jan 20, 2020
Profemmy001:

The money I have would not be able to get a Corolla

Let's know your budget so that we can be in a better position to help you

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Two Cars? by jendoslim(m): 7:26am On Feb 05, 2020
500-550k.
In same dilemma with the op, and this thread clearly spelled out my needs.
Kindly advise which one to go for.
Looking at Honda City 2007, but the way the engine sounds when revved is somehow, it sounds hollow (a neighbor uses one grin cheesy)

(1) (Reply)

Ad Renewed / 2008 Model Toyota Avalon Limited Toks Fully Loaded / 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.