Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,931 members, 7,828,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? (33434 Views)

NECO Releases November/December 2019 SSCE Result / What Course Can She Study With This WAEC Result? / My Waec Gce Result Without Any Expo What Course Can I Study? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by Princesschi(f): 3:09pm On Jan 30, 2020
Political science
Public administration
Public health
I think she can also go for theater art

I think...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by Fhemmmy: 3:10pm On Jan 30, 2020
Seems stronger in science and the individual might wanna look into computer related program . . . .I am not too familiar with how he or she will be able to get there but something related to computers won't be a bad idea and if the individual can add such to health, he or she will be hot cake
Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by Miccoli: 3:21pm On Jan 30, 2020
My candid advise would be that your word should retake the exam again.
The combination of subjects she sat for are confusing actually.
Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by Avalobitto13(f): 3:26pm On Jan 30, 2020
Public Administration
Political Science

2 Likes

Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by laidoure4real(m): 3:50pm On Jan 30, 2020
Psychology, Philosophy
Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by Thegents6: 4:08pm On Jan 30, 2020
emidika:
PLEASE FELLOW NAIRA LANDER KINDLY ASSIST, MY LITTLE HAVE THIS BELOW SSCE RESULT, WHAT CAN SHE BE ABLE TO USE IT For?

CRS= A1
GOVT= C4
LIT IN ENG= D7
CIVIC EDU= B3
ENGLISH= C6
MATHS= B2
BIOLOGY= B3
COMPUTER= A1
COSMETOLOGY=C6.

She really needs your advice pls.b4 now she wanted to do law but help check anything she can do with the above result. Regards.

English
Maths
Govt
crs
can get a POLITICAL SCIENCE degree. If not, rewrite
Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by Thegents6: 4:11pm On Jan 30, 2020
Also, you have Civic edu and lit eng too.. Surely, POLITICAL SCIENCE shocked
Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by OluwaseunMa: 4:19pm On Jan 30, 2020
Guidance and counselling
Psychology
Religious studies
Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by raquel97: 4:25pm On Jan 30, 2020
emidika:
PLEASE FELLOW NAIRA LANDER KINDLY ASSIST, MY LITTLE HAVE THIS BELOW SSCE RESULT, WHAT CAN SHE BE ABLE TO USE IT For?

CRS= A1
GOVT= C4
LIT IN ENG= D7
CIVIC EDU= B3
ENGLISH= C6
MATHS= B2
BIOLOGY= B3
COMPUTER= A1
COSMETOLOGY=C6.

She really needs your advice pls.b4 now she wanted to do law but help check anything she can do with the above result. Regards.
*LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE IS GOOD FOR THE COMBO OF MATHS, ENGLISH, CRS, GOV AND COMPUTER*
Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by Legendguru: 4:31pm On Jan 30, 2020
I thought it’s A1 parallel why showing this grade off when you know your ward belongs to mass com biz admin.....
Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by Temade29: 4:40pm On Jan 30, 2020
As for me,I think Estate Management and valuation is okay...
Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by Oyindaberry(f): 4:53pm On Jan 30, 2020
Computer Science

Oh! She’s an Art Student

1 Like

Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by folake4u(f): 5:14pm On Jan 30, 2020
Officialgarri:
Cosmetology? You mean make-up is now a subject in secondary school? /

It depends on the school's entrepreneurship course that they choose their students to write in exams.
In my school, we offered Catering and Craft practice, GSM and phone maintenance, and Fisheries.
I did GSM and phone maintenance in SS2, Catering and Craft practice in SS2 and finally chose Catering and craft practice to write in my Waec and Neco exams.
In Waec, I wrote ONLY theory of the exams but in Neco, I did both theory and practical exams, I was made to cook a three-course meal in space of 2hrs. I cooked pepper soup as appetizer, Main course was Fried rice, chicken and salad, Dessert was Pineapple juice and there were invigilators who were around to monitor us and taste our food, some of my coursemates made Pounded yam and egusi soup as main course.

Guy,it wasn't Funny.

Bottom line is Cosmetology might be the entrepreneurial course the child's secondary school choose or she decided to do it.
EOD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by EOEI: 6:10pm On Jan 30, 2020
emidika:

CRS= A1
GOVT= C4
LIT IN ENG= D7
CIVIC EDU= B3
ENGLISH= C6
MATHS= B2
BIOLOGY= B3
COMPUTER= A1
COSMETOLOGY=C6.

Are there no more guardian and counsellors in the secondary schools anymore to guide student thru their career's O'level subjects?
Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by kid7soccer(m): 6:15pm On Jan 30, 2020
it is difficult to know which path your child intends to take.

NOW LET ME ASK YOU

is your child a science student or art ?

He/she has good grades in science course BIO, Math, Computer, also she did well in Art GOVT, Civic Education and English.

from what i can see your child is more science inclined.

let me just say let he/she try computer science. ICT pays nowadays.

but the course combination is not ok at all, please if you still have kids in that school, please transfer them before they destroy your kids future.

Honestly it like your child does not have a clear pathway he or she intends to take, and you the parent is not capable enough to give a good advice.

so i advice you sit your child down and ask he/she what they want to be and the pathway academical there intend to take. then from there you can get a clear view of which path to take. Also take your kids academic career seriously.

finally, as it stands now pursing a career in ICT is the best option based on her result.

please still consider other option i gave you before you decide.

emidika:

CRS= A1
GOVT= C4
LIT IN ENG= D7
CIVIC EDU= B3
ENGLISH= C6
MATHS= B2
BIOLOGY= B3
COMPUTER= A1
COSMETOLOGY=C6.

Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by LastSurvivor11: 6:58pm On Jan 30, 2020
Enwhen:

NO... Comp sci is for science with physics, chemistry, math , English and any social science subjects like biology

I studied computer science without chemistry, biology covers chemistry
Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by Enwhen(m): 7:05pm On Jan 30, 2020
LastSurvivor11:

I studied computer science without chemistry, biology covers chemistry

Yea, depends on the school... I know u did't do biology and chemistry after first semester 100L, so the two and just requirmen.
Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by Officialgarri: 7:15pm On Jan 30, 2020
folake4u:

It depends on the school's entrepreneurship course that they choose their students to write in exams.
In my school, we offered Catering and Craft practice, GSM and phone maintenance, and Fisheries.
I did GSM and phone maintenance in SS2, Catering and Craft practice in SS2 and finally chose Catering and craft practice to write in my Waec and Neco exams.
In Waec, I wrote ONLY theory of the exams but in Neco, I did both theory and practical exams, I was made to cook a three-course meal in space of 2hrs. I cooked pepper soup as appetizer, Main course was Fried rice, chicken and salad, Dessert was Pineapple juice and there were invigilators who were around to monitor us and taste our food, some of my coursemates made Pounded yam and egusi soup as main course.

Guy,it wasn't Funny.

Bottom line is Cosmetology might be the entrepreneurial course the child's secondary school choose or she decided to do it.
EOD.

Folake mio kin se egbe e cheesy. I no be your mate if you indeed offered this new age courses

Don't call me 'guy'.
Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by pawesome(m): 7:18pm On Jan 30, 2020
emidika:

CRS= A1
GOVT= C4
LIT IN ENG= D7
CIVIC EDU= B3
ENGLISH= C6
MATHS= B2
BIOLOGY= B3
COMPUTER= A1
COSMETOLOGY=C6.

the subject combination is pathetic...the school didn't try at all...she has to re-write n probably know what she wants to read n bring it back on the platform so we can suggest subject combination...but Sociology can go thou

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by Sholaystar4me(m): 7:23pm On Jan 30, 2020
Good grades! forget about the rest of the people talking about the subject combo. now go find a course brochure, and look for anything that has to do with Information technology or IT... you will thank me later...he can be a good programmer in future...money!!!
Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by DarlingEmojist(m): 7:30pm On Jan 30, 2020
What if she study Butternicology - (study of butter)..
Note : She can work in a chemical based company
Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by suremanpatriot: 7:36pm On Jan 30, 2020
Go through jamb brochure...there are state universities Law faculties that will welcome her with open arms with ya Atm card sha on top their private Pos grin or take her to private varsity.That ris if she is passionate to read law. grin or she go Tos benson make college to become Naomi Cambell or Become oluchi face of Africa.Q.E.D.
Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by edoairways: 8:05pm On Jan 30, 2020
femi4:
Let her go for accounting
There is no Economics
Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by olubukola07(f): 9:13pm On Jan 30, 2020
Since when is SSCE results the determinant of course of study?
I mean doesn't she have anything in mind that she woud like to study?
And why can't s/he rewrite SSCE with better subject combinations?
Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by folake4u(f): 9:27pm On Jan 30, 2020
Officialgarri:

Folake mio kin se egbe e cheesy. I no be your mate if you indeed offered this new age courses

Don't call me 'guy'.

Yeah I did offer these new age courses.

Lmaoooooooo Egbon.
Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by Lonelypacifist6: 10:29pm On Jan 30, 2020
emidika:

CRS= A1
GOVT= C4
LIT IN ENG= D7
CIVIC EDU= B3
ENGLISH= C6
MATHS= B2
BIOLOGY= B3
COMPUTER= A1
COSMETOLOGY=C6.

Never heard of cosmetology in my days, these kids are really in a different time.
Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by ojonugba2014(m): 10:32pm On Jan 30, 2020
guidance nd counselling,
Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by Riscawendy(f): 10:49pm On Jan 30, 2020
Sociology. She can use following for jamb.
English, CRS, Govt, Civic education.
But l think schools should have a guidance and counseling personnel that guides student on the right subject to choose, to avoid this kind of subject combination.

#sweetmotherhood#
Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by Arielnatasha(f): 11:15pm On Jan 30, 2020
She can study foreign languages and literature in Uniport. my result is similar to that and I'm doing pretty well in the department
Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by BluntBoy(m): 11:16pm On Jan 30, 2020
emidika:

CRS= A1
GOVT= C4
LIT IN ENG= D7
CIVIC EDU= B3
ENGLISH= C6
MATHS= B2
BIOLOGY= B3
COMPUTER= A1
COSMETOLOGY=C6.

It is a subject combination for the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, and the Faculty of Law. She can even get into some courses in the Social Sciences.

But her Literature grade is very poor. She stands no chance, not even with money. No school will give her admission with that poor grade in Literature.

Let her resit, and if she makes her papers in one sitting, she can put in for any Arts and Humanities courses, or put in for Law or some Social Sciences courses that cross with the Arts such as Sociology, Psychology, Political science, and Public administration

But first thing first: she must make at least a credit in Literature to stand a chance. If not for that Literature, her result would have been fine.
Re: What Course Can My Ward Choose With This SSCE Result? by lordswill03: 6:49am On Jan 31, 2020
Kindly check Jamb brochure

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Meaning Of Recently Found Word "Demonym" / Nairalander Bags First Class And Two Awards In UNIZIK. / Lilian Salami Seeks EFCC Collaboration To Fight Corruption, Yahoo Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.