Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! (3426 Views)

Oyediran Joseph, Wanted By FBI, Arrested In Ilorin - EFCC (Photos) / Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years / Corpse Of Bilyamin Muhammed Bello Stabbed To Death By Wife Maryam Sanda (Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! by jadic: 6:20pm On Jan 28, 2020
Lawyers in the house I need your help , how come Maryam Sanda gets the death penalty for murdering her husband, while Yewande Oyediran who also murdered her husband Lowo in Ibadan Oyo State was convicted for manslaughter then sentenced to just seven years in the can. To add salt to injury I heard the out going Governor on the eve of his departure gave her a pass, effectively given her a state pardon. The question is are the two incidents not similar? Lawyers please help give us a legal basis for the difference in outcomes.
Re: Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! by Officialgarri: 6:22pm On Jan 28, 2020
I'm glad the lady is Northerner as the president, so I want to see what wailers will say

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! by psalmsmiles(m): 6:25pm On Jan 28, 2020
their cases were similar but different in many aspects. A critical look into it will reveal the big "but" in it

1 Like

Re: Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! by dahnimoh(m): 6:26pm On Jan 28, 2020
There is a big difference in the two cases

One happened in Abuja while the other was at Ibadan

6 Likes

Re: Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! by Davash222(m): 6:28pm On Jan 28, 2020
Officialgarri:
I'm glad the lady is Northerner as the president, so I want to see what wailers will say
You just have to bring your zombiesm to this harmless question.

12 Likes

Re: Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 28, 2020
jadic:
Lawyers in the house I need your help , how come Maryam Sanda gets the death penalty for murdering her husband, while Yewande Oyediran who also murdered her husband Lowo in Ibadan Oyo State was convicted for manslaughter then sentenced to just seven years in the can. To add salt to injury I heard the out going Governor on the eve of his departure gave her a pass, effectively given her a state pardon. The question is are the two incidents not similar? Lawyers please help give us a legal basis for the difference in outcomes.

....we all know Nigeria justice system is owned by whoever is in power / highest bidders...::
When yewande was released under state pardon, i almost cried for the poor man.....

Maryam’s husband is the son of a prominent politician...they won’t let this go without an eye for an eye..they have the influence and resources to ensure the “right” judgement is served... Yewande clearly know people in high places...we all know her case was an audio sentence..
They can still appeal the maryam’s case and turn it to life sentence where she too can get a staged pardon like yewande...let’s not give ourself head ache over rich people’s issues jare

6 Likes

Re: Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 28, 2020
psalmsmiles:
their cases were similar but different in many aspects. A critical look into it will reveal the big "but" in it

There’s no but anywhere....,both of them were impatient, domestic -violent wives..who resort to murdering their husband to express their anger issues.... just like Maryam, yewande has always been harassing the husband threatening him with violence...
yewande just knew people in high places that made it easy to swing her case as manslaughter. .the state pardon that came in less than 18momths into her sentence made it clear they arranged it all along cos releasing her completely at the first hearing would have raised eyebrows ...
Maryam is dealing with a politician’s family otherwise they would have marshed up the case for her too and to say its a crime of passion....
Re: Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! by timibare(m): 7:30pm On Jan 28, 2020
Yewande's time to die isn't ready yet....unlike d other lady...her time don ripe

1 Like

Re: Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! by youngsahito(m): 7:36pm On Jan 28, 2020
one is lawyer with influence while d other is just a bloody civilian.

1 Like

Re: Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 28, 2020
1StopRudeness:

....we all know Nigeria justice system is owned by whoever is in power / highest bidders...::
When yewande was released under state pardon, i almost cried for the poor man.....

Maryam’s husband is the son of a prominent politician...they won’t let this go without an eye for an eye..they have the influence and resources to ensure the “right” judgement is served... Yewande clearly know people in high places...we all know her case was an audio sentence..
They can still appeal the maryam’s case and turn it to life sentence where she too can get a staged pardon like yewande...let’s not give ourself head ache over rich people’s issues jare

stop looking aimlessly for justification or excuses .... two wrongs dey say never make a right ... the constution is clear about murder, regardless of whether the victims family are prominient or not the court made the right judgement becos you are a woman wrapper full of emotions for women doesnt mean women shuld enjoy pardons to kill there husband when they feel like it, precedence must be right to prevent future reoccurrence whoever kill must b killed.
yewande got away with it n it obvious you wish maryam get away with it,nothing will stop ur wife frm killing you someday and getting away with it afterall they are women, a man's life is worthless.
Just yesteday a man shot is wife and he was killed asap by fellow men ... no one complained jungle justice was right but court pronouncement is what every simp in town is scrutinizing.
Re: Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! by 12Monkeys: 11:12pm On Jan 28, 2020
jadic:

Yewande worked for the State Judiciary commission.

That verdict was biased from the moment she was arraingned for manslaughter instead of first degree murder.
Re: Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 29, 2020
ericsmith:

stop looking aimlessly for justification or excuses .... two wrongs dey say never make a right ... the constution is clear about murder, regardless of whether the victims family are prominient or not the court made the right judgement becos you are a woman wrapper full of emotions for women doesnt mean women shuld enjoy pardons to kill there husband when they feel like it, precedence must be right to prevent future reoccurrence whoever kill must b killed.
yewande got away with it n it obvious you wish maryam get away with it,nothing will stop ur wife frm killing you someday and getting away with it afterall they are women, a man's life is worthless.
Just yesteday a man shot is wife and he was killed asap by fellow men ... no one complained jungle justice was right but court pronouncement is what every simp in town is scrutinizing.

I am looking for justification??
Please next time read comments well and supporting comments....who told u I wish they release Maryam..??
if u knew how to get context of a whole comment, u would comprehend that this my comment u mentioned was neither centered on the action of the women not any desire for a particular verdict outcome but the nature of Nigeria’s justice system and the kind of people involved as connection could determine the outcome of a case......I even ended it with a sarcasm that this verdict could even be audio and may be changed again by an appeal....why bother ourselves with rich men issues...but it hard for u to get...
What I actually wish for is that u have some sense, but sadly .....

2 Likes

Re: Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! by Nobody: 8:21am On Jan 29, 2020
1StopRudeness:

I am looking for justification??
Please next time read comments well and supporting comments....who told u I wish they release Maryam..??
if u knew how to get context of a whole comment, u would comprehend that this my comment u mentioned was neither centered on the action of the women not any desire for a particular verdict outcome but the nature of Nigeria’s justice system and[b] the kind of people involved as connection could determine the outcome of a case......I even ended it with a sarcasm that this verdict could even be audio [/b]and may be changed again by an appeal....why bother ourselves with rich men issues...but it hard for u to get...
What I actually wish for is that u have some sense, but sadly .....

I don't see any sacarsm in that post, infact maryam lawyer couldnt av said it any better than you did, unfortunately yewande oyediran was a subversion of justice n shuldnt be cited xcept for defence.
Now lemme ask, can any prosecuting counsel in nigeria ever cite yewande case to a judge."Big NO" only a defence counsel will make reference to it, and we all know it an injustice then 017.
so mr man who ever reads ur comparism of where sum1 got 7yrs 4 manslaughter and another got life sentence will only see the court as been unfair to the later, the court got it right these time give the glory to justice not prominience or connection.
Re: Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! by ojietu: 9:35am On Jan 29, 2020
Officialgarri:
Get the syrup fast

1 Like

Re: Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 29, 2020
ericsmith:

I don't see any sacarsm in that post, infact maryam lawyer couldnt av said it any better than you did, unfortunately yewande oyediran was a subversion of justice n shuldnt be cited xcept for defence.
Now lemme ask, can any prosecuting counsel in nigeria ever cite yewande case to a judge."Big NO" only a defence counsel will make reference to it, and we all know it an injustice then 017.
so mr man who ever reads ur comparism of where sum1 got 7yrs 4 manslaughter and another got life sentence will only see the court as been unfair to the later, the court got it right these time give the glory to justice not prominience or connection.

U know what ur problem is....u feel I’m supporting any of these women or I’m hoping for a particlar verdict....see....I don’t really care....
I’m just telling how I see the case : and I will still say it again cos both are similar husband killers: justice was quickly served cos the rich men are the victim now..( money and influence can also be used to ensure the right verdict is served ontime Incase u don’t know)
And also, if the rich man’s child was the accused, that’s how they could have used influence to dig up evidence that there was no premeditation and it was only a crime of passion....Oga, I've seen too many court cases to know cases are won not only on evidence but also on influence...

Permit me to ask u ...what was the concrete documented evidence of premeditation against Maryam ??
Re: Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! by Orlaoluwayimika(m): 11:04am On Jan 29, 2020
God bless u OP for citing these cases.

In fact in Yewande's case, it was even worse cos the husband returned from the hospital after being attacked by her with a stitch on his' neck.
She still went ahead to stab him to death in the middle of the night.

From what I heard Yewande's family are powerful people in Ibd and she was a lawyer plus our corrupt judicial system messed up the case
Re: Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! by Xisnin(m): 11:31am On Jan 29, 2020
The difference is the lawyer and the judge.
Re: Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! by Xisnin(m): 11:34am On Jan 29, 2020
ericsmith:

The court did not get it right.
You are just being sentimental.
Nowhere in the developed world or any country with a developed legal system
will a spouse get life imprisonment let alone death sentence
for domestic manslaughter.

There is a difference between legal and jungle justice.
Re: Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 29, 2020
Xisnin:

The court did not get it right.
You are just being sentimental.
Nowhere in the developed world or any country with a developed legal system
will a spouse get life imprisonment let alone death sentence
for domestic manslaughter.

There is a difference between legal and jungle justice.

You people n these "develop world" crap, so what should av been the judgement for an "intentional murder" not self defense or mental illness or no alcohol. please refer me to cases of murder that the accused walked free.
Even the holy bible judgement for murder is to be killed. why some of esp. men wil chose to defend a cold blood murder is beyond hypocrisy, oh! its a female. #smh Is a woman's life worth more than a man's life.
Re: Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! by Xisnin(m): 1:17pm On Jan 29, 2020
ericsmith:

You people n these "develop world" crap, so what should av been the judgement for an "intentional murder" not self defense or mental illness or no alcohol. please refer me to cases of murder that the accused walked free.
You can only think in binary even though there are hundreds of choices in between.
Either the accused walk free or they are killed.

BTW, accused people walk free all the time and even sue the state in some cases.
Whether they are accused of murder, kidnapping or banditry.
It is hard to understand the difference between sentimental jungle justice and legal framework
because you haven't been exposed to civil discourse.

Even the holy bible judgement for murder is to be killed.
This is ridiculous.
This shows you are wholly ignorant of the law.
How many times have you judged yourself with bible "judgment"?
Who is to pass such judgment and enforce it?

why some of esp. men wil chose to defend a cold blood murder is beyond hypocrisy,
Again, you show your basal thinking ability.
No, jungle justice should not be part of our court.
If I say you shouldn't burn a pickpocket alive does that mean I am supporting the pickpocket?
It is not that hard to understand is it?

oh! its a female. #smh Is a woman's life worth more than a man's life.
Having being logically cornered with nowhere to run, you have to appeal to the last bastion
of irrationality.
Appeal to emotion.
Re: Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 29, 2020
1StopRudeness:

U know what ur problem is....u feel I’m supporting any of these women or I’m hoping for a particlar verdict....see....I don’t really care....
I’m just telling how I see the case : and I will still say it again cos both are similar husband killers: justice was quickly served cos the rich men are the victim now..( money and influence can also be used to ensure the right verdict is served ontime Incase u don’t know)
And also, if the rich man’s child was the accused, that’s how they could have used influence to dig up evidence that there was no premeditation and it was only a crime of passion....Oga, I've seen too many court cases to know cases are won not only on evidence but also on influence...

Permit me to ask u ...what was the concrete documented evidence of premeditation against Maryam ??

I thought you said you are not defending, now premeditation or no premeditation murder is murder, the few excuses that lawyer can put up as defence for a murder is, accidental, mental illness or self defence any other thing is a story for the gods.
Now if you must know, total of 6 witnesses were called to the stand, and judgement was given against the accused while relying on the circumstantial evidence of the case. two occupants in d house with maids .. do i need a phd in homocide to know one person in d house must be d murderer, did maryam point to the maids or claim it was robbery gone wrong. what evidence u cum dey find
Re: Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 29, 2020
Xisnin:

You can only think in binary even though there are hundreds of choices in between.
Either the accused walk free or they are killed.

BTW, accused people walk free all the time and even sue the state in some cases.
Whether they are accused of murder, kidnapping or banditry.
It is hard to understand the difference between sentimental jungle justice and legal framework
because you haven't been exposed to civil discourse.

This is ridiculous.
This shows you are wholly ignorant of the law.
How many times have you judged yourself with bible "judgment"?
Who is to pass such judgment and enforce it?

Again, you show your basal thinking ability.
No, jungle justice should not be part of our court.
If I say you shouldn't burn a pickpocket alive does that mean I am supporting the pickpocket?
It is not that hard to understand is it?

Having being logically cornered with nowhere to run, you have to appeal to the last bastion
of irrationality.
Appeal to emotion.

LOL !! what is the fuss here exactly ... maryam comes from a wealth background she had a sophiscated attorney, her case was presented in a competent court of jurisdiction... it wasnt as if nairalanders or twitters fans pass the judgement so what basal thinking are you having in that pussy mind.
How old are you kiddo, the bible is a guide just like the laws if i violate d bible God be the judge and if its laws i violate the court precedes over my case if apprehended. no one is in position to judge his or herself olodo its a job for a neutral body.
Oga is there no around that vex you abi, i will take you serious when you kill a member of ur family. oponu u sabi law u no go collect job
Re: Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! by generationz(f): 2:22pm On Jan 29, 2020
Re: Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 29, 2020
ericsmith:

I thought you said you are not defending, now premeditation or no premeditation murder is murder, the few excuses that lawyer can put up as defence for a murder is, accidental, mental illness or self defence any other thing is a story for the gods.
Now if you must know, total of 6 witnesses were called to the stand, and judgement was given against the accused while relying on the circumstantial evidence of the case. two occupants in d house with maids .. do i need a phd in homocide to know one person in d house must be d murderer, did maryam point to the maids or claim it was robbery gone wrong. what evidence u cum dey find

Do u even know what u are saying.....??
Premeditation is what is used to judge if it’s cold blooded first degree or crime of passion/ manslaughter......factoring in other other reasons such as past history of anger Management or reported domestic violence.....
where are u even taking this discussion to?? Did I tell u Maryam ddnt murder the husband...which one is robbery gone wrong??
When domestic violence occurs there’s always a possibility it was planned or it was at the heat of the moment anger...
all I asked u was what evidence was submitted that it wasn’t a crime of passion and u are saying burglary gone wrong and PhD in homicide.... sincerely I no get u....e be like say u argument don dey go another direction
Re: Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 29, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Do u even know what u are saying.....??
Premeditation is what is used to judge if it’s cold blooded first degree or crime of passion/ manslaughter......factoring in other other reasons such as past history of anger Management or reported domestic violence.....
where are u even taking this discussion to?? Did I tell u Maryam ddnt murder the husband...which one is robbery gone wrong??
When domestic violence occurs there’s always a possibility it was planned or it was at the heat of the moment anger...
all I asked u was what evidence was submitted that it wasn’t a crime of passion and u are saying burglary gone wrong and PhD in homicide.... sincerely I no get u....e be like say u argument don dey go another direction

As far as the judgement is concern i have zero problem with the judge verdict, let to me there even be a discussion not to talk of arguement on these issue.
Mr in your view was the judge wrong or right ... maybe from ur answer i will know why we are even having these arguement. FIY to every domestic violence their is build up. i have stated conditions that undermine murder ... mental illness, self defense or accident gives room 4 lenient. which one applies to maryam
Re: Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! by Treasure17(m): 3:28pm On Jan 29, 2020
The Judicial system is such a abstruse department and difficult to rationalise sometimes. Reason why we have first degree, second degree and probably third degree murder. I'm not a lawyer but I guess that of maryam was classified under first degree murder /premeditated murder base on the evidences the lawyer presented while that of yewande was second degree /unintentional murder. I'm not an apostle of death penalty though. Folks learn to control your anger.

(1) (Reply)

They Cut Different People Hand Line It Up Blackaxe Vs Eiye Ogun State PICS / Girl Allegedly Changed To Snake While Being Robbed In Lagos / Man Burns Bible To Prove It Has No Power(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.