Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

C Vs Python - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / C Vs Python (1291 Views)

Python Vs C++ Vs Java. Which Coding Language Pays The Most? / Node VS Python - What's the Best Backend Tech for Beginner & Intermediate Devs? / C# Vs Java (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

C Vs Python by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 23, 2020
Which Language is actually better? Seasoned programmers time for argument.
Re: C Vs Python by Ceekay212: 4:37pm On Jan 23, 2020
Each has it's strength..... Depends on what u wanna do
Re: C Vs Python by Nobody: 12:14am On Feb 03, 2020
Ceekay212:
Each has it's strength..... Depends on what u wanna do
True but C can do everything that python can and python cannot and never will be able to do everything C can.
Re: C Vs Python by Ceekay212: 11:36am On Feb 03, 2020
Ausrichie:

True but C can do everything that python can and python cannot and never will be able to do everything C can.
That's not entirely true. Python is faster in terms of development speed. Also if you've used sockets in python for networking, it is night and day when compared to C networking

1 Like

Re: C Vs Python by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 03, 2020
Ceekay212:
That's not entirely true. Python is faster in terms of development speed. Also if you've used sockets in python for networking, it is night and day when compared to C networking
But still those networking goodies and the rest still use system calls written entirely in C or Assembly. shocked Even the networking course I am taking online. The guy uses C to teach and development speed can be enhanced by Cmake. God python is so slow in speed.
Re: C Vs Python by Ceekay212: 6:40pm On Feb 03, 2020
Ausrichie:

But still those networking goodies and the rest still use system calls written entirely in C or Assembly. shocked Even the networking course I am taking online. The guy uses C to teach and development speed can be enhanced by Cmake. God python is so slow in speed.
I don't mean speed as in runtime speed, I mean development speed as in how long it takes to write the same program in c and Python
Re: C Vs Python by Nobody: 6:44pm On Feb 03, 2020
Ceekay212:
I don't mean speed as in runtime speed, I mean development speed as in how long it takes to write the same program in c and Python
I know it was just a side note I added. This is one of interpreted languages greatest powers flexibility and development speed. But man they run so slowly.
Re: C Vs Python by Fash20: 9:30pm On Feb 03, 2020
C fastest after Assembly
Pythons slow compared to C but due to the explosion of AI and data science you might want to go for python. In addition, python syntaxes are simpler compared to C.

1 Like

Re: C Vs Python by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 15, 2020
Fash20:
C fastest after Assembly
Pythons slow compared to C but due to the explosion of AI and data science you might want to go for python. In addition, python syntaxes are simpler compared to C.
Simple that is a lie. A language that enforces indentation and does not even enforce declaration of variables does not have a simple syntax. A lot of popular programming languages use C's syntax because it is better a
Re: C Vs Python by Fash20: 1:36pm On Feb 15, 2020
Ausrichie:

Simple that is a lie. A language that enforces indentation and does not even enforce declaration of variables does not have a simple syntax. A lot of popular programming languages use C's syntax because it is better a

Teach a novice python and C. Then, ask him/her which one he prefers.

I bet you learnt C related language first. If true, then that's why you think C related syntaxes are easier compared to python.

And also, the word "simple" is relative. What you find to be simple might be difficult for me and vice versa.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

CSS File Not Reflecting In Webpage After Uploads / Vb.net 2008 And Mysql / Urgent Help Needed On A Vb.net Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.