Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,872 members, 7,813,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Platini Wants G14 Break-up - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Platini Wants G14 Break-up (873 Views)

FIFA Bans Blatter, Platini / VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo Snubs Platini Handshake During World Club Medal Present / G14. Should Chelsea Be Allowed In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Platini Wants G14 Break-up by sil(m): 9:32am On May 30, 2007
UEFA president Michel Platini asked the G14 group of European football clubs to disband and also to drop a number of lawsuits it is supporting.

The G14 represents 18 European clubs and has come up against FIFA in its backing for court cases brought by clubs asking for compensation for players injured whilst on international duty.

Platini announced the creation of a new body to represent club interests, the Professional Football Strategy Council and asked the G14 to join the council, rather than continue as a separate body.

What do think about this issue?
Re: Platini Wants G14 Break-up by sil(m): 9:36am On May 30, 2007
I totally agree with this. The worst thing in football is the 14-18 richest clubs coming together. To become a separate body to UEFA and FIFA. Profit and money driven. A consortium of rich businesses coming together to explore how they can make even more money (at the expense of football federations). This is not good for football. And the sooner its disbanded the better. If it does. You will notice that the same teams wont win the Champions League over and over again. The G-14 wants compensation for players playing in the World Cup. Since its their players playing in it, they should be entitled to the revenue it brings in. Not to mention when they get injured. They are forgetting that they merely employ the players and Don't own them. Its like if I work for Microsoft, and I go on holidays at a resort. And I get injured and cant work for 2-3 weeks. The resort is not going to pay Microsoft any compensation. The players are just employees at clubs. NOT owned by them.
Re: Platini Wants G14 Break-up by cuteass1(f): 5:27pm On May 30, 2007
@ sil

I really like your style . . abi?? who needs others to reply or agree sef when you have two hands yourself??

This your method is called - - "creating and replying", kudos my brother wink
Re: Platini Wants G14 Break-up by viee(f): 5:35pm On May 30, 2007
lol @ cute -ass grin
Re: Platini Wants G14 Break-up by cuteass1(f): 1:16am On May 31, 2007
viee:

lol @ cute -ass grin

wink

(1) (Reply)

Between Nfa And Nfl ! / Watch All Nations Cup Matches Online / Premierleague Most Unlucky Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.