Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,899 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. (3999 Views)

The Problematic Peugeot 307 / Car Dealers Besiege Customs Office With Vehicle Documents / We Fix Your Sturborn And Problematic Vehicles Easily In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by promotervickky(m): 3:28pm On Jan 23, 2020
If you live in Nigeria and you are looking forward to buying a car soon, what I’m about to reveal will save you from:

1. Losing your hard-earned money to dubious car dealers.

2. Buying a car that looks good in the beginning only to start generating incessant faults in three to four months.

3. Unwanted police arrest and custom cases that turn the joy of getting a new car into an agonizing series of regrets.

Recently, an embarrassing case was brought to my notice.

After paying N3.2 million for the Lexus and handing over his Camry 2.4 to his wife, the next day, he decided to go celebrate his new car with his friends.

On his way, tragedy appeared in the form of Nigerian Custom officers.

“Park there… Park there… Let me see your papers” the officer told him.

His friends were already waiting for him… in order to catch up, he quickly brought out the car’s document and gave it to the officers.

The next thing that came out from the officer's mouth, left him in shock.

These custom papers are fake!

Jerry could not believe his ears. The car dealer his friend recommended had assured him that ALL the car papers are genuine.

The question now is… who is lying? The custom officers or the car dealer.

This brings me to one mistake any Benin resident must avoid when buying a new car.

You must realize that...

The job of a car dealer is to sell cars and make maximum profit… and they will say anything to make you buy the car… even lying. Some are that heartless.

LESSON #1:
Never take the words of a car dealer or seller for what it is.

If you don’t know how to tell if the car papers are genuine or not, take a photocopy of the car papers and have them verified by any custom official you know.

Nowadays, many cars are being smuggled into the country. Car dealers do this for two reasons.

1. To import substandard cars that don’t meet up with the Nigerian Customs requirement and sell for huge profits.

2. To avoid paying the customs charges associated with importing cars… so they can make a bigger profit --- even if it is at the expense of the buyer.

That was how Jerry’s N3.2 million Lexus Rx330 was pounded by the Customs officers and immediately, he called the car dealer.

The car dealer said that can’t be true.

The papers are genuine, the car dealer kept saying over the phone.

After many backs and forth, one of the officers told Jerry to put the call on loudspeaker.

The officers then threatened the car dealer… if he doesn’t confess now, they’ll take his business address and come for him squarely.

That was when the car dealer finally opened up and started confessing that of a truth, he brought the car into the country via land border and they had to make up the papers to make the car sellable.

Jerry was already going gaga. In his head, he was like… na so my N3.2 million go take loss.

Having the evidence they needed, the officers took the car to their office and told Jerry to claim it with N1 million naira.

Watch out for Lesson #2 tommorrow. Drop a comment to follow and ask your questions if any.

1 Share

Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by Nostradamus: 4:17pm On Jan 23, 2020
I've got a clean 2008/09 Lexus es350(with navigation)for sale.car comes with all the Lexus ish,mark Levinson audio,chilling AC,v6 engine and lots more.the perfect car for cruising around in this year 2020.get across to me on 07015489375 to inspect the car

cool

1 Like

Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by Ladylite: 4:23pm On Jan 23, 2020
Cars45
A lesson I will never forget
Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by Inception(m): 4:52pm On Jan 23, 2020
promotervickky:
If you live in Nigeria and you are looking forward to buying a car soon, what I’m about to reveal will save you from:

1. Losing your hard-earned money to dubious car dealers.

2. Buying a car that looks good in the beginning only to start generating incessant faults in three to four months.

3. Unwanted police arrest and custom cases that turn the joy of getting a new car into an agonizing series of regrets.

Recently, an embarrassing case was brought to my notice.

After paying N3.2 million for the Lexus and handing over his Camry 2.4 to his wife, the next day, he decided to go celebrate his new car with his friends.

On his way, tragedy appeared in the form of Nigerian Custom officers.

“Park there… Park there… Let me see your papers” the officer told him.

His friends were already waiting for him… in order to catch up, he quickly brought out the car’s document and gave it to the officers.

The next thing that came out from the officer's mouth, left him in shock.

These custom papers are fake!

Jerry could not believe his ears. The car dealer his friend recommended had assured him that ALL the car papers are genuine.

The question now is… who is lying? The custom officers or the car dealer.

This brings me to one mistake any Benin resident must avoid when buying a new car.

You must realize that...

The job of a car dealer is to sell cars and make maximum profit… and they will say anything to make you buy the car… even lying. Some are that heartless.

LESSON #1:
Never take the words of a car dealer or seller for what it is.

If you don’t know how to tell if the car papers are genuine or not, take a photocopy of the car papers and have them verified by any custom official you know.

Nowadays, many cars are being smuggled into the country. Car dealers do this for two reasons.

1. To import substandard cars that don’t meet up with the Nigerian Customs requirement and sell for huge profits.

2. To avoid paying the customs charges associated with importing cars… so they can make a bigger profit --- even if it is at the expense of the buyer.

That was how Jerry’s N3.2 million Lexus Rx330 was pounded by the Customs officers and immediately, he called the car dealer.

The car dealer said that can’t be true.

The papers are genuine, the car dealer kept saying over the phone.

After many backs and forth, one of the officers told Jerry to put the call on loudspeaker.

The officers then threatened the car dealer… if he doesn’t confess now, they’ll take his business address and come for him squarely.

That was when the car dealer finally opened up and started confessing that of a truth, he brought the car into the country via land border and they had to make up the papers to make the car sellable.

Jerry was already going gaga. In his head, he was like… na so my N3.2 million go take loss.

Having the evidence they needed, the officers took the car to their office and told Jerry to claim it with N1 million naira.

Watch out for Lesson #2 tommorrow. Drop a comment to follow and ask your questions if any.

Nice one.
Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by Agbalagbi2013: 8:51pm On Jan 23, 2020
OP thanks for the enlightenment. Now when one end up with such cars, what do you do to correct such anomaly ?
As we speak my brother is in a similar mess. He bought a Nigerian used Ford Focus only to discover that the papers are fake..
Will he need to go to a Customs office to sort the papers or what?
Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by promotervickky(m): 11:07pm On Jan 23, 2020
Agbalagbi2013:
OP thanks for the enlightenment. Now when one end up with such cars, what do you do to correct such anomaly ?
As we speak my brother is in a similar mess. He bought a Nigerian used Ford Focus only to discover that the papers are fake..
Will he need to go to a Customs office to sort the papers or what?

So sorry for these type of mess, in most cases, a new legit custom papers can be done, but it's expensive.
What he needs to do is to call the customs office on phone, let him explain and hear their response before proceeding to their office.

Option 2: let him get the person who sold the car for him arrested every kobo would drop.
Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by promotervickky(m): 11:08pm On Jan 23, 2020
Ladylite:
Cars45

Car45 again? So sorry, please share your story when you can, we like to hear it
Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by promotervickky(m): 4:33pm On Jan 24, 2020
LESSON #2: VinCheck

Now you may ask… how do I know the history of car?

It’s as easy as pie when you have the VIN of the car.

VIN stands for Vehicle Identification Number. All cars have a unique VIN.

With it, you can get a VIN report of the car which tells you:

1. When and where the car was made.
2. The condition of the car before it was imported into the country.
If the car was involved in an accident, refurbished and now sold in Nigeria… or whether it was a flooded car abroad and was aunctioned before imported to Nigeria, fixed and now being sold.
Many tokumbo cars are like this; that’s why they look very sound at the point of purchase and after two months, they start developing incessant faults; causing the owner to waste lots of funds on repairs.
3.The VIN report also shows If the car has been reported as a stolen car. Never buy a car without clarifying this. A VIN report will tell you this -- even if the car dealer refuses to let you know.
This is the reason I exposed how to get a fully comprehensive VIN report in my co-authored book:

Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by Fentanyl: 4:51pm On Jan 24, 2020
so all this long story na to just advertise book
nothing person no go see for this place

5 Likes

Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by promotervickky(m): 5:34pm On Jan 24, 2020
Fentanyl:
so all this long story na to just advertise book

nothing person no go see for this place

Don't be quick to conclude

I'll be sharing some vital information from the book bit by bit.. its a long thread
Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by promotervickky(m): 6:34pm On Jan 24, 2020
More informations coming up, the fastest dog eats the fatest bone
Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by Stone123(m): 9:48pm On Jan 24, 2020
Good job, keep it coming.

1 Like

Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by Nobody: 8:21am On Jan 26, 2020
Ladylite:
Cars45
What happened at cars45?
Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by ksmart027(m): 9:33am On Jan 26, 2020
Ladylite:
Cars45
What happened
Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by BarrSly: 5:38pm On Jan 26, 2020
Will they allow you take photocopy of the customs paper to confirm?
Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by promotervickky(m): 5:48pm On Jan 26, 2020
BarrSly:
Will they allow you take photocopy of the customs paper to confirm?

Good evening sir, a reliable car dealer should give you a copy of it, if he won't, know that it's fake!
Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by promotervickky(m): 4:33pm On Jan 28, 2020
Get ready for excerpts of the book
Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by promotervickky(m): 2:32pm On Jan 29, 2020
Inside, I explained deeply on...

Discover the reliable method to identify a fake car paper from 10 kilometers away.

Possessing a car with fake custom papers is a big crime that attracts a fine up to N1 million or 3 years imprisonment. Despite this, some car dealers still smuggle cars into this country.

In Page 3, you’ll discover a very reliable method to differentiate between a fake car paper and a genuine one.

The moment you initiate this with a crook car dealer, he’ll start avoiding you and warn his fellow crook car dealers about you.
How to get a comprehensive VIN report that exposes lies about a car the dealer is telling you.

Many car dealers lie about their cars because they fear they will lose you if they tell the truth. However, you don’t have to fall for their lies because after payment, they will give deaf ears to any complaint.

The issue is most VIN check services don't give all the needed important information about a car because of a secret I revealed in Page 9.

In Page 8 - 10, you’ll learn how to identify the VIN of any car and a superior way of getting a fully comprehensive VIN report that exposes any lies the car dealer.

If you find the car dealer to be truthful, you know this car is the right one and peacefully settle for it.
How to spot the hidden mechanic health of a car to avoid cars with sleek body but three-months-to-die engines.

Have you bought a car and after 3 months it started generating incessant fault and taking you to the mechanic weekly?

Your mechanic likely missed the 7 early signs of a problematic car exposed in Page 9.

In Page 10, I exposed the 5 major parts of a car that must be carefully inspected. If they are good, there is nothing to be worried about… if they have issues, expect to spend unnecessary money repairing the car in few months time.

Page 11 exposes the subtle signs to watch out for when inspecting these 5 major parts of the car.
Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by ndcide(m): 7:20pm On Jan 29, 2020
Okay where can I buy the book
Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by promotervickky(m): 11:18am On Jan 31, 2020
ndcide:
Okay where can I buy the book

Check Your Mail
Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by DaCharis2016: 12:35am On Feb 02, 2020
It's not in mine neither
Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by DaCharis2016: 12:36am On Feb 02, 2020
What about cars used for many years in nigeria, do they need to have a real custom papers?
What other papers should a car have?
Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by promotervickky(m): 9:22pm On Feb 02, 2020
DaCharis2016:
What about cars used for many years in nigeria, do they need to have a real custom papers?
What other papers should a car have?

Does your car have fake custom papers?
Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by DaCharis2016: 9:49pm On Feb 02, 2020
promotervickky:

Does your car have fake custom papers?
I don't have car nor custom papers just seeking pre-purchase knowledge.
Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by promotervickky(m): 11:01pm On Feb 02, 2020
DaCharis2016:
I don't have car nor custom papers just seeking pre-purchase knowledge.
Okay, the best thing to do before buying any car, either used or registered, seek for a copy of the custom papers and enter any custom office to verify it
Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by DaCharis2016: 12:18am On Feb 03, 2020
promotervickky:

Okay, the best thing to do before buying any car, either used or registered, seek for a copy of the custom papers and enter any custom office to verify it
Okay thanks
Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by revilomichaels(m): 1:32pm On Feb 03, 2020
@ladylite

You are the only reason why I’m still here because it’s obvious this guy wants to hide informations to enable him sake his book(I’m not against it oh)
Biko what happened in Cars45 Bc I’m about to go and buy a car there oh
Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by promotervickky(m): 5:55pm On Feb 03, 2020
revilomichaels:
@ladylite

You are the only reason why I’m still here because it’s obvious this guy wants to hide informations to enable him sake his book(I’m not against it oh)
Biko what happened in Cars45 Bc I’m about to go and buy a car there oh

Lol, let me give you small expo on car45, never buy car from them without your mechanic on ground, Do a VIN check and request for a drive test! They may tell you that the car is parked in the middle of other cars, but still insist.

1 Like

Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by promotervickky(m): 10:59am On Feb 04, 2020
Me and my co-author has now decided to send out the book for free for a short period of time.

The book is available at http://autos.pitogy.com/

We will soon close the portal.
Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by promotervickky(m): 5:10am On Feb 05, 2020
Get
Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by promotervickky(m): 7:23am On Feb 05, 2020
Content available on the link
Re: How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. by promotervickky(m): 7:06pm On Feb 05, 2020
Book available have you gotten us?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gearbox Leaking Oil In Camry Tiny Light / The Game Shows Off Red Lamborghini / Consequences Of Failed Catalytic Converters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.