Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? (9122 Views)

IKEDC Prepaid Meter (MOJEC): How To Solve “REJECT” Token Issues. / My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! / Help Needed. New Electricity Prepared Mater Vs Old Prepared Meter. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by fineboynl(m): 11:18pm On Jan 24, 2020
we are planing to switch the estimated billing from NEPA to prepared meters.

the focus now is on me using AC as the rest tenant are planning to have their own meters. I was wondering if I use AC for 8hours a day what is likely to be the billing?

let assume I use only 1hp AC for 8-10 hours a day. no any other things like bulb or fridge or TV just only 1hp AC what is the billing going to be??

with that I can be prepared for any eventualities on my new adventures.

thank you.
Re: If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by searchng4love: 11:23pm On Jan 24, 2020
fineboynl:
we are planing to switch the estimated billing from NEPA to prepared meter.

the focus now is on me using AC as the rest tenant are planning to have their own meters. I was wondering if I should use AC for 8hours a day what is likely to be the billing?

let assume I use only 1hp AC for 8-10 hours a day. no any other things like bulb or fridge or TV just only 1hp AC what is the billing going to be??

thank you.

6 units in 24hours
Re: If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 24, 2020
searchng4love:

6 units in 24hours
You try. Depends though.
Re: If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by fineboynl(m): 11:43pm On Jan 24, 2020
searchng4love:
6 units in 24hours
thanks how much is 6 units?
Re: If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by searchng4love: 11:44pm On Jan 24, 2020
fineboynl:
thanks how much is 6 units?
For me 150 naira
Re: If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by fineboynl(m): 11:45pm On Jan 24, 2020
searchng4love:

For me 150 naira
not that bad. but the tenants would think I'm the consuming it alot.

what about glass top electric cooker?
Re: If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by searchng4love: 11:47pm On Jan 24, 2020
fineboynl:
not that bad.
I am out all day.... So be careful
Re: If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by fineboynl(m): 11:48pm On Jan 24, 2020
searchng4love:

I am out all day.... So be careful
I do not understand. what do you mean by I'm out all day?
Re: If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by searchng4love: 11:48pm On Jan 24, 2020
fineboynl:
Never home
Re: If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by fineboynl(m): 12:37am On Jan 25, 2020
searchng4love:

Never home
my Google research.

An old 1.5 tonne AC uses around 1.5 units per hour, while an inverter AC uses only 0.91 units per hour.
Re: If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by frozen70(f): 3:12am On Jan 25, 2020
fineboynl:
not that bad. but the tenants would think I'm the consuming it alot.

what about glass top electric cooker?

Don't dream of anything electric cooker, electric kettle, microwave this things zaps it faster than you can imagine

Then for your ac, I thought every flat is entitled to prepaid meter or is it a face me I face you, yes if its face me I face you, if they wish, they can also get their ac, then you can use hot plate and the rest if others are using it
Re: If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by frozen70(f): 3:14am On Jan 25, 2020
Try using the ac first, if its consuming more if the units, you either reduce the hours you use it or disconnect it

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by Foodqueen(f): 3:29am On Jan 25, 2020
Prepaid is not as expensive as we think. Intact you will be amaze how the thing read

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by fineboynl(m): 5:13am On Jan 25, 2020
frozen70:

Don't dream of anything electric cooker, electric kettle, microwave this things zaps it faster than you can imagine

Then for your ac, I thought every flat is entitled to prepaid meter or is it a face me I face you, yes if its face me I face you, if they wish, they can also get their ac, then you can use hot plate and the rest if others are using it
it's a flat compartment. no prepared meter just estimated billing but now we are planning to switch to prepared. just saying they think AC is consuming light and I need to know
Re: If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by money121(m): 5:49am On Jan 25, 2020
Nice info
Re: If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by frozen70(f): 8:39am On Jan 25, 2020
fineboynl:
it's a flat compartment. no prepared meter just estimated billing but now we are planning to switch to prepared. just saying they think AC is consuming light and I need to know

It's until you start using it before you can see the consumption
Re: If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 25, 2020
1hp = 0.746 kw
Your unit consumption per day using only AC for 10hours = 0.746kw * 10hrs = 7.46kwh
Your unit consumption per month using only AC = 7.46kwh * 30days = 223.8kwh

You will be consuming 223.8kwh per month on only AC.
Then multiply 223.8kwh by your disco’s tariff rate for R2.

That will give you your AC energy consumption for 10hrs per day in a month.

Thank me later.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by saintneo(m): 3:54pm On Jan 25, 2020
Citygal:
1hp = 0.746 kw
Your unit consumption per day using only AC for 10hours = 0.746kw * 10hrs = 7.46kwh
Your unit consumption per month using only AC = 7.46kwh * 30days = 223.8kwh

You will be consuming 223.8kwh per month on only AC.
Then multiply 223.8kwh by your disco’s tariff rate for R2.

That will give you your AC energy consumption for 10hrs in a month.

Thank me later.
fineboynl:

the focus now is on me using AC as the rest tenant are planning to have their own meters. I was wondering if I use AC for 8hours a day what is likely to be the billing?

thank you.

Citygal is correct.

7-15k per month. Good things come with a price.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by eyinola: 11:47am On Jan 26, 2020
frozen70:

once i come back in d night I put on my 2hp ac for just 3hrs i.e 8-11 everywhere don cool grin
Re: If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by drmikeadams(m): 12:12pm On Jan 26, 2020
Some no dey connect AC to prepaid meter

1 Like

Re: If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by aAK1(m): 12:15pm On Jan 26, 2020
eyinola:
once i come back in d night I put on my 2hp ac for just 3hrs i.e 8-11 everywhere don cool grin
this is why i refused to get the meter. i am charged 7k monthly for 2 ac and every other thing including heater in my bathroom and cooker. i like it like that
Re: If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by eyinola: 12:18pm On Jan 26, 2020
aAK1:
this is why i refused to get the meter. i am charged 7k monthly for 2 ac and every other thing including heater in my bathroom and cooker. i like it like that
good deal u hv thr..without ac,heater i can use 4k in a month but with 6hrs Ac everyday 10k dont even last up to a month
Re: If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 26, 2020
Op don’t try this o. This is energy theft, when you are caught you will face the law.
drmikeadams:
Some no dey connect AC to prepaid meter

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by cooooooks(m): 1:36pm On Jan 26, 2020
We use AC, microwave, water heater, kettle, big screen TV, washing machine, etc.

We spend less than 10k a month on electricity and we get 15 - 18 hours of electricity a day. Sometimes, we get almost constant power supply.

When we were using our inverter (for 3 months because of fake batteries), we turned on the generator maybe five times in those 3 months.

It was exactly like abroad.

AC does consume a lot because when we get the warning signal, we stop using AC and reduce microwave to barest minimum and stretch it for another 2 weeks.

The tariffs have changed though so be wary.

fineboynl:

thank you.

Re: If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by eamodu(m): 3:13pm On Dec 19, 2020
Please are you using the normal ac or inverter ac?7k per month on two ac with other things is so good..
aAK1:
Re: If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by Mryacks: 3:40pm On Dec 19, 2020
Just get ready to pay more than you imagine. Ac's consume.
Re: If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by Sofistcatdmoron: 10:06am On May 31, 2023
searchng4love:

6 units in 24hours

wrong calculation

1hp ac is aproxim . to 746wats,
so in 24 hours 1 hp uses around 17 units
a unit is 100naira

so that's around N1700 for 24 hours usage by 1 hp a.c
Re: If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by SydneyC: 1:10pm On Aug 09, 2023
Sofistcatdmoron:

wrong calculation

1hp ac is aproxim . to 746wats,
so in 24 hours 1 hp uses around 17 units
a unit is 100naira

so that's around N1700 for 24 hours usage by 1 hp a.c

Perhaps his calculation was not wrong at the time, as this is a 3 year gap we're talking about. A lot has changed since then. It's just been updated, not wrong from the start.
Re: If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by gameova(m): 2:00pm On Aug 09, 2023
SydneyC:

Perhaps his calculation was not wrong at the time, as this is a 3 year gap we're talking about. A lot has changed since then. It's just been updated, not wrong from the start.
Good afternoon sir. Please sir can you help me with any amount to buy foodstuffs please. I'm very hungry please cry
Re: If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? by dennax(m): 2:58pm On Aug 26, 2023
fineboynl:

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive Duvet Set At Affordable Price For Family Use / How To Help A Child With Low Grade In School / Kidnapped 6Yr Old Girl Kosi Akilo @ Enugu On Sunday May 13th 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.