Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,776 members, 7,813,566 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) (63240 Views)

Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos) / My Visit To Air Force Base In Greece (photos) / "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) by Destined2win: 4:26pm On Feb 11, 2020
kenny714433:
Cool

I visited Christ the King cathedral yesterday in Aba and couldn't help but admire gold in the midst of a filthy city.

The ancient European structures, statues and stained glass, flowerings, symbols and paintings reminded me of the book the Davinci code.

If I stay there for I could write a thousand books and compose a million poem.

It's sad my country isn't doing anything to boost the tourism sector.
That church is a masterpiece.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) by churchee: 4:26pm On Feb 11, 2020
Dozie32:
Feels like visiting Africa again

Please don't! I beg you my brother, except your parents are here, else run farther.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) by KiZiie(m): 4:27pm On Feb 11, 2020
The tree go go-well for firewood? If yes. Dm abeg, I get buyer. Hehe

On a more serious note � what was the ticket � price or gate fee?

1 Like

Re: My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) by Auto200: 4:31pm On Feb 11, 2020
Greece ambassador!!!

you too like this your Greece sef. everytime your story d make front page
Re: My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) by 360command: 4:32pm On Feb 11, 2020
Why is he dressing like some of these African migrants in Libya or some of these Zimbabweans living in south Africa.
Re: My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) by codemaniacs: 4:33pm On Feb 11, 2020
zz
Re: My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) by uuzba(m): 4:35pm On Feb 11, 2020
codemaniacs:

Uncle, it's not like Nigerians are not seeing greek tourist attractions. they are seeing it very well on internet.

But can you guarantee them safety when they come?
Can you prevent racist attacks?
Can you prevent greek thugs attacking their cab/bus?
Will police answer Nigerians case if they lose their wallet or credit card?
Can they rent ordinary flat and stay? Or must they always have greek police guarding them with AK-47?
Can they attend a greek party or function without everybody trying to be suspicious of them?
If Nigerians speak greek, will they understand? ABI Nigerians have to learn all the 100 languages in europe before they can greet somebody good morning?
Which kind of relaxation will they have in greece set?
I answered your question clearly.
You refused to answer mine.
It is well.
Re: My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) by NeoWanZaeed(m): 4:35pm On Feb 11, 2020
Greece is the foundation of civilization
Re: My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) by codemaniacs: 4:37pm On Feb 11, 2020
zz
Re: My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) by David2O(m): 5:02pm On Feb 11, 2020
chatinent:
Who counted the age?
Carbon dating

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) by AreaFada2: 5:42pm On Feb 11, 2020
Dude, you are doing a good job for the Greek Ministry of Tourism.

Let the relax visa rules to allow more Nigerians to visit.
Re: My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 11, 2020
codemaniacs:
in my paranoid opinion...

this OP is a paid agent of greece, they are using nairaland to promote tourism to greece..

threads like this shouldn't make front page.... let the OP, seun and other mods promote Nigerian tourism only...

Any country I visit, I promote.

I have been making thread about Nigeria and I did 36 states tour.
Re: My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 11, 2020
OP, nice one. One of the baobabs in south Africa is actually over 2,000 years old and still waxing strong. Set awon igi abami grin
Re: My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 11, 2020
codemaniacs:
in my paranoid opinion...

this OP is a paid agent of greece, they are using nairaland to promote tourism to greece..

threads like this shouldn't make front page.... let the OP, seun and other mods promote Nigerian tourism only...
You think you can discourage me? grin, laye! I'm coming up with mine soon...my European Asian and north American tours. My driving experience from New York city to North Carolina through Maryland. My visit to blue ridge mountain and Raleigh. I'd post here the statue of Wright brothers who started the journey of flying in the air. I'd post the pictures of Niagara and Victoria falls, etc. My trip to the middle east and the Arab world...I've not been to Saudi Arabia though, until their tourist visa becomes well-harmonised as proposed. I'd post the places where jobs and tourism have taken me since 2004, including the historic city of Berlin. I hope by the time you see them, you'd not be saying I'm promoting those countries too.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) by SwenFootwear92(m): 7:05pm On Feb 11, 2020
Help me cut back ofthe tree.
I won do agbo jeddi
Re: My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) by chukwuibuipob: 7:18pm On Feb 11, 2020
sad thank God nor be obobo Naija u wear diz military hood,nah drag dem go drag u with hot slap
Re: My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) by Mshad662(m): 7:22pm On Feb 11, 2020
Collins we Globe. Ehmm Economic and Financial crimes commi... cough* cough*
Re: My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) by Nobody: 7:31pm On Feb 11, 2020
kenny714433:
Cool

I visited Christ the King cathedral yesterday in Aba and couldn't help but admire gold in the midst of a filthy city.

The ancient European structures, statues and stained glasses, flowerings, symbols and paintings reminded me of the book the Davinci code.

If I stay there for a week, I could write thousands of books and compose a million poem.

We as individuals hate history.
A child will grow up, pull down his father's house to build his own. Nothing about the old man is preserved and the circle continues.

I saw an old house that was sold where I live on tv and guess what?
The original bible used by Christopher Columbus or somebody with such status and world recognition was still in that house intact!
No matter whoever buys the house, that bible was treasured and never tampered with.
That is how old that house is and it was renovated for those looking for the traditional setting and atmosphere to live in.
Will such house still be available anywhere in Nigeria?
Re: My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) by Origin(f): 8:29pm On Feb 11, 2020
That is a living being.

To stand near that tree go de fear me.
Re: My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) by Commentor: 8:44pm On Feb 11, 2020
kenny714433:
Cool

The ancient European structures, statues and stained glasses, flowerings, symbols and paintings reminded me of the book the Davinci code.

If I stay there for a week, I could write thousands of books and compose a million poem.

People of other countries you admire dedicate their lives to simple human activities or accomplishments like that church you speak of.

How many Nigerians can dedicate their lives to the study, science, creation and collection of even Nok culture or footwear?

Ours is just to complain.
Re: My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) by Fash20: 9:07pm On Feb 11, 2020
cococandy:
Very nice thread.
Greek is on my to-go list. Thanks for sharing

Greece sis not Greek(language)
Re: My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) by Ahamefuna0001(m): 9:26pm On Feb 11, 2020
kenny714433:
Cool

Do you mean CKC in Aba was built by the Europeans??
Re: My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) by bbbyyy: 9:34pm On Feb 11, 2020
You can determine the age of the tree by counting the annual ring or by carbon dating.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) by kenny714433(m): 10:46pm On Feb 11, 2020
sassysure:

We as individuals hate history.
A child will grow up, pull down his father's house to build his own. Nothing about the old man is preserved and the circle continues.

I saw an old house that was sold where I live on tv and guess what?
The original bible used by Christopher Columbus or somebody with such status and world recognition was still in that house intact!
No matter whoever buys the house, that bible was treasured and never tampered with.
That is how old that house is and it was renovated for those looking for the traditional setting and atmosphere to live in.
Will such house still be available anywhere in Nigeria?

Nothing but the truth. The building in my parish that housed the priests, built by St. Patrick's missionaries was demolished last year to give room for new father's house.

This building used wood as slab, very old roof but still rugged. The walls was brick, European design. With Irish priest's graveyards and well. Such a history masterpiece.

Although it was not being used again, I was of the opinion that the building should be preserved. But it was demolished. Although I took enough pictures, but now no more.
Re: My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) by kenny714433(m): 10:50pm On Feb 11, 2020
Ahamefuna0001:

Do you mean CKC in Aba was built by the Europeans??

I don't know, maybe it was. I meant it has all the features of any European cathedral. You can check Notes dame of Paris cathedral and compare the two cathedrals.
Re: My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) by cococandy(f): 11:13pm On Feb 11, 2020
Fash20:

Greece sis not Greek(language)
lol that’s right of course. It’s like saying English is one of the places I want to visit.

It’s obviously a typo but thanks

1 Like

Re: My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) by sikel: 12:07am On Feb 12, 2020
If its found in Nigeria, they will call it an evil tree and cut it down

1 Like

Re: My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) by Fash20: 6:35am On Feb 12, 2020
cococandy:
lol that’s right of course. It’s like saying English is one of the places I want to visit.

It’s obviously a typo but thanks

Lol... Sure

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Hotels And Restaurants Spotted In India (PHOTOS) / Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July / My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.