Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) (37289 Views)

Israeli Missiles Hit Iran, Iraq And Syria / Thousands Flee As Volcano Erupts On Spain's La Palma Island, Homes Destroyed / Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 05, 2020
Tens of thousands of people are pushing towards Turkey to escape a fast-moving advance by government forces in northwest Syria's Idlib province, the last rebel stronghold in the country's nearly nine-year war.

Backed by heavy Russian air attacks, President Bashar al-Assad's forces have recaptured dozens of towns in the last 10 days in a major campaign that has stoked tensions between Ankara and Moscow and raised the spectre of a new refugee crisis.

UNICEF said on Saturday that violence this week forced 6,500 children to flee daily, bringing the total number of displaced children in northwest Syria to more than 300,000 since early December.

Russia and Syria say they are fighting rebels who have stepped up attacks on civilians in Aleppo in northern Syria, but rights groups and rescue workers say air attacks and shellings have demolished hospitals, schools and homes.

Turkey, which fears a fresh wave of refugees into its territory, adding to the more than 3.6 million Syrians already there, said on Friday it would not tolerate new threats near its border and would act militarily if needed.

Trucks packed with civilians, along with their furniture and personal effects, were seen moving out of towns across much of Idlib and western Aleppo over the past week.
Source: https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/inpictures/pictures-exodus-idlib-syria-conflict-escalates-200202065643945.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 05, 2020
More

1 Share

Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 05, 2020
Pics

Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by azadus18: 10:50am On Feb 05, 2020
Vladmir putin work.....FTC at last.....

4 Likes

Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by alizma: 11:09am On Feb 05, 2020
It is well.
Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by Righteousness89(m): 11:26am On Feb 05, 2020
Nawa ooo...

No wonder the U.K. Carry themselves from Europe...

We are really in Perilous times

The WORLD needs Help..

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by StephenBB(m): 11:35am On Feb 05, 2020
FP material
Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by Georgekyrian(m): 12:35pm On Feb 05, 2020
ILL!!!! embarassed
Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by psalmsmiles(m): 1:31pm On Feb 05, 2020
nawa o

1 Like

Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by Citytrend: 1:59pm On Feb 05, 2020
Hnmm
Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by Onyekachi419(f): 1:59pm On Feb 05, 2020
Na woo
Conflict no good o
Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by NORSYK(m): 1:59pm On Feb 05, 2020
UK did the right thing by leaving Europe.
At least 2% of these refugees will end up in Europe

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by Dupepython: 1:59pm On Feb 05, 2020
End time is truly near

8 Likes

Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by Dobson43: 2:00pm On Feb 05, 2020
cheesy
Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by Smartjeezy(m): 2:01pm On Feb 05, 2020
End is near. Islamabad... Thanks to oracle that am a traditional worshiper. Religion has done more damages to this planet than any other thing. They don't practice what they preach...

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 05, 2020
Islamavirus

20 Likes

Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by saraki2019(m): 2:01pm On Feb 05, 2020
Trump, thank you for killing solemeni, now save this soul

3 Likes

Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by Auxtin85(m): 2:01pm On Feb 05, 2020
Muslims and their troubles, they won’t allow the world have peace

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by Getintouch2004(m): 2:01pm On Feb 05, 2020
The religion of piss people.

Check all over the world, na them dey fight. Ravaging each other.

Always disturbing the world with their wahala

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by Goldenheart(m): 2:01pm On Feb 05, 2020
Some things that happens out there in other places gives me chill

1 Like

Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by NaijadrivaCars: 2:02pm On Feb 05, 2020
Ndi ogbu nma na ara obara angry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by Mistaicey2288: 2:02pm On Feb 05, 2020
E don set! War has really finished them in this country called Syria. In fact, they're supposed to have cancelled that country sef and evacuate the remaining people in there to some other countries... I don dey hear say Syria dey fight War now ehn, e don tey no be small... Imagine the state of the country presently.. How sad!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by BabyApple(m): 2:02pm On Feb 05, 2020
Please i am one of the tricycle rider that work from Oyingbo to Yaba.. Since we have banned i have not been able to get something to do .. keke is just there doing nothing.. please i need a job ooo.. I can wash clothes , cars. I need a job to do for God sake.. I have been sitting down idle for days. i follow trekked from Sabo to Alausa Ikeja On Monday.. Not Knowing that Ikeja Keke Rider has engaged the police earlier that day.. on getting to ikeja we were hint that we should not go near Government House If we not wan end up in jail.. Na Leg walk i take leg am reach Anthony before i later see Bus to Yaba .. Please I need a Job... Any Job as long as it is not illegal.. My keke is just 5 months Old.. If you have Mini Bus , I can Drive it for you..

101 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by Stalwert: 2:02pm On Feb 05, 2020
This is what cownu was planning for Nigeria, till he fled like a dead cowardly rat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by Kennyswag: 2:02pm On Feb 05, 2020
islamabad

1 Like

Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by siegfried99(m): 2:02pm On Feb 05, 2020
Na wa oo see destruction

1 Like

Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by Lagbaja01(m): 2:03pm On Feb 05, 2020
Heal the world.
Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by seangy4konji: 2:03pm On Feb 05, 2020
Cursed region.

5 Likes

Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by Stalwert: 2:03pm On Feb 05, 2020
Kennyswag:
islamabad
Christianabomb. cheesy grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by Abfinest007(m): 2:03pm On Feb 05, 2020
children of devil

1 Like

Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by chimaobinelson(m): 2:03pm On Feb 05, 2020
The tension is not unconnected to the religion of peace

12 Likes

Re: Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) by Fabulous47(m): 2:03pm On Feb 05, 2020
Everywhere look like Call Of Duty scene

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties / Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' / Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.