Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Featured Five Web Apps Developed By Moat Academy's Participants In 2019 - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Featured Five Web Apps Developed By Moat Academy's Participants In 2019 (1148 Views)

Coding Demo Day: Some Web Apps Developed At Moat Academy Coding Boot Camp / 36 Moat Academy Alumni Honored With Achievement Awards / Coding Demo Day At Moat Academy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Featured Five Web Apps Developed By Moat Academy's Participants In 2019 by moatacad: 3:26pm On Feb 01, 2020
Moat Academy (www.moatacademy.com) is a software developer hotbed; we have created an environment that fosters rapid growth and high performance to make our participants become remarkable developers within a short period of time.

While our participants are still at the academy, they come up with various ideas which they develop to software products as a demonstration of the skills they acquire from the programme.

Among the web applications developed during our 2019 boot camps are the following five selected enterprising web applications as presented by the participants on their respective last day at the boot camp.

Zenus, Cooperative Management Software by Gbolahan
It is a Cooperative Society Management Application that allows creation of account for members and for them to carry out activities such as savings, loan requests and repayments, withdrawals with Authorization (transaction approvals) done by the Admin like a typical core banking application. The generation of various reports (such as account statement) is available, enabling transparency and accountability of the societies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYzhfM4Vwaw

Gbolahan developed Zenus Cooperative Software to help cooperative societies manage their Members easily, maintain transparency and increase accountability.
Technology Stack: Python, Flask Framework, AJAX, JavaScript/jQuery, MySQL, Bootstrap, CSS , HTML
API Consumed: Paystack

Unilancer, freelancing Platform by Dika
Unilancer is a one-stop shop where skilled university students can showcase their skills and create service/product offerings (called gig) and prospective clients /customers can transact business with them through it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvdrEcpPeAs

Dika built Unilancer (http://unilancerpro.com/) so that skilled university students will be able to generate wealth even while they are still on campus.
Technology Stack: PHP OOP, AJAX, JavaScript/ jQuery, bootstrap, CSS , HTML

Mypayview, Escrow Service by Kenneth
Mypayview is an Escrow Service application developed to act as a trusted third party that collects, holds, and disburses funds when both a buyer and the seller are satisfied with their business terms with the aim of increasing the assurance of payment in a business transaction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbf1Eo6NQG8

Kenneth built Mypayview to solve trust issues that have been an Achilles heel of E-commerce
Technology Stack: Python, Flask Framework, AJAX , JavaScript/ jQuery, bootstrap, CSS , HTML

Foodie, Food Ordering System by Praise
Foodie, an online food ordering application that can be customized for any food vendor/restaurant to display their menu thus allowing prospective customers to place order at their convenience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0bUujhH618

Praise hopes to solve the problem of long queues at restaurants with Foodie
Technology Stack: PHP OOP, AJAX , JavaScript /jQuery, Bootstrap, CSS , HTML

Get Caregivers, Health care Delivery Platform by Olanrewaju
Get Caregivers (http://getcgs.com/) is a web application that provides easy access for the users to hire caregivers (trained professionals and other individuals) at the comfort of their homes while creating employment opportunities for this category of professionals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a58BhiP7YBA

Olanrewaju wants to enhance access to good healthcare delivery and provide employment opportunities for youth with Get Caregivers
Technology Stack: PHP OOP, AJAX, JavaScript /jQuery, bootstrap, CSS , HTML

Are you interested in acquiring software development skills to the proficiency level of developing enterprising web apps on your own?
Join us as we raise new set of remarkable software developers in 2020 by applying on www.moatacademy.com

Commencement Date: March 30, 2020
Duration: 12 weeks, Monday to Friday (9am to 3pm)
Re: Featured Five Web Apps Developed By Moat Academy's Participants In 2019 by moatacad: 1:24pm On Feb 06, 2020
An excerpt of the interview with one of the ex-participants featured above:

Our alumnus, Kenneth Onaiwu speaks on life during and after the boot camp

“…I’ve hosted my first application which helps more that fifteen thousand applicants and a university administrative body manage their screening process”- Kenneth

Moat Academy: Why did you choose Moat Academy for Developers?
Kenneth: At first, I chose Moat Academy because the training syllabus is rich, and the price tag is quite affordable. From my observation, I realized that the training environment is satisfying, and the tutors are widely experienced in their various fields and their training skills are awesome.

Moat Academy: How has things changed for you since gaining the software development skills?
Kenneth: Software development is a very attractive course because the world is gradually upgrading from the traditional ways of life into an automated process. From my experience so far, I realized that any software application built to tackle and solve a problem in our society is 100% welcome and appreciated by the society. After gaining my software development skills with the help of Moat Academy, I realized that commitment is a very serious task that must be considered to enable us accomplish a particular project, time management and self discipline is a big project on its own; how I was able to accomplish and launch my first application was by the grace of God, but I have taken a decision to always be a manager of myself and my activities.

Implementation is not as easy as it was during my training, though my mindset then was that my tutors were pushing us so hard within a short period of time, but being in the field with no tutor to help me manage my time and project is very demanding and confusing, I’ve been very careful.

Moat Academy: What was your biggest fear before coming to Moat Academy and what do you feel about it now?
Kenneth: My biggest fear was to work on an application on my own and to enable it to be accessed worldwide, thanks to Moat Academy’s commitment in my dream. Today, I’ve hosted my first application which helps more that fifteen thousand applicants and a university administrative body manage their screening process. The appreciation/recommendation after using the application is beautiful and encouraging.

Moat Academy: How will you describe your experience at Moat Academy?
Kenneth: Studying with more than 10 intelligent people in my cohort is not an easy task, most especially when you are not getting a particular line of code and others are done with it. But these challenges are what actually brought us closer and stronger together. Thanks to the tutors who always gave listening ears; they always guide and encourage me; I can’t stop thanking them.

The unstoppable weekend projects really gave me a lot of sleepless nights - during my training, I was in a different world, my relationship with friends was cut down to the minimum, most of my friends thought I was purposely avoiding them, they couldn’t understand that I was in the war front of software development. All these experiences are not wasted, and they are actually the fuel to my dream.

Moat Academy: What have been able to achieve with the training?
Kenneth: I’ve achieved so much from the training; Self-confidence, project management, debugging skills, project hosting, development/implementation of complicated application from scratch.

Moat Academy: What advice do you have for those coming into Moat Academy?
Kenneth: Like what a wise man will always say; you have to unlearn to learn. Don’t compete with your colleagues in class, compete with your doubts/fears. Don’t keep malice in a learning environment, always carry an open heart. Malice and anger can only discourage you and you might end up forgetting your initial purpose of learning. What brought you to Moat Academy is nothing compare to what you can achieve after your course.

Moat Academy: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Kenneth: I see myself developing and implementing an application that we need in our nation.
Re: Featured Five Web Apps Developed By Moat Academy's Participants In 2019 by gbolly1151(m): 6:53pm On Feb 06, 2020
Where are you located?
Re: Featured Five Web Apps Developed By Moat Academy's Participants In 2019 by moatacad: 9:11am On Feb 07, 2020
@Gbolly1151 , we are at Opebi ( next to Allen Avenue), Lagos State. Please see our website, www.moatacademy.com for more information.
Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Join And Learn How To Make Money On A New Blog For Free / What Are Your Thoughts On Building A Utility Bill Payment Web And Mobile App? / Stop Advising People To Start Learning Programming With HTML And CSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.