Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,380 members, 7,861,051 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:17 PM

EXPOSED!! The Rot In Immigration Office Benin - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / EXPOSED!! The Rot In Immigration Office Benin (1039 Views)

Passport Application In Immigration Office At Minna / Immigration Office At Ado Ekiti For My Passport / Kaduna Immigration Office Has No Booklets: The Nigeria System About To Fail Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EXPOSED!! The Rot In Immigration Office Benin by naijadefender: 7:27pm On Jan 30, 2020
It is time to rise and stop the exploitation in process of International passport. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

The Immigration office in Benin city Edo state is exploiting Innocent Nigerians who are applying for international passport. It is painful that in a country that claim to fight corruption the Nigeria immigration has succeded in building a racket in the process of international passport Application.

All Nigerians applying for international passports are aware that the money you pay is inflated. How come we cannot confront these brigands in immigration uniform to stop this menace. They are our enemies.

On the 3rd January, 2020, I paid 35k for myself, 35k for my wife and 25k for two of my children total 120k and we were captured same day.
For over three weeks the immigration officer assisting me has been telling me there are no booklets for production of the passports. I called the officer today and pretended as if I needed the passprt urgently for a foreign engagement and she says if I want it urgently I should pay another 10k each. ie 40k for the family.

As if that is not enough, a friend called another officer in that same office and he confided in my friend that the new head of benin office is the cause of the hoarding of passport,as he collects 2k from each applicant....the balance will probably be shared by the other officers.

He said I dont have a choice than to pay 40k for four passports after paying 120k.....what kind of country is this....we need to confront these brigands...I am starting a harsh tag#stopextortion at immigration offices in nigeria

All those with similar experience let us speak up.....

What kind of country is this....
Re: EXPOSED!! The Rot In Immigration Office Benin by dheaven: 7:31pm On Jan 30, 2020
You can start the campaign but in Nigeria as far the present Oga is settling the higher Oga it will be difficult to achieve your aim.
Re: EXPOSED!! The Rot In Immigration Office Benin by ProfDave123: 7:53pm On Jan 30, 2020
You should have registered online and save yourself from unnecessary stress.

2 Likes

Re: EXPOSED!! The Rot In Immigration Office Benin by SKhanmi: 8:00pm On Jan 30, 2020
If you can remember their name tags, complain on their twitter handle & mention them. Their response time is quick.

2 Likes

Re: EXPOSED!! The Rot In Immigration Office Benin by KendrickAyomide: 10:04pm On Jan 30, 2020
I know them very well in that office at ramat park, very useless people. We quarell sotay we become friends. Nairaland won't help you sir.
Re: EXPOSED!! The Rot In Immigration Office Benin by gloriaunobi(f): 7:33pm On Feb 01, 2020
I was on there on Tuesday and I met two immigration officers guilding the entrance and he almost hijacked me..he told me that it's 65,000....he was shocked when I told him that it's 17k online grin
Re: EXPOSED!! The Rot In Immigration Office Benin by larryking540: 6:58am On Feb 02, 2020
ProfDave123:
You should have registered online and save yourself from unnecessary stress.

Register on line ,bro u will still end up going to their office and also wait for the same time frame
Re: EXPOSED!! The Rot In Immigration Office Benin by larryking540: 6:59am On Feb 02, 2020
KendrickAyomide:
I know them very well in that office at ramat park, very useless people. We quarell sotay we become friends. Nairaland won't help you sir.

There are places I don't wish to step my foot in again and example is that Ramat park at ikpoba hill
Re: EXPOSED!! The Rot In Immigration Office Benin by ProfDave123: 7:56am On Feb 02, 2020
larryking540:

Register on line ,bro u will still end up going to their office and also wait for the same time frame

Yes, you will still go to their office. Tell them you have registered. They don't have any choice than to process and capture you.

Record the voice of anyone that says you should pay any other money. Get the name too. Just play along.

Then with a stern look, tell him or her that are you giving him 1 hour to process yours. Watch the magic.
Most of those immigration officers are thieves so you need to be careful otherwise you'll become a prey to them

PS: Ensure you go with your guarantor.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get To SANGOTEDO From CSM / Which Country In Europe My 2million Can Take Me To / Greener Pastures Is Nowhere But Here In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.