Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue (4287 Views)

See The Oranges I Bought For N600 In Benue / ‘how To Preserve Beans, Grains Without Poisonous Chemicals’ / Bambara Beans Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by benuejosh: 10:27pm On Feb 03, 2020
With a humility, I can proudly say I love agriculture all that has to do with Agro.

So early this year I decided go do some investments. I decided to take the Dantata way as it was written here.

https://www.nairaland.com/891985/dantata-dangote-story-how-create

Since it is what I am familiar with and have loved to do so, reading the story here inspired me even more. So I took the bold step to do the investment after detailed investigation and market survey.

NOTE: I decided to buy grains for storage to sell at a higher price when the product is no longer in the market.

Follow the thread as I give you the download of it all. And I will give answers to questions where necessary.

2 Likes

Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by benuejosh: 10:52pm On Feb 03, 2020
On 10th of January I decided to gather all the money I had around me, I also decided to sell some properties to add up the money.

My selling of property was a personal conviction to do. I won't advise you follow same, I sold because I can conveniently do and live without them. I AM NOT ADVISING ANYONE TO SELL PROPERTY if you will want to do that, then it should be something you can still live comfortable without. DO NOT GO AND SELL PROPERTY BECAUSE I DID. PLEASE

On the 11th of January I took off from Makurdi (my place of residence, the state capital) to kwande local government to do my purchase of bambara nuts grains. This particular market I went to in kwande holds only Saturdays.

Benue state is called the food basket of the nation, however, different agro products are farmed/produced in different parts of the state, every local government has what it does very well at. Bambabara nuts do excellently well in kwande amongst many other agro products that do well there. So my decision to go to kwande local government was based on the fact that kwande produces the highest quantity of it and it is well cheaper there. The best place to get bambara nuts in benue is Kwande. This also happens to be my Local Government.

2 Likes

Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by benuejosh: 11:36pm On Feb 03, 2020
I left Makurdi very early in the morning of 11th January which was a staturday because if you get there late plenty buyers must have come the market to buy and so your time will be delayed. I left the park as early as 6am for a journey of about 3:30min. But due to bad road I arrived few minutes after 10am and then went straight to meet those who had the product I was looking for, paid for it.

POINTS TO NOTE
1. Transport from Makurdi to the market per human is approximately N3000 ( going = N1,200; from N1,500; Miscellaneous N300. Just incase you want to buy snacks or something)

2.There are special sacks for bambara nuts in the market. If you look at the sacks it is clearly written BENUE SACK. Size 27. And the sack is sold for N300. You MUST buy the sack. That is what they measure you grains into and sew.

3. Cost of grains per bag as at when I bought was N16,000 and as at yesterday the price still remained with that range.

4. The price of Bambara-nuts have times and times without numbers risen to has high as N45,000-N50,000 per bag when it is out of stock in the market. YOU CAN AS WELL CARRY OUT YOUR INVESTIGATIONS INDEPENDENTLY

5. Bambara-nuts are not just the best grains for storage. There are others too. I will try the other ones later this year.

1 Like

Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by benuejosh: 11:49pm On Feb 03, 2020
Bambara-nuts are harvested from second week of November. Almost everyone harvest his or her products to sell at that point. Best period to buy is during harvest and best time during harvest is the last market before Christmas. Understand why abi? Everyone wants to buy something to celebrate Christmas. And also, first week January to second week of January when schools are resuming. Understand why? People need to send kids and children to school, school has resumed, school fees needs to be paid. Soon after January and early February, prices start going high especially. Prices then skyrocket when the rain sets in and its farming season sets in, by then it is no longer in the market so people who stored start bringing it out to sell.

2 Likes

Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by benuejosh: 11:52pm On Feb 03, 2020
More photos...

People bring the products in their own sacks before it is turned into the special Bambara-nuts sacks (BENUE SACK)

Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by benuejosh: 12:02am On Feb 04, 2020
More...

Bambara-nuts has a special way of storage. When properly stored, it stays for a very long time.

NOTE:
Bambara-nuts DON'T fall in prices, money invested is always returned no matter what. The only thing that can give you poor sales is if you don't store it in a proper way, of which it is very simple and easy to store.

I will be in the comment section to answers questions. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by benuejosh: 12:03am On Feb 04, 2020
More...

Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by benuejosh: 12:06am On Feb 04, 2020
The grains for storage are of two types, the ones with the bark On them and the peeled. I bought the peeled because the ones with the bark can only be gotten during harvest which is between november and december

Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by moriss33(m): 12:19am On Feb 04, 2020
Boss, ah go like join you in this business

1 Like

Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by benuejosh: 12:22am On Feb 04, 2020
moriss33:
Boss, ah go like join you in this business
you're welcome bro. The room is open to all and there's enough space too.

Pavore9 and FarmTech you're both welcome to benue too. The food basket of the nation.

3 Likes

Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by moriss33(m): 12:23am On Feb 04, 2020
Problem is....ah no get customer to buy am from me as na my firsttime
benuejosh:
you're welcome the room is open to all and there's enough space too.

Pavore9 and FarmTech you're both welcome to benue too. The food basket of the nation.
Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by benuejosh: 12:26am On Feb 04, 2020
moriss33:
Problem is....ah no get customer to buy am from me as na my firsttime
The market sir. Resell at the market. People are always there to buy.
Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by delawal: 12:29am On Feb 04, 2020
nice thread. following
Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by moriss33(m): 12:31am On Feb 04, 2020
Check ur mails pls
benuejosh:
Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by benuejosh: 12:40am On Feb 04, 2020
moriss33:
Check ur mails pls
replied.
Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by stagger: 2:03am On Feb 04, 2020
benuejosh:

What do those who reside outside Benue do? Is it practical to pay for warehouse space and store your product close to the market for resale? I ask this because we have seen someone in the egusi section who asked people to do this and then later, we started hearing things like "fire gutted the place", "communal crisis", etc.

3 Likes

Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by Pavore9: 4:35am On Feb 04, 2020
benuejosh:

Nice one. Bambara nuts (Okpa by the igbos) has always been a premium crop.

This section has before now had threads of similar produce buying and storage that started as yours but ended up being riddled with fraud and allegations of fraud. Be guided.

4 Likes

Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by benuejosh: 6:54am On Feb 04, 2020
Pavore9:

Nice one. Bambara nuts (Okpa by the igbos) has always been a premium crop.

This section has before now had threads of similar produce buying and storage that started as yours but ended up being riddled with fraud and allegations of fraud. Be guided.

Thanks a lot for the information.

2 Likes

Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by benuejosh: 7:02am On Feb 04, 2020
stagger:

What do those who reside outside Benue do? Is it practical to pay for warehouse space and store your product close to the market for resale? I ask this because we have seen someone in the egusi section who asked people to do this and then later, we started hearing things like "fire gutted the place", "communal crisis", etc.
There are warehouse space(s) that you can pay for. But myself i didn't go the warehouse route, since I am resident here. But for anyone who will come to buy, he or she will negotiate with the owners of warehouse for space and then your products can be kept there.
Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by wisdomhuz: 5:26pm On Feb 04, 2020
Interested but don't know this place you are talking about too well. Although I have stayed in Gboko before.
Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by benuejosh: 7:51am On Feb 05, 2020
wisdomhuz:
Interested but don't know this place you are talking about too well. Although I have stayed in Gboko before.
after gboko as if you're going to Taraba state. from gboko to the place should take about 2hours or even less due to bad road.
Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by fini22(m): 11:54am On Feb 05, 2020
benuejosh:

How can be reached sir ?
Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by benuejosh: 12:36pm On Feb 05, 2020
fini22:
How can be reached sir ?
replied your mail
Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by Atlanticfire: 12:50pm On Feb 05, 2020
What is bambara nuts?

Is it a type of beans?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by MrSix: 12:51am On Mar 10, 2020
stagger:

Boss...

Please, I'd love to have your phone number so I can chat you up on WhatsApp biko. If you can't display it here, use the link on my signature or respond to my mail.

I'd be grateful. Thanks
Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by okoroemeka(m): 2:09am On Mar 10, 2020
@benuejosh,I have lived in your area and worked with benue cement at vandikaya for some time,I really love this storage deal,pls can I contact you to get more insight my WhatsApp no 08119942049,
Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by fubongfoodies: 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2020
@benuejosh. I sent you a PM, INTERESTED IN SOME Bambara nut. Pls reply
Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by Boldtouch: 8:07pm On Mar 28, 2020
benuejosh:
More...

Bambara-nuts has a special way of storage. When properly stored, it stays for a very long time.

NOTE:
Bambara-nuts DON'T fall in prices, money invested is always returned no matter what. The only thing that can give you poor sales is if you don't store it in a proper way, of which it is very simple and easy to store.

I will be in the comment section to answers questions. Thanks.
I am very familiar with Barbara Nuts and how delicate it is if one is not very careful with the process of treatment for storage considering the fact that one maybe thinking of handling over a 100 bags!
So if I may humbly ask, how do you handle Bambara Nuts for storage in considerable quantity?
Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by okoroemeka(m): 8:48pm On Mar 28, 2020
Boldtouch:

I am very familiar with Barbara Nuts and how delicate it is if one is not very careful with the process of treatment for storage considering the fact that one maybe thinking of handling over a 100 bags!
So if I may humbly ask, how do you handle Bambara Nuts for storage in considerable quantity?
I will be quite surprised if you get an answer to that question on an open forum like this,it will be on a need to know basis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by Sambai65(m): 2:17pm On Jul 05, 2020
@benuejosh what is update on your bambara nut storage
Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by okoroemeka(m): 3:39pm On Jul 05, 2020
Sambai65:
@benuejosh what is update on your bambara nut storage
the update is that Bambara nut storage is lucrative,very lucrative,benuejosh bought his B nuts at #17000 per bag in January,I personally checked the price in anambra state 2 days ago and it was #30,000 for a bag of carro white B nuts,we are gearing for the storage next season,come hell,l come high water.
Re: My Bambara-nuts Grains Purchase In Benue by Sambai65(m): 4:44pm On Jul 05, 2020
okoroemeka:
the update is that Bambara nut storage is lucrative,very lucrative,benuejosh bought his B nuts at #17000 per bag in January,I personally checked the price in anambra state 2 days ago and it was #30,000 for a bag of carro white B nuts,we are gearing for the storage next season,come hell,l come high water.
thanks you so much bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Lost About 30% Of My Catfish (pictures) / Acidifier, Dl-methionine, L-lysine, Enzymes, Toxin Binder, Ascorbic Acid / As Dry Season Looms, What Ideas Of Irrigation Do U Have?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.