Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Urgent Help Needed On A Vb.net Program - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Urgent Help Needed On A Vb.net Program (1298 Views)

Generating Crystal Report With MYSQL Database For A VB.NET Application / Genrating Crystal Report With Mysql Database In A Vb.net Application / How Can I Attach A Text File To A VB.NET Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help Needed On A Vb.net Program by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 17, 2014
For a while now, I have been undergoing a course on Visual Basic.NET programming language in which I have gone midway.
As part of activities to complete the first phase of the course, I am required to develop a program to perform a specific function.
What the software should do:

The program is to be used by the secretary of a departmental union to track dues paid by students in the department. Whenever a student pays a compulsory certain amount of money into the union’s account, the secretary will enter records such as student name, matriculation number, Student’s Level, and Date of Payment into the software.
Periodically, the list of students in the database will be printed and submitted to the HOD of the department to ascertain how much the union has gotten so far.

Program structure:

The program should have 5 forms.
Splash form
Admin login form
Main dashboard :

on this form there should be three buttons which are New Student Button which when clicked displays a form to add new record to the database, Reports button which displays a form to display list of all students in the database and an exit button.)
New Student form:

On this form, there should be:
Text box to collect students name
Textbox to collect matric number
Combo box to select student level
DateTimePicker to select the date of payment
Save, Add new and Close buttons

Reports Form:

On this form, there should be:
Feature that displays the list of students in the database
Button to browse/search based on Student name or level as criteria
Button to print.

What I have done so far:
I have been able to create the splash form, admin login form, main dashboard form, the Add new student form and also placed all the text boxes, DateTimePicker and combo box on the form.

My Problems:

How to bind the DateTimePicker and Combo box to an MS Access database and
How to create the report form with all the features on it
Please VB.NET programmers in the house, this is my humble request – how do I go about the above mentioned tasks?

PS. The program should use Microsoft Access Database 2007.
Re: Urgent Help Needed On A Vb.net Program by luksybee(m): 2:32pm On Dec 18, 2014
Have you created your database?
What version of vb.net?

You can hook me up on whatsapp with 080xxxxxxxx

I will be glad to help you and also share the video walk through I shall make for you
Re: Urgent Help Needed On A Vb.net Program by PenSoftCorp(m): 10:19pm On Dec 18, 2014
I can help u do this in 2days, just for a token
Re: Urgent Help Needed On A Vb.net Program by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 19, 2014
luksybee:
Have you created your database?
What version of vb.net?

You can hook me up on whatsapp with 08030441069.

I will be glad to help you and also share the video walk through I shall make for you

I haven't created the database but I am to use MS Access and the VB.net versions is Visual Studio 2010
Re: Urgent Help Needed On A Vb.net Program by valenu(m): 8:45am On Feb 19, 2015
It is very easy. Have u solved this problem already?
Re: Urgent Help Needed On A Vb.net Program by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 20, 2015
valenu:
It is very easy. Have u solved this problem already?

No sir! Any idea?
Re: Urgent Help Needed On A Vb.net Program by valenu(m): 7:50pm On Feb 20, 2015
We are not close ao I can monitor u. Any way, just pick a particular task u wish to perform and browse on how to perform it with vb.net. As for the report, u can use crystal report to generate ur report that can be exported to PDF or MS word. Its very easy.
Re: Urgent Help Needed On A Vb.net Program by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 20, 2015
valenu:
We are not close ao I can monitor u. Any way, just pick a particular task u wish to perform and browse on how to perform it with vb.net. As for the report, u can use crystal report to generate ur report that can be exported to PDF or MS word. Its very easy.
Can I have your number please?
Re: Urgent Help Needed On A Vb.net Program by valenu(m): 7:43am On Feb 21, 2015
07031557301 I'm on whatsApp

(1) (Reply)

Cisco Network Switch / The Beauty & Power Of JavaScript: "Hello World" Code As A Case Study / For Real Developers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.