Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday (32585 Views)

Reno Omokri Replies Christians On 'Jesus Mother Of Mary' Mosque / Pastor Adeboye Celebrates 40 Years As Redeemed Church General Overseer (Pix) / Presbytarian Church Protests Against Herdsmen Killings (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by farem: 11:20am On Feb 01, 2020
Redeemed Church to protest insecurity, killing of Christians Sunday

Members of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) are embarking on prayer walk across the country tomorrow to express displeasure at the “gruesome killings of innocent people in the country.”

The action is also to pray for “the government to develop capacity to overcome the criminals troubling the nation.”

Consequently, all parishes of the church have been enjoined to end their service not later than 11am on Sunday to enable members “march round their immediate environment, praying for God’s intervention in the ongoing situation in Nigeria.”

The protests are at the instance of the RCCG General Overseer, Pastor Adejare Adeboye.

The Assistant General Overseer (Admin and Personnel) of the church,Pastor J.F Odesola said in a January 29, 2020 circular to all regions and provinces of the RCCG said: “The Christian Association of Nigeria, the umbrella body for all Christians and Christian organizations in Nigeria, has made a clarion call for prayers and advocacy to all Christians in Nigeria in response to the inhumane acts against Christians in the country.

“The General Overseer has therefore directed that all members of RCCG should participate in this prayer and advocacy with details as stated here under:

Since RCCG is currently on a fasting and praying programme, the prayer focus within this period should be against the gruesome killings of innocent people in the country and prayer for the government to develop the capacity to overcome the criminals troubling the nation.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/redeemed-chuch-to-protest-insecurity-killing-of-christians-sunday/

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by xcabczyxabczzzz: 11:23am On Feb 01, 2020
Nice one redeemed, this church believe in Nigeria.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by ghettokid1(m): 11:26am On Feb 01, 2020
Tear Gass Awaits Them.

7 Likes

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by BitcoinsMonitor(f): 11:37am On Feb 01, 2020
Long overdue...trust me, God will not come down to help us secure our land, he has blessed us with the resources needed to keep us safe.

Nigerian Christians should start thinking outside the box.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by iCauseTrouble: 11:38am On Feb 01, 2020
Still waiting for those who will criticise Daddy G. O for this.
You can't just satisfy humans grin

24 Likes

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by ImagineNation: 11:38am On Feb 01, 2020
Protest with your voters card biko

People should start understanding that protests dont work in Nigeria anymore..

Going by the amount of redeem churches one can see around, I'm guessing the church can boast of at least 3 to 5 million registered voters.

Thats a political game changer at the national level..

Show your strength in collective decision making

Wetin concern me... If them go share food I fit follow protest
Redeem has the good habit of cooking every now and then when two or three people are gathered grin

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by lonelydora: 11:38am On Feb 01, 2020
RCCG have fully understood "Faith without work"

Well, I will be giving them morale support while watching them on television.

16 Likes

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by kunleweb: 11:38am On Feb 01, 2020
Hmm. Funny. It's too delayed. Way too delayed for this. But delay isn't denial and may the Lord have mercy upon us

However, If it was for leah shuaibu everyone made a March for now, then some redemption can be achieved.

The brand has already suffered great damage already.

This process of rectification implies repentance from an earlier different standpoint.

We pray the Lord's forgiveness upon me first and everyone that has erred and for the spirit of uprightness and correction

The inaction and silence in the face of tyrannical leadership for way too long has already done great character damage already.

May the Almighty Himself heal us, heal the land,trim His vineyard

Even if you don't like my post, RCCG members that have a spirit of discernment or can try to can discern the truth. Your likes/dislikes doesn't discount or invalidate the truth. Start taking the truth please just the way it should be taken as God is a respecter of no persons

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by mimilogs: 11:38am On Feb 01, 2020
It is well cry cry

1 Like

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by anytexy: 11:38am On Feb 01, 2020
They no pray again

2 Likes

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 01, 2020
sad As a born again Christian who is meant to speak the truth at all times, i think we Christians are becoming hypocritical with the truth. Why are we Christians crying wolf when there is none? Who and who is killing Christians? Any time a tragedy occurs we tag it as killing of Christians. What sort of nonsense is this

We Christians have demonized other Nigerians of other faiths tagging them killers for no reason. Our actions as Christians threatens the peace and unity of Nigeria. We must change our ways and learn to be tolerant of others. Everything must not be viewed with religious lens. The so called bastards we call pastors heat up the polity for their own gain hereby causing tensions between Nigerians.

The federal government should ban any protest by religious groups especially we hypocritical Christians who love to form victims in every situation. Unlike our Muslim brothers who remain resolute in the face of unnecessary stigma and persecution, we Christians have been favored most in this country yet we are never satisfied. I have been a born again Christian for the past 25 years and with the recent turn of events, i may consider Islam as my new religion sad

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by dante0147: 11:39am On Feb 01, 2020
MEDICINE AFTER DEATH

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by FastestGirl: 11:39am On Feb 01, 2020
Its a welcome development.. Christains are to docile

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 01, 2020
It is the prayers of people like Oyedepo/Adeboye that gives hope and keep Nigeria united. Our religious leaders are the real pillars of hope in this country. The day they stop preaching peace and tolerance......

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by nairaman66(m): 11:40am On Feb 01, 2020
Very good move!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by xynerise: 11:40am On Feb 01, 2020
Good...time to show civic actions and not only spiritual actions smiley

2 Likes

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by Sirsuky(m): 11:40am On Feb 01, 2020
Is I time Christian wake up and challenge the evil in the nation thumb up for that.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by gr8tone: 11:40am On Feb 01, 2020
Does the government has ears? I doubt..

1 Like

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by FA13(m): 11:40am On Feb 01, 2020
Everyone needs to speak against evil in the land in this trying times.

Evil prevail when good people remain mute.

2 Likes

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by Marewell(m): 11:40am On Feb 01, 2020
BitcoinsMonitor:
Long overdue...

1 Like

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by mickeyenglish(m): 11:40am On Feb 01, 2020
In other words, they're covertly calling for the emergence of Àmọ̀tẹ́kùn..

Post No Bill

3 Likes

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by completeskills: 11:41am On Feb 01, 2020
Nice move. ..I thought a redeemed pastor is a part of the said Government. He should resign if he feels his government is failing Nigerians.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by shadeyinka(m): 11:41am On Feb 01, 2020
Good development. CAN should note that this is what we expect of them.

If CAN did this before the election, Lear would have been free and out by now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by berrystunn(m): 11:41am On Feb 01, 2020
Someone will tell me that PDP paid them 500 each. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by bunnae(f): 11:41am On Feb 01, 2020
FastestGirl:
Its a welcome development.. Christains are to docile
Happy birthday to you.

2 Likes

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by sagitariusbaby(m): 11:41am On Feb 01, 2020
After many backlash against Adeboye for his aloofness over what's happening in the country. Its never too late to act.

5 Likes

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 01, 2020
shadeyinka:
Good development. CAN should note that this is what we expect of them

Other churches should join this sunday

4 Likes

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by amazon14: 11:42am On Feb 01, 2020
ghettokid1:
Tear Gass Awaits Them.

That tear gas awaits you and the members of your family. Amen.

Anuofia

8 Likes

Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by selemempe: 11:42am On Feb 01, 2020
Buhari should arrest the idiots at once
Re: RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday by Corrections: 11:42am On Feb 01, 2020
Good development this LONG OVERDUE...... Christians cannot continue to be sacrificial lamp in the hand of ISLAMIC jihadist.

Ecclesiastes 7:17. 1peter 5:8 and. Ecclesiastes. 7 : 19

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card / First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare / Apostle Suleman ‘Considering’ Standing As Omoyele Sowore’s Surety

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.