Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,970 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) (58541 Views)

Roofing Begins At The 17000-Seater Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom(Photos) / The Ultra Modern 17,000 Seater Eket Stadium Opens May 2019 / 15,000 Capacity Stadium Construction In Eket By Governor Udom (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by realstars: 10:38am On Jan 27, 2020
juvewalex:
Why this stadium when the state already has a wonderful stadium built by Akpabio in the same state.

It's a waste of resources as far as I'm concerned because they can't maintain them as one will suffer for one.
no one know the benefit of a project at the start, until it is being put into use, the future will tell.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Bobonowell(m): 10:39am On Jan 27, 2020
samuelson06:

A white elephant project is an expensive project with no value and such is the one I'm seeing here. We have a stadium in Uyo which is not even completed. Why is the governor not completing that one and other projects started by the last administration? Eket does not need a stadium of this magnitude but something like the one in Ikot Ekpene.

At the end of the day, how would this project impact people's lives especially the Eket people? How many indigenes of Eket can work there? To do exactly what and to who? I think the governor should channel his energy toward projects that directly benefits the people, e.g., road construction and intervening in the abysmally poor power supply in the state.

How many young people would even use the stadium when hunger is bitting hard? Again, I don't think there's water in Uyo. What's building another stadium? What's Ibom Air? Looks good; sounds good, but without any value to the common man.
Bros, people in uyo are not complaining of water , you should transfer your effort to your state govt so that they can build roads , and water for your people .

1 Like

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Pro2makx(m): 10:40am On Jan 27, 2020
Atouke:
The construction of the 17,000 all seater all covered Eket stadium in Akwa ibom state which started a while ago by the Government of Mr udom emmanuel has reached roofing levels.
This month all the 17000 plastic seats for the stadium has arrived uyo the state capital where it is stored.
The artificial pitch has and the tartan tracks material has also arrived.

The ministry of sports akwa ibom state recieved 27 container of materials for installation in the new stadium January 2020.

Mr udom Emmanuel is not just building a stadium in Eket, eket is the second biggest city in Akwa ibom state after uyo, the state capital and ikot Ekpene the Northern district capitals.
Eket has a variety of roads that are being dualize, drainages, city park, modern yiwu Chinese market, the biggest Chinese market in Nigeria is currently under construction in Eket and many more...

Dakada
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by yenereal(m): 10:51am On Jan 27, 2020
samuelson06:

A white elephant project is an expensive project with no value and such is the one I'm seeing here. We have a stadium in Uyo which is not even completed. Why is the governor not completing that one and other projects started by the last administration? Eket does not need a stadium of this magnitude but something like the one in Ikot Ekpene.

At the end of the day, how would this project impact people's lives especially the Eket people? How many indigenes of Eket can work there? To do exactly what and to who? I think the governor should channel his energy toward projects that directly benefits the people, e.g., road construction and intervening in the abysmally poor power supply in the state.

How many young people would even use the stadium when hunger is bitting hard? Again, I don't think there's water in Uyo. What's building another stadium? What's Ibom Air? Looks good; sounds good, but without any value to the common man.

You have missed what to say. If to go and watch match in England you will be the first person. You've forgotten that they started from scratch like this. Simply tell us you aren't a lover of sports. You can watch your Zeeworld or Aljazeera. Any sports-loving person wont criticize what Gov. Udom is doing. Akpabio did same and today, Akwa Ibom has been projected. Do you know how much money is generated to Akwa Ibom State account as a result of sport events held in the State? Next time, reason before you comment thrash Mr. Man.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by ogubolokento(m): 10:56am On Jan 27, 2020
The other one is akpabio international stadium while this will be Udom foreign stadiyy
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 27, 2020
White elephant project

1 Like

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 27, 2020
yenereal:

You have missed what to say. If to go and watch match in England you will be the first person. You've forgotten that they started from crash like this. Simply tell us you aren't a lover of sports. You can watch your Zeeworld or Aljazeera. Any sports-loving person wont criticize what Gov. Udom is doing. Akpabio did same and today, Akwa Ibom has been projected. Do you know how much money is generated to Akwa Ibom State account as a result of sport events held in the State? Next time, reason before you comment thrash Mr. Man.
Started from crash lol it's a useless project to the people. No jobs and nothing for the locals. How does ibom air help the local man? When there's no electricity and water?
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 27, 2020
ogubolokento:
The other one is akpabio international stadium while this will be Udom foreign stadiyy
The governor just wanted to show
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Kinematics: 11:14am On Jan 27, 2020
"Akwa ibom state is the only state in the country with 2 teams in the Nigerian premier league.
AKWA UNITED AND DAKKADA FC"

OP you can post without lying naa... Where will you place states like Rivers and Abia with Rivers United, Go round FC, Enyimba and Abia Worriors?
Yes Go round of Omoku is private owned in from Rivers State.

You can hype your state or Governor but stop hyping lies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Kinematics: 11:25am On Jan 27, 2020
Atouke:

Show me any state including Lagos that has 1700km of roads construction ongoing and some complete. That's what mr udom Emmanuel is doing.
Show me any state that has built transmission and distribution stations in their state.
Udom Emmanuel has built the ekim power station and several power step down stations across the state, and akwa ibom via its [b]Ibom power plant is the only state in the country that produces 191mw of electricity without any FG input.
FYI akwa ibom only needs about 50 to 80 mw of power. But for the FG exclusive list that takes Akwa ibom 191MW [/b]to national grid, Akwa ibom should be enjoying 24/7 power supply. The state has made enough investments to see it happen.

For whether the stadium is neccessary, is a matter of opinion. When Akpabio built the 30,000 uyo stadium many people shouted white elephants more than you are doing now but today they are the ones singing praises of the stadium.
That uyo stadium is the only fifa compliant stadium in Nigeria till today.
Time will vindicate the governor on the eket stadium. So you are entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't make your opinion a fact.

Some hype doesn't make sense. Every State in the niger delta have the capacity of supplying 24/7 power for their people. But the national grid will not allow that.

Even some states in the north can do that as well. The total of 381MW generated from the 2 power plants in AKS is still very small compared to what states like Rivers, Delta, Abia, Niger and Taraba generates. These states generates over 1000MW each.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by samuelson06(m): 11:30am On Jan 27, 2020
Atouke:

Show me any state including Lagos that has 1700km of roads construction ongoing and some complete. That's what mr udom Emmanuel is doing.

Where are these roads? Within or outside Akwa Ibom state? I don't see them. How many roads has Mr. Udom commissioned after his first term in office?

Show me any state that has built transmission and distribution stations in their state.

Transmission and distribution stations that have no power in them? What are they transmitting? What are they distributing? As long as there's no light in Akwa Ibom state, even if the government of the day build transmission and power stations that supply the whole of Nigeria yet, no light in Akwa Ibom, I score them zero. Akwa Ibom people elected Mr. Udom to help them directly and not building power stations that feed the national grid and leaves the people in darkness. You figure that out! Is it fair?

Udom Emmanuel has built the ekim power station and several power step down stations across the state, and akwa ibom via its ibom power plant is the only state in the country that produces 191mw of electricity without any FG input.
FYI akwa ibom only needs about 50 to 80 mw of power. But for the FG exclusive list that takes Akwa ibom 191MW to national grid, Akwa ibom should be enjoying 24/7 power supply. The state has made enough investments to see it happen.

So much investment in power but w/ little or no result. Which LGA in Akwa Ibom enjoys up to 10 hr power supply daily? If power is in the exclusive list of the FG, why is the state government building power plants? What's the sense in spending so much to setup a project, yet your people don't get to enjoy that project? Akwa Ibom should be enjoying 24/7 power supply, but are they? You will agree w/ me that the supply in Uyo is very poor but you've chosen to defend the government. I can't defend them. For your information, I'm not partisan. I speak based on the situation on ground. Akwa Ibom people are suffering. There are no jobs. Job creation should be the priority of the government and NOT investing on what would benefit a few. Even when these projects generate revenue, the money goes back to the government purse; no impact on the people.

For whether the stadium is neccessary, is a matter of opinion. When Akpabio built the 30,000 uyo stadium many people shouted white elephants more than you are doing now but today they are the ones singing praises of the stadium. That uyo stadium is the only fifa compliant stadium in Nigeria till today. Time will vindicate the governor on the eket stadium. So you are entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't make your opinion a fact.

My opinion may not be a fact, but think of your people. Think of the number of graduates roaming the streets of Uyo; think of businesses closing because there's no light when the government can easily intervene. I wonder how Calabar are doing to have light that Uyo can't do the same. Building a stadium is good; running a state-owned airline is good, but how do these projects directly benefit the man on the street? There's something called scale of preference in Economics. Projects should be executed based on their position on the scale of preference and not otherwise.

Right now, what we need in Akwa Ibom is not more stadia or airline businesses, but industries and supporting the SMEs through grants. What we need is power, good roads, pipe-borne water, empowerment, etc. It's when the people have 'arrived' that you can start building stadia and running airline businesses. The stadium in Uyo should be enough. How we've been conveyed by air from Akwa Ibom to other places should have been enough. The government must help the people come out of poverty first. Stadium is beautiful; it's fine, but there's so much hunger and unemployment in the land, Mr. Udom should tackle that first. It's like going to a poor man's house and offering to furnish his house when the man is seriously hungry and has no job w/o first taking care of his hunger and joblessness. Does that make sense to you?

cc: OBTMOS yenereal Bobonowell Alexrayz Nackzy Enwhen BurnStoner

2 Likes

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by EverBlazingy2k(m): 11:58am On Jan 27, 2020
Point of correct, Akwa Ibom state in not the only state with two teams. Enyimba and Abia worriors are from Abia state. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by PHijo(m): 12:29pm On Jan 27, 2020
Atouke:

Udom Emmanuel has built the ekim power station and several power step down stations across the state, and akwa ibom via its ibom power plant is the only state in the country that produces 191mw of electricity without any FG input.
FYI akwa ibom only needs about 50 to 80 mw of power. But for the FG exclusive list that takes Akwa ibom 191MW to national grid, Akwa ibom should be enjoying 24/7 power supply. The state has made enough investments to see it happen.

For whether the stadium is neccessary, is a matter of opinion. When Akpabio built the 30,000 uyo stadium many people shouted white elephants more than you are doing now but today they are the ones singing praises of the stadium.
That uyo stadium is the only fifa compliant stadium in Nigeria till today.
Time will vindicate the governor on the eket stadium. So you are entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't make your opinion a fact.

Both Uyo and Eket stadium are white elephant projects but I would been glad if my governors in the last 20 years, Odili, Amaechi and Wike did the same in Rivers state.

Instead what the trio have been known for is supporting violent groups, having monarchs in the North West and South West in the good books, buying the press and sponsoring their respective parties with our resources. Much of the glory Rivers state lives on was attained in the 70s till mid 80s.

Udom and Akapabio could do much better. You are right, none of those facilities adds value. I hope Udom's successor will figure out how to add value.

1 Like

Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by clockwisereport: 12:40pm On Jan 27, 2020
odinga1of:

Oga Delta State has Delta Force FC at Asaba Stadium and Warri Wolves FC in Warri Stadium

Two teasm in Delta State

He even forgot that Abia state has Enyimba and abia warriors
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by benjida: 12:51pm On Jan 27, 2020
ugom123:

the most underdeveloped region in this country? like seriously? where did u get ur statistics from? From where pls? I need to know..

U are truly funny. A region was razed down during war and never got a single help from any one and today, that region has one of the highest per capital income in the entire west africa and u are here saying rubbish. Northern Nigeria that has produced almost all the leaders of this country since independence, and yet still remains the poorest region in the entire world, u no see them shade, na igbos u see shade. what is the essence of stadium when the people are poor?

East has some good stadium that only needs face lift. They arent such a priority for now. Enugu stadium is okay and can compete with any stadium if given a face lift. The Enyiba stadium got renovated last year and in great looks. The one in Owerri is okay structure wise and can be renovated. So, why the insult given to the entire region? If una no see igbo insult una no go sleep?

What is the essence of beautiful stadium when the people are massively poor. Has igbo ever ruled this country as much as other regions did? There are policies from FG that are not business friendly to the eastern region for over 30 years, yet the people are not the poorest in the country. Enugu and Owerri are among the most peaceful and beautiful cities to live in Nigeria.

Go to Eboyi and see infrastructural development going on. I am still proud of my region even after the war, the policies etc, we are still not the poorest people in this country. The collective wealth of a region is important as well. North has ruled and controlled the affairs of this country for decades, yet they need money for rehabilitation. Nigerians will leave their major problem which is north and be attacking igbos up and down online.
The south east can only boast of bank accounts development, not infrastructural development.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by benjida: 12:54pm On Jan 27, 2020
Nvc078:

should i say, a foool is more sensible than you?
so building a mediocre stadium is a yardstick to measure development? did i hear you say SE is the least developed region in Nigeria?please tell me which cave you are living?
I repeat: SOUTH EAST IS THE MOST UNDERDEVELOPED REGION IN NIGERIA. Their leaders are busy enriching themselves while the region decays.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by benjida: 12:56pm On Jan 27, 2020
ugom123:

the most underdeveloped region in this country? like seriously? where did u get ur statistics from? From where pls? I need to know..

U are truly funny. A region was razed down during war and never got a single help from any one and today, that region has one of the highest per capital income in the entire west africa and u are here saying rubbish. Northern Nigeria that has produced almost all the leaders of this country since independence, and yet still remains the poorest region in the entire world, u no see them shade, na igbos u see shade. what is the essence of stadium when the people are poor?

East has some good stadium that only needs face lift. They arent such a priority for now. Enugu stadium is okay and can compete with any stadium if given a face lift. The Enyiba stadium got renovated last year and in great looks. The one in Owerri is okay structure wise and can be renovated. So, why the insult given to the entire region? If una no see igbo insult una no go sleep?

What is the essence of beautiful stadium when the people are massively poor. Has igbo ever ruled this country as much as other regions did? There are policies from FG that are not business friendly to the eastern region for over 30 years, yet the people are not the poorest in the country. Enugu and Owerri are among the most peaceful and beautiful cities to live in Nigeria.

Go to Eboyi and see infrastructural development going on. I am still proud of my region even after the war, the policies etc, we are still not the poorest people in this country. The collective wealth of a region is important as well. North has ruled and controlled the affairs of this country for decades, yet they need money for rehabilitation. Nigerians will leave their major problem which is north and be attacking igbos up and down online.
Igbos don't love themselves.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Sonnyboom: 12:57pm On Jan 27, 2020
That stadium constructed by Ikpeazu is not even primary standard talk less of secondary or te, iary school standard talk less of what standard.

Atouke:

Who is peculiar consults? This stadium according to state Government is built by direct labour.

FYI Eyimba stadium in Aba was done by governor ikpeazu. That was a great job, the stadium is one of the best at the moment.
Learn to commend politicians when they do good, if you dont commend them then dont misrepresent their achievements.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by benjida: 12:59pm On Jan 27, 2020
Enwhen:

Ignorant is a disease....don't be too political

Do u know how much and biz activities a stadium can bring to a state ??.... Pls go find out the billions Delta State govt made from the African events that was hosted by the state, they already had the approved Oghara township stadium built by former govt James Ibori, where national matches were played approved by CAF, the Gov also went ahead to upgrade the Asaba township stadium to a world standards and help the state to win hosting right.... By the time this stadium is completed joined with the one Akpabio built in Uyo and with their Ibom air , the state is good to host any event , then the money used to built the two stadium will be gotten back, communities will make alot of money from sales to participators... The indigenes should also build hotels not far from both stadium... Delta State govt made billions of naira from the event they hosted and communities made alot of sales ...I remembered how Ahmed Musa gave a mother 250k during training in that stadium....we all know Akwa Ibom is the home of super eagles , they played friendly there, and international matches, and with this new one , wow it's the best, Gov Udom Na real biz man , he Sabi pass the Igbos self.

U need to be wise o, u are saying Power as if the Gov build any one it will benefit his people... For ur info, the Power generating act doesn't allow any state to generate power on their own, and if they does, the power will be send to the nearest grid for national consumption , then Govs Saraki Bukola , and Baba Fashola built same, but today it's being use by the federation because of the power generation act.
At last I have found someone that has understanding.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by benjida: 1:02pm On Jan 27, 2020
DarkJeddi:
It's like Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium in Enugu na your Shithole backyard it dey?

The one that Enyimba uses in Aba for International matches na your garbage front yard it dey..

Dan Anyiam Stadium for Owerri na you lease am?

Dey show yourself.. angry
These stadia are worthless.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by holavic20: 1:05pm On Jan 27, 2020
hmmmmn
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by poiZon: 1:10pm On Jan 27, 2020
anonymous1759:

African leaders are very wicked they use all means to render the masses poor so they could buy them with #5 during elections.

What's the usefulness of this stadium if I may ask? The money used in this stadium if it's been put into Agriculture it'll create employment and reduce crime. But if the masses feed well no one will do the dirty job again during elections for peanuts. The stadium Akpabio built in Awka ibom how many lives is the stadium sustaining today?

These Leaders are vision less what we need now is industries and SMe loans.
Mister, u dont just go about buildng industries cos u want to.
What will the industry be producing if they arent raw materials to process.....
80percent of industries in nigeria deals with repackaging n assembly, nothing like manufacturing. Where akwaibom is, with the less population n underdevelop sea way, buildng giagantic house name industry will tantamount to white elephant project.
Which state will the industry feed?
Go n check cross river garment factory whether it is functional anymore.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by STRENGTHesq(m): 1:24pm On Jan 27, 2020
benjida:

Bros calm down. Everything just dey vex us for this country cheesy
Na d way em carry confidence d talk am wey d vex me. grin
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by DarkJeddi(m): 1:25pm On Jan 27, 2020
benjida:

These stadia are worthless.
So you say..

Bet you have been to each and every one of them..
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Johnsmartinyang(m): 1:26pm On Jan 27, 2020
samuelson06:

Brotherly break your fasting with fruits mbok...ask us in uyo how has the Gods will Akpabio stadium impacted on our lives and u will have an endless list..ask super eagles players, ask hoteliers, food vendors, artisans, transporters and end result? Two good n well funded teams in the Nigerian Premier league..... If e pain u....find transformer hug
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Atouke: 1:27pm On Jan 27, 2020
Xposed2020:

Please check the 1700km road stuff.
I doubt the whole of AKS has a road network of up to that. The township roads are OK except IBB way due to poor drainage, even the road from Uyo to Onna is not up to 200km.
Please check yr facts again.

You should be the one to do the checking. Am satisfied with what the state government is doing.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by anonymous1759(m): 1:32pm On Jan 27, 2020
poiZon:

Mister, u dont just go about buildng industries cos u want to.
What will the industry be producing if they arent raw materials to process.....
80percent of industries in nigeria deals with repackaging n assembly, nothing like manufacturing. Where akwaibom is, with the less population n underdevelop sea way, buildng giagantic house name industry will tantamount to white elephant project.
Which state will the industry feed?
Go n check cross river garment factory whether it is functional anymore.

I first made mention of Agriculture. If we produce agricultural product automatically industry for branding, packaging and warehousing will create employment. Before we discovered oil Nigeria was working because of the Labour force in Agricultural sector. China today it's what's it's because of
Industry and investment in Agriculture.

If we've good credit facilities people going into business will increase, and it'll make the masses self sufficient creating employment for themselves and others. Building a stadium is not a bad idea but the timing it's wrong. How much will you use the stadium to Generate? But if there's employment people will have time and money to see sunshine stars playing in the stadium it'll boost revenue. but no one is going because of the economy you've to take care of your stomach first.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by aigjoey(m): 1:33pm On Jan 27, 2020
Hello friends, the year has just started and you are close to landing your dream job.

But to land your dream job you must have a winning CV and cover letter that suit the job.

Anyway, look no further, PRAISE WRITERS will be writing and reviewing your CVs for just a small amount.

For Cv reviewing and writing, PRAISE WRITERS will be charging just #5000 naira.

Affordable I hear you say. Hurry now as this will only last for a few weeks before the price goes up.

The first ten persons to contact PRAISE WRITERS will get a discount of 500 naira.

At PRAISE WRITERS, We are committed to helping you secure that dream job.

For more enquiries pls contact:

Best Regards,
Sincerely,
PRAISE WRITERS[i][/i]
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by Atouke: 1:44pm On Jan 27, 2020
anonymous1759:

African leaders are very wicked they use all means to render the masses poor so they could buy them with #5 during elections.

What's the usefulness of this stadium if I may ask? The money used in this stadium if it's been put into Agriculture it'll create employment and reduce crime. But if the masses feed well no one will do the dirty job again during elections for peanuts. The stadium Akpabio built in Awka ibom how many lives is the stadium sustaining today?

These Leaders are vision less what we need now is industries and SMe loans.

Show me a state government that has invested more in agriculture than Gov. Udom emmanuel?
Have you heard of
1).st. Gabriel coconut plantation and refinery?
2). Cassava processing plants over 10 in the state
3). Ibom integrated farms a Songhai styled farm.
4). Reactivation of Akw palm estate , the biggest palm oil eastate in west Africa.
5).500 ,tonnes per day kings flour mill.
6). Agriculture green house project by the airport.
7). Akwa prime poultry and hatchery the biggest poultry hatchery in south south and southeast Nigeria.
cool ibom Agricon rice mill and plantation .
9). Cocoa processing factory and plantation in ini lga
10).3 palm oil/kernels processing factories.
12) AKEES the best of them all ask any young akwa ibomite what Akees stands for! The program that has brought more young people into agriculture bussiness than any in this country.

This are just a few I can remember. Show me a state that has done more in agriculture development in Nigeria, I will be glad to put gov.udoms record against such governor for Nigerians to judge.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by poiZon: 1:48pm On Jan 27, 2020
anonymous1759:

I first made mention of Agriculture. If we produce agricultural product automatically industry for branding, packaging and warehousing will create employment. Before we discovered oil Nigeria was working because of the Labour force in Agricultural sector. China today it's what's it's because of
Industry and investment in Agriculture.

If we've good credit facilities people going into business will increase, and it'll make the masses self sufficient creating employment for themselves and others. Building a stadium is not a bad idea but the timing it's wrong. How much will you use the stadium to Generate? But if there's employment people will have time and money to see sunshine stars playing in the stadium it'll boost revenue. but no one is going because of the economy you've to take care of your stomach first.
When was he last time u ate local rice?
Most nigerians detest locally made stuff...
Agric is a serious business, in UsA less than 3percent of the populace do agroentrepreneur.
So it shudnt be forced on nigerians to go into what they practically dont like doing.
I dont like agric so even if u give me millions, i will accept but at the long run it will vanish.
I believe there r like millions of me in th state.
Re: 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) by poweredcom(m): 1:51pm On Jan 27, 2020
juvewalex:
Why this stadium when the state already has a wonderful stadium built by Akpabio in the same state.

It's a waste of resources as far as I'm concerned because they can't maintain them as one will suffer for one.

Help me tell Dem very useless and munu people

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Serena Williams Weds Alexis Ohanian In An All-Star Guest List / Manchester United Will Pay Jose Mourinho For Sacking Him / Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.