Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,203 members, 7,829,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Juventus Plan £150m World Record Move For Liverpool's Van Dijk - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Juventus Plan £150m World Record Move For Liverpool's Van Dijk (850 Views)

“In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk / Enzo Fernandez Undergoing Medical Ahead Of Record Move To Chelsea / Arsenal Fans Compare Mustafi To Liverpool’s Van Dijk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Juventus Plan £150m World Record Move For Liverpool's Van Dijk by ogbiwa: 9:10am On Feb 02, 2020
JUVENTUS are plotting a stunning £150MILLION summer swoop for Virgil van Dijk.

The Italian giants want to make the Liverpool star the world’s most expensive defender for the second time.

Virgil van Dijk joined Liverpool from Southampton for £75m in January 2018.

Having lured Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid, the Serie A club have identified Van Dijk as the man who can help them win the Champions League.

SunSport understands Van Dijk, 28, may be open to a move abroad if  runaway Prem leaders Liverpool win the title this season to add to their Champions League, Fifa Club World Cup and Uefa Super Cup  honours.

A Juve source said: “After winning a bagful of trophies with Liverpool, Juventus think he may be ready for a new challenge  at the end of the season — especially as he’s been playing in the UK for a few years.

“And the club are actively planning to make a huge bid for him in the summer.”

The Holland skipper led his country to  second place in the Nations League and was also  Ballon d’Or runner-up to Lionel Messi.

VVD last week admitted: “I’m 28 now and I want to fulfil every dream I ever had.

“Life can be short. Your career can be short as well.

“I’m enjoying playing with this team and this manager. We can’t look too far ahead. But right now, I’m enjoying it.”

Van Dijk has been the jewel in Liverpool’s defence, which has conceded just 15 Prem goals in 25 games this season.

It is understood Juve would be prepared to top the massive £142m Barcelona splashed out for Liverpool midfielder Philippe Coutinho two years ago.

Although the Catalan giants have yet to pay the Reds all of that fee.

Van Dijk became the world’s most expensive defender when he joined Liverpool from Southampton for £75m in January 2018.

That record was beaten by Harry Maguire, following his  £85m move from Leicester to Manchester United last summer.

But Juventus are ready to nearly DOUBLE that to get their man.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10872187/juventus-liverpool-virgil-van-dijk/

Lalasticlala Mynd44

Re: Juventus Plan £150m World Record Move For Liverpool's Van Dijk by logon599: 9:11am On Feb 02, 2020
I'm sorry but the only thing that jumped out at me from that article is that I've just been reminded that Harry Maguire is the world's most expensive defendershocked That's incredible.

Add that to the fact that Lingard is collecting £100k per week and Sanchez was put on £500k per week, and you just know there's someone at Old Trafford whose hobby is just signing cheques, even if the money is not his
Re: Juventus Plan £150m World Record Move For Liverpool's Van Dijk by daddytime(m): 9:15am On Feb 02, 2020
This guy is one of Wenger's biggest mistakes when he was less than £10m at Celtic, just like Ibrahimovich and Yaya Toure. A mistake that eventually led to a huge dent on all he had achieved as a manager.

A very rigid and stubborn man.

Always looked for cheap immature kids.
Re: Juventus Plan £150m World Record Move For Liverpool's Van Dijk by ghettokid1(m): 9:16am On Feb 02, 2020
Not nice

Re: Juventus Plan £150m World Record Move For Liverpool's Van Dijk by Abfinest007(m): 9:16am On Feb 02, 2020
this is madness that's how psg mancity n Madrid spoil d transfer market
Re: Juventus Plan £150m World Record Move For Liverpool's Van Dijk by Nobody: 10:06am On Feb 02, 2020
Why would Virgil leave a swashbuckling team like Liverpool to join those Zebras in that dessicated league when there are far more reasonable options available?

They should just focus on landing their birthright rather than disturb themselves over a DOA move.
Re: Juventus Plan £150m World Record Move For Liverpool's Van Dijk by EbukaHades10(m): 1:53pm On Feb 02, 2020
He'll go, but not now

Maybe when he's in his 30s

Re: Juventus Plan £150m World Record Move For Liverpool's Van Dijk by Timileyin1234(m): 3:11pm On Feb 02, 2020
Make it 230milion
Re: Juventus Plan £150m World Record Move For Liverpool's Van Dijk by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 02, 2020
They rushed and signed De lijt, they're now in a hurry to sign VVD.
Na was for Juventus o, I thought they only prefer signing players out of contract?

They made Emre Can so adamant to renew his contract with Liverpool because he thought Juventus is a title winning side and now they've thrown him out like a used condom.
Re: Juventus Plan £150m World Record Move For Liverpool's Van Dijk by Timileyin1234(m): 10:43pm On Feb 02, 2020
kingkakaone:
They rushed and signed De lijt, they're now in a hurry to sign VVD.
Na was for Juventus o, I thought they only prefer signing players out of contract?

They made Emre Can so adamant to renew his contract with Liverpool because he thought Juventus is a title winning side and now they've thrown him out like a used condom.
They wan to win champ å

(1) (Reply)

Man United Reveal Winter Break Training Plans With Ighalo, Fernandes / This Is How Cristiano Ronaldo Celebrated His Birthday / Ronaldo Gifts Sweet Mom Brand New Mercedes Car On Mothers’ Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.