Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,063 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview (20473 Views)

20 Free CV Writing Apps Job Seekers Can Use / Check Out What A Guy Wore To An Interview / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:57am On Feb 03, 2020
I have done a lot of interviews searching for that dream job. Who hasn’t? I’ve also found myself on the other end enough times to know what interviewers expect from their future employees. If you’re hunting for a job and peradventure, you were lucky to get to the interview stage, then you shouldn’t blow it.

Most job applicants are so focused on getting the job, that they miss the big opportunity to learn about their prospective position. No doubt, these insights reveal what the role entails.

To the employer, asking relevant questions helps make up their mind quickly that you’re the best for the job. But asking stupid questions won’t get you anywhere. In this article, you’re going to learn five questions you must ask at a job interview. Do this well, and you’ll be smiling at the end.

1. What Will Be The Biggest Challenge For Anyone Filling This Position?

Remember, you’re not spewing this question to impress your interviewer, but to learn more about the position. This question will help the employer give you a detailed overview of what to expect in that position. You can decide to either walk away or grab the job. If you’re qualified and yet, the role seems out of your control, you can ask what assistance they offer to help tackle such a challenge.

2. Is This A New Or Existing Position In The Company?

When you ask this question, it will give birth to many related queries. If it is a new role, why was it created? If the interviewer said it is an existing role, are they adding or replacing a person, and why? If they are replacing a person, what happened to the last person? These questions will help you understand your role and how you fit into the company. Organizations create a new position to solve a new problem, while some are merely to help fasten the company’s growth.

3. Who Are The People I Will Be Collaborating With?

You need to understand that titles don’t often depict roles. One organization’s Project Coordinator can be a project manager who oversees the work of several groups in the organization. The same position can be a consulting and project-based position that is the administrative support for a single group. By knowing who you will be collaborating with, your role becomes evident.

4. What’s The Most Important Thing That I Can Accomplish In The Next 60 Days?

This question has the potential to get you a considerable remark. Why so? Well, it shows how enthusiastic and success orientated you are. In other words, it shows you off as a problem solver, which is a desirable attribute in today’s world. By asking this question, you are allowing the interview to visualize you in that position. They might not have done that before, but this question will fix that and consequently get you the job.

5. What Do You Love About Working In This Organization?

Now, this is a question that many candidates might never ask. They feel it is threatening or perhaps, out of bounds. However, the reverse is the case. This question helps you gain a personal perspective of the interview and also helps you build rapport. Remember, the purpose of these questions isn’t to brag. But to learn as much as you can about the role and organization. Bringing your egoistic self to the interview room will get you kicked out. No employer needs a rival!

Summary!

Asking the right questions will do you a lot of good. First, it corrects the wrong impression you might have created during the interviews. Secondly, you show off your personality, strengths, and vision for the role. The most important thing is asking the right questions, not just any question. Do this well, and you will become the best candidate. Do you know what that means? You already have a job. You don’t always need a big connection or an impressive degree to get a job. Sometimes, what you need is confidence and to exhibit unusual traits that would be beneficial to your position. Good luck!
https://patrickokunima.com/5-questions-job-seekers-can-ask-at-an-interview/

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:00am On Feb 03, 2020
Applicants, kindly take note.

All the very best to all the applicants out there.

We wish y'all the very best this new year.

All of us cannot be entrepreneur.

All the best guys.

Thumbs up OP!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by largehead: 7:00am On Feb 03, 2020
grin grin grin

Una don start this morning. Continue beating a dead horse grin

11 Likes

Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:01am On Feb 03, 2020
The list is not exhaustive. If you know any question a job seeker can ask at an interview, kindly contribute to the discussion.

1 Like

Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by Hypnotise: 7:01am On Feb 03, 2020
K
Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by IamMichaels: 7:02am On Feb 03, 2020
Okay nice one.. But a job that is meant for you.. All of these are not necessary

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by Formularcr7: 7:02am On Feb 03, 2020
As if that is enough.
Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by DuBLINGreenb(m): 7:02am On Feb 03, 2020
Scam these are the real questions you need.

1. Do you know who I am?

2. (If you are a nobody but your papa hol' wella) Do you know who my father is?

3. (sisters If you already have that "unku" � or family connect) let's cut to the chase, Should I tell you who sent me here?

For the rest of us the questions we should ask are

4. Am I wasting my time? (Because the people that will fill those roles have already lobbied it)

5. You guys are just lying ba$tads, you will never "get back" to me will you?

17 Likes

Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by Usenak: 7:03am On Feb 03, 2020
Crucial to know also what it pays if you get the position. You get them thinking too.
Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by Fidelarinze9(m): 7:03am On Feb 03, 2020
Ok good one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by Kingrefreshed: 7:03am On Feb 03, 2020

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by Nobody: 7:04am On Feb 03, 2020
Abeg, this is a new week... make una park well. Merit has lost it's value in this country. After applying for job, you end up discovering that those that were injected into the workforce are mediocres who end up contributing nothing tangible into the organisation. Nepotism has deprived the genius ones from getting the job... It's well known that this is a menace that has remain unabated.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by Sundaycomputer: 7:06am On Feb 03, 2020
Nice one

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by DenreleDave(m): 7:08am On Feb 03, 2020
I must ask ooo
Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by Realtalk20: 7:09am On Feb 03, 2020
post=86331722:

All the best guys.

Thumbs up OP!

Why do you feel the need to type this?

Why ruin the flow of comments with this?

Do you feel the need to always sound in charge?

You are not the owner of the forum please you are just an ordinary member neither are you a mod but you always try to sound important.

Psycology teaches that it is empty needy and unaccomplished people who always try to sound this way .

I am not saying you are any of these things just that your comments are always off , your comments never teach anything, yet it seems you always try to comment on the first page.

If I may ask, do you have a 9-5 job?

You do realize that for people to know you are not a good person at all , all they have to do is to scroll through your past comments filled with cursed and stuff right?

9 Likes

Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by ignis: 7:10am On Feb 03, 2020
Where are the jobs?

1 Like

Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by OakConsultNG: 7:10am On Feb 03, 2020
Interesting..

Meanwhile, register your Business, Church and Company with the CAC at discounted prices. Check our signature and page for more details.

Offer lasts for a limited period only.
Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by Movicq(m): 7:11am On Feb 03, 2020
Nawa

2 Likes

Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by recievesense: 7:11am On Feb 03, 2020
nice
Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by obajoey(m): 7:11am On Feb 03, 2020
Ask the interviewer what he/she has contributed to the growth of the company since he/she joined.

Con see facial expression

3 Likes

Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by Abfinest007(m): 7:12am On Feb 03, 2020
some of these questions are not important
Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by money121(m): 7:13am On Feb 03, 2020
Ok
Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by 9jamag(m): 7:14am On Feb 03, 2020
Cool questions

Are you in need of a professional, effective & affordable Website Design for your business or organization? See my signature to contact us today.
Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by classicfrank4u(m): 7:14am On Feb 03, 2020
Y
Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by qanda: 7:15am On Feb 03, 2020
Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by classicfrank4u(m): 7:18am On Feb 03, 2020
post=86331722:

All the best guys.

Thumbs up OP!

Your past has ruined you..
No matter how hard you try to sound good the evil in you still prevails grin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by Philinho(m): 7:19am On Feb 03, 2020
I'm here to learn.
Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:24am On Feb 03, 2020
Rule 2 to be successful in life : ignore miserable souls, who have nothing going on for them in life,and never ever argue with swines or throw stones at every dogs that bark at you on the road. .

They always look for people to bring down to their miserable level.
Replying criminals and slow people is a waste of time and space!

Sane and sensible Nairalanders, kindly learn from this, we know you are more in numbers than this low lives!

As usual, @[/b] always have the last laugh!

We Rise!!

@Topic, Good thread OP.
Stay blessed!

Mummymahdi:

[b]Real maturity
Thumbs up
Sir
Thank you so much MummyMahdi.
Engaging pained losers to trade words online will be stupid, that is all they want,
someone they will make as stupid as they are.
So they are better left ignored.
Regards to Baby Mahdi.
Btw, we are not Sir o! cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by dmbb: 7:25am On Feb 03, 2020
"
Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by Ekakamba: 7:25am On Feb 03, 2020
PatrickOkunima:
https://patrickokunima.com/5-questions-job-seekers-can-ask-at-an-interview/

Imagine applying for the position of an accountant and asking the firm that have been in existence for over a decade QUESTION NUMBER TWO!

OLawd! grin tongue

Re: 5 Questions Job Seekers Can Ask At An Interview by thundafire: 7:25am On Feb 03, 2020
Just make a call and u get dey job interviews dis days around the world is fake

(1) (2) (Reply)

HYINSCO... Pls.who Knows Them? / Can I Be Employed As A Full Time Staff With A 3rd Class Degree? / How Do You Feel Staying At Home On A Monday Morning? Share Your Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.