Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,270 members, 7,815,453 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria (15628 Views)

Here Is The Online Job You Have Been Looking For / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! / Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by prowriterss: 9:45am On Feb 04, 2020
Don't feel sad when you are rejected in a job interview. Here are things you can do to keep up your job search.

No matter how hard you prepare for a job interview, sometimes, you just don’t get the job you really want to have. Rejection could be a frustrating experience especially if it has happened more than once.

But when this happen, you don’t have to resign to fate or think some village people are working against your chances. You don’t have to get demoralized and stop your job search.

As a matter of fact, rejection can actually help you prepare better for your next job interview and that is, if you take the time to learn from it.
The following tips can help you move one after getting rejected in a job interview.

1. Don’t take it personally

Hiring managers have a duty to either accept or reject a candidate in the interest of the company they work for. If you get a no from them, don’t say they reject you because they don’t like your face. Don’t get angry with them or with yourself. Don’t also let frustration set in. Instead, take time to process your emotion. If you’re feeling troubled about it, talk to someone, may be a friend or your mentor.

2. Ask for feedback

When you get a no from a hiring manager, you can ask him/her why you didn’t get the job. There may have been forces outside your control. For example, the company might have decided to promote someone to fill the role.

The management might have also decided not to hire for the position again.
On the flip side, you might be the reason you were not employed. You might have been rejected because your skills didn’t match the job requirements or you’re not culturally fit for the organization. Knowing the reasons you’re overlooked helps you identify where the areas you need to develop yourself and prepare better for another interview.

3. Volunteer

Volunteering can help you build your confidence and improve your skillsets and ability to work with others. Instead of getting frustrated and losing hope, volunteering helps you see how much you’re valued and at the same time add depth to your resume.

4. Keep up the search

Never let the frustration that sometimes comes with job search stop you from searching. The sooner you get back searching after a rejection the sooner you get the job you are looking for.

Source: https://www.pulse.ng/lifestyle/careers/how-to-move-on-after-failing-to-get-the-job-you-really-want/ywkwbce

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by Adeling(m): 12:22pm On Feb 04, 2020
Just get an idea and work on it.

If you think say na lie I talk ask Seun

7 Likes

Re: How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by emmabest2000(m): 12:22pm On Feb 04, 2020
Believe in yourself and never give up

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by TRUSTEDGUY: 12:22pm On Feb 04, 2020
Likes to you OP

1 Like

Re: How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by Techguyz(m): 12:22pm On Feb 04, 2020
undecided
Re: How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by Ekakamba: 12:23pm On Feb 04, 2020
1. Take it personal: Yes of course! We are on the same page. It ain't the firm that rejected me, it's one of their goddamn forsaken wimp called 'hiring/firing manager'. Take it personal with this man/woman and you'll surely not just excel but flourish. Make sure your aim will be to surpass that hiring/firing manager that rejected you.

2. Don't ask for feedback: Why the hell will you ask for feedback from someone who said you ain't man enough? The only feedback should be a punch on his/her face/nyash.

3. Don't volunteer: Why will you volunteer for free when they have the bar to sort you? So they don't have vacancy for an accountant but they want you to volunteer as an accountant. Use your head.

4. Don't keep up the search: stop searching and join us here, let's gist in general section, romance in romance section, vote and analyze in politics section; finally we travel for holidays in travel section. Oh! Don't forget what we can do in the car, health and sport section.

Piss!

grin tongue

11 Likes

Re: How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by Slawormir: 12:23pm On Feb 04, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Better days are coming
Don't give up
The journey of a thousand kilometres begin with a step
Slow and steady wins the race

If you are a real niggarrr like me then i will advise you to always smoke weed, bang enough pussies, and drink enough beer as you continue to search for that dream job

You see those three things they prevent frustration and depression
(
Adejoncy01:

Real niggarrr, I sincerely want to contact you.
I've sent pm please do reply.
Or please contact me on Whatsapp
My nigggar

I will reply you niggarrr
Just that am overwhelmed with the number of messages i receive from other niggarzz in this forum

I nor know where to start from
But i promise i will reply every message.
Am a real niggarrr

6 Likes

Re: How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by rmonaco: 12:23pm On Feb 04, 2020
shay u dey hear?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by Hades2016(m): 12:23pm On Feb 04, 2020
Smoke some weed and move on
Re: How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by mytime24(f): 12:24pm On Feb 04, 2020
J
Re: How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by money121(m): 12:24pm On Feb 04, 2020
Ok
Re: How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 12:25pm On Feb 04, 2020
This is good stuff

Especially the volunteer part

But then
Nigerians being Nigerian; that volunteer part may be abused undecided
And leave the employee worse off

4 Likes

Re: How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by DenreleDave(m): 12:25pm On Feb 04, 2020
Wait I dey come... I am in fasting and prayer coz I saw buhari in my dream in few weeks to my exam... I will comment later
Re: How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by 2shure: 12:25pm On Feb 04, 2020
Have u made money. If you havent then.thats thd only way to move on. Enuf of this mumble advise.

1 Like

Re: How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 04, 2020
Lol unemployment is at 23.1 percent but some idiot is minister that should create jobs but none created. I asked my self why is it that black people from Africa we don't reason
Re: How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by Walkingkilo(m): 12:27pm On Feb 04, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Better days are coming

May God damnage you!

I doubt you even know how the 'N' word was coined.. Damn you motherfucker!
Re: How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 04, 2020
prowriterss:
Don't feel sad when you are rejected in a job interview. Here are things you can do to keep up your job search.

No matter how hard you prepare for a job interview, sometimes, you just don’t get the job you really want to have. Rejection could be a frustrating experience especially if it has happened more than once.

But when this happen, you don’t have to resign to fate or think some village people are working against your chances. You don’t have to get demoralized and stop your job search.

As a matter of fact, rejection can actually help you prepare better for your next job interview and that is, if you take the time to learn from it.
The following tips can help you move one after getting rejected in a job interview.

1. Don’t take it personally

Hiring managers have a duty to either accept or reject a candidate in the interest of the company they work for. If you get a no from them, don’t say they reject you because they don’t like your face. Don’t get angry with them or with yourself. Don’t also let frustration set in. Instead, take time to process your emotion. If you’re feeling troubled about it, talk to someone, may be a friend or your mentor.

2. Ask for feedback

When you get a no from a hiring manager, you can ask him/her why you didn’t get the job. There may have been forces outside your control. For example, the company might have decided to promote someone to fill the role.

The management might have also decided not to hire for the position again.
On the flip side, you might be the reason you were not employed. You might have been rejected because your skills didn’t match the job requirements or you’re not culturally fit for the organization. Knowing the reasons you’re overlooked helps you identify where the areas you need to develop yourself and prepare better for another interview.

3. Volunteer

Volunteering can help you build your confidence and improve your skillsets and ability to work with others. Instead of getting frustrated and losing hope, volunteering helps you see how much you’re valued and at the same time add depth to your resume.

4. Keep up the search

Never let the frustration that sometimes comes with job search stop you from searching. The sooner you get back searching after a rejection the sooner you get the job you are looking for.

Source: https://www.pulse.ng/lifestyle/careers/how-to-move-on-after-failing-to-get-the-job-you-really-want/ywkwbce
Let's not deceive ourselves. There are no jobs in Nigeria, this post is irrelevant. it's only the banking sector that is helping matters and they pay peanuts compared to ur daily task. If you want to be rich, keep your certificate and pride and embrace business. You will thank me later. Talking from experience

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by Adam00(m): 12:29pm On Feb 04, 2020
Rule NO 1 NEVER WORK FOR MONEY!
Re: How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by Adam00(m): 12:30pm On Feb 04, 2020
Hades2016:
Smoke some weed and move on

Re: How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by ufotty2001: 12:30pm On Feb 04, 2020
every nigerians need to see this to reduce numbers of suicide
Re: How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by Kenneygirl(f): 12:31pm On Feb 04, 2020
Noted

1 Like

Re: How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by mmclatino(m): 12:32pm On Feb 04, 2020
just Gave up the job search , and set up .
Re: How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by GEOANDSONS: 12:32pm On Feb 04, 2020
Is not easy
Re: How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by GEOANDSONS: 12:33pm On Feb 04, 2020
Hm
Re: How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by Zombiekiller010: 12:34pm On Feb 04, 2020
Its only a divine breakthrough that can make someone moved on
Re: How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 04, 2020
Create something out of nothing and get paid. "Jobs" are overrated.
Re: How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by ufotty2001: 12:42pm On Feb 04, 2020
frankdre:
Let's not deceive ourselves. There are no jobs in Nigeria, this post is irrelevant. it's only the banking sector that is helping matters and they pay peanuts compared to ur daily task. If you want to be rich, keep your certificate and pride and embrace business. You will thank me later. Talking from experience
thanks bro! God bless you for saying the truth. some people dont really want to face reality of life, there is no job in nigeria .. if you manage to see any the salary will be peanut i have seen a graduate earning 20k i was surprise! actually i was a victim of all these scam called degree in nigeria educational system i had no option than to go and learn a skill that is paying seriously now. go and look for a skill otherwise you will keep on searching for jobs on till you turn to 35-40yrs still carrying CV to look for 30k-40k jobs be wise and start up a business or look for a lucrative skills to acquire

5 Likes

Re: How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by Powerbankseller(m): 12:48pm On Feb 04, 2020
ufotty2001:
thanks bro! God bless you for saying the truth. some people dont really want to face reality of life, there is no job in nigeria .. if you manage to see any the salary will be peanut i have seen a graduate earning 20k i was surprise! actually i was a victim of all these scam called degree in nigeria educational system i had no option than to go and learn a skill that is paying seriously now.
that's nice. please what skills can I learn to be independent as a fresh agric engineering graduate? thanks
Re: How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by Adejoncy01(m): 1:00pm On Feb 04, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Better days are coming
Don't give up
The journey of a thousand kilometres begin with a step
Slow and steady wins the race

If you are a real niggarrr like me then i will advise you to always smoke weed, bang enough pussies, and drink enough beer as you continue to search for that dream job

You see those three things they prevent frustration and depression

Real niggarrr, I sincerely want to contact you.
I've sent pm please do reply.
Re: How To Move On After Failing To Get The Job You Really Want in Nigeria by olowoba2: 1:16pm On Feb 04, 2020
Migrate to canada

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Reasons Why Employers Are Not Calling You Back / Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? / Anambra Talent Databank: Job Advert By Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.