Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 (6829 Views)

Open Heaven 20 January 2020- Children Of God Are Peacemakers I / Our Mother Is Not A Witch; Children Of Woman "Who Fell From The Sky",Say. Photos / Blessed Are Peacemakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by kpakpandoN(m): 7:20pm On Feb 01, 2020
A Peacemaker is a person who pursues peace at all times. When the fellow is offended, his response to the offender is to ensure that peace reigns. Sometimes, they take all the blame and suffer some consequences, but they are happy at the end of the day because all they are after is peace. Also, when they see other people in a quarrel, they intervene to ensure that they make peace with each other. God loves these people so much; Jesus specifically said that they will be called the children of God. Of course, they will be called the children of God because Jesus Christ is the prince of Peace.

Now, if the peacemaker is a child of God, then whose child is the troublemaker? When you always choose quarrel over peace, who do you resemble? A troublemaker may not know it, but he is not a child of God as he does not exhibit the characteristics of God, rather those of the devil. If whenever you see two people quarrelling, you begin to say things that would fuel the anger of one or the other and cause the quarrel to become more heated, you are a troublemaker. If you have a reputation of always retaliating against anyone who offends you, you are a troublemaker. If you are one who likes to cause quarrels amongst your colleagues, friends or family members, then you are a troublemaker; you need to repent and change your ways.

Many times, we want to make peace, but we don’t want to be seen as a weakling. The reverse is however the truth. It takes strength to control one’s ego, anger and work towards peace. Hence, it is a strong but wise person that will seek peace.

Whenever you’re tempted to fight, remember that unbelievers don’t read the Bible, hence it is we the Christians that model Christ to them. If you claim that the Prince of Peace lives in you and you are the quarrelsome type, many unbelievers will not want that your ‘Prince of Peace’ to live in them. Secondly, making peace with others is one of the prerequisites to making it to heaven on the last day. Hebrews 12:14 says:

“Follow peace with all men, and holiness without which no man shall see the Lord.”
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

Re: Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by budaatum: 7:25pm On Feb 01, 2020
If one claims that the Prince of Peace lives in one and one is the quarrelsome type, then one is either lying or just ignorant of the fact that it is indeed the slave of darkness that lives in one!

Therefore!

Love one another! They that sayeth they are in the light and hateth another remaineth in darkness. Human Rights

1 Like

Re: Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by Professorcplus(m): 7:33pm On Feb 01, 2020
Re: Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by Professorcplus(m): 12:56am On Feb 02, 2020
kpakpandoN:
A Peacemaker is a person who pursues peace at all times. When the fellow is offended, his response to the offender is to ensure that peace reigns. Sometimes, they take all the blame and suffer some consequences, but they are happy at the end of the day because all they are after is peace. Also, when they see other people in a quarrel, they intervene to ensure that they make peace with each other. God loves these people so much; Jesus specifically said that they will be called the children of God. Of course, they will be called the children of God because Jesus Christ is the prince of Peace.

Now, if the peacemaker is a child of God, then whose child is the troublemaker? When you always choose quarrel over peace, who do you resemble? A troublemaker may not know it, but he is not a child of God as he does not exhibit the characteristics of God, rather those of the devil. If whenever you see two people quarrelling, you begin to say things that would fuel the anger of one or the other and cause the quarrel to become more heated, you are a troublemaker. If you have a reputation of always retaliating against anyone who offends you, you are a troublemaker. If you are one who likes to cause quarrels amongst your colleagues, friends or family members, then you are a troublemaker; you need to repent and change your ways.

Many times, we want to make peace, but we don’t want to be seen as a weakling. The reverse is however the truth. It takes strength to control one’s ego, anger and work towards peace. Hence, it is a strong but wise person that will seek peace.

Whenever you’re tempted to fight, remember that unbelievers don’t read the Bible, hence it is we the Christians that model Christ to them . If you claim that the Prince of Peace lives in you and you are the quarrelsome type, many unbelievers will not want that your ‘Prince of Peace’ to live in them. Secondly, making peace with others is one of the prerequisites to making it to heaven on the last day. Hebrews 12:14 says:
“Follow peace with all men, and holiness without which no man shall see the Lord.”

Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

IS GOD LOVING, PEACEMAKER AND JUST?
Christians think their god is a loving, peacemaker god who is merciful and just. Most of them justify it as it accordingly written in the bible which is the word of god.

Point of correction to the statement in bolded. Dont ever say unbelievers don't read the Bible, they aren't just gullible like you believers. But what does the bible say?

In Genesis 7:21-23, God drowns the entire population of the earth: men, women, children, babies, and animals. Why? Because he wanted to make peace.

In Exodus 12:29, God slaughters all Egyptian firstborn children and cattle to punish the Pharaoh. Because he wanted to make peace abi.

In 2 Samuel 12:15-18 God kills David's baby to punish David.

The Bible has dozens of examples of God committing murder, including mass murder, of unjustly punishing people and of inciting the Hebrews to kill, to take slaves and to rape.
It is plain this is not a loving god. It is a vengeful god who places a VERY LOW VALUE on human life. So why are Christians so certain that their god is a peacemaker and loving god?

Like I will always say your God is a fairly tale more of the Spiderman in the kid cartoon that his proof of existence is only in a fabble book called bible.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10794046_803734611361005678165524747127210811326464n_jpg1130fd449a3548d2dae4a857cd26d1e6

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by budaatum: 7:14am On Feb 02, 2020
Professorcplus:

Point of correction to the statement in bolded. Dont ever say unbelievers don't read the Bible, they aren't just gullible like you believers. But what does the bible say?

In Genesis 7:21-23, God drowns the entire population of the earth: men, women, children, babies, and animals. Why? Because he wanted to make peace.
I'm afraid you leave me no choice but to indeed say you don't know how to read. And you appear to be a believer, and gullible.

Just take the above. You read in a book what the writer wrote that God did and you make out the book told you God did it. Is that how reading works? You read a book and the book "says"? Do you read a newspaper and claim the newspaper "says"? Is it not the truth that the book never said anything, but you read it and undertand what you read to mean what you claim to understand?

And that's apart from a writer wrote in a book what the writer claims God did! Surely if you were not a believer, if you were a teensy weensy bit skeptical, as opposed to the gullible believer that you are, shouldn't your first question be, "how the heck did the writer know what God's motives were"? And that all apart from wondering where the writer got his or her information from!

I put it to you that the bit you reference above, like all the other bits, are for you to read and to question how it came about to be written for you to read and then to try to figure out how it could be understood, not so much that God is loving, peacemaking and just, but how the narative can possibly make you be loving peaceful abd just instead of the gullible believer that you appear to be!

It's Sunday. I hope you have a loving, peacemaking and just thing to do with your money instead of using it to buy credit to rant about a God that you read about in a book but make out said anything to you!

And p.s. Don't insult Spiderman! He does not have to exist for you to know his impact on those who read about him and his web, and those who wrote him into existence know that.

2 Likes

Re: Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by DropsMic(m): 9:21am On Feb 02, 2020
That was then...

Right now children of God are hypocrites who only worship God to "fulfill all righteousness". Basically what I'm saying is I've found out that christains who don't go to church are more Godly than those who even sleep in church.

2 Likes

Re: Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by ChristIsmyAll: 9:21am On Feb 02, 2020
God bless us

1 Like

Re: Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by IsraelOA(m): 9:21am On Feb 02, 2020
Align with the Holy Spirit and get the best leading and direction.

The Letter kills, but the spirit gives life.

1 Like

Re: Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by candidbabe(f): 9:22am On Feb 02, 2020
Following
Re: Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by AntiChristian: 9:22am On Feb 02, 2020
Peace indeed!

Matthew 10:34 Jesus said:

Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword

1 Like

Re: Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:22am On Feb 02, 2020
BLESSED ARE (WE) THE PEACEMAKERS..........

Akuruoulo:
FOR YOU SHALL BE CALLED THE CHILD OF GOD
GOD BLESS YOU REAL GOOD.
You are a great man

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by HacheNoire: 9:23am On Feb 02, 2020
grin grin grin

How I wish it is true.

The world would have been at peace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:23am On Feb 02, 2020
HacheNoire:
grin grin grin

How I wish it is true.

The world would have been at peace.
The Holy book will never lie!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by FuckDaMods: 9:23am On Feb 02, 2020
Seun why do i have to swear to be a muslim before i comment on Muslim related topics but any tom dick and harry can comment on Christian topics freely?? angry angry angry
E be like say God wan punish you!

7 Likes

Re: Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by tolumizzy(m): 9:24am On Feb 02, 2020
embarassed
Re: Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:24am On Feb 02, 2020
FuckDaMods:
Seun why do i have to swear to be a muslim before i comment on Muslim related topics but any tom dick and harry can comment on Christian topics freely?? angry angry angry
Haba shocked shocked
Moderators, kindly attend to your member urgently o.
This is seriously serious! shocked
Lalasticlala.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by saheedbadmus(m): 9:25am On Feb 02, 2020
God av mercy on us jare .. forget being children of God we human being and just bound to be wicked -heartless and uncaring .. although not everyone
Re: Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by xynerise: 9:28am On Feb 02, 2020
It doesn't mean we should just watch people slaughter us undecided
Re: Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by jospepper(m): 9:29am On Feb 02, 2020
We don't want peace, all we want is equal rights and justice.
Re: Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by supph: 9:29am On Feb 02, 2020
Yea...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 02, 2020

Re: Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by neuron100(m): 9:35am On Feb 02, 2020
Point of correction, children of God fight to put things in order.

Does Israeli not fight?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by ademidedavid(f): 9:39am On Feb 02, 2020
Most unbelievers have good heart than 95% of the so called church goers that believe they are the son of God.......not being a believer doesn't make you a devil and you going to church and making people believe you are holier than thou doesn't make you a peace maker!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by IAmSkinny: 9:41am On Feb 02, 2020
As we make this year and several years to come, let's also endeavor to check this out: https://www.nairaland.com/5660603/professional-photographer-heres-mini-portfolio
Re: Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:41am On Feb 02, 2020
This is why Fulani Herdsmen will keep slaughtering Christians up north cos of these kinda messages. Even Israel are fighting their battles and building mass destructive weapons. Kwantinue..
Re: Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 02, 2020
I agree Blessed are the peace makers and remember as a child of God you are nothing like them who rob your peace
Re: Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by cassidy1996(m): 9:43am On Feb 02, 2020
yes we are, we are the best....... non violence is the key....
Re: Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by vincentjk(m): 9:44am On Feb 02, 2020
No restrictions on comments made on christian threads posted on Sundays unlike that of Islam posted on Fridays hmm

Anyway Christianity amaka
Re: Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by cassidy1996(m): 9:45am On Feb 02, 2020
FuckDaMods:
thumbs up
Re: Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 by AgentNairaland(f): 9:45am On Feb 02, 2020
Exactly, Slave Of allah Are What ......??

Make I No Talk ooo, I No Wan Hear allah akbar On My Head

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? / Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists / For Deepsight :- True Esoteric Knowledge Of God Possessed By Humans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.