Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

What's The Cost Of Traveling To Cotonou? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What's The Cost Of Traveling To Cotonou? (1392 Views)

Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant / Cost Of Traveling To Australia / Cost Of Traveling From Nigeria To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Cost Of Traveling To Cotonou? by Papanwamaikpe: 5:14pm On Jan 27, 2020
I'll be traveling to Cotonou within the week and I've never been there before. Please I'll need some enlightenment from experienced nairalanders about the following:

Cost of transportation.

Reputable tansport company to use.

Cost of hotel or guest house.

Cost of Feeding.

Documents I need to carry along.

BTW, I'll be spending a week or less there and I'll going from port Harcourt. Please kindly assist. Thank you
Re: What's The Cost Of Traveling To Cotonou? by Sicilyjoe: 6:20pm On Jan 27, 2020
Papanwamaikpe:
I'll be traveling to Cotonou within the week and I've never been there before. Please I'll need some enlightenment from experienced nairalanders about the following:

Cost of transportation.

Cost of Feeding.

BTW, I'll be spending a week or less there and I'll going from port Harcourt. Please kindly assist. Thank you

Border is still close unless u go by flight

1 Like

Re: What's The Cost Of Traveling To Cotonou? by Papanwamaikpe: 6:27pm On Jan 27, 2020
Sicilyjoe:

oh! Thanks
Re: What's The Cost Of Traveling To Cotonou? by gentlebullet(m): 3:32pm On Jan 28, 2020
Sicilyjoe:

This is a false info!!!!
The border closure is for goods and commodities. Passengers aren't affected to cross the border.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Cost Of Traveling To Cotonou? by Sicilyjoe: 6:49pm On Jan 28, 2020
gentlebullet:

This is a false info!!!!
The border closure is for goods and commodities. Passengers aren't affected to cross the border.

Says by who, it affect passengers but the okadas can smuggle u with high price and is risk
Re: What's The Cost Of Traveling To Cotonou? by mrsage(m): 7:53pm On Jan 28, 2020
Sicilyjoe:

Says by who, it affect passengers but the okadas can smuggle u with high price and is risk

I was at Cotonou last week. Passed through Ceme Border.

The border closure only affects goods. You are free to cross as a passenger.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Cost Of Traveling To Cotonou? by mrsage(m): 8:01pm On Jan 28, 2020
Papanwamaikpe:

Cost of transportation.

Cost of Feeding.

Transportation you can get a bus or cab from Mile 2.

Cost of hotel.. 5,500 Cefa at the barest minimum. That's about N3,300 ( very basic without Ac, but neat and well kept )

Feeding. I discovered a restaurant that sells Naija food. A plate of Eba and Egusi with meat 1k Cefa. About N600.

Documents.. If you have your international passport go along with it and you can have it stamped at the border.

If you don't have a passport no problem, the Cab or bus driver will sort it ( at an extra cost).

Exchange rate for every 1k Naira I got 1,600 Cefa

3 Likes

Re: What's The Cost Of Traveling To Cotonou? by Papanwamaikpe: 8:13pm On Jan 28, 2020
mrsage:

Transportation you can get a bus or cab from Mile 2.

Cost of hotel.. 5,500 Cefa at the barest minimum. That's about N3,300 ( very basic without Ac, but neat and well kept )

Feeding. I discovered a restaurant that sells Naija food. A plate of Eba and Egusi with meat 1k Cefa. About N600.

Documents.. If you have your international passport go along with it and you can have it stamped at the border.

If you don't have a passport no problem, the Cab or bus driver will sort it ( at an extra cost).

Exchange rate for every 1k Naira I got 1,600 Cefa
Thanks bro
Re: What's The Cost Of Traveling To Cotonou? by symbianDON(m): 7:28am On Jan 29, 2020
Papanwamaikpe:
Thanks bro
better for you to go with your passport o. those crazy cotonou police can harass you if you don't have your passport in cotonou. besides, some hotels may require it. if you don't have it, go with your national ID.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Cost Of Traveling To Cotonou? by Papanwamaikpe: 7:31am On Jan 29, 2020
symbianDON:
better for you to go with your passport o. those crazy cotonou police can harass you if you don't have your passport in cotonou. besides, some hotels may require it. if you don't have it, go with your national ID.
Oshey
Re: What's The Cost Of Traveling To Cotonou? by gentlebullet(m): 3:33pm On Jan 29, 2020
Sicilyjoe:

Please bros don't give people info about what you do not know!
I still passed Seme border on Friday 24th Jan 2020 on my way back to Accra. I drove through the border gates, stepped out of my car, went into the immigration booth to stamp my passport, got my vehicle checked by officers of Nigeria Customs service, and NDLEA.
For your information, I wasn't the only traveler who was attended to. There were vehicles of ABC transport, GUO motors, GIGM, and Chisco transport ahead of me and several private vehicles behind me in the queue.
It is only cargo laden vehicles that the border closure is affected.

Mind you, I drove through same border when I entered Nigeria on the 21st Dec 2019, drove through same border on Xmas eve with 6 other Nigerians that I took on a road trip to Accra for the Afronation and still drove back through said border on 3rd Jan 2020 before my recent trip back to Accra last week Friday.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Cost Of Traveling To Cotonou? by MostSoughtAfte(f): 5:43pm On Feb 04, 2020
sad
Re: What's The Cost Of Traveling To Cotonou? by Papanwamaikpe: 5:49pm On Feb 04, 2020
Re: What's The Cost Of Traveling To Cotonou? by dapsy77: 9:05am On Feb 23, 2020
gentlebullet:

Please bros don't give people info about what you do not know!
I still passed Seme border on Friday 24th Jan 2020 on my way back to Accra. I drove through the border gates, stepped out of my car, went into the immigration booth to stamp my passport, got my vehicle checked by officers of Nigeria Customs service, and NDLEA.
For your information, I wasn't the only traveler who was attended to. There were vehicles of ABC transport, GUO motors, GIGM, and Chisco transport ahead of me and several private vehicles behind me in the queue.
It is only cargo laden vehicles that the border closure is affected.

Mind you, I drove through same border when I entered Nigeria on the 21st Dec 2019, drove through same border on Xmas eve with 6 other Nigerians that I took on a road trip to Accra for the Afronation and still drove back through said border on 3rd Jan 2020 before my recent trip back to Accra last week Friday.

Do you have or know a trusted guide in Cotonou?
Re: What's The Cost Of Traveling To Cotonou? by gentlebullet(m): 2:23am On Feb 24, 2020
dapsy77:

Do you have or know a trusted guide in Cotonou?
No

(1) (Reply)

I Need Urgent Confirmation Please / . / Makoko "Venice Of Africa"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.