Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,606 members, 7,816,507 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

How Did You Become A Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did You Become A Christian? (848 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Become A Christian? by eresource(m): 8:06pm On Dec 13, 2010
Most of us say we are Christians but do we know how we came to be a Christian?
If you meet a stranger and he asks you how to become a Christian what would you say?

This post is to educate ourselves("Christians"wink so please share with us your experience on how you became a Christian.
Re: How Did You Become A Christian? by thweraja10: 8:16pm On Dec 13, 2010
I was born a xtian
Re: How Did You Become A Christian? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:40pm On Dec 13, 2010
LMAO! cheesy You arrived in this world wearing a crucifix and carrying a bible, i guess. Hahahaha!
thweraja10:

I was born a xtian
Re: How Did You Become A Christian? by manmustwac(m): 10:11pm On Dec 13, 2010
^^she must mean that she was born into a christian family
Re: How Did You Become A Christian? by poweredcom(m): 10:38pm On Dec 13, 2010
Christian is a white man religion, we African have been brainwashed and that is why we will never see the light in this era, they use Christianity to wash us an steal our wealth and power, and we are here in our medieval age confused, while the western world have thrown away all manner of religion and pursue technology advancement and philosophy.we are here confusing our self with speeches that was man made, I was born a christain but as i gew older i become aware that its was a BIG SHAM, just know thyself, the philosophy of life, that all after al Jesus Christ was never tagged a christain, he was just a prophet with no religion.
Re: How Did You Become A Christian? by inedi: 12:01am On Dec 14, 2010
intresting.so people still think like this. any way this be a good one to teach God's word.this will be for poweredcom after reading your post
poweredcom:

Christian is a white man religion, we African have been brainwashed and that is why we will never see the light in this era, they use Christianity to wash us an steal our wealth and power, and we are here in our medieval age confused, while the western world have thrown away all manner of religion and pursue technology advancement and philosophy.we are here confusing our self with speeches that was man made, I was born a christain but as i gew older i become aware that its was a BIG SHAM, just know thyself, the philosophy of life, that all after al Jesus Christ was never tagged a christain, he was just a prophet with no religion.
listen to me, let know man fool you christainity it is not a white mans religion as you may think, because what ever information you have right now has come from the kind of poeple you have moved with, they are information you got by what you have being hearing and it has formed the basis of your mind, but you still have time for repentance. if you are ready reply
Re: How Did You Become A Christian? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:20pm On Dec 14, 2010
It is not? The white race formed it's structures and content, built it up, had it with them for well over a millenium before they finally brought it to our shores, didn't they? That makes it their religion in my view. Moreover, the "God" they are asking us to worship is white, is he not? At least from the images they have been programming us with. And one more crucial factor to consider, jesus did not live amongst africans in person during his lifetime. He was brought here long long long after he was gone.
Christianity is a white race club, just face that fact and stop deceiving yourself. Africans are only in it for exploitation and for the ride.
inedi:

intresting.so people still think like this. any way this be a good one to teach God's word.this will be for poweredcom after reading your post listen to me, let know man fool you christainity it is not a white mans religion as you may think, because what ever information you have right now has come from the kind of poeple you have moved with, they are information you got by what you have being hearing and it has formed the basis of your mind, but you still have time for repentance. if you are ready reply
Re: How Did You Become A Christian? by manmustwac(m): 5:59pm On Dec 14, 2010
@post
its a silly question when you consider that over 95% of christians were born into christian families in a christian society. It would make more sense if you asked someone like an eskimo if he was a  christian and if he was how he manage to become a christian since he lived in the middle of nowhere where there was only snow no christians and no communication with the outside world.
Re: How Did You Become A Christian? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 14, 2010
^@mod, u are breaking the rules u made your self.

JeSoul:

@ALL,
My fellow christians, feel free to open any topic and specify that it is for christians only (I myself have done that several times). If any one disrupts or gate-crashes just notify me, and I'll clean it up. That's what I'm (supposed to be) here for.

At atheists, same goes for you. If you want exclusivity, simply say so in the OP and others will keep out.

I want everyone to have the liberty and freedom to open whatever they want and to be assured any trouble-makers will be dealt with.

Jesoul said if the op is explicit like this
e-resource:

Most of us say we are Christians but do we know how we came to be a Christian?
If you meet a stranger and he asks you how to become a Christian what would you say?

This post is to educate ourselves("Christians"wink so please share with us your experience on how you became a Christian.

if u werent being addressed, u should steer clear.

why post the bolded?
manmustwac:

@post

its a silly question
when you consider that over 95% of christians were born into christian families in a christian society
When did u revert back to christianity?

@ op was born into christianity and had personal conviction to remain therein till eternity
Re: How Did You Become A Christian? by manmustwac(m): 1:37am On Dec 15, 2010
@toba
i am only expressing my sincere opinion but my honourable co mod JeSoul decides to delete my post it will be no wahallah whatsoever smiley
Re: How Did You Become A Christian? by SIBB(m): 9:25pm On Dec 15, 2010
Though I was born into a Christian home, , but after hearing the Gospel some 30 years ago, and going through my Bible to read for myself, then confessing that Jesus Christ is Lord, I think that does it.
Re: How Did You Become A Christian? by honeric01(m): 9:50pm On Dec 15, 2010
Born into a christian home, but i have grown to be a follower of Christ through personal conviction and not the normal christian practice we see everywhere nowadays.

(1) (Reply)

The Priesthood Of Melchisedec / Do You Believe In God / Where Do People Go. . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.