Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? (15631 Views)

What Would You Advice Both Parties To Do In Such A Situation / Here's One Of The Most Overrated Profession And Why / Noble Hall Leadership Academy For Girls Job Recruitment (3 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Synord(m): 2:33pm On Jun 20, 2021
Growing Up , A lot of people regarded law as a noble profession . The profession of the learned .

When Kids are asked , what do you want to become when’s you grow up ? . Most of the kids would respond with these the three major professions , Doctor , Lawyer , Engineer and Other professions will follow .

Looking at the situation of things now , it seems the legal profession is the worst hit as it pertains to the decline of prestige once attached to the professions.

It is quite worrisome and shameful the state of most lawyers and law graduates in the present Nigeria . A twitter thread a while back showed the horror stories most young Lawyers and even Lawyers that are 5 - 6 years at the bar are facing .

Poor remuneration of below 50k , court strikes that leads to zero litigation cases , disregard for court pronouncements and lack of a proper structure to cater to the needs of lawyers in the country .

Many have said why practice law in a lawless nation ? . This question is especially close to the truth when one realizes that the level of corruption in the judiciary and how difficult it is to perhaps succeed in the profession without election petition cases and dubious government transactions .

Even the assigning of the conferred position of Senior Advocates of Nigeria is saddled with corruption .

More so, Nigeria seems To a country that many citizens do not value the services of a lawyer until when trouble comes . As such , most do not value retainer-ship agreement and those that do give meager fees .

It is even more difficult because a lot of lawyers are out there and if one refuses due to the obtainable standard of charge anywhere in the world , another Nigerian lawyer hungry for a crumb of case will take it up. It seems there are too many lawyers for people who are either too ignorant to believe their services are of value or too supposedly knowledgeable with the system to know that resolving issues in the court of law in Nigeria is one hell of a battle .

A mere look at the actions of the current attorney general of the federation as regards sensitive issues like cattle grazing and social media ban , the removal and treatment of a Chief Justice of Nigeria , raid of the houses of chief justices of states by the security agencies , unpaid salaries of magistrates and calibre of lawyers that become SANS has pointed a lot to the state of legal practice in Nigeria ?

The big question now is “ would an average Nigerian say law is a noble profession and will you still Advice someone to study law in this present Nigeria ?

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Synord(m): 2:34pm On Jun 20, 2021
Written by Iamsynord . An entertainment lawyer and writer . he tweets via @iamsynord .

1 Like

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Synord(m): 2:34pm On Jun 20, 2021
For Young Graduates , Professionals and even entrepreneurs who are interested in financial independence and getting genuine multiple streams of income from fields like copywriting, tech startups, Programming and the rest of the tech related fields .

I have an offer for you that will generate at least 30k monthly for you as a side hustle if you are consistent and hardworking to implement same .

One of the numerous ways to do that is here

https://www.nairaland.com/6289756/experience-making-income-through-digital

Email idsam700@gmail.com or text 09049483747 on WhatsApp.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Maj196(m): 7:34pm On Jun 20, 2021
Sapa don finish Nigerian lawyers grin

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by DropsMic(m): 9:32pm On Jun 20, 2021
All my guys wey read law don japa from the field.. They are now into agency, freelance writing etc one sells pastries on instagram.. Omo life hard o

107 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by TroubleIsland(m): 9:32pm On Jun 20, 2021
Yawa

1 Like

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by slawormiir: 9:32pm On Jun 20, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Yeah.....especially if you wanna be a charge and bail lawyer
Laugh in Swahili
Or writing agreement paper on land issues for ten thousand naira or highest fifteen thousand naira

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by KingOKON: 9:32pm On Jun 20, 2021
Only cows will study in Nigeria

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by shegzhkn: 9:32pm On Jun 20, 2021
Lol.

I wouldn't advise even my foe to study law in Nigeria.

Where do we even start, first there are hundreds of thousands of folks who think they are lawyers regretting that they studied law, secondly law does not work in a country where the political climate is unstable, horrendous human right record, no regard for the rule of law and buckled democracy.

And the so called SAN means absolutely nothing.

Nigeria modelled it democracy to countries in the west but hasn't grown to their level in everything, for example in the United States you've got so many options to practice your trade because of their humongous advancement whereas in Nigeria lawyers only get cases because of basic issues that shouldn't have existed like Election matter, Political Corruption, etc.

So No don't study law.

51 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Uyi168: 9:33pm On Jun 20, 2021
I don't think there is any course in Nigeria that is so overhyped,yet shitty than law

I won't even advise my enemy to study law..

What do u need for in a lawless contree

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by phollybee(m): 9:33pm On Jun 20, 2021
OYO is ur case, if u like study, if you like don't study, what really counts these days in present Nigeria is to get money, infact, nobody wants to know ur source, . Buhari no send u, no job for you again in all the departments at both Federal, state and local government, BUBU said its filled up. l'll advise you to japa to other country to study and achieve ur dream

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Gavel(m): 9:33pm On Jun 20, 2021
It's worth it.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Davidonkonsults: 9:34pm On Jun 20, 2021
After graduation na to get POS kiosk na.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by GboyegaD(m): 9:35pm On Jun 20, 2021
I'm bothered about these questions. Study something you are interested in as it sure would make a way for you.

If you need someone to discuss with, consult your guidance counselor.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by MajorOvakporaye(f): 9:35pm On Jun 20, 2021
Tertiary education for Nigeria na scam.

Going to school in Nigeria should just be to socialize because socialization itself is education on its own. Apart from that, education in Nigeria is rubbish

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by KB007: 9:36pm On Jun 20, 2021
Everything for this country na connection, if you know your ways no course is a waste. I've seen zoologist working with FIRS and CBN

For 9ja even jelof rice for occasion sef na connection undecided

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by iamyemiakins(m): 9:36pm On Jun 20, 2021
Hmmm.

With the crime rate in the country at large, just be prepared for the worst

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Majikman(m): 9:37pm On Jun 20, 2021
Omo e get plenty courses wey no sure for this naija again oh .... Law na one of them .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by danski: 9:37pm On Jun 20, 2021
KingOKON:
Only cows will study in Nigeria
Like ur dad

6 Likes

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by IMASTEX: 9:38pm On Jun 20, 2021
So they can graduate to find out that the country has two laws. And sadly they studied the wrong one that is hardly used or when used it is restricted to the poor, thereby making them charge & bail lawyer. grin grin grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by chelseamann(m): 9:39pm On Jun 20, 2021
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by olril17(m): 9:40pm On Jun 20, 2021
no
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Sabadon(m): 9:40pm On Jun 20, 2021
Law don cast for naija na......

13 Likes

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by flexyrule(m): 9:40pm On Jun 20, 2021
Hell No!

The smart ones start up a shop for company registration, travel & tours, property management, laundry & dry cleaning services and even fumigation...
Yes ooooo. If Owu blow you, there's noting you won't do.
You see the stubborn ones wearing one faded suit 5 times a week in police departments negotiating bail for criminals.
The fortunate ones are the children of successful lawyers. Those ones resume work at their parent's Chambers after NYSC/Law school.
I dey sha dey entertained by their arrogance, you see them carrying their shoulders up as if they have 30 billion in their akants. Shi-shi....

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by kiddkash(m): 9:40pm On Jun 20, 2021
Gavel:
It's worth it.
you mean charge and bail?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by olola4(m): 9:41pm On Jun 20, 2021
No!

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Mckeni007: 9:43pm On Jun 20, 2021
Years back there's this law firm opposite my office, I was dating the secretary of the firm, one the girl told me that in her words "no mind those lawyers with their wigs o some of them are 25 to 30k as a monthly salary o"
Then I lost hope for my dream profession when I was a kid

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by uncleinans(m): 9:44pm On Jun 20, 2021
Nope
Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by RightToReject(m): 9:45pm On Jun 20, 2021
Yes, and of course, the law profession remains a noble and lucrative profession. There is no versatile - seasoned or not - lawyer in Nigeria that is perpetually poor. There are more areas of practice in law other than litigation, and even at that, versatile seasoned litigators are well off.

5 Likes

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 20, 2021
Waste of precious time

Leave law for fine women
It will fetch them jobs and hubby

As for guys. 10 years after graduation your not sure of a decent life

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:52pm On Jun 20, 2021
Yes!

Study whatever you feel like studying.

Life na jeje and turn by turn!

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience / Anambra Talent Databank: Job Advert By Soludo / How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.