Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

My Landlord Is Threatening To Eject Me From My Rented Apartment. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Landlord Is Threatening To Eject Me From My Rented Apartment. (724 Views)

How Do I Eject This Tenant? / My Landlord Is Trying To Eject Me For Having Visitors. Please Help / How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Landlord Is Threatening To Eject Me From My Rented Apartment. by Goldmind1(m): 4:03pm On Jan 30, 2020
Hello folks,
Pls I need an advice.
Our landlord is planning to force us out of our rented apartments. Presently we, the tenants are not owing him. He claimed he gave us 5 months grace to leave the apartment that he wants to make use of it. But we are asking for 6 to 7 months grace, though he collects his rent on a 6 months basis.
And honestly we all are in search of house. The new house am expecting to move in, the occupant said she is vacating there next week. Now my landlord said he is coming with force tomorrow.
Pls which Lagos State government agency do I take this matter to?
Re: My Landlord Is Threatening To Eject Me From My Rented Apartment. by bluebay(m): 4:13pm On Jan 30, 2020
If your first rent payment was 6 Months , then he was suppose to give you 3months notice but instead, he gave extra months. Well, there's nothing anyone can do about it, unless you find a way to leave the apartment but leave your things inside and go stay with a friend till next week and lie to your landlord that an emergency happened and you had to rush out of town... He can't.break into your apartment behind you. But make sure it doesn't exceed the next week as planned coz if he catches you, he can bite off your ear.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Is Threatening To Eject Me From My Rented Apartment. by budaatum: 4:25pm On Jan 30, 2020
drealdude:
Good Evening all,
Good people of nairaland, Pls i need advice on how i can quickly eject this my stubborn tenant oweing me 4 months payments. I have already written him quit notice that i want to renovate the place. The notice will elapse this month ending and i threaten him with court action if he does't comply(i actually intend to take court action)
But i know that court process take long time before actual action occur, any ideas on how i can make him leave quickly without taking the law into my hands. Thanks
(there are other tenants in the building)
Re: My Landlord Is Threatening To Eject Me From My Rented Apartment. by Lcf69(m): 4:29pm On Jan 30, 2020
Oooh my Bruh sorry n it's a pity bt,if I may innocently ask,Are u Guys Marlians bc, some Landlords are obviously against this Trend... Pinned

(1) (Reply)

Before And After We Paint The House For Our Client / 5 Bedroom Fully Detached Duplex In Ikota GRA, Ikota Lekki / TO LET:- Room Self Contain + Facilities @ Ilupeju- Palmgrove, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.