Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. (42401 Views)

The Catfish I Bought For #2500 / The Catfish I Bought N3600 in Enugu / The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 2:22pm On Nov 24, 2022
Goood day my country People..
As you all can see how hard the country is, that these days we eat for survival, not enjoyment..

This is how I spent my last 1500 naira for food that will last me for two day I think..

I wanted to get dried fish, kpomo, prewikles, and leaf..but the money was not enough, so I had to buy half deica of garri first of 500..as garri is life saver..

I went to Tank market at rumukrushi in Port Harcourt

Priced this catfish for 800 naira...haba..things cost o..seller was telling me 1200. We letter aggred for 800 naira..I have 200 left.. bought Palm oil 100 naira and knor cube 50 and onion 50..very small Onion..

As no money to get the rest..man must survive..
Below are pictures of the food.

Picture 1 is the fish in a pot

Picture 2. Sliced onion, salt, pepper and Maggi

Picture 3. Palm oil and offor

Picture 4.. preparation

You can also do well to check my other thread as per bachelor cooking and managing money skill.....this is a 1k food..minus the half derika of garri...it will last me till tomorrow evening..

My other food thread last year..

https://www.nairaland.com/6536601/photo-oha-soup-prepared-n850

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 2:23pm On Nov 24, 2022
Catfish

3 Likes

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 2:24pm On Nov 24, 2022
The cat fish

2 Likes

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Elmojiid(m): 2:27pm On Nov 24, 2022
All way na way..

3 Likes

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 2:27pm On Nov 24, 2022
Ingredients

1 Like

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 2:30pm On Nov 24, 2022
Ingredients..
Oil and offor .(thickener)

2 Likes

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 2:31pm On Nov 24, 2022
Preparation

3 Likes

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by habsydiamond(m): 2:32pm On Nov 24, 2022
U dey chop catfish u talk say u broke.. wetin u want make pesin wey dey chop crayfish talk

141 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 2:33pm On Nov 24, 2022
Fire devouring the catfish...
Added offor after allowing the catfish boil for some minutes..

5 Likes

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by gasparpisciotta: 2:34pm On Nov 24, 2022
Enjoy your life ooo, na wetin you chop be your own.
If extra money dey, wash it down with a cold bottle of trophy
Many don die leaving next of kin to lavish their hard earned money

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 2:35pm On Nov 24, 2022
After a few more minutes I took the pot down..ready to make garri..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 2:37pm On Nov 24, 2022
Just finished making Garri

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 24, 2022
It is well.

So you ate this with eba or what? Una dey try. Me I can't. Maybe a little thickener like achi inside the fish would have made a decent pot of soup to swallow your eba.

Nlfpmod.

7 Likes

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 2:39pm On Nov 24, 2022
Food is been dished..

Please don't laugh at me o..I can cook but na waitin my money reach buy I manage o

150 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 2:42pm On Nov 24, 2022
My Lord that deliver Paul and Silas
Who deliver Paul and Silas
My Lord that deliver Paul and Silas..will also deliver me..

Brothers and sisters I finally quench hunger.. tomorrow will take care of itself..we eat to survive not enjoyment..for now,all way na way..

Please check my signature..I will so appreciate..

122 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 2:42pm On Nov 24, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
It is well.

So you ate this with eba or what? Una dey try. Me I can't. Maybe a little thickener like achi inside the fish would have made a decent pot of soup to swallow your eba.

Nlfpmod.

Sister hunger dey land..no time to select food now..

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by dawnomike(m): 2:42pm On Nov 24, 2022
It is nice that you decided to cook what will make you happy... Enjoy

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 2:45pm On Nov 24, 2022
Elmojiid:
All way na way..
Yes o..na survive we dey

1 Like

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 2:45pm On Nov 24, 2022
dawnomike:
It is nice that you decided to cook what will make you happy... Enjoy
Thanks boss

4 Likes

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Elmojiid(m): 2:50pm On Nov 24, 2022
Sunisonflex39:

Yes o..na survive we dey
enjoy your meal

1 Like

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by mokset123: 3:16pm On Nov 24, 2022
Sunisonflex39:
Goood day my country People..
As you all can see how hard the country is, that these days we eat for survival, not enjoyment..

This is how I spent my last 1500 naira for food that will last me for two day I think..

I wanted to get dried fish, kpomo, prewikles, and leaf..but the money was not enough, so I had to buy half deica of garri first of 500..as garri is life saver..

I went to Tank market at rumukrushi in Port Harcourt

Priced this catfish for 800 naira...haba..things cost o..seller was telling me 1200. We letter aggred for 800 naira..I have 200 left.. bought Palm oil 100 naira and knor cube 50 and onion 50..very small Onion..

As no money to get the rest..man must survive..
Below are pictures of the food.

Picture 1 is the fish in a pot

Picture 2. Sliced onion, salt, pepper and Maggi

Picture 3. Palm oil and offor

Picture 4.. preparation

You can also do well to check my other thread as per bachelor cooking and managing money skill.....this is a 1k food..minus the half derika of garri...it will last me till tomorrow evening..

next time, try wash the slime off the catfish with hot water and a pince of salt before cooking it, you will be amazed at the amount of dirt in the bowl of hot water you used for washing the fish

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 3:18pm On Nov 24, 2022
mokset123:
next time, try wash the slime off the catfish with hot water before cooking with it, you will be amazed with the dirt you would see in the bowl of hot water you used in washing the fish

Thank u.. noted

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Brownshoe: 4:06pm On Nov 24, 2022
Catfish no be saps o, infact na person wey get money they buy am.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:04pm On Nov 24, 2022
Sunisonflex39:
Food is been dished..

Please don't laugh at me o..I can cook but na waitin my money reach buy I manage o

Laugh ke?

Make who laugh you show his own food.

Enjoy your meal jare, it's delicious sef.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by ahnie: 5:05pm On Nov 24, 2022
You na big man nau,I haven't eaten anything food for the past 3 years.

You try with the cook.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by MzErica(f): 5:10pm On Nov 24, 2022
You are a ritualist, where you see money buy catfish ? grin grin grin

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by mariahAngel(f): 5:20pm On Nov 24, 2022
Sunisonflex39:
Food is been dished..

You tried.

Next time, just add some uziza leaves to give it that soupy taste and aroma (if you're going to eat with eba).

26 Likes

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by mariahAngel(f): 5:21pm On Nov 24, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
It is well.

Nlfpmod.

He added offor.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Mercury12(m): 5:58pm On Nov 24, 2022
Lol
This Oga dey vex cheesy

I no sure say that food survive 60 seconds before you demolish am cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by ExAngel007(f): 6:15pm On Nov 24, 2022
no waaaaay

2 Likes

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 7:09pm On Nov 24, 2022
mariahAngel:

You tried.

Next time, just add some uziza leaves to give it that soupy taste and aroma (if you're going to eat with eba).

Money no dey for the uziza....so I just manage..I wanted to get it but no money jare

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 7:10pm On Nov 24, 2022
ExAngel007:
no waaaaay

Sister all way na way o

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) / Pls How Do I Make Yoghurt @ Home / I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.