Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,233 members, 7,811,649 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? (45298 Views)

See The Cloth This Graduate Wore That Might Make Him Sit For Jamb Again (photo) / How Mass Communication Students Sit For Exams In Anambra University (Photos) / How Covenant University Students Sit For Exams (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? by SipCoke: 2:51pm On Jan 22, 2020
I apologize for the long post... So the thing is, I am 22 years old currently in 200 level. My performance is very poor, in fact I'm currently on probation(I'm suppose to be in 300 level by now) and that's not because I'm not intelligent or I'm dull o. it's just that i don't show commitment towards my studies because I've completely lost interest in the course I'm currently studying because of its calculation aspect. I hate calculations a lot. Let me say, I'm more of a theory person. I have tried applying for change of course but i was denied maybe because of my poor performance. My Father doesn't know anything about this. "no issues at all Daddy, my result is good", my response whenever he asked me about my result.

So i have finally decided to apply for withdrawal from my current school to register and sit for jamb again. This time i will apply for a course in a different institution. This course in question is a course I've wanted to study long ago but my current school don't offer it. My friend studies it and I've done research on the course my self. I'm very sure i can do it this time.

Now i don't even know how to approach my father with this. I know I've fvcked up big time. The man will be so so annoyed and disappointed in me but i can't continue like this, i want to get things on track, i want to fix my life and start afresh. Right now I'm just confused and frustrated. Nairalanders, i will need your advice and suggestions. Please what's your take on this?

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? by Prinss: 4:34pm On Jan 22, 2020
Your dad may be angry, disappointed, mad, but certainly won't disown or kill you. Call him, tell him everything and the struggles you have endured all this while. Trust me, after the initial tantrums he may put up, eventually he will support and assist you. Just be sure your decision is something you are ready to commit to.

Sometimes the greatest decisions requires the strongest will.

312 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? by SipCoke: 4:39pm On Jan 22, 2020
Prinss:
Your dad may be angry, disappointed, mad, but certainly won't disown or kill you. Call him, tell him everything and the struggles you have endured all this while. Trust me, after the initial tantrums he may put up, eventually he will support and assist you. Just be sure your decision is something you are ready to commit to.

Sometimes the greatest decisions requires the strongest will.
Thank you so much sir. I appreciate.

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? by Dvd4: 4:40pm On Jan 22, 2020
Sorry oh, this your post is somehow. You didn't give us much details. How do you want us to help you? Also, you could have asked this question before thinking of withdrawal.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? by SipCoke: 4:42pm On Jan 22, 2020
Dvd4:
Sorry oh, this your post is somehow.
You didn't give us much details. How do you want us to help you?
Also, you could have asked this question before thinking of withdrawal.
details like?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? by Dididrumz(m): 5:13pm On Jan 22, 2020
shocked
Re: Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? by GeneralPula: 5:13pm On Jan 22, 2020
sad

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? by JessetariahMD(m): 5:13pm On Jan 22, 2020
it is well
did they really had to kill the thief
this country sef

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? by blingxx(m): 5:14pm On Jan 22, 2020
SipCoke:
I apologize for the long post... So the thing is, I am 22 years old currently in 200 level. My performance is very poor, in fact I'm currently on probation(I'm suppose to be in 300 level by now) and that's not because I'm not intelligent or I'm dull o. it's just that i don't show commitment towards my studies because I've completely lost interest in the course I'm currently studying because of its calculation aspect. I hate calculations a lot. Let me say, I'm more of a theory person. I have tried applying for change of course but i was denied maybe because of my poor performance. My Father doesn't know anything about this. "no issues at all Daddy, my result is good", my response whenever he asked me about my result.

So i have finally decided to apply for withdrawal from my current school to register and sit for jamb again. This time i will apply for a course in a different institution. This course in question is a course I've wanted to study long ago but my current school don't offer it. My friend studies it and I've done research on the course my self. I'm very sure i can do it this time.

Now i don't even know how to approach my father with this. I know I've fvcked up big time. The man will be so so annoyed and disappointed in me but i can't continue like this, i want to get things on track, i want to fix my life and start afresh. Right now I'm just confused and frustrated. Nairalanders, i will need your advice and suggestions. Please what's your take on this? Mods Lalasticlala can you guys please help me push this forward.

Sound familiar to mine ..this is somehow how I ended up in a college of education, but I am not depending on my degree what so ever ,do you have any handy work you are doing ,I'm a painter for instance i make interior house designs like wallpapers,wallframes ,P.O.P

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? by gbaskiboy: 5:14pm On Jan 22, 2020
In Kolawole Olawuyi voice "Ha Nkan nbe"

I think this is the right time to open up to your father and discuss your incompetency toward your course. The more you delay the more problems it caused. Take the bull by the horn now

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? by ShenTeh(m): 5:14pm On Jan 22, 2020
A lot of people today who graduated with very poor class of degrees wish they started again.

It takes courage to start all over. But get your JAMB result and another admission first before you quit this one, else you may never continue with university education.

As for dad, mum is still you best channel. Mothers have a weakness around their children and a strength around their hubbies. Talk to mum if you still have one.

Otherwise, just edit this post a little and forward it to him. First tell him you are seeking advise for your very good friend. When he's done advising. Tell him very slowly that your friend is you and that you are sorry because you trully never want to disappoint him. He'll come around.

Good luck.

132 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? by Guestuser: 5:14pm On Jan 22, 2020
It’s your life

2 Likes

Re: Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? by OgbanjeProphet: 5:15pm On Jan 22, 2020
Hmmmm this one na real gbagam.
So let me drop this advice for you; choose your course or studies based on your future career. Nobody is dumb until he or she agrees that he or she is dumb. Mathematics is hard but very simple.Just see it as a game, and you will love it. Learn to play with figures and equations.
The calculations that you are running away from today, you will still need in future no matter your future career, even ashawoo work needs calculations to avoid stories that touch.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 22, 2020
SipCoke:

Now i don't even know how to approach my father with this. I know I've fvcked up big time. The man will be so so annoyed and disappointed in me but i can't continue like this, i want to get things on track, i want to fix my life and start afresh. Right now I'm just confused and frustrated. Nairalanders, i will need your advice and suggestions. Please what's your take on this?

I was in your exact position some years ago.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? by irynterri(f): 5:15pm On Jan 22, 2020
so after paying acceptance fee and school fees plus so many other fees you want to leave it and start a fresh abi?, do u guys even pity your parents at all? my advice for you is to finish your course and get that degree even if it is a third class, then apply for your dream course.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? by dominique(f): 5:15pm On Jan 22, 2020
Don't withdraw till you gain admission elsewhere so you don't lose both ways

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? by baillers123: 5:15pm On Jan 22, 2020
Na wa oooh

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? by WeRblessed(f): 5:15pm On Jan 22, 2020
Go and learn a trade and stop wasting your parents money. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? by Criticaltemp: 5:16pm On Jan 22, 2020
This thing still dey happened?

11 Likes

Re: Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? by stellanth(m): 5:16pm On Jan 22, 2020
I love your response to the advise, Do as He has advised. Make the change now and determine to be successful!
You will make it!
SipCoke:
Thank you so much sir. I appreciate.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? by Ehibiggirl(f): 5:16pm On Jan 22, 2020
Details like the course you are applying for

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? by Alexandro15: 5:16pm On Jan 22, 2020
What is the real reason you wish to change. Is it because of your poor performance or you have a passion elsewhere? Can't you out in more effort in your current course? It's best you understand the problem first to avoid further mistakes.

But I'd advise that you follow your heart, after much discernment of course. 22 years is still quite Young. It's better to stop and rectify a mistake, than to continue in error.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? by kevweflex(m): 5:16pm On Jan 22, 2020
I was supposed to study Medicine, but I end up studying Industrial Mathematics not out of choice, but I found myself there. I performed excellently at the beginning because I am intelligent. But when it was time (so I thought) for me to move on to study Medicine, I totally lost focused in Maths and wouldn't study hoping to be admitted even at the beginning of my 200 level. But at the end, my medicine dream didn't come to reality. I found myself struggling all through to my final years. But my final year was the best of grades. The reason I struggled was because all the things that I was suppose to learn from beginning are now what we are applying in 300 level and 400 level. But I took it upon myself to study hard, that I even have to teach some people who had extension. Today, I'm in the US doing IT and well for myself. The course you study doesn't define you. It will if you allow it. So if you can gather all those broken pieces and continue, you may meet up. Consider the expenses your dad will have to go through to see you achieve starting all over. All those money wasted all these semesters. My brother, fowl wey dey lay egg, yansh dey pain am o.

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 22, 2020
Just go learn a trade or get into IT. stop prolonging your future sufferings

3 Likes

Re: Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? by sixoddbetnaija2: 5:16pm On Jan 22, 2020
let's hit it big

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? by Ustec: 5:16pm On Jan 22, 2020
The earlier the better
Re: Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? by seunfly: 5:16pm On Jan 22, 2020
Ok
Re: Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? by tityboi: 5:17pm On Jan 22, 2020
Why will you withdraw when 3rd class graduates are employing first class these days

7 Likes

Re: Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? by Nicoddemus(m): 5:17pm On Jan 22, 2020
T

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons / How I Handled A Cultist That Slapped My Girlfriend / Indian University Creates Cartoon Characters Of Students For Virtual Graduation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.