Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

General Advice On .com.ng And .ng Domains - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / General Advice On .com.ng And .ng Domains (694 Views)

Best .ng and .ng.com Registrar / Who Enlighten Me The Difference Between (com.ng) And (ng) / Nigeria .ng Domains Hit 100,973 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

General Advice On .com.ng And .ng Domains by RealTrump: 1:59pm On Feb 01, 2020
I would like to start a project primarily targeted at Nigerians.

1. Is there any advantage to using .com.ng as compared to .ng domains.

2. Should I just use .com domain and point my site to Nigeria

Personally, I don't think a .ng domain can justify its crazy price since I intend to register the domain for around 5 years at a go.

I would like people to elaborate on these two points especially if there are any SEO benefits.

3. Also, where is the most reliable place to register a .com.ng or a .ng domain? Not hosting o.

I hear rumors of Nigerian domain registrar stealing your domain.

Thanks.
Re: General Advice On .com.ng And .ng Domains by akposking(m): 5:46pm On Feb 01, 2020
Register your domain with a foreign domain company like namecheap or namesilo or perhaps godaddy.

As for the com.ng or .ng, since you are dealing with only nigeria audience then .ng would go well however, .com.ng is not bad if you do not have the capital for .ng domain. If you ask me both serve as same thing is just that one is a second tier country level domain. My last bullet, .ng look more professional from a trust and corporate perspective. If you intend to sell products of any kind or try to offer any form of services later then .ng domain would be better off.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Growing Views On Whatsapp / Can I Host Two Forum On One Shared Host Account.. / I Need Chirman : Please Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.