Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,584 members, 7,854,498 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:51 PM

Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? (48681 Views)

Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me / Am I Being Unreasonable Or Is My Wife Selfish? / Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by blessedvisky(m): 9:14pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Thanks alot, I believe you know how these extended families behave ..
I will let her have hers but I also desperately need one.
There is this feelings that come with my job when a client sees you dropping from a bike or Uber. A job they should offer you for 1m,they will look down on you and negotiate you for 400k.
Aside the economy side of it, Families will believe we are so much in money and the responsibilities will increase

The responsibilities will increase only if you let them to!!

Say after me, 'it is my money and I'll spend as I deem fit.

Seriously though, don't give in to further pressure and emotional manipulations from people around, coz if things are tight, those people no go help you o!

3 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 03, 2020
I was going through your msg and i stop when you mention having a single car and invest in the other.

My opinion: since she is leaving alone in abj, you can let her have a car why you hustle and invest as you so mention the stress of picking up ur child and for the fact she doesn't need house help.

Bros you really try o, as you stay 4 lasgidi n your wife works in abj. Why didn't you see if there was a possibility of transfering her to lagos?.
Let her have the car but try as much as possible to bring your wife close o, newly marraige in my opinion not suppose to be far apart.

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by 2goodbobo(m): 9:28pm On Feb 03, 2020
Compromise and sacrifice is needed in marriage. Oga buy one car for now and let your wife have it.

Granted your work needs mobility but have you not been managing without the car? Consider your little baby o
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by xynniey(f): 9:36pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

There is this feelings that come with my job when a client sees you dropping from a bike or Uber. A job they should offer you for 1m,they will look down on you and negotiate you for 400k.
Aside the economy side of it, Families will believe we are so much in money and the responsibilities will increase
You both should get a car. You guys need it. Bone what extended family will think. Wld u rather make extended family happy while you both suffer it?. Your biz will have a boost with the car and las las u both will be happy
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Mydazz(m): 10:06pm On Feb 03, 2020
Paragraph 1,2 and 3 says she gets a car,...... simple!
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by TemiGod(f): 10:07pm On Feb 03, 2020
Sammyimpostor:
Please don't be selfish, she needs the car more than you. After all you have been running your business without car, so continue until you have enough money to get another car for yourself.

The day my wife put to bed I gave her my car and I started using public transport and didn't die Please be a man and look out for welfare of your family first that's why you are the head.

I've gone to bed hungry just to make my wife and kids happy and here I am typing because the hunger didn't kill me. Please learn to go all out for your family before thinking about your comfort.
Thank you

This is the sweetest thing I've read on the internet today! God bless your home!

2 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Mummymahdi(f): 10:23pm On Feb 03, 2020
kunleweb:
My dear. You don't want peace abi. You better support her fast and run and get her the car so she'll praise you more. She needs that car abeg

She is going to buy the car with her own money what she needs is only his nod to go ahead. I think if he stops her then he is very selfish

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Mummymahdi(f): 10:25pm On Feb 03, 2020
Its selfish to deny her that , after all she is going to use her own money she just needs ur approval yet u are here thinking otherwise
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by deebrain(m): 10:25pm On Feb 03, 2020
She is a lovely woman from yr write up. Give her the benefit of the doubt. Let her have her car.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:
Evening guys, please I will like to seek people's opinion concerning this issue that I have in my home.

I am a married Man with a Kid. Before marriage, my wife has a federal job outside Lagos while I run my business in Lagos. Due to Nigeria's economy, I asked her not to resign as she keeps working while I also keep on with my hustle. I have to be fair to her as she has been giving her all in this marriage and I so envy her strength to make things work despite the distance.

We had our first child last year and she is going to a year.. We both contribute financially and bring something to the table as we run 2 different homes.

I know she goes through a lot taking care of the baby without a car and I know how tedious it is for her to manage.

We are both young (I am 30 while she is 28)
We got our first few properties this January and we planning to do other things as we both bring money together to get things done.

We have plans of getting our first car within a month and my wife suddenly demanded that she also needs a car where she is due to the stress she goes through daily picking my child from creche and managing that with her own job. I asked that I employ a helper for her but she doesn't want.

She plans on getting the car within the next 2months with her own money. My issue is that I am business oriented and see it as a waste of money buying 2 cars when we can buy one and invest the money for the other one.

I am a Civil Engineer and my Job requires I get a car for mobility.
I feel guilty by trying to stop her from getting the car while I get mine and at the same time, if she get one I will also need to get.

I have been cracking my head up trying to see how we can go about it without hurting her and be fair to her as she is the best woman I can ever ask for.

What should I do, should we both get cars and let other stuffs take it course?

You are a self centred human being and doesn't deserve to live. Idiot. So you want to buy a car and be using it to go to work, while your wife that also works and also picks up the child from the crèche doesn't deserve a car?

I even blame your wife for telling you she wants to buy a car.

2 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by DedeNkem: 10:59pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:
Evening guys, please I will like to seek people's opinion concerning this issue that I have in my home.

I am a married Man with a Kid. Before marriage, my wife has a federal job outside Lagos while I run my business in Lagos. Due to Nigeria's economy, I asked her not to resign as she keeps working while I also keep on with my hustle. I have to be fair to her as she has been giving her all in this marriage and I so envy her strength to make things work despite the distance.

We had our first child last year and she is going to a year.. We both contribute financially and bring something to the table as we run 2 different homes.

I know she goes through a lot taking care of the baby without a car and I know how tedious it is for her to manage.

We got our first few properties this January and we planning to do other things as we both bring money together to get things done.

We have plans of getting our first car within a month and my wife suddenly demanded that she also needs a car where she is due to the stress she goes through daily picking my child from creche and managing that with her own job. I asked that I employ a helper for her but she doesn't want.

She plans on getting the car within the next 2months with her own money. My issue is that I am business oriented and see it as a waste of money buying 2 cars when we can buy one and invest the money for the other one.

I feel guilty by trying to stop her from getting the car while I get mine and at the same time, if she get one I will also need to get.

I have been cracking my head up trying to see how we can go about it without hurting her and be fair to her as she is the best woman I can ever ask for.

Wow! So you think and believe you need a car more than her?
If investment is more important to you than your wife's happiness, why not use your own car money to invest?!

4 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Fearcom(m): 11:30pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Hmmmm, so I should encourage us getting 2 cars within the next 3months looking at Nigeria's economy and the need to have multiple source of income?.
Waoooh, thanks for the advice!!!

Let me lend you a word of wisdom.

You don't have to buy an expensive ,fancy car. Buy something that moves, like an old model car. NOT SECOND HAND O! It can be tokunbo but a strong car like
Golf 3/Micra/or something of about 500k

Cars aren't easy to maintain. You will buy fuel, service it, buy tyres, fixwhen it get faulty, change parts when another car bashes you etc
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Agwaso: 11:50pm On Feb 03, 2020
It is very simple. Get one car for your wife, while you manage without a car. I have a friend that is a civil engineer and he does not have a car. If my friend can manage without a car, i am sure you can too. It makes big sense for your wife to be with the car since she is using it for school runs. You wouldn't want your child to be jumping okada or keke with all what is happening this days.

2 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by gbeseun(m): 1:06am On Feb 04, 2020
Buy the car yourself and give it to her bro.
Am working in different state and my wife as well work in different state and we have only one car which i gave to them(with two girls)while i manage to go round with bikes and opay.tgat wont change who you are,a man sacrifice for the famiky while the woman and children get the comfort.

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by onpoint69(m): 1:11am On Feb 04, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

oga, if you must use the first family car for your business runs, then let her get her own car to ease her mobility, as long as you guys can afford it.

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Nobody: 2:51am On Feb 04, 2020
If you want the family to have only one car, then let her be the one to have the car. After all you have been managing without the car. When she sees that you are bent on not buying another car, she might be touched to leave the car for you. If not, then the 2 of you can buy your cars and let there be peace.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Nobody: 2:54am On Feb 04, 2020
Standardkid240:
To me you're not being fair here, you sound more like an igbo man.

Please address the issue at hand and stop all these nonsense tribalism talk
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by bendazum: 3:03am On Feb 04, 2020
blaquey01:
Ftc. Follow this rule in life bro. Happy woman Happy home. If she's worth it, you can make the sacrifice.

From the narrative, she's worth it. Let her get a car then. More peace to their home.

Another issue is if she knows how to drive? If not, who will train her? Not a randy guy.

There are certain fears op is entertaining though which are hidden to ordinary eyes. Having a car could expose her to temptations. She's still young, 28, with blood in her veins.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by bendazum: 3:06am On Feb 04, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Hmmmm, so I should encourage us getting 2 cars within the next 3months looking at Nigeria's economy and the need to have multiple source of income?.

She didn't ask you to get her a car. The money is her sweat. She's entitled to it. Don't deny her of that right. You can suggest for her to get an economical car like Honda Accord.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by bendazum: 3:15am On Feb 04, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

There's no responsibilities that will increase beyond what you are willing to render freely. Will they dip their hands in your pocket? You need to mature more.

Even if you empty your whole account for them, they will still tag you stingy. Get that!
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by placeofallure(f): 5:05am On Feb 04, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Look, I want to know from the experience of older couple on here how to manage such situation.
It is her money, and I have mine but as the head of the family I don't want to hurt her knowing she does alot too.
Thanks alot though

If in sincerity you don't want to hurt her, let her and the baby have the car. You're a man, you will find your way. Waiting for a few more months to get another car will certainly not kill you. The stress a nursing -working mother goes through, only she can explain. She will carry her handbag, laptop bag, a bag for Pampers and extra clothes, a bag for groceries and the baby join, with how many hands? Do you want to kill her with stress. Your plan is to make her age quickly so side chicks can take over abi? Please reconsider. We work because of our children and many times because of our woman too especially if she's a virtuous woman like your wife. My husband can sacrifice his life for me that's why I don't joke with him. Be that to your wife too. Be wise.

3 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by pappilo(m): 5:56am On Feb 04, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Look, I want to know from the experience of older couple on here how to manage such situation.
It is her money, and I have mine but as the head of the family I don't want to hurt her knowing she does alot too.
Thanks alot though

I have never posted on this type of topics but you sound like an inbec1le.

What kind of a man stops his wife/woman with a infant from buying a car with her own money so he can use his wife's money for business but at the same time he gets himself a car?

Was your brain not functioning properly when you were typing your post? If it was it should have told you you are just a backward selfish barsteward.

4 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by blaise26abj(m): 6:23am On Feb 04, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

My man, buy her a car. I have always said I will never let my wife and child walk on the road for whatever reason in this country . Do anything to make sure they are always safe and protected .
My advice is whenever you are going for such contract meetings , rent a nice car for the whole period. I’m also a civil engineer and I understand how perception is important in negotiation in our profession .

3 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by anonimi: 6:25am On Feb 04, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Sorry but I don't understand the bold part, especially if Uber drops you.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by obi4rmhpservice: 6:49am On Feb 04, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Thanks alot though
Bros let her buy the car abeg. In fact even follow her to the car dealer the day she would want to buy the car. And also allow her be the one to drive you guys out of the lot.

You no get problem o oga. Like a poster posted earlier "happy woman, happy home".
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by grimandevil: 7:17am On Feb 04, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

At this point,car is a necessity. Get 2 cars. Nothing spoil
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by 9icetoo(m): 7:30am On Feb 04, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Get her the car. Defer the investment. Your happiness and that of your wife trumps all. She works hard. Let her also enjoy the fruit of her labour.
she needs it. And your child needs it too. Be wise.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by DaInferno(m): 7:47am On Feb 04, 2020
kunleweb:

Are you sure you're a man or a boy in a man's body. Since you have your answers, kindly explain why you created the thread

Continue running your marriage with your one man army mindset.

Smh.

sense go kill u today cheesy
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 8:07am On Feb 04, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Get a car for her: Extremely important

If at any point in time you need urgent transit, inform her & use the same car. You are a united family. Stop using the "My" word & start using the "Our" word
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Sammyimpostor: 9:13am On Feb 04, 2020
TemiGod:

This is the sweetest thing I've read on the internet today! God bless your home!

Wow, I say amen to your prayer. Your comment is already boosting my moral.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by justmi1: 9:16am On Feb 04, 2020
Why do I feel the OP is just being selfish?
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 04, 2020
Oga, why do I feel that even if she transfer come your side, na you go dey use that car pass?
Let her buy her car with her own money. It's not easy to move around with a child without owning a bike or a car.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

My Step-father Sneaked Into My Room And Made Love To Me / See The Beautiful Gift God Gave To Me Through Facebook / It Turns Me On Seeing My Wife Hurt, Sad Or In Pain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.