Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,871 members, 7,828,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ (12310 Views)

Oluwo Of Iwoland, Akanbi, Named 6th Richest King, As He Reacts / Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by agwom(m): 6:41am On Jan 30, 2020
The Oluwo of Iwoland Oba Abdulrosheed Adewale Akanbi, yesterday called on Yoruba stakeholders to use the regional Amotekun to checkmate what he called the incessant traditional corruption and ritual killings. The royal father said politicians should be held responsible for trading their game with kidnapping.

In a statement by his press secretary, Alli Ibraheem, Oluwo said: “Amotekun as an institution should be made to fight traditional corruption most especially ritual killings consuming our children’s blood daily.

There is blood of innocent people in the street. It is a failure on the part of government, traditional institution and other stakeholders that no severe legislation is enacted to punish ritual killers and their accomplice” “I want to charge all the stakeholders to streamline the activities of Amotekun to prioritize checkmating of ritual killings to protect innocent lives and enact death penalty for any culprit caught killing human for rituals. I’m not happy with ritual killers.

“They are not human. Government should help us by enacting a law against ritual killers. Whether male or female, anyone killed by ritual killer is my children. It must stop. Human are not animals that you slaughter, killed and dismembered. It is an aberration. Such is never part of any culture. We should empower Amotekun to challenge such barbaric act.”
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/amotekun-should-fight-ritual-killings-traditional-corruption-oluwo-2.html

17 Likes

Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by ThiagoKid(m): 7:02am On Jan 30, 2020
I hope you people wont kill dis amotekun of a thing

7 Likes

Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by solmusdesigns: 7:14am On Jan 30, 2020
Na hin own go always different.. Emir Igbolabi

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by GeoAfrikana(m): 7:19am On Jan 30, 2020
This is the kind of comment I like to hear; apolitical and realistic.

I believe that one primary reason why we won't be able to combat insecurity in the country is our politicization of deaths and threats. Any killing, robbery or kidnapping is automatically linked to herdsmen even without an iota of relationship. What nonsense?!

I've travelled to all corners of this country and I can tell you that every tribe commits as worse crime as these so-called herdsmen.

In the east, go to Onitsha and Owerri markets, O my God! Daylight robbery, duping and killing. In fact there are some areas in that Onitsha market that even police can't enter.

In the north, specifically in Mabushi, Abuja, robbers will cut off your arm if you refuse to handover your bag.

Do you remember the video of Birom people who killed and roasted a whole congregation of worshippers on Salah day? No one escaped. That video made me think of Birom people as cannibals until I met a Birom guy during my NYSC.

My friend was almost lynched by some thugs near Aba market on a business trip. If not for one public transport driver (also an easterner) that threw him in his bus and drove him away, they would have killed him there. Funny enough those guys claimed to be avenging MNK by robbing foreigners. Of course we know that as crazy as MNK may be he can't approve such barbarism.

In the south-west here, just yesterday I saw a man who was robbed by local armed thieves. Many children and adults go missing. Don't even mention body snatchers, those ones are story for another day.

Many people will come for this man's throat and kidney but he has spoken the bitter truth. The number of people we lose to ritualists is immeasurable compared to herdsmen attacks.

This doesn't mean we shouldn't condemn and attack criminal herdsmen but it means we shouldn't always view matters from political and politicians' point of view. If we do then what's the essence of the critical thinking we were taught in school.

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by hisexcellency34: 7:19am On Jan 30, 2020
Oba Lil Wayne

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by helinues: 7:20am On Jan 30, 2020
Abi

Agreeing with Oba Akanbi for the first time. SW past and present leaders never cared about tackling the Ritualist menace.. May be they are beneficiaries sha

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by Renforce: 7:20am On Jan 30, 2020
They should fight book haram too undecided
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by Onlinealaba(m): 7:20am On Jan 30, 2020
The whole thing is getting complicated but I believe amotekun is here to stay.
we sell Smart TVs
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by YoungLionken(m): 7:20am On Jan 30, 2020
I don't think that would work, after all,they(amotekun) will solely depend on charms for fortification/protection,and it has to do with alot of rituals...

2 Likes

Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by Gten(m): 7:21am On Jan 30, 2020
Traditional corruption? Amotekun truly needs a legal framework.

1 Like

Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by yinkus6750(m): 7:21am On Jan 30, 2020
Which one is traditional corruption again?
They are to protect and make the highways safe, against robberies and herdsmen attacks.
They shouldn't complicate what the role is.

7 Likes

Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by Dareal90s(m): 7:21am On Jan 30, 2020
Anything evil or illegal should be fought, that's d main reason for d outfit.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by gbadexy(m): 7:22am On Jan 30, 2020
First time I'm agreeing with him.
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by johnjay4u2u(m): 7:22am On Jan 30, 2020
Abeg, what is the function of today's Nigeria kings?

All most do is collect salary, marry more wives, grab lands and oppress people.

Who asked him questions?

The Kings we read about fought for their people. The ones we have now are political ass lickers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by Mrpojj(m): 7:22am On Jan 30, 2020

1 Like

Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by endy69: 7:23am On Jan 30, 2020
I'm afraid now
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by Racoon(m): 7:23am On Jan 30, 2020
What about the herdsmen terrorists?
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by Sweetcollins: 7:23am On Jan 30, 2020
Bakassi owa
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by Ken55ng: 7:24am On Jan 30, 2020
He made a good point

1 Like

Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by majamajic(m): 7:24am On Jan 30, 2020
Good

No cover up

1 Like

Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by NaijaOlosho(f): 7:24am On Jan 30, 2020
angry
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by Ken4Christ: 7:24am On Jan 30, 2020
I concur. They should go into the forest, discover all shrines of ritualists, destroy them and arrest all those involve.

2 Likes

Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by TRUSTEDGUY: 7:24am On Jan 30, 2020
[right][/right]r
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by majamajic(m): 7:24am On Jan 30, 2020
endy69:
I'm afraid now

Are u from Ogun ?
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by baysherpsyche: 7:25am On Jan 30, 2020
All this responsibility including ritual killings, hian. Which work police come dey do?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by TRUSTEDGUY: 7:26am On Jan 30, 2020
yinkus6750:
Which one is traditional corruption again?
They are to protect and make the highways safe, against robberies and herdsmen attacks.
They shouldn't complicate what the role is.

Witch craft, rituals, using juju to hinder or kill your fellow man etc...
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by siromot(m): 7:28am On Jan 30, 2020
amotekun should also look into the reasons why you divorce your wife and adopt emir and also want to be leading Friday jumat prayers in mosque

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by Realtalk20: 7:29am On Jan 30, 2020
ThiagoKid:
I hope you people wont kill dis amotekun of a thing

My fear exactly undecided
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by Captainrambo2: 7:31am On Jan 30, 2020
Which amotekun.

So.etin wey don die
Re: Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ by fredoooooo: 7:32am On Jan 30, 2020
They should carry bible and Quran abi ? undecided we are doing it the yoruba way not the Arab or Israel rubbish.. imagine a king from ritual saying this rubbish... ogun strike you there omo ale

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun Government Bans Social Gatherings At This Year's Osun-Osogbo Festival / Timothy Ogundele (Macof) Is After My Life / Beautiful Masquerade Of Obollo Afor Nsukka In Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.