Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,859 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) (55719 Views)

See The Snail Soup A Nigerian Lady Cooked For Her Man / The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. / The Pot Of Soup A Man Cooked With N1000 (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:39pm On Feb 07, 2020
I like those SS people with their delicacy, them pikin dey sabi cook die on top say them look like mami water

1 Like

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by lympy: 9:39pm On Feb 07, 2020
MRcocaFanta:
There is a soup called Irhibotor by the Urhobo people in Delta State.

The soup is cooked without fire and it's been a life saver to Urhobo or delta students in the University or polytechnic when they are so broke.

The most cheapest soup in NIGERIA.

As a lady from Delta State, especially an urhobo lady, if you can't cook the Irhibotor soup then you are not a real Urhobo woman.

The soup is part of the culture, lol.

When you have a fever, you can take it with yam or Eba and your fever will definitely disappear. Lol

Introducing the Urhobo Irhibotor soup.

This soup cures malaria
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by JosephXavier: 9:40pm On Feb 07, 2020
willi926:
We have something like this in my hometown in anambra state. Just use crayfish and ogiri and small salt with palm oil and little warm water and u are good to go. No stress, and highly nutritious sef
Na d same thing bro
You know say delay and Anambra Na d same thing Na only small water separate us with dem

1 Like

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Novaccines: 9:41pm On Feb 07, 2020
Czartega:

Your money dey loss? In fact how much is the whole amount that you have put in offering. If you too complain now Dem go count all the money wey you don put, give you back grin

Rome is an evil empire built by Blacks and maintained by them. Black people are the root of the evil world order if you are sending billions to keep up them Western European perverts while your brothers and sisters starve. I researched the Boko Horam and they are not Fulani. They are loose tribes of poor Africans surrounding the Nigerian empire. They are hungry,, uneducated and yet in time they will overthrow you. The Sultan Sokoto His Imperial royal majesty head of the traditional council of Nigerian rulers just gave the warning about orphans and those left out of the wealth because of egotistical greed based in religion.

Wake up out your slumber
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by lexy2014: 9:41pm On Feb 07, 2020
OgbanjeProphet:
Too much fish dey worry am ;

What makes an urhobo dish if its not too much fish?
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 07, 2020
Urhobo wadoh
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by fantastic1: 9:46pm On Feb 07, 2020
MRcocaFanta:

Well there is what we call Erhei in Urhobo language, honestly i don't know the English name.

Use Erhei.
Crayfish.
Dry pepper.
Then you can use fish, preferably bonga fish.
Salt.
Maggi.

First of all put the crayfish on a frying pan without Groundnut oil and fry it like that, let it become dry a little then Grind the dry pepper, the Erhei and the crayfish together.

Then roast your bonga fish separately.

Then add the grinded pepper and the Erhei and the cray fish that together in a plate, add little water, add little salt and Maggie and the roasted bonga fish.
Mix them together and there you have your Irhibotor soup.

Erhei is called calabash nutmeg in English

2 Likes

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Burchester: 9:46pm On Feb 07, 2020
Lol
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Santinho: 9:47pm On Feb 07, 2020
This is exactly what I plan to eat tomorrow. In Isoko it's called Izuoto. Aside the spices mentioned, One can use smoked fish, dried fish, or fried fish which is later heated on the fire. Then, you boil a small quantity of water and add it to the mashed ingredients(spices). The aroma that comes when you add the roasted fish in the morter is so tempting.
It's good to try it my people. It's very cheap and tastes so nice.
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Sapeleboy911(m): 9:47pm On Feb 07, 2020
Oh Bob my dad no dey use this food play on Saturday morning. This was my favourite meal on weekends mostly on Saturdays, very delicious mostly when when consumed with old native plantain and palm oil.

1 Like

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by therajah: 9:48pm On Feb 07, 2020
Cook without fire or prepared without fire??
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by SuperSupremo(m): 9:49pm On Feb 07, 2020
MRcocaFanta:

The soup is cooked without fire and it's been a life saver to Urhobo or delta students in the University or polytechnic when they are so broke.

As a lady from Delta State, especially an urhobo lady, if you can't cook the Irhibotor soup then you are not a real Urhobo woman.

When you have a fever, you can take it with yam or Eba and your fever will definitely disappear. Lol

What a death trap!

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by ideatoprince18(m): 9:51pm On Feb 07, 2020
MRcocaFanta:

Well there is what we call Erhei in Urhobo language, honestly i don't know the English name.

Use Erhei.
Crayfish.
Dry pepper.
Salt.
Maggi.

First of all put the crayfish on a frying pan without Groundnut oil and fry it like that, let it become dry a little then Grind the dry pepper, the Erhei and the crayfish together.

Then add the grinded pepper and the Erhei and the cray fish that together in a plate, add little water, add little salt and Maggie and the roasted bonga fish.

... I thought u said without FIRE
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Facidio: 9:52pm On Feb 07, 2020
GODPUNISHALABI:
undecided disgusting piece of shît...who tha F uck eats this shît...looks like something brewed in da sewer...f ûck mehn bîtch you just killed my appetite...ama fûcking break somfin cos of this disgusting piece of shît.... reason why a nigga ain’t marrying no bitch that ain’t from the east side...bitch fuçk you

Who's this fuckstard. Have u seen how disgusting ur abasha is?.....
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by trumpcoat(m): 9:55pm On Feb 07, 2020
Looks exactly like the name,
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by udeh3(m): 10:03pm On Feb 07, 2020
Op just remind me of home... Dat year, ehhhh, missing my Onimè. Com arrange d lemis for dat native clay pot, ewohhhh, if I hear!!!

I rep the Iziuoto Family...
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Dollabiz: 10:15pm On Feb 07, 2020
Water
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Czartega(m): 10:29pm On Feb 07, 2020
Novaccines:

Rome is an evil empire built by Blacks and maintained by them. Black people are the root of the evil world order if you are sending billions to keep up them Western European perverts while your brothers and sisters starve. I researched the Boko Horam and they are not Fulani. They are loose tribes of poor Africans surrounding the Nigerian empire. They are hungry,, uneducated and yet in time they will overthrow you. The Sultan Sokoto His Imperial royal majesty head of the traditional council of Nigerian rulers just gave the warning about orphans and those left out of the wealth because of egotistical greed based in religion.

Wake up out your slumber

Ogbeni I'm not unaware of what I'd happening.
You say blacks maintain Rome and starve but tell me have they ever forced you to put offering? If yes, it means that the clergy man is not even Roman Catholic or Anglican. Lest you forget, Pentecostals are more than Roman Catholics in Nigeria. So the bulk of the money remains in Nigeria since you are so worried about the money.
The sultan has no justification to say what he said, when they (northerners) are the bone in Nigeria's throat. Sorry to say but the truth is bitter. Lassa, Polio, Meningitis, Yellow fever. Etc
Are predominant in the region. Why is this so? Religion has taught them that it's okay to marry underaged girls(increasing Nigeria's maternal mortality rate), that it's okay to marry 20 wives and reproduce many children (over population)
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by PAQ(m): 10:31pm On Feb 07, 2020
MRcocaFanta:

Use Erhei.
Crayfish.
Dry pepper.
Salt.
Maggi.

I thought you said the soup is cooked without fire?! If no fir how do you get to fry the crayfish & roast the banga?!

Pls dont get me wrong, am not trying to pick faults.
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by arrianw: 10:33pm On Feb 07, 2020
That soup that year
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Hisroyalbadmeat(m): 10:38pm On Feb 07, 2020
For those of us that are county grammar school ikwerre\etche alumni,this soup is called aquatic!yea it's a life saver truly sad
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Mcslize: 10:42pm On Feb 07, 2020
MRcocaFanta:

Use Erhei.
Crayfish.
Dry pepper.
Salt.
Maggi.

Erhei is pepper soup spice. It's called the calabash nutmeg. It's botanical name is monodora myristica. It is sold in the market. Once you mention pepper soup spice, they will hand it to you. But it is mostly identified by market women as the pepper soup spice.

1 Like

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by GermanMelania: 10:44pm On Feb 07, 2020
Enwhen:

Why are u showing us the poverty version of Irhibotor ??,

Look at how that place is even dirty.... How do u want to sell this to other tribe let alone a white man ?

You need mental help to be decolonized.
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Mcslize: 10:44pm On Feb 07, 2020
Samfloxin:
The. soup is not pleasant to behold at all...una dey try sha

It's quite tasty bro. You haven't tried it that's why. And it has a nice aroma when you roast the fish inside.
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by simplepee(f): 10:48pm On Feb 07, 2020
Come knack am with better usi(starch).I miss village sad
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Nastofar(f): 10:50pm On Feb 07, 2020
Urhobo wa doo! Eeee eeeeeye
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Novaccines: 10:56pm On Feb 07, 2020
Czartega:

Ogbeni I'm not unaware of what I'd happening.
You say blacks maintain Rome and starve but tell me have they ever forced you to put offering? If yes, it means that the clergy man is not even Roman Catholic or Anglican. Lest you forget, Pentecostals are more than Roman Catholics in Nigeria. So the bulk of the money remains in Nigeria since you are so worried about the money.
The sultan has no justification to say what he said, when they (northerners) are the bone in Nigeria's throat. Sorry to say but the truth is bitter. Lassa, Polio, Meningitis, Yellow fever. Etc
Are predominant in the region. Why is this so? Religion has taught them that it's okay to marry underaged girls(increasing Nigeria's maternal mortality rate), that it's okay to marry 20 wives and reproduce many children (over population)

Fulani rule Nigerian government and they rule the council of traditional rulers. I'm not taking sides in a Nigerian internal affair yet I was happy the Yorubas finally become security conscious and created Amotuken. Like I said before empires go through cycles and usually barbarians come and take out the overly sophisticated. If you don't get your heads out of the sand and start practicing love for the North your future will follow a set pattern. Love all Nigerians and put aside your regional pride. You put military bases in Borno and formed cooperation with Niger and Chad security forces yet you have not done in any good will to win the hearts and minds of the poor peoples along those borders. In fact France started interference by feeding Boko Horam which angered Nigerian military as it should. They are fighting and dying and supporting the enemy is treason. Yet Nigeria needs to act fast by injecting wealth, education and medicine into the Northern border regions. The money you are giving these tyrant perverts in Europe is money you could spend to bring peace in West Africa.

Wake up out your slumber
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by AfroKnight: 10:58pm On Feb 07, 2020
MRcocaFanta:

Use Erhei.
Crayfish.
Dry pepper.
Salt.
Maggi.

You say it’s cooked without fire then go ahead to say we have to fry stuff. How do we fry stuff without fire? Do you fry things in the sun?
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by GermanMelania: 11:01pm On Feb 07, 2020
Gordonz07:
Honestly, we call this in my language pocho..... grin
Hi tivi person. How far
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by 5thAngel(f): 11:03pm On Feb 07, 2020
[b][/b]
phranklyn92:
As a lover of African dishes I find this really interesting! I mean for the life of me, how can one cook soup without fire? undecided

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by kpoins: 11:11pm On Feb 07, 2020
GODPUNISHALABI:
undecided disgusting piece of shît...who tha F uck eats this shît...looks like something brewed in da sewer...f ûck mehn bîtch you just killed my appetite...ama fûcking break somfin cos of this disgusting piece of shît.... reason why a nigga ain’t marrying no bitch that ain’t from the east side...bitch fuçk you

How old are you?
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Litmus: 11:18pm On Feb 07, 2020
MRcocaFanta:

Igbos have similar cold soup , prepared in mortar, called ntani or some such, cant spell it, but its quite surprisingly good. However now that OP has revealed these secret Nigeria dish it wont be long before other Africans copy it and put it on youtube, declaring we too have similar. They do not want Nigeria to have anything unique out of fear we may leave them way behind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Benefits Of Jatropha Tajorensis (“hospital Too Far”, Ugu-oyibo, Iyana-ipaja) / Garri (cassava Flakes) With Blocked Water (picture Attached) / 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.