Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

What Laptop Spec Is Good 4 Programming And Graphic Design? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Laptop Spec Is Good 4 Programming And Graphic Design? (4838 Views)

Message To Nairaland Programmers On Programming and Success / What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding / Which Professional Certification Is Good 4 A Computer Science Fresh Graduate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Laptop Spec Is Good 4 Programming And Graphic Design? by Flashaldrin(m): 3:57pm On Dec 10, 2010
I want to know d laptop specs good 4 programming and graphic design and if hp compaq 620 will serve.
Re: What Laptop Spec Is Good 4 Programming And Graphic Design? by Ghenghis(m): 8:37am On Dec 11, 2010
Lots of RAM 4+ to run multiple services and apps (i have oracle, mysql, eclipse, tomcat, glassfish all running at the same time, sometimes , )
Good CPU speed with multicore or hyperthreading support
Large Hard disk is need for videos

Graphic design might require image rendering etc., so you might need a system with a dedicated GPU (More expensive though)

The bigger the Screen the better, but you have to compromise for portability and power consumption.
I used to prefer 15" but now use 13" cause i do presentations a lot, so i need a small and light laptop.

15" is a good balance though, good screen area for an IDE
Re: What Laptop Spec Is Good 4 Programming And Graphic Design? by Flashaldrin(m): 10:40am On Dec 11, 2010
Thanks very much ghengis, so i'm planning to buy hp 620 compaq. Shld i go 4 it?
Re: What Laptop Spec Is Good 4 Programming And Graphic Design? by candylips(m): 2:00pm On Dec 11, 2010
how about getting yourself a desktp. its still the best
Re: What Laptop Spec Is Good 4 Programming And Graphic Design? by Ghenghis(m): 8:41am On Dec 13, 2010
the compaq seems fine, though a bit pricey.

One of the more important things for a laptop is mobility, which comes to battery life. If you envisage long periods better you recharge then look for a laptop with i5 proc. else the Compaq is great.

You should invest in extra RAM also.
An it seems to ship with SUse or DOS , That's not good if you plan to use windows ,
Re: What Laptop Spec Is Good 4 Programming And Graphic Design? by Flashaldrin(m): 5:46pm On Dec 13, 2010
@ghengis, tanks very much i'm grateful
@candylips, what makes a desktop better? R dia desktops of 4+ gb ram?

(1) (Reply)

Coding Challenge 5: Substring Generator / Product Designers (ui/ux) Get In Here. / I Want To Hire A Beginner Who Is Willing To Learn New Skills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.