Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

G14. Should Chelsea Be Allowed In? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / G14. Should Chelsea Be Allowed In? (1326 Views)

What Would Chelsea Be Needing Alexandre Pato For? / Can Chelsea Be Beaten Next Season / Are Arsenal The Most Hated Team Will Chelsea Be Everyone Favorite Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

G14. Should Chelsea Be Allowed In? by nightrider: 11:26am On Mar 30, 2006
The G14 clubs of Europe are actually 18 of the best clubs in Europe. Members are

Spain- Real Madrid FC, Barcelona FC, Valencia FC

Italy- AC MIlan, Inter Milan and Juventus

Germany- Bayern Munich, Bayer Leverkusen, Borussia Dortmund

England- Manchester United, Arsenal  FC, Liverpool

Holland- Ajax , PSV Eindhoven

France - Lyon, PSG, marseille

Portugal- FC porto

According to Jose Mourinho , Chelsea chief Peter Kenyon is hard at work trying to get the G14 to accept Chelsea's status and admit them into the fold. So should Chelsea be allowed in? and your reasons.

besides also rumors are that Peter Kenyon is secretly trying to buy David beckham, Peter Kenyon  said more than a year ago that he expected Chelsea to become a profitable company within five years, rather than relying on Abramovich's continual bankrolling.  to do that he needs not only a star player but also increased revenue from sponsorship and from reaching the latter stages of the champions league. rumours are that mourinho is seriously against the idea of buying David beckham because it will increase the average age in the dressing room.  Right now Peter kenyon and mourinho are not talking. and it's is widely believed in sports media cicles that kenyon is scheming for Erickson to take over mourinho's job because  Erickson will be sympathetic to the cause due to his close relationship with David Beckham.

Mourinho is said to be feeling so isolated and marginalised that despite recent denials of a switch to inter milan there is a genuine fear that he is ready to jump switch.

so what y'all think? no hating, strictly intelligent discussion
Re: G14. Should Chelsea Be Allowed In? by ballman: 11:28am On Mar 30, 2006
all chelkis fans can kiss my axxes tongue grin kiss
Re: G14. Should Chelsea Be Allowed In? by Vieira(m): 11:49am On Mar 30, 2006
I would say no, simply because Chelsea really have no established history of success.

If you give them access on the basis of one years performance then you'll have to give access to a lot of other clubs.

Access is based on a proud history of footballing success and not last minute riches or one season performance.
Re: G14. Should Chelsea Be Allowed In? by nightrider: 12:19pm On Mar 30, 2006
hmmmmmmmmmm word.
Re: G14. Should Chelsea Be Allowed In? by whitesoftx(m): 12:43pm On Mar 30, 2006
Hmmm
Mr nightrider, where do you read all this story from?, oh may be www.naijarita.com undecided If not, then give us the link here!
Re: G14. Should Chelsea Be Allowed In? by nightrider: 12:47pm On Mar 30, 2006
Nigerian Tribune- Culled directly from the Mail
Re: G14. Should Chelsea Be Allowed In? by whitesoftx(m): 1:17pm On Mar 30, 2006
Guess the link is still neccessary, copy and paste for all to read undecided
Re: G14. Should Chelsea Be Allowed In? by nightrider: 1:23pm On Mar 30, 2006
i told you i read it in the Tribune and it was culled from the mail. You think everything is about the internet, have you forgotten there are newspapers in the world with smart investigative reporters.

you think i sat up all night developing the story to come and paste it here? if you dnt believe it get off let other people comment.

angrynonsense
Re: G14. Should Chelsea Be Allowed In? by whitesoftx(m): 4:13pm On Mar 30, 2006
Hey bro! you cant just wake and cook up any story and bring here without proove, Tribune has site, if no link as proove, I guess to transfer the thread to www.naijarita.com where news are completely FAKE! I'm a chelsea fan and cant sit hear read you chewing chelsea all around! Proove will be ok!
Re: G14. Should Chelsea Be Allowed In? by nightrider: 4:20pm On Mar 30, 2006
you a chelsea fan? what do you know about them? trying to feel among.

there are fantastic chelsea fans on this site that i can hold an intellectual discussion with. We might have different views but they make so much sense , i learn a lot from their analysis of football and football politics. Whitesoftx you are not one of them.

how do you know Naijarita , whatever site you called news is fake, if you haven't been contributing there?
Re: G14. Should Chelsea Be Allowed In? by nightrider: 4:39pm On Mar 30, 2006
whitesoftx because of the high level of your crap and ignorance about CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB i have searched for a link on the web that talks about this thread.

This is just to prove to you that YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT CHELSEA
like i said above you are not in the class of chelsea fans on this forum, who are smart and intellectual in thier discussions
you r comments never ever reveal a true sitution. I can't wit for better chelsea fans to come online, so we can discuss intellectually without pride and prejudice.

I repeat you are not a fan of Chelsea , you know absolutely nothing about the club.

read the link if you can understand what is said there. but i bet it that you won't understand it and i would have to explain it further to you in another post.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=381055&in_page_id=1779
Re: G14. Should Chelsea Be Allowed In? by nightrider: 9:33am On Mar 31, 2006
Vieira:

I would say no, simply because Chelsea really have no established history of success.

If you give them access on the basis of one years performance then you'll have to give access to a lot of other clubs.

Access is based on a proud history of footballing success and not last minute riches or one season performance.

Viera i agree with you, but on second thought, For a couple of seasons it has been Man-u Arsenal chelsea in the top three.
doesnt' it mean that chelsea is among the elite in the premiership.

other country's have their top three in the list. England would have four teams if chelsea was allowed in. But i think they should be let in. Afterall they have been among the best clubs in europe for sometime.
Re: G14. Should Chelsea Be Allowed In? by Vieira(m): 9:59am On Mar 31, 2006
nightrider:

Viera i agree with you, but on second thought, For a couple of seasons it has been Man-u Arsenal chelsea in the top three.
doesnt' it mean that chelsea is among the elite in the premiership.

other country's have their top three in the list. England would have four teams if chelsea was allowed in. But i think they should be let in. Afterall they have been among the best clubs in europe for sometime.

That is the problem, Chelsea have NOT been the best in europe for some time. They have only been above average for about 3 years and they were excellant last year and this year.

Liverpool
Man U
Arsenal

can all talk about greatness going back decades and much more, Man U in the 60's, 90's and current era, Liverpool in the 70's and 80's Arsenal in the 30's, 70's 90's and the new decade.

Chelsea in their cabinet have only One league win and a yeye cocacola cup.

If acceptance into G14 is based on how mauch spending power you have then maybe they should admit Chelsea but not otherwise.

I mean what will happen if Roman Abromavich gets hit by a car tomorrow and drops dead?

Chelsea will go straight back to where they were or even worse, they could become bankrupt because who will pay all those wages? They'll have to sell off all their top players!!
Re: G14. Should Chelsea Be Allowed In? by nightrider: 12:04pm On Mar 31, 2006
viera remember that Chelsea have won a European cup winners cup with Zola in the squad.
Also if you look at tha G14 list you will see teams like Borrussia Dortmund who have one champions league just once. They have one the Budesliga only a couple of times. but they are there.

what about lyon is only 5 years ago they becam a dominant force in france. The dominant forces were monaco and Marseille
but they are there.

I think Chelsea is world class. they have at least consitently been among the top 4 in EPL for some seasons. they are a big club and should be allowed to make desicions with the big boys. What of inter milan , they are on that list. what major titles have they won. except 3 or 4 serie A titles very many years ago.
Re: G14. Should Chelsea Be Allowed In? by Vieira(m): 1:42pm On Mar 31, 2006
Nightrider, remind how many seasons have Chelsea been in the top 4? Am I right in saying that only happened from Roman's era?

I am not sure how they choose who is in the G14, so maybe they have a case.

But if it is european trophies then maybe Nottingham forest should be there? grin
Re: G14. Should Chelsea Be Allowed In? by Akolawole(m): 8:24pm On Mar 31, 2006
I am not going to say anything yet, i am enjoying it.

Guys carry go.
Re: G14. Should Chelsea Be Allowed In? by nightrider: 8:32pm On Mar 31, 2006
kola i've been waiting for you since! where you don dey. abeg say sumthin
for the first time i'm truly backing chelsea, but viera no gree
Re: G14. Should Chelsea Be Allowed In? by nightrider: 8:40pm On Mar 31, 2006
Vieira:

Nightrider, remind how many seasons have Chelsea been in the top 4? Am I right in saying that only happened from Roman's era?

I am not sure how they choose who is in the G14, so maybe they have a case.

But if it is european trophies then maybe Nottingham forest should be there? grin

They've been in the top 4 quite a number of times since the beggining of the premiership. the big clubs are liverpool, arsenal man-u and chelsea. i think G14 dnt want Cheslea in because they are afraid of english teams having more voting power than the rest. But if alls fair i think Chelsea should be there. Besides they have won the premiership two seasons in a row now.
Re: G14. Should Chelsea Be Allowed In? by Akolawole(m): 9:31pm On Mar 31, 2006
@NightRider

I dey enjoy you argument now.
Re: G14. Should Chelsea Be Allowed In? by bagoma(f): 11:02pm On Mar 31, 2006
but its not completely conclusive that they have won this year's yet.
Re: G14. Should Chelsea Be Allowed In? by Vieira(m): 11:17pm On Mar 31, 2006
I don check am! apart from last year's win Chelsea have only been in the top 4, four times:

2003/2004 2nd

2002/2003 4th

1998/1999 3rd

1997/1998 4th

So we can say that in the 14 years of premeirship, they have been top four 6 times including this year.
Re: G14. Should Chelsea Be Allowed In? by nightrider: 11:50am On Apr 01, 2006
Bagoma

Lets be honest they have won it this year. You can't possibly expect chelsea to lose 5 games in a row. If they win todays match it's over for Man- U

Viera based on what i said above, it means they won it two times in a row. Even Arsenal hasn't managed that. And we havent won anything in europe b4, yet we r in The G14.

Chelsea has won european trophies b4 and they are at least among the top 4. so i think they should be allowed in. After all what is PSG doing there.
Besides Peter Kenyon is a devilish Negotiator thats why Abrams had to steal from Man-u . You can be sure he'll get them in by hook or crook. Crook most like it. The same way he steals players from clubs.
Re: G14. Should Chelsea Be Allowed In? by Akolawole(m): 12:53pm On Apr 01, 2006
@NightRider

Carry on bro.
Re: G14. Should Chelsea Be Allowed In? by nightrider: 12:55pm On Apr 01, 2006
hehe kola
dnt be deceived i still hate Drogba wink
Re: G14. Should Chelsea Be Allowed In? by Vieira(m): 7:51pm On Apr 01, 2006
Night rider,

We have won in Europe.

Chelsea have NOT won back to back (yet)

Arsenal have won back to back but not just since the premiership which only started in 92

The gap is now only 7 points o! and Man U still go play Chelsea!!
Re: G14. Should Chelsea Be Allowed In? by hanson: 9:35pm On Apr 01, 2006
We dont want to belong.

(1) (Reply)

Uchebo, 39 Others Make Siasia's F'eagles List (local News) / Which Team Do You Think Will Hand Chelsea The First Defeat / Fan Mock Jose Mourinho's Men Describw Them As Babes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.