Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Ronaldo Makes Juventus History In Shock Loss - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Makes Juventus History In Shock Loss (1384 Views)

People's Comments About Ighalo's Unfaithfulness To His Wife Left Me In Shock / Cristiano Ronaldo Makes More Money On Instagram Than Playing For Juventus / Ronaldo Makes Transfer Demand After Juventus’ Champions League Exit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ronaldo Makes Juventus History In Shock Loss by Officialhorlah(m): 6:54am On Feb 09, 2020
The Portuguese star has been in red-hot form in the
final third but he couldn't save his side on Saturday Cristiano Ronaldo has become the first Juventus player to score in 10 straight Serie A games as Maurizio Sarri's side fell 2-1 to Hellas Verona. After celebrating his 35th birthday midweek, Ronaldo opened the scoring in the 65th minute as
he did well to create space in the box and fire a low
shot into the bottom left corner. That goal meant the former Real Madrid man has now scored in 10 consecutive Serie A games and
has taken his league tally for the season up to 20. MORE TEAMS  In 2005, David Trezeguet struck in nine straight
domestic matches for Juve with Ronaldo now
setting a new benchmark for the club. OptaPaolo✔@OptaPaolo 10 - Cristiano #Ronaldo is the 1st # Juventus' player to have found the net in 10 successive games played by the
Bianconeri in the history of the Serie A.
Star.#VeronaJuve 12810:25 PM - Feb 8, 2020 Twitter Ads info and
privacy 58 people are talking about this Despite once again starring in the final third,
Ronaldo's effort wouldn't prove enough for Sarri's
side as they were stunned by a determined Verona
outfit. Former Sunderland and AC Milan attacker Fabio Borini brought the home side level in the 76th
minute before VAR intervention saw Verona
awarded a penalty for handball in the 86th minute. Giampaolo Pazzini was able to hold his nerve from
the spot to hand Juventus a surprise defeat that
gives Inter the chance to claim top spot in Serie A should they beat Milan on Sunday. Antonio Conte's side are currently three points shy
of Juve but with a game in hand and superior goal
difference they can leapfrog Sarri's men by the end
of the weekend. While Ronaldo has been in impressive form this
season, his advancing age saw Bayern Munich this week declare he is too old for them to consider a possible transfer. “Of course there are many names linked with us in
the press,” club president Herbert Hainer told TZ.
“But Ronaldo is a bit too old for us." The Juventus star himself conceded he never saw
himself continuing to be so prolific on the pitch at
the age of 35. "At 35? I thought I was going to be a fisherman in
Madeira," he said to Canal 11. "This never came into my mind. I wanted to be a
professional footballer, but I didn't think I was
going to win everything I've won. "To play at Juventus gives me the chance to win it
again. We know it's difficult, it depends on many
factors, but it's possible because we have a good
team. "We must take one step at a time going forward." Juventus next face AC Milan on Thursday in the first
leg of their Coppa Italia semi-final.

Re: Ronaldo Makes Juventus History In Shock Loss by popsy2(m): 6:59am On Feb 09, 2020
great guy
Re: Ronaldo Makes Juventus History In Shock Loss by gibzzhd: 7:29am On Feb 09, 2020
Great Juventus record.Now his eyes are set on the serial A record of 11 set by the Argentina Angel Bastituta.Ronaldo is well capable of breaking it.One penalty at home would do this easily.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Makes Juventus History In Shock Loss by grim33(m): 8:23am On Feb 09, 2020
Beating VFL Long Losing Streak Trap With Calabar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxUL13R1o9g
Re: Ronaldo Makes Juventus History In Shock Loss by kingjrofficial(m): 9:29am On Feb 09, 2020
Greatest cool
Re: Ronaldo Makes Juventus History In Shock Loss by PlayerMeji: 4:01pm On Feb 09, 2020
They didn't tell us Juve lost that match.

The only highlighted Ronaldo's historic goal.

See people, SMH

(1) (Reply)

UEFA Europa League Quarter-Final Draw / Breaking:Anthony Joshua's Loss To Usyk Should Be Investigated / EPL: How Cristiano Ronaldo Caused Tuchel’s Sack At Chelsea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.