Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,334 members, 7,850,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:18 PM

Why Is There A Resurrection? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is There A Resurrection? (17510 Views)

Rccg House Fellowship Manual(sunday 8th April, 2018) Resurrection / Resurrection By Divine Intervention / Christ’s Resurrection—four Accounts, One Reality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 4:03pm On Feb 06, 2020
blueAgent:

The Hebrew term nephesh in the Old Testament and the Greek
psuche in the New Testament are sometimes translated
“soul,” but they both mean “life, person.” The different uses of
those two words help us to obtain a better understanding of
the biblical view of human nature. The confusion we face
concerning the nature of the “soul” is because of the
introduction of the Greek idea of the immortality of the “soul”
into Christian doctrine.
1. The Hebrew meaning of nephesh: In the Old Testament the
term nephesh is used in a concrete way to refer to the throat
as it relates to breathing and eating (gullet). In Isaiah 5:14* the
word nephesh is translated “appetite,” but it really means
“throat” (see also Ps. 107:9, where “the thirsty” is literally “the
dried-out throat” (nephesh ). The throat is also the instrument
of breathing (Jer. 15:9). The use of the word for the throat
indicates that nephesh expresses the idea of life and desire, in
this case for food and water. The other uses of “soul” appear
to be derived from this more concrete one.
2. The person as a being of desires: The need of the “soul” for
food, water, and breath extends to include desires and
emotions in general. In the Bible the “soul” designates the
whole person as characterized by desires, wishes, even
cravings. This emphasizes that humans are emotional beings.
Proverbs states: “The laborer’s appetite [nephesh, desires,
needs] works for him” (Prov. 16:26), that is to say, motivates
him to work. The psalmist prays, “Do not turn me over to the
desire [literally, “Do not give me up to the nephesh (desire,
greed)] of my foes” (Ps. 27:12). Jesus said, “My soul is
overwhelmed with sorrow,” that is to say, as an emotional
being I am possessed by sorrow (Mark 14:34).
3. The person as a living being: The need for air or breath
allows for “soul” to be used in the sense of life. We find such
phrases as “I took my life [nephesh] in my hands,” meaning I
risked my life (Judges 12:3; cf. Phil. 2:30); enemies “seek my
life,” or attempt to kill me (Ps. 35:4; cf. Matt. 2:20); “Your life
[psuche] will be demanded from you” (Luke 12:20). “Soul”
does not designate a part of human nature independent of the
body, but the totality of the person as a living being (Gen. 2:7).
In fact, “soul” is another way of saying “person” or “human
being.” The Lord said, “The soul [nephesh, person] who sins is
the one who will die” (Eze. 8:4). The church must contend “as
one man [psuche , person] for the faith” (Phil. 1:27). The “soul,”
as a human being, is fundamentally a self, an individual who
can in fact die. “Soul” in the Old Testament refers not only to a
living person (Gen. 2:7), but also to a dead person (Num. 5:2;
Lev. 21:11).
4. Grammatical use of “soul”: Since “soul” is used to refer to
the person as a self, the term came to be used as a pronoun
to designate a person. Abram asked Sarai to say that she was
his sister in order that “my life [literally, “my soul,”] will be
spared” (Gen. 12:13). The Hebrew way of saying “Let me
live” (1 Kings 20:32) is “Let my soul live.” The phrase “that my
soul may bless you before I die” (Gen. 27:4, NKJV) simply
means “that I may bless you.”
The word “soul” is not the best translation of the original
Hebrew and Greek terms. In the Bible the “soul” is not
immortal and cannot exist independent of the physical body.
From the point of view of biblical anthropology (the study of
human nature), the term “soul” expresses two main ideas.
First, humans are by nature creatures of desires and ongings.
Second, humans are living beings who eagerly seek to live but
are unable to acquire or preserve life by themselves. “Soul”
refers to the whole person in need of God, who is the only one
who can preserve a human being or extinguish the self forever
(Matt. 10:28). Therefore, nephesh/psuche refers to the totality
of the person as a center of life, emotions, feelings, and
longings that can be fully realized only in union with God.
*Unless otherwise noted, Bible texts are from the New
International Version.
Thank you for doing justice to this. Your other friend Piecefullove has avoided giving any answer to this simple answer.

I have two questions:
1. Does the soul connote the idea of "self/personal identity" (I, me, my etc)?
2. Would one be correct to say our soul defines our Will, Emotion and Intellect?
3. Do angels have souls?

Those are the three questions for now. Thank you.
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 4:15pm On Feb 06, 2020
blueAgent:

Spirits are alive.

Spirits have hand,legs,mouth,head.
what sets them apart from humans is that they are invisible to our ordinary eyes and have abilities that are not common to Humans.

Supernatural beings meaning they are beyond the natural being or state of being.
Thank you for the answers
1. Are angels spirits alive or inanimate?

I agree with you that spirits are alive.

2. What is the "being" in an angel?
(As you said, "supernatural being"wink
I agree that spirits have parts of the body, can move, etc

But, of God's spirit give them life, what actually is God giving life.

For a human being: when God's spirit exits, the body becomes lifeless (dead).
What happens when God's spirit leaves an angel?

You didn't answer this question well.

Thank you
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by blueAgent(m): 10:25pm On Feb 06, 2020
shadeyinka:

Thank you

Are you insinuating that Angels cannot die?

When God's spirit leaves an Angel, the Angel dies.

Angels have a beginning so they also have an end.
Only God has immortality , meaning that it is only God that cannot die.

1 Timothy 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

We are also told that Angels can die and Satan will die and ceases to exist.

Ezekiel 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. 28:16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. 28:17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. 28:18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. 28:19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by blueAgent(m): 10:31pm On Feb 06, 2020
shadeyinka:

Thank you for doing justice to this. Your other friend Piecefullove has avoided giving any answer to this simple answer.

I have two questions:
1. Does the soul connote the idea of "self/personal identity" (I, me, my etc)?
2. Would one be correct to say our soul defines our Will, Emotion and Intellect?
3. Do angels have souls?

Those are the three questions for now. Thank you.

Yes, Our soul is like our inner consciousness or I will say our indentity.
It is the totality of who we are, our perceptions,Will,desires, thoughts,reasoning,

Yes Angels should have Souls because they have free will, they are able to love or hate, obey or disobey God's command just as Satan did.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Janosky: 10:35pm On Feb 06, 2020
shadeyinka:

See how you're just bent on avoiding to answer a simple question.

Are angels not spirits according to JW doctrine? Is a spirit not just a "life giving force"?
Only if you negate your belief in these two may you avoid the question which I repeat here again.

I asked you again:
If angels are spirits (life giving force) , what is their spirit giving life since they don't have a body?
(Note: At least it could make sense to say that the life giving force of a man gives life to his body)

Pls desist from posting your personal TWISTs & claim it's JW doctrine.....

Yahweh is a spirit, is HE simply a life force?
Angels are spirits, are they simply life force?
1 Cor15:44-49, physical body exists on earth, like the first Adam.
Spiritual body (God & angels) in heaven, exposure of your fallacious twists.

Was Adam in the spirit realm before his creation on earth? Definitely No....
Yahweh breathed the life force (breath of life) into Adam and he became a living soul.
Gen2:7.Psalms 146:3,4. Psalms104:29-30. Job27:2-3 = (equal to) Ecclesiastics12:7.
The life force (in Gen2:7) returns to Yahweh who gave it &Adamu yamutu to dust....(in Eccl12:7).
"Spirit" in Eccl 12:7 is NOT a reference to spiritual body/being but to breath of life....
BlueAgent has touched on this points but you refuse to see......
Mr Shadeyinka, receive sense..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 11:10pm On Feb 06, 2020
blueAgent:

Spirits are alive.

Spirits have hand,legs,mouth,head.
what sets them apart from humans is that they are invisible to our ordinary eyes and have abilities that are not common to Humans.

Supernatural beings meaning they are beyond the natural being or state of being.
If spirits are alive, how come Jehovah's witnesses treat human spirit as inanimate (life giving force from God/breath of life)?

Is there a difference between the kind of spirit in angels and the kind of spirit in human beings?
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Janosky: 11:24pm On Feb 06, 2020
shadeyinka:

3. A
3B.

Thank you
@2 "Supernatural being" = Spiritual body/entity (in the spiritual realm, eg Angels, demons,Yahweh).

@3A.
Yahweh by means of creation, gave life to all creatures in the spiritual realm (eg angels) as well as the physical realm (eg man).
3B..
You have to understand this clearly...
When the life force (breath of life,/"spirit"wink expires ("returns to God, -the Source of Life- who gave it" ), the living soul is now dead soul.
Only God (the Source of Life) can "return" the life force /breathe of life/"spirit" back to the dead soul by means of Resurrection, that's the import of Eccl12:7.

The GREAT difference is this:
God's holy spirit is NOT the life force/"spirit" of Ecclesiastics12:7 =Gen2:7. Psalms 104:29-30. Job27:2-3.
God's spirit (that is his holy spirit) exited from king Saul, was he dead?
The life force was still in King Saul.
But the king simply lost Yahweh's approval.
1 Samuel 16:14. 18:12.
Saul was alive physically but 'dead spiritually' to Yahweh. Compare 2Tim2:16-18.1Tim1:20
*** Romans 8:10-11 explains it clearly.
Romans 8:10-11
" But if Christ is in you, your body is dead
because of sin, yet your spirit is alive
because of righteousness. 11 And if the
Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the
dead lives in you, He who raised Christ
Jesus from the dead will also give life to
your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who
dwells in you."

Rebel Angels (& human backsliders ) lose God's holy spirit & await judgment of destruction... Jude 1:6-7.Hebrew10:37-39.
Likewise, ALL who lose God's holy spirit...
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 11:54pm On Feb 06, 2020
blueAgent:

Are you insinuating that Angels cannot die?

When God's spirit leaves an Angel, the Angel dies.

Angels have a beginning so they also have an end.
Only God has immortality , meaning that it is only God that cannot die.

1 Timothy 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

We are also told that Angels can die and Satan will die and ceases to exist.

Ezekiel 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. 28:16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. 28:17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. 28:18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. 28:19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.
This question I asked because I want you to distinguish between Gods spirit giving life to an angel and the spirit of the angel itself.

If I get the doctrine of JW well. Gods spirit is the life giving force/breath of life that gives life to the body of man. In other words the spirit in man doesn't belong to him as it's just a force that keeps him alive.

Now, angels are by themselves spirits. If they are alive, does it mean they are composed of two spirits (one the life giving force from God and second, their own spirit)?

Angels certainly have a beginning, but the Bible isn't explicit about if they can die. Ezekiel 28:12 refer to the degrading of satan not his death. And even if angels die, the question is, what kind of death
1. Spiritual Death (separation from God's)
2. Second Death.(eternal separate

The nearest scripture that may refer to death of angels is where it was said that they loved not their lives.
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by blueAgent(m): 6:49am On Feb 07, 2020
shadeyinka:

This question I asked because I want you to distinguish between Gods spirit giving life to an angel and the spirit of the angel itself.

If I get the doctrine of JW well. Gods spirit is the life giving force/breath of life that gives life to the body of man. In other words the spirit in man doesn't belong to him as it's just a force that keeps him alive.

Now, angels are by themselves spirits. If they are alive, does it mean they are composed of two spirits (one the life giving force from God and second, their own spirit)?

Angels certainly have a beginning, but the Bible isn't explicit about if they can die. Ezekiel 28:12 refer to the degrading of satan not his death. And even if angels die, the question is, what kind of death

The nearest scripture that may refer to death of angels is where it was said that they loved not their lives.

You are confusing yourself.

The Word spirits does not mean the same thing.

Angels are spirits but only exist by the power of life from God.

Ezekiel28:12 is explicitly about the end of Satan.

28:18 Thou hast
defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities,
by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a
fire from the midst of thee, it shall DEVOUR thee, and I will
bring thee to ASHES upon the earth in the sight of all them
that behold thee. 28:19 All they that know thee among the
people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror,
and never shalt thou be ANYMORE.

Check the capitalized letters do they have any other meaning less than what they say?
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by blueAgent(m): 6:54am On Feb 07, 2020
shadeyinka:

They are 2 different things Angels are called spirits because they are supernatural but there life comes from God who gives them life through his Spirit.
The spirit or life force from God is totally different from the Spirit being, they share same name but are both different things.

Angels die both spiritual and physical death( that is they cease to exist)
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by blueAgent(m): 7:03am On Feb 07, 2020
shadeyinka:

If spirits are alive, how come Jehovah's witnesses treat human spirit as inanimate (life giving force from God/breath of life)?

Is there a difference between the kind of spirit in angels and the kind of spirit in human beings?

Am not a JW so I cannot speak for them.

Secondly how long will it take you to understand that the word, spirits can meaning three different things in the Bible depending on the context in which it is used?

The word spirits can mean breathe or Gods force this one is inanimate does not have life or thoughts on its own.

Exodus 31:3 And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in
wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all
manner of workmanship,
Exodus 35:21 And they came, every one whose heart
stirred him up, and every one whom his spirit made willing,
and they brought the LORD's offering to the work of the
tabernacle of the congregation, and for all his service, and
for the holy garments.

Job 27:3 All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of
God is in my nostrils;

The word spirit can be used to refer to living supernatural being that has capacity to think, feel, love .e.g God, Angels.

Psalms 104:4 Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a
flaming fire:
John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must
worship him in spirit and in truth.
Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood,
but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers
of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness
in high places.

*Spirit can be used to refer to mind, thoughts zeal,
will,countenances,ones disposition.
Examples.
Genesis 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always
strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall
be an hundred and twenty years.
Genesis 41:8 And it came to pass in the morning that his
spirit was troubled; and he sent and called for all the
magicians of Egypt, and all the wise men thereof: and
Pharaoh told them his dream; but there was none that
could interpret them unto Pharaoh.
Psalms 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a
broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
Psalms 77:3 I remembered God, and was troubled: I
complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah.
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 7:54am On Feb 07, 2020
blueAgent:

Yes, Our soul is like our inner consciousness or I will say our indentity.
It is the totality of who we are, our perceptions,Will,desires, thoughts,reasoning,

Yes Angels should have Souls because they have free will, they are able to love or hate, obey or disobey God's command just as Satan did.
I think I agree with you here.

The soul is my self/personal identity just as my body is my physical/visible identity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 8:06am On Feb 07, 2020
Janosky:

Pls desist from posting your personal TWISTs & claim it's JW doctrine.....

Yahweh is a spirit, is HE simply a life force?
Angels are spirits, are they simply life force?
1 Cor15:44-49, physical body exists on earth, like the first Adam.
Spiritual body (God & angels) in heaven, exposure of your fallacious twists.

Was Adam in the spirit realm before his creation on earth? Definitely No....
Yahweh breathed the life force (breath of life) into Adam and he became a living soul.
Gen2:7.Psalms 146:3,4. Psalms104:29-30. Job27:2-3 = (equal to) Ecclesiastics12:7.
The life force (in Gen2:7) returns to Yahweh who gave it &Adamu yamutu to dust....(in Eccl12:7).
"Spirit" in Eccl 12:7 is NOT a reference to spiritual body/being but to breath of life....
BlueAgent has touched on this points but you refuse to see......
Mr Shadeyinka, receive sense..
Thank you Mr Janosky for coming to bail out your friend Peacefullove. Unfortunately, you did not answer the question. You have only objected to the use of life giving force and you claim it should be life force . I do not intend the assert the similarity or differences so, the question again

I asked you again:
If angels are spirits (life giving force) , what is their spirit giving life since they don't have a body?
(Note: At least it could make sense to say that the life giving force of a man gives life to his physical body)

So, the offensive word has been removed. If the life force of a man give life to the physical body, what does the life force of a spirit give life?

Thanks for your understanding
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 8:27am On Feb 07, 2020
Janosky:

@2 "Supernatural being" = Spiritual body/entity (in the spiritual realm, eg Angels, demons,Yahweh).

@3A.
Yahweh by means of creation, gave life to all creatures in the spiritual realm (eg angels) as well as the physical realm (eg man).
3B..
You have to understand this clearly...
When the life force (breath of life,/"spirit"wink expires ("returns to God, -the Source of Life- who gave it" ), the living soul is now dead soul.
Only God (the Source of Life) can "return" the life force /breathe of life/"spirit" back to the dead soul by means of Resurrection, that's the import of Eccl12:7.

The GREAT difference is this:
God's holy spirit is NOT the life force/"spirit" of Ecclesiastics12:7 =Gen2:7. Psalms 104:29-30. Job27:2-3.
God's spirit (that is his holy spirit) exited from king Saul, was he dead?
The life force was still in King Saul.
But the king simply lost Yahweh's approval.
1 Samuel 16:14. 18:12.
Saul was alive physically but 'dead spiritually' to Yahweh. Compare 2Tim2:16-18.1Tim1:20
*** Romans 8:10-11 explains it clearly.
Romans 8:10-11
" But if Christ is in you, your body is dead
because of sin, yet your spirit is alive
because of righteousness. 11 And if the
Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the
dead lives in you, He who raised Christ
Jesus from the dead will also give life to
your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who
dwells in you."

Rebel Angels (& human backsliders ) lose God's holy spirit & await judgment of destruction... Jude 1:6-7.Hebrew10:37-39.
Likewise, ALL who lose God's holy spirit...

Although the post you referenced was a response to blueAgent (doesn't apply to you:as I see that he differs from the main JW doctrine), you have raised an issue which your doctrinal position has locked you in.

From your response:
1. God's spirit is alive (supernatural being)
2. Angel's spirits are alive (supernatural beings)
3. Demon's spirits are alive (supernatural beings)
BUT
4. Human spirit is NOT alive: it is simply a life force!

Do you think the last conclusion (4) represent your view?
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by MuttleyLaff: 8:36am On Feb 07, 2020
shadeyinka:

Thank you Mr Janosky for coming to bail out your friend Peacefullove. Unfortunately, you did not answer the question. You have only objected to the use of life giving force and you claim it should be life force . I do not intend the assert the similarity or differences so, the question again

I asked you again:
(Note: At least it could make sense to say that the life giving force of a man gives life to his physical body)

So, the offensive word has been removed. If the life force of a man give life to the physical body, what does the life force of a spirit give life?

Thanks for your understanding
shadeyinka I had already advanced to you that it is only human beings required, not celestial angelic host of heavens, to have a body if and/when operating or living on earth.

Celestial angelic hosts of heaven do not require physical body in order to operate. Case in point, when the servant eyes were opened at the beclon of the prophet of God, the servant saw celestial being waiting at attention.

Foul spirits, in order to legally operate on earth take refuge in crazy demon possesed people, or objects like cemetery, trees etcetera or even animals, like a herd of pigs etcetera

Celestial angelic hosts of heaven are supernatural beings with exceptional power, strength and skills who aren't subjected to the limitations of an earthly body.

Celestial angelic host of heaven beings unless when they reveal themselves, naturally, are invisible to the opened human eye

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 8:44am On Feb 07, 2020
blueAgent:

You are confusing yourself.

The Word spirits does not mean the same thing.

Angels are spirits but only exist by the power of life from God.

Ezekiel28:12 is explicitly about the end of Satan.

28:18 Thou hast
defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities,
by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a
fire from the midst of thee, it shall DEVOUR thee, and I will
bring thee to ASHES upon the earth in the sight of all them
that behold thee. 28:19 All they that know thee among the
people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror,
and never shalt thou be ANYMORE.

Check the capitalized letters do they have any other meaning less than what they say?

I do not think that the capitalized word in Ezekiel connote DEATH. For satan is not made up of Carbon atoms hence cannot become Ashes. The scripture paint the picture of permanent humiliation and demotion of satan. Devour means destroy not annihilation.

blueAgent:

Am not a JW so I cannot speak for them.

Secondly how long will it take you to understand that the word, spirits can meaning three different things in the Bible depending on the context in which it is used?

The word spirits can mean breathe or Gods force this one is inanimate does not have life or thoughts on its own.

Exodus 31:3 And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in
wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all
manner of workmanship,
Exodus 35:21 And they came, every one whose heart
stirred him up, and every one whom his spirit made willing,
and they brought the LORD's offering to the work of the
tabernacle of the congregation, and for all his service, and
for the holy garments.

Job 27:3 All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of
God is in my nostrils;

The word spirit can be used to refer to living supernatural being that has capacity to think, feel, love .e.g God, Angels.

Psalms 104:4 Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a
flaming fire:
John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must
worship him in spirit and in truth.
Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood,
but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers
of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness
in high places.

*Spirit can be used to refer to mind, thoughts zeal,
will,countenances,ones disposition.
Examples.
Genesis 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always
strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall
be an hundred and twenty years.
Genesis 41:8 And it came to pass in the morning that his
spirit was troubled; and he sent and called for all the
magicians of Egypt, and all the wise men thereof: and
Pharaoh told them his dream; but there was none that
could interpret them unto Pharaoh.
Psalms 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a
broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
Psalms 77:3 I remembered God, and was troubled: I
complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah.

blueAgent:

They are 2 different things Angels are called spirits because they are supernatural but there life comes from God who gives them life through his Spirit.
The spirit or life force from God is totally different from the Spirit being, they share same name but are both different things.

Angels die both spiritual and physical death( that is they cease to exist)

I had assumed you were a Jehovah's Witness and I saw that some of your answers were inconsistent with JW's doctrine hence my questions to you. Your answer has now confirmed that you are not a JW.

The main difference in our ideologies is that
1. You seem to believe in annihilation of erring beings at Judgement: I do not.
For me, all spirits apart from God has a beginning but no end.
2. I don't know if you believe that consciousness exist at physical death.

Other than this, I'll give you a summary of my understanding of the difference between a spirit, soul and body

shadeyinka:

First, understand this:
The difference between your Body Soul and spirit is in their identities

Body: Your Physical Identity ( this is how physical beings recognize you)

Soul: Your Personal/Internal identity ( this is how you recognize yourself) It consists of the faculties of your Will, Emotion and Intellect. That is the part of you you call Me or I

Spirit: Your Spiritual Identity ( this is how spiritual beings recognize you eg. God, Angels, Demons etc

Death just simply means a disconnection of the UNION of the Body with the ( Soul and Spirit.)

A dead person is still alive and conscious and fully aware of himself.

The soul and spirit returns back to THE SOURCE, God for debriefing and judgement.
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Peacefullove: 10:16am On Feb 07, 2020
shadeyinka:

The problem is that even though I have asked you a number of times, you refuse to answer.
1. What is a soul?
2. Distinguish between soul and spirit

Whenever you can do that, your eyes will clear.

I like showing you scriptures because it portrays your misinterpretations.

See how you are trying to forcefully equate Soul to Life!!
So, where did the scripture say:
The Bible says, It is the Blood that makes atonement for the Soul. And you say: The soul/life of an human can't exist without blood!!?? Where?

Lev 17:11:
"For the life of the flesh [is] in the blood. And I have given it to you on the altar to make an atonement for your souls. For it [is] the blood that makes an atonement for the soul."

1. The Life of the Flesh (not the soul) is IN the blood
2. The blood is to make atonement for the soul.

Is the summary of the scripture!

grin grin grin grin grin Cognitive dissonance of shadeyinka is Too big . Who turn you to this ? Who ?

Here is Shadeyinka admitting Soul means Life .

" The Life returned into Lazarus body: and he (the body of Lazarus) lived again. " - Shadeyinka

And in his post of 9:27pm, February 05 admitted this life was a reference to soul.

" Lazarus Soul/spirit returned into his dead body and the dead body came alive "

Are you okay at all ... Can't you see you have admitted Soul is Life . All I needed for you to do now is , : What is this life ? Spirit of life/Breath of life ?
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Peacefullove: 10:23am On Feb 07, 2020
shadeyinka:

The problem is that even though I have asked you a number of times, you refuse to answer.
1. What is a soul?
2. Distinguish between soul and spirit

Whenever you can do that, your eyes will clear.

I like showing you scriptures because it portrays your misinterpretations.

See how you are trying to forcefully equate Soul to Life!!
So, where did the scripture say:
The Bible says, It is the Blood that makes atonement for the Soul. And you say: The soul/life of an human can't exist without blood!!?? Where?

Lev 17:11:
"For the life of the flesh [is] in the blood. And I have given it to you on the altar to make an atonement for your souls. For it [is] the blood that makes an atonement for the soul."

1. The Life of the Flesh (not the soul) is IN the blood
2. The blood is to make atonement for the soul.

Is the summary of the scripture!

grin grin grin grin grin Cognitive dissonance of shadeyinka is Too big . Who turn you to this ? Who ? @ highlighted

" The Life returned into Lazarus body: and he (the body of Lazarus) lived again. " - Shadeyinka

And in his post of 9:27pm, February 05 admitted this life was a reference to soul.

" Lazarus Soul/spirit returned into his dead body and the dead body came alive "

Are you okay at all ... Can't you see you have admitted Soul is Life . All I needed for you to do now is , : What is this life ? Spirit of life/Breath of life ?
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Peacefullove: 10:28am On Feb 07, 2020
shadeyinka:

Unbelievable!!!
So you are disowning the Jehovah's Witness/Watchtower Organisation!!!

Is it simply because you cannot answer the question:

Answer the Question:
If Angels are spirits (power in action/active force)
acting upon what (since they have no body)?

Please kindly answer the above question.

To help you:
(Note: At least it could make sense to say that the life giving force of a man gives life to his body)

Kindly show me where I made this claim !

Am still waiting . Janosky has came here to defend the fact that even Jehovah Witnesses don't teach such nonsense. No wonder you can't even dig up one single article written by them claiming such. Shey you don't have sense ? U will have it by force.

Provide where peacefullove made that claim .

Failure to do so, I will rubbish you on this thread as a Liar and defamator

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Peacefullove: 10:32am On Feb 07, 2020
shadeyinka:

Jesus said to that "good" thief
Today, you'll be with me in paradise!
Luk 23:43:
"And Jesus said to him, Truly I say to you, Today you shall be with Me in Paradise."

Question 1.
Is paradise the same as the grave?
Question 2.
Does that scripture mean something else other than the plain meaning?

We are not discussing Paradise. You have this bad habit of fine tuning things when you know it won't go your way.

We are discussing what exactly is the spirit that returns to God at death ... Breath of life or a personality .

Again:

At Like 23:46, Jesus said : Father into your hands I commend my Spirit , What is this spirit that return to the Father that day ? Jesus himself or his breath of life ?
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by MuttleyLaff: 10:40am On Feb 07, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
shadeyinka, just mull over what I've so far advanced and wait for when I am actively back here in the late PM. Sebi nah truth and proper understanding you want erhn? Then wait nah, it'll be worth the waiting.

shadeyinka:
Okay!

MuttleyLaff:
"Guard your heart above all else,
for it determines the course of your life
(i.e. for everything you do flows from the heart)
"
- Proverbs 4:23

"The good man brings good things out of the good treasure of his heart,
and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil treasure of his heart.
For out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks
"
- Luke 6:45

shadeyinka, I am 110% sure you'll agree and accept that, it is the Soul that is saved even Ezekiel 18:20 emphatically states that: "The soul that sinneth, it shall die.", it doesnt say its the Body or the Spirit. Now, the heart is used by the Soul but the heart definitely is not the Spirit

Let me slip this bit in, first, as a preamble. Proverbs 4:23 and Luke 6:45 above, informs us that, it's out of the abundance of the heart first, then processed in the brain or mind, before the mouth speaks. All evil intents comes forth out of the heart, as in, the heart housed in the human Body. Mark 7:21-22, paints a picture of the heart with the following: "For from within the hearts of men come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, wickedness, deceit, debauchery, envy, slander, arrogance, and foolishness" and Jeremiah 17:9 doesnt paint the heart in good light either, as it says: "The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?"

Incidentally, the verse, Psalms 51:10, informatively tells us, that the heart is linked with the mind, which is part of the Soul. The same Soul or psyche uses the heart as an outlet, to pass out or pass in things, from the Body and/or Spirit via the heart in the Soul. I'll soon below explain how it does this and/or how this works

What is man?
"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground,
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
"
- Genesis 2:7

"For the Spirit of God has made me,
and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
"
- Job 33:4

Man is a spirit being, residing or housed in a Body and possessing a Soul (i.e. a psyche). In fact, Man is made up of Body, Soul and Spirit. As a matter of fact, the Soul or psyche, has the Body and Spirit on each opposite sides of it. In a nutshell, Man essentially, is a spirit being with a Soul, housed, encapsulated, and/or wrapped up, in a human being body suit.

Genesis 2:7 and Job 33:4 above, informs us, its "ruach" the Spirit from God and "neshamah" that keeps the human body animated.

Now shadeyinka, please dont try to mix up "ruach" and "neshamah" with ordinary and/or commonplace spirits, as in meaning, dont try to mix up the Spirit of God and the breath or wind of God, with extraterrestrial beings, which is what evil and good spirits are.

Fyi, "ruach", in Hebrew, with its corresponding Greek word "pneuma" essentially and in an almost oversimplified way means force. It is breath, wind, spirit of God, all rolled in as one thing. It in a sense, is the invisible force or power of God, hence why being perceived as a Spirit, so yes, "ruach" is the Spirit of God. In fact you wont wrong in saying that "ruach" or "Ha Ruach Ha Kodesh" is the Holy Spirit, as in, the Spirit of God.

You can see both "ruach" and "neshamah" being interplayed in the creation of man from Genesis 2:7 reproduced above, and as a witness plus as a supporting verse, Job 33:4 you see reproduced above, confirms, by testifying, that, its "ruach" that made man and it is "neshamah" that gives man life

"Neshamah", incidentally, is actually derived from another Hebrew word called "nasham" that means to pant and/or blow away with air, now, when the spirit, as in, meaning, "neshamah", the breath, returns back to God, the Body slumps and the Soul goes into comatose. This looks and feels, similar to a TV animated cartoon changed and turned into a cartoon strip character, on a comic book or magazine paper. TV animated cartoon characters moves, but cartoon strip character, on a comic book or magazine paper dont move like animated cartoon characters watched on TV screens. For the life of the body is in the blood and the life of the soul is in the spirit. When the spirit leaves the body, it returns back to God, leaving the body inanimate, meaning leaves it motionless and lifeless, as in, without life or no more with life. Ecclesiastes 12:7

"Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was:
and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
"
- Ecclesiastes 12:7

Now, moving further on, the Spirit and Soul have different faculties, where the faculties of the spirit, comprises of Fellowship, Conscience, Discernment or Intuition, while the faculties of the Soul are made up of the Mind (i.e. consciousness and sub consciousness) or Intellect, Will or Freewill, and Emotions. The Body is not left out, it has 5 faculties of senses, and these are, sight, as in to see via the eyes, hearing, as in hear via the ears, touch, as in, feel via applicable part of the body, smell, as in, perceive via the nose and last but not the least, taste, as in, sense with the mouth.

The Body is worldly conscious and relates to the environment and its surroundings, the Soul is self conscious and relates to self & other people and the Spirit is God conscious and relates to God. After the death of the Body, the Soul without God, without any affinity with God, cant achieve or have eternal life

Now, remember shadeyinka, that the question was: "What is Man" Well, my intro response is, the Soul, biblically speaking, is the most important existence of Man and that is why the battle is and always has been about and over the Soul. All attacks, are ultimately targeted at and for the Soul. Now, getting started proper, the Soul is the first medium key component of Man created by God and Man is tickled and accessed through this same Soul, by way of the Body and Spirit. The Soul, as a matter of fact and in effect, is the mediator between the Body and Spirit. The Soul uses the heart, as the point from where issues are sent out and/or distributed from.

Let me elaborate and explain a bit how everything works, the different faculties in the Soul waits, to pick up signals coming from the relevant and/or applicable faculties in the Body and the Spirit. This crucial bit of information here, is very important to grasp, and it is that, the Soul receives from the Body and deposits into the Spirit. Whatever the Body reads or sees via the eyes, hears via the ears, feels via applicable part of the body, smells via the nose and talks or tastes via the mouth is picked up by the Soul and deposited into the Spirit. The Spirit then, upon receiving these things from the Soul, has to deal with or process what the Soul has deposited into the Spirit's laps.

Fya shadeyinka, please note, anywhere in the post you see "Spirit", unless it is stated otherwise, take it, to mean, as in, spirit-man, and not the Holy Spirit or Spirit of God. Thank you

Now, this here, is why regulation is very important. It is why we ought to control and oversee what the Soul is picking up from or what it is picking up with the senses. If you have to by all means, eat the chicken or fish, then its necessary to know when and how to spit out the bones, or if it's straw to eat, then know when and how to spit out the sticks, alternatively, if it's liquor to drink, and you cant hold it down so you don't throw it up, then know how or when to stay away from the liquor. Caveat emptor clause #1 done.

The devil has no power over anyone, except if such person, is in the dark, dabbling in the dark or is ignorant, so I'll advise the curious to distance themselves from dabbling into the dark, to save themselves from misery, but if hellbent on dining with the devil, then make sure you've got a long spoon to dine and eat with. Caveat emptor clause #2 done.

Resuming and back on track, now, if the Soul picks up an interaction, info, instruction, message, communication, issue etcetera from the Body, it cant interpret, then the deposit the Soul received from the Body and put into the Spirit will be unfruitful then (i.e. remember the red emboldened above hmm?) The thing here, is that, the Spirit, by the God design, knows what it expects from the Soul for positive fruition to be possible but the Soul has received from the Body something it doesnt via the Mind or Intellect understand or know about. Wahala don begin to gas be dat ooo. Now, just as in the physical, when the stomach growls, making noises for food, when nourishing is long overdue, so it is spiritually, the Spirit, intercedes for us through wordless and noiseless groans for substances necessary for growth, health and good condition

The Soul, as a conduit, a vent hole determines what the Spirit receives, but if the Soul is transferring the wrong expectations (e.g. like not praying right, not asking right, not the will of God etctera) then the Spirit, does the wordless groans. It does this because the spirit-man knows what should be prayed for, so it becomes restless with wordless groans, when the expectation(s) is not forthcoming or not in sight. The Spirit, as in, the spirit-man, is like saying: Hey Mr Soul, where are the goods I am expecting, please dont feed me with trash, junk and any of all these ungodly razzmatazz stuffs. So since the Spirit, is capable of asking and telling the Soul what it needs, the Soul just has to return back to the Body to honour the request and be asking the Body for correct or "kosher" stuff and not the crap its received

Now, if it is one of those classic cases of the Spirit, is willing BUT the Body is weak, then the Body many times will REFUSE the Soul the request of the Spirit, and here we have a typical case of struggle or power tussle going on in the Soul involving the Body and the Spirit
The Spirit , knows what it needs the Soul giving it from the Body (i.e. the Spirit tells the Soul what to do, expecting the Soul to relay this information request to the Body) but the Body, many times, is not ready or prepared to act in accordance with the wish or command of the Spirit, by giving or offering it to the Soul for the Spirit.

There is a rule, that the Spirit, cannot give to the Body righteous things it didnt receives from the Soul. Hmm, I perceive someone's going to trip at this point, so OK, here is the clarification to ward off any confusion:
The Soul passes on all righteous things it receives from the Body, if the seed is able to bear fruit and is meaningful when the Spirit receives it, the Spirit, will then fertilise the ''seed'' and return it back to the Body, via the Soul, bumper harvest fruitfully. Call it positive and welcome payback, if you like.

So, in effect, the Soul feeds the Spirit, and the Soul receives from the Spirit, to feed the Body. This is the reason, why if your mind (i.e. Soul) doesnt understand something OR anything, it would be unable to interpret, to then, successfully feed the Spirit or the Body.

shadeyinka, do you ever recoil back, when watching something gruesome happening in real life or maybe just on a TV screen slash internet, as in, like in a horror film or something? If you do, well that's your spirit, as in your spirit-man, not wanting to be needlessly grieved. Sometimes, you have to protect the gateway to your spirit-man because you might not necessarily want to relive or remember that moment, so you block any avenue, contact or link to that thing happening or going on at that moment of time. What is happening here, is you preventing your spirit-man from being fed with junk. You are protecting your heart and shielding it from receiving and/or taking in from junk. You are blocking the faculties from transferring junk to the Soul via the heart.

"Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health,
even as thy soul prospereth
"
- 3 John 1:2

As seen in 3 John 1:2 above, the Soul (i.e. the Mind (i.e. conscious and sub conscious) or Intellect, Will or Freewill, and Emotions) tops it all. Of course, the ability of the Soul to prosper or be held back to any degree, is dependent on the Spirit, getting the right detail, at which to relay back to the Body via the Soul at a latter date, future or time, as and when needed.

This is another God design, quest for quality GIGO and QIQO system set-up. GIGO is an ancroymn for "Garbage in, Garbage out" and QIQO is an ancroymn for "Quality in, Quality out" If the Soul sends in shiit to the Spirit, the Soul gets shiit back from the Spirit. It just implies that bad input by the Soul will result in bad output in return, sent back from the Spirit to the Soul. Ultimately too, the Body, at the receiving end of it all, gets the flawed and nonsense input data from the Soul, this comes by nonsense output garbage obtained from the Spirit that originally and in first place was sent in from the Soul coming from one or more of the Body's faculties (e.g. eyes, ears, touch, mouth, smell)

"For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol; Nor will You allow Your Holy One to undergo decay."
- Psalm 16:10

shadeyinka, you're too heavy to want to fall for my hand now, please dont. Biko, jor abeg. The soul of Jesus, not being left in Sheol, aka hell/hades, is King David's Psalm 16:10 prophecy being fulfilled. Everything written about Jesus, in the Law of Moses, the Prophets, and the Psalms were each and every one fulfilled, and so we have it that the soul of Jesus was not abandoned in Sheol nor His body decayed. Praise God. Alleluia.

Now, shadeyinka, when our Lord Jesus Christ resurrected, He resurrected with a glorified body. Need I go on, need I say more, if not, then I rest my case then.

After the death of the Body, the Soul without God, without any affinity with God, cant achieve or have eternal life

I guess shadeyinka that you'll agree that the devil and demons are souless, meaning they have no soul. Now, the reason why the devil and the demons are inredeemable is because of the fact that they have no souls. The devil and the demons, are not able to be saved, be improved, or be corrected because of the mere fact that they lack a soul. The devil and the demons, to start with, unlike human beings, havent got diddly squat souls to make better, to improve upon, to make more desirable, satisfactory and/or effective.

God doesnt have a soul, heart, eyes, legs, hands ears, etcetera literally as we human being and/or we terrestrial beings do physically have
There you have it all shadeyinka, a detailed breakdown and the functional dynamics between the body, soul and spirit, lol. Now I suppose here is the juncture, where you bring out the daggers, lol
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Peacefullove: 10:59am On Feb 07, 2020
shadeyinka:

When you don't understand the scripture you quote:

John 2:19,21-22:
"Jesus answered and said to them, Destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up . … But He spoke of the temple of His body. Therefore when He had risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this to them, and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had said."

Question 1:
Which body was Jesus speaking of?

The same body he asked them to destroy . Which function with blood .

Question 2:
The phrase "I will raise it up" is refering to what?

Raisin Up what is destroyed. ,
You twisters claim he was raised with a human body without blood , is that the one that was destroyed ?

Don't forget the reason we are at this point is because of Debunking your claim that Rev 20:4 is a reference to Human bodies coming to live and ruling with Jesus in heaven. Human body( flesh and blood) can't occupy God's kingdom according to the Bible.

Except you are beyond redemption will you lie about what the above means.

I am amazed at the depth of your brainwashing.
You are justifying a spirit who can be touched, seen and eat and still is a spirit!!??

And am amazed you are so blind you couldn't see that angels did all these things in the past . It's called Materialization

Have sense

It's only a materialized Spirit that will eat and won't need to excrete feaces cos the body was borrowed just to be visible.

But if an human eats , they must excrete feaces . whosever claims Jesus did not materialize but was raised with human body must accept he will Excerete the Fish he ate . Matt 15:17

Question 3.
Define the term spirit?

Spirit of LIFE In man and animals is the Breath OF LIFE.

Spirit when reffering to heavenly beings means Intelligent person's that are not made of physical properties.

Question 4.
What is a glorified body if you believe it exists?
A Spirit body that has no *Defect

How can you call a body with wounds glorified ? Are you okay ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 11:15am On Feb 07, 2020
Peacefullove:

grin grin grin grin grin Cognitive dissonance of shadeyinka is Too big . Who turn you to this ? Who ?

Please quietly answer the question

1. What is a soul?
2. Distinguish between soul and spirit?
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 11:18am On Feb 07, 2020
Peacefullove:

Kindly show me where I made this claim !

Am still waiting . Janosky has came here to defend the fact that even Jehovah Witnesses don't teach such nonsense. No wonder you can't even dig up one single article written by them claiming such. Shey you don't have sense ? U will have it by force.

Provide where peacefullove made that claim .

Failure to do so, I will rubbish you on this thread as a Liar and defamator
What is a spirit?

Please answer the question:
Answer the Question:
If Angels are spirits (power in action/active force) acting upon what (since they have no body)?

Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 11:19am On Feb 07, 2020
Peacefullove:

We are not discussing Paradise. You have this bad habit of fine tuning things when you know it won't go your way.

We are discussing what exactly is the spirit that returns to God at death ... Breath of life or a personality .

Again:

At Like 23:46, Jesus said : Father into your hands I commend my Spirit , What is this spirit that return to the Father that day ? Jesus himself or his breath of life ?
Consistently dodging answering questions as usual

"And Jesus said to him, Truly I say to you, Today you shall be with Me in Paradise."

Question 1.
Question 2.
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 11:28am On Feb 07, 2020
Peacefullove:

The same body he asked them to destroy . Which function with blood .

Raisin Up what is destroyed. ,
You twisters claim he was raised with a human body without blood , is that the one that was destroyed ?

Don't forget the reason we are at this point is because of Debunking your claim that Rev 20:4 is a reference to Human bodies coming to live and ruling with Jesus in heaven. Human body( flesh and blood) can't occupy God's kingdom according to the Bible.

And am amazed you are so blind you couldn't see that angels did all these things in the past . It's called Materialization

Have sense

It's only a materialized Spirit that will eat and won't need to excrete feaces cos the body was borrowed just to be visible.

But if an human eats , they must excrete feaces . whosever claims Jesus did not materialize but was raised with human body must accept he will Excerete the Fish he ate . Matt 15:17

Spirit of LIFE In man and animals is the Breath OF LIFE.

Spirit when reffering to heavenly beings means Intelligent person's that are not made of physical properties.

A Spirit body that has no *Defect

How can you call a body with wounds glorified ? Are you okay ?

Just two questions to settle this:
You claim that at resurrection, Jesus was just a materialised spirit.
If this is correct,
1. What happened to Jesus's body?
(Did it decay or vanished or stolen etc)

2. If Jesus was a materialised body, why did His body bear the marks of crucifixion?
John 20:20:
"And when He had said this, He showed them [His] hands and His side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord."

John 20:27:
"Then He said to Thomas, Reach your finger here and behold My hands; and reach your hand here and thrust [it] into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing."

At least we know that Jesus spirit wasn't crucified so his spirit shouldn't have marks of "damage".
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Peacefullove: 11:33am On Feb 07, 2020
shadeyinka:

Please quietly answer the question

1. What is a soul?
2. Distinguish between soul and spirit?

If I hadn't , you won't have said am forcefully equating Soul to mean life.

And am pointing to you that you are doing the exact same thing.

Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Peacefullove: 11:39am On Feb 07, 2020
shadeyinka:

Consistently dodging answering questions as usual

Question 1.
Question 2.

Please stick with context . I called you out for saying Lazarus soul / spirit return and at the same time saying Lazarus life returns .

We are not discussing PARADISE but the IDENTITY of what returns to God at death.

What exactly returned to the Father when Jesus died and commend his Spirit to his Father, Jesus himself or his breath of life ?
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Peacefullove: 11:42am On Feb 07, 2020
shadeyinka:

What is a spirit?

Please answer the question:
Answer the Question:
If Angels are spirits (power in action/active force) acting upon what (since they have no body)?

Liar, provide where I made the claim that angels are power in action .

Is that too hard ?
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Peacefullove: 11:51am On Feb 07, 2020
shadeyinka:

Just two questions to settle this:
If this is correct,

2. If Jesus was a materialised body, why did His body bear the marks of crucifixion?
"And when He had said this, He showed them [His] hands and His side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord."

John 20:27:
"Then He said to Thomas, Reach your finger here and behold My hands; and reach your hand here and thrust [it] into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing."

At least we know that Jesus spirit wasn't crucified so his spirit shouldn't have marks of "damage".

You must address this red part, as it's the sole reason for your confusion.

What is the spirit of Jesus that returned to his Father when he died ? Jesus himself of breath of life ?
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 12:47pm On Feb 07, 2020
Peacefullove:

Please stick with context . I called you out for saying Lazarus soul / spirit return and at the same time saying Lazarus life returns .

We are not discussing PARADISE but the IDENTITY of what returns to God at death.

What exactly returned to the Father when Jesus died and commend his Spirit to his Father, Jesus himself or his breath of life ?

Peacefullove:

You must address this red part, as it's the sole reason for your confusion.

What is the spirit of Jesus that returned to his Father when he died ? Jesus himself of breath of life ?

Peacefullove:

I have striped everything out just to limit it to simple questions. But as far as I can see, you do not want to betray your ignorance by answering them.
Just a few questions to settle this:
If this is correct,

3. If Angels are spirits (power in action/active force) acting upon what (since they have no body)?

4a. What is a soul?
b. Distinguish between soul and spirit?
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Peacefullove: 1:26pm On Feb 07, 2020
shadeyinka:

I have striped everything out just to limit it to simple questions. But as far as I can see, you do not want to betray your ignorance by answering them.
Just a few questions to settle this:

I claim, Did I prove it or not ?

If Jesus isn't a materialized spirit,
Do you accept he will Xcrete the Fish he ate ?

I gave proof, don't call it claim but FACT

If this is correct,

Bible didn't say .

But he didn't materialize with that body. FaCT .

Show me one single instance he was recognized FACIALLY ? Proving he appeared with unfamiliar faces

Do you know what it means to Materialize ? If only your senses could imagine how Angels who came to earth get to have penis . You would know a materialized spirit can have any marks they want.

a glorified body has no Defect . Jesus can't have wounds .

3. If Angels are spirits (power in action/active force) acting upon what (since they have no body)?

There is a difference between having Spirit of life and being a Spirit person.

Go back to that Jesus question on what happened the moment he commit his Spirit to his father to get the difference .

There are earthly bodies and there are heavenly bodies . And you still claim angels don't have body ? Spiritual body.

That differentiate them from a person having Spirit of life

4a. What is a soul?

b. Distinguish between soul and spirit?

Spirit of life means breath of life .

Soul = Body + breath of life . ( gen 2:7)

According to your post which I highlighted you equate Soul/spirit with breath of life .

Exposing you

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

December 31 Without Crossover Service.. / God Hasn’t Told Me There’s Going To Be Election Next Year – Adeboye / God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 265
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.