Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,086 members, 7,849,406 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:46 PM

Why Can't We Do The Right Thing! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Can't We Do The Right Thing! (750 Views)

I Did The Right Thing Shey? / Why Can't We Send Personal Messages / Why Can't We Be Cruel To Cruel Animals? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't We Do The Right Thing! by papiwater: 3:38pm On Dec 10, 2010
Hello all. Got this from a friend in Canada (Nairaland member).
What do you think?

I just need to get this off my chest becase I am just fuming right now!.

Why for crying out loud, can we never seem to do the right thing.

Why can't we queue, wait for our turn, follow simple laws and regulations of wherever we find ourselves.
Why can't we be not soo desperate as to turn our eyes and do evil all in the name of getting ahead.

I'm sick of it, soo sick of it.

Don't get me wrong, I am not talking about Nigerians living in Nigeria, I'm talking about Nigerians living abroad.

Most of us are full of crap (forgive my french) we proclaim to be believers and we can't follow simply rules as paying our taxes. Just paying taxes is a problem, but we dont have a problem with paying tihtes, I just don't get it.

We want to employ people under the table, we want to buy furniture, electronics under the table. We complain about mama charlies tax rate, then what are we doing here, why don't we pack and go home where we can evade taxes.

TAXES, TAXES thats what pays for the infrastructure we enjoy here. People do contract jobs so that they can claim expenses not according to the book and can CHEAT the canadian tax payers.

In Canada, I know soooo many, many, many, many I say,. cheaters of the Canada immigration system. It's annoying, we are messing up the system that people here sacrificed and laboured to build.

We don't know how to build things, other than to destroy and make them worse. A lot of folks in my church are pure hypocrites and I'm pissed, very pissed. The canadian immigration law says you have to live 3 years out of 5 in Canada before you can qualify for citizenship.

I see many people with only half the family in Canada, some live in the US and come back to claim citizenship fraudulently. Its fraud and if caught and prosecuted, can land you in JAIL. JAIl I say, but people still do it, Tongue blasting, bible thumping believers. Chei, I shake my head.

People run to Canada and US to deliever their babies , rack up medical bills and refuse to pay the bills, then they run back home. I have seen people's childrens passport with different last name.WHO DOES THAT Please tell me who does that, other than a desperate, insecure person that believes his identity is tied to a US passport other than GOD.

No one dares to shout this at the roof top that we are hypocrites, we are liars and we are destroying what other people suffered to build. We are cowards, we ran away from our country to come here, but we still want to be fighting for our right when we are raping the system. We want to eat our cake and have it and we do not want to scarifice. Sacrifice is not in our genes, GOD help us.

Why don't we have an ounce of shame, dignity or even national or personal pride. Why do we keep giving ourselves a bad name.

To even take kids from childrens church na wahala, we fight, we never tow the line, we jump the queue and we expect our children to respect authority, to be prayer warriors and upstanding citizens. It's a futile expectation, you reap what you sow.

We complain about our leaders while forgetting that we are the change that we seek. CHANGE starts with US. Definition of US: ME and YOU and not someone else.

Most of us going to church are hypocrites, we are dishonest, we don't do the right thing an average Oyinbo does. If we did, our communities anywhere we are will not be the way it is.

Please, let us think about how we personally can change, and effect change one by one with those that we interact with or else, our prayers will be wasted and be in vain.

I know that it takes a lot more to do the right thing in Nigeria, that's one of my obstacles to returning home, BUT here doing the right thing is as easy as PIE. So no excuse other than our greed and shortsightedness.

The truth is always buitter, I rest my case.
Re: Why Can't We Do The Right Thing! by iyatrustee(f): 4:38pm On Dec 10, 2010
*yawns* sorry i dozed off. but are you tru now grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Can't We Do The Right Thing! by MaiSuya(m): 9:48pm On Dec 12, 2010
Really? I'm very surprised to see this. I was of the opinion that Nigerians are always well behaved when abroad.
Re: Why Can't We Do The Right Thing! by MisterMan(m): 2:35pm On Oct 27, 2013
Unfortunately, it is true. I like you for having the gut to point out our short comings. I do tell people, we have not seen anything yet. You wonder when Principals and teachers come together to commit examination malpractices. Students would be forced to pay co-operation fees. When I wrote JAMB, there was nothing like post JAMB, because it never leaked. I am a strong apostle of post JAMB. Why conduct exam when it is all farce!
My elder once told me a true story. A husband took his wife’s car for repairs, and he asked the mechanic to embellish the charges with his own. Husband to wife, for God’s sake. Sometimes ago, I read of a man who arranged a kidnap of himself so that he would be able to fleece his siblings.

I do tell people that I am NOT a prophet of doom, but Nigeria is likely to be worse off in the next 10-15 years. 30 years ago was better than 20, 20 better than 10. What with the crop of criminals we are producing now. Parents encourage their children to cheat, schools actively encourage it, and the so called invigilators and supervisors are into it.
I tried to discourage my children from it. About 2 years ago when my son was doing his JSS exam, one of his teachers was beating him because he refused to accept the expo he was being given. The teacher was doing that because he thought he was doing me and his mother a favour by giving him espo. It is this crop of young people who will become judges, governors and military personnel tomorrow. Can we expect anything good in those that have been taught that cheating is good? I remember when I was in University, we have many Indians and Cameroonians studying. I am not sure if we can find a single one now. We have run everything down. What makes us think that everything will be better? As the poster has rightly said, change starts with you and me.

iyatrustee: *yawns* sorry i dozed off. but are you tru now grin grin grin grin
Must you post if you don't have any sensible thing to say?

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Craze / Buhari Come And Address The Nigerians / Advice To Babe (nl Poster) From Nl Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.