Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,690 members, 7,844,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / . (1145 Views)

Need Advice On Getting A New Laptop / Help On Virtualization And VLAN / How Do I Connect An Android Phone to A Laptop Wlan Internet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 06, 2020
Re: . by mice(m): 7:55pm On Feb 06, 2020
First to test if you lan is working go to command prompt and type ping 127.0.0.1 if you get a response trying unistall ur network card from device manager and restart your system . After restarting your system head back to device manager and right click and select update drive

Update driver selecting let it search online
Re: . by Nobody: 7:58pm On Feb 06, 2020
mice:
First to test if you lan is working go to command prompt and type ping 127.0.0.1 if you get a response trying unistall ur network card from device manager and restart your system . After restarting your system head back to device manager and right click and select update drive

Thanks I'll try that in a minute but the last line got me confused. Search online on a system without internet??
Re: . by ellagabs(f): 8:13pm On Feb 06, 2020
goto device manager, screen shot the window and share it here
Re: . by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 06, 2020
mice:

I saw some sent and received data packets in cmd i guess thats the response you mean. So which exactly is the network card you say I should uninstall? And where exactly do I right click here after I restart?

Re: . by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 06, 2020
ellagabs:
goto device manager, screen shot the window and share it here
Took a pic is it good enough
Re: . by ellagabs(f): 9:35pm On Feb 06, 2020
crownedrookie:

from the
Re: . by Nobody: 9:40pm On Feb 06, 2020
ellagabs:

from the
??
That's the device manager
Re: . by udemzyudex(m): 9:44pm On Feb 06, 2020
Re: . by ellagabs(f): 9:49pm On Feb 06, 2020
crownedrookie:

from the pix, u can see that your wlan adaptor is missing from the link. installing drivers won't work.

Try this:
click on "other devices", here you will see list of hardwares that requires driver update. if your wlan card is there, then u need to get the right driver for it.

"Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter"
or
"Realtek RTL8723BE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC"
Re: . by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 06, 2020
ellagabs:

from the pix, u can see that your wlan adaptor is missing from the link. installing drivers won't work.

Try this:
click on "other devices", here you will see list of hardwares that requires driver update. if your wlan card is there, then u need to get the right driver for it.

"Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter"
or
"Realtek RTL8723BE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC"

Under other devices what I see is
* Network Controller
* PCI device
* PCI Encryption/Decryption controller
* SM bus controller
* Unknown device
Re: . by ellagabs(f): 10:10pm On Feb 06, 2020
crownedrookie:

Under other devices what I see is
* Network Controller
* PCI device
* PCI Encryption/Decryption controller
* SM bus controller
* Unknown device

so many drivers missing, this only happens when you install a fresh windows.

*Network Controller is what you need to fix. download this "Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter", just google it.
the file size should be around 140mb to 250mb.
Dont play smart by downloading a 20mb - 50mb file, you will end up wasting your data because such files only work on windows 7 and earlier versions of windows OS
Re: . by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 06, 2020
ellagabs:

*Network Controller is what you need to fix. download this "Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter", just google it.
Dont play smart by downloading a 20mb - 50mb file, you will end up wasting your data because such files only work on windows 7 and earlier versions of windows OS

Thanks a lot I'll do that a bit later. One more thing do I need to search by model or is it one fits all?
Re: . by ellagabs(f): 10:17pm On Feb 06, 2020
crownedrookie:

Thanks a lot I'll do that a bit later. One more thing do I need to search by model or is it one fits all?

based on: Product + Model + Windows version.
dont worry, i used your system info to get that for you. just google, download and install
Re: . by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 06, 2020
ellagabs:

based on: Product + Model + Windows version.
dont worry, i used your system info to get that for you. just google, download and install
Thanks again. You know a lot about computers. You work with or on computers?
Re: . by ellagabs(f): 10:25pm On Feb 06, 2020
crownedrookie:

Thanks again. You know a lot about computers. You work with or on computers?
yep, software developer/network engineer! 11 years plus n still counting...

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 06, 2020
ellagabs:

yep, software developer/network engineer! 11 years plus n still counting...
Wow. I'm just starting my own journey. Respect
Re: . by ellagabs(f): 10:42pm On Feb 06, 2020
I'm just starting my own journey

welcome on deck.
Re: . by Nobody: 12:31am On Feb 07, 2020
ellagabs:

Got it thanks!!!
Re: . by ellagabs(f): 7:02am On Feb 07, 2020
crownedrookie:

Got it thanks!!!

is it working now?
Re: . by Nobody: 9:09am On Feb 07, 2020
ellagabs:

is it working now?
Yes. Thanks
Re: . by guiltless(m): 6:08am On Jul 13, 2020
ellagabs:

is it working now?

Good morning Engineer, please how can I fix my laptop network adapter? I've tried various methods shown on YouTube but still to no avail.

Also, I'll appreciate if you could direct me on the specific driver to download (link if possible �) for my laptop. Hp G255. Windows 8.1, 64bits. Thank you
Re: . by guiltless(m): 10:58am On Jul 18, 2020
guiltless:

Good morning Engineer, please how can I fix my laptop network adapter? I've tried various methods shown on YouTube but still to no avail.

Also, I'll appreciate if you could direct me on the specific driver to download (link if possible �) for my laptop. Hp G255. Windows 8.1, 64bits. Thank you

Please Ma, kindly help a brother... ellagabs
Re: . by ellagabs(f): 10:34pm On Jul 18, 2020
guiltless:

Please Ma, kindly help a brother... ellagabs

sorry for the late response, I have been busy!

snip the network area on the taskbar and share it here.

what's the displayed error message?!

what's the specific model number? HP G255 is a family name, there are about 10 variants of "255"
Re: . by guiltless(m): 6:22am On Jul 19, 2020
ellagabs:

what's the specific model number? HP G255 is a family name, there are about 10 variants of "255"

It's HP 255 G3.

Re: . by guiltless(m): 11:09pm On Jul 19, 2020
guiltless:

It's HP 255 G3.

Please have you seen it Ma'am? @ ellagabs
Re: . by guiltless(m): 1:05am On Jul 21, 2020
ellagabs:

hmm, I had been waiting all day for your quote but sadly none at all embarassed
Re: . by ellagabs(f): 9:14pm On Jul 21, 2020
guiltless:

hmm, I had been waiting all day for your quote but sadly none at all embarassed

sorry, haven't logged in NL for some days now.
you will here from me by tomorrow.
Re: . by ellagabs(f): 9:29pm On Jul 21, 2020
Re: . by guiltless(m): 11:10pm On Jul 22, 2020
ellagabs:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69001-69500/sp69411.exe

Thanks so much for the link. I downloaded it via my fone then transfered 2 my pc. I tried installing the driver but its not compatible with the device. I noticed from someone who uses the same pc model with me that's it's actually Quadcomm Athero that goes with my laptop. Honestly, I've searched and downloaded several but can't find the exact one for my device model. I'll really appreciate it if you could help me with a link.
Re: . by ellagabs(f): 12:42pm On Jul 24, 2020
guiltless:

Thanks so much for the link. I downloaded it via my fone then transfered 2 my pc. I tried installing the driver but its not compatible with the device. I noticed from someone who uses the same pc model with me that's it's actually Quadcomm Athero that goes with my laptop. Honestly, I've searched and downloaded several but can't find the exact one for my device model. I'll really appreciate it if you could help me with a link.

run CMD as admin, and enter the following code and press enter.

systemInfo

get the System model number, Processor(s) and Network cards(s)

1 Like

Re: . by guiltless(m): 2:47am On Jul 25, 2020
ellagabs:

run CMD as admin, and enter the following code and press enter.

systemInfo

get the System model number, Processor(s) and Network cards(s)

Thanks alot. This was I got.

Please what is the next step?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Printer Problem / Google Quiz / How Much Does The Flex Of A Dell Inspiron 6000 Cost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.