Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here (36209 Views)

Dear Parents, in whose care have you left your child? Pics! / Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? / Have You Ever Lost Your Wallet? How Did You Feel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Imme: 4:08pm On Oct 10, 2008
I light a candle for my sister Chika who left in june 2007.

Sis, although our mum gave birth to five girls, you are the only one i met;
now u have left me, i fill so lonely and alone in this whole wide world.

I will forever miss u.

Your children are consolation to us.

Go in peace sis, untill we meet again.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 10, 2008
I am Lighting candles for evrybody i have ever loved that left without knowing how i really feel for them.My Landlord BIG DADDY. The greatest Landrord ever., my neighbour and fried Wale who died 3 years after his dad Mr Adedipe, Wale i miss you so much, you are still the brightest person i have ever met.Highest i WAEC Lagos state Automatic addmission to UNIBEN. 3 years later your mother left. Well your brothers and sister are around.We mis you ad remember you.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Flakybaby(f): 11:28pm On Oct 10, 2008
I am lighting candles for my dearly elder sister, brothers, aunty's, cousins and friends dat i loved so much, and i know u all r resting in the bossom of God almighty, we will meet 2 part no more, i miss u all and love u all, cry cry cry cry sad sad
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Livvvvy(f): 10:51am On Oct 14, 2008
I light a candle for a dear friend Nike - the only child of her mother - who died in 2007 of auto accident some month to her NYSC. I still feel the pain, and i know how terrible your mother will be till date. May u continually rest in God's love

I light a candle for my aunty Rita and my grandmother.

I light a candle for all those children who died in the Sosoliso accident and then my lovely mentor - Pastor Bimbo Odukoya.

I know we shall all leave this world since we are only passing by, but Lord make us leave this world in your peace and love of mankind. AMEN
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Angolobabe(f): 5:25pm On Oct 19, 2008
I light a candle for my lovely son Nathaniel who passed away this year january 2008.i love u with all my heart and i miss u everyday.
you was the best christmas present ever ,although u lived only a month on this earth,ur memories remains,u was such a handsome and strong boy
and u went through alot on ur few days on earth.i know u wanted to live but situation didnt allow it.due to u being born premature at 29 weeks and u having NEC.u know i wanted so much for u to survive cry i love u with all my heart ,ur my first and only and for this reason i and ur daddy decided to bury u at home ,so that u can be close to us and we can see u whenever we wanted.ur one year birthday is approaching on 18th of december and im sooo sad that ur not here with me but ur birthday will always remain a special day to me,just to let u know that im proud of being ur mother.R.I.P my lovely son.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by MissyB1(m): 10:58pm On Oct 19, 2008
Ango
I feel your pain.May God help you tru it all.It's well.
Is that his pix on ur profile?

Uncle and Aunty Doris
I never wanted to come here and light a candle for you two after the ones
I lit here bcause it hurts so much realisin' you are actually gone but seein' the thread again . . .
I can't let it slide this time . . . I'm speechless . . . It's been a terrible year . . .
Daddy first then Uncle N. and then Aunty D. .Love you all . . . You'll always be in my heart.R.I.P.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Angolobabe(f): 10:16am On Oct 20, 2008
@ Missy B,
thanks ,its painful and hard knowing his not here with me but God knows why,yes thats my late son´s picture on my profile ,he does look big for a 29 weeks baby.sorry for ur loss also.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by JJYOU: 10:30am On Oct 20, 2008
Angolobabe:

I  light a candle for my lovely son Nathaniel who passed away this year january 2008.i love u with all my heart and i miss u everyday.
you was the best christmas present ever ,although u lived only a month on this earth,ur memories remains,u was such a handsome and strong boy
and u went through alot on ur few days on earth.i know u wanted to live but situation didnt allow it.due to u being born premature at 29 weeks and u having NEC.u know i wanted so much for u to survive cry i love u with all my heart ,ur my first and only and for this reason i and ur daddy decided to bury u at home ,so that u can be close to us and we can see u whenever we wanted.ur one year birthday is approaching on 18th of december and I'm sooo sad that ur not here with me but ur birthday will always remain a special day to me,just to let u know that I'm proud of being ur mother.R.I.P my lovely son.

this is so sad. i hate hearing innocent children dying. the good Lord that heals every wounded heart will heal you and you will be a mother again. God bless and pour His oil of healing on you and everyone. i would recommend bereavement counselling. it is always good to share the pain with people who know what to say and can point you in the right direction.

i lost my gran 5yrs & mum 2yrs ago. the pain is still raw i can tell you. it changes your life and the way you see things. Christ has been there for us all and we are very grateful. we couldn't have pulled through without His love and that of the brethren around us
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by MissyB1(m): 1:10pm On Oct 20, 2008
Angolobabe:

@ Missy B,
thanks ,its painful and hard knowing his not here with me but God knows why,yes thats my late son´s picture on my profile ,he does look big for a 29 weeks baby.sorry for ur loss also.

What a beauty!!! He's too handsome kiss  kiss  kiss  kiss
So much love to him where he is now  kiss  kiss  kiss  kiss .
Situations like this makes me struggle for words to say . . . .
It's well!!! Stay good sista. kiss
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Angolobabe(f): 4:38pm On Oct 22, 2008
thanks @ Missy B.

Missy B:

What a beauty!!! He's too handsome kiss kiss kiss kiss
So much love to him where he is now kiss kiss kiss kiss .
Situations like this makes me struggle for words to say . . . .
It's well!!! Stay good sista. kiss
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by meexteriox(m): 4:56pm On Oct 22, 2008
I remember it quite vividly, the day sun darkened on my horizon;
The day death strangled fatherhood from my youthful consciousness;
Wailing ensued my bitterness, if only it were a remission for death;
I stared and stared, watched as eyes dilated;
Cold hands snuff out the being, that was weak to fight back,
I remember it quite vividly, the day sun darkened on my horizon.

Adieu Dad, Luv you forever
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by jchaguri: 9:08pm On Oct 22, 2008
Tragedy comes in strings,thats why it is tragedy.light a candle for my sister inlaw Margaret Pearse Agboje who passed away last thurday,and my aunty and Florence Itoro who passed this afternoon, i love you both.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by kayceejo(m): 11:32pm On Oct 25, 2008
I want to light a candle for my beloved dad,Who died when we needed him the most.U left without saying anything to the family.Ur absence had been felt by every one of ur children.Each day we pray for you.We love you dad.We miss you.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by laplace(m): 2:26pm On Oct 26, 2008
I light this candle for my most beloved sister, Folake who passed to the great beyond in December 2006. I miss her very much. She was much more than a sister to me. Rest In Peace, dear. Adieu
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by freeme2(m): 4:37am On Oct 30, 2008
I don't know if i should share these here but ,

His name is ( I know) Temitope Akinniyi. He was 12yrs old. And he meant more to me than i ever would have thought that anybody could be. He was not family yet he was more than family.

I taught in their school and in contrast to the teaching code (well I'm not a real trained teacher) i became a buddy of most of my students. He happened to be the most special. He was small for his age yet he was so sweet. He never ever bothered anyone and even gave his provisions to his friends (yes I was also in the hostel with em).

Then i woke up one Sunday in December and he was gone. That was the scariest day of my life. I wanted to die. Even begged God to do a swapping, He never even answered the prayer.

It's four years this December and I still think about him everyday. I still get emotional when i talk or think about him.

The only consolation for me was that he knew God. And i hope to see him again one day.

Tope, you still are to me my very own baby. Love you always.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Motunmi: 5:15pm On Oct 30, 2008
I light this candle for a wonderful class rep I had in my University days. Funsho, you left us April 8, 2006 while in 200L and we graduated April 8, 2008, exactly 2 years after you had left. Though we observed a minute for you tha day but how I wished you were with us. The memories still linger on cos you're such a kind hearted individual.

That day, I couldn't light a candle for you cos it was still difficult for me to contain that you were gone forever but here today, I give my last respect to a man of the people, Comrade Funsho.

God will continue to take care of the family you left behind.

R.I.P my dear colleague.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by iyeayo(f): 3:58am On Nov 21, 2008
I light a candle for my late dad.

Dad, when you waved 'goodbye' at me 3 years ago at MM airport, little did I know that it was the last time I will ever see you. Even though I still see you in my dreams, nothing can compare to the life we both shared together. Now I appreciate all those punishments and scoldings you gave me to make me a better person. I wish you had waited to see how beautiful your grand-daughter is and how so much she resembles you. Sleep well precious dad, till we meet to part no more. I will forever miss u.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 22, 2008
@ all,
may the almigthy in his omniscience, grant you all the fortitude to bear the loss.

I've been following this thread for a long time and anytime i read it, my view on so many things do change.
It doesnt mean that, we that are alive now are better than those that have left. The most wonderful thing there is to live a good legacy, touch anyone that crosses your pathpositively and live a landmark.

Am not afraid of dying because it will save the pain of experiencing losing someone ver dear to me(which I dread most)

But alas, I've experienced that.

I light a candle for the first and foremost love of my life TITILOLA JANET EDUN, few days remaining to make it exactly one year you left this sinful world of ours.
Your life was cut short by someone who was acting as an agent of darkness, you were only looking for a misplaced pair of shoes which belong to you for some days, and luckily you found it also in you abode, and not knowing you have been given your travel visa to the world of no return.
Only if you had known not to put it on, but you did, and that was the end of the story, paralysis of the limb sets in. I could feel the pains and agony you passed through then. And at last you left us all, your wonderful sisters, mum, dad and me in particular.
But am glad you did left because i couldnt wish the pains you passed through then to happen to a foe of mine.

ADIEU MY 1ST LOVE_I Love You so much

Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by chisomquee: 10:47am On Nov 25, 2008
i light a candle for my uncle who passed on three three years ago.
i light a candle for my aunt who passed on some days to my wedding,you promised you will take care of my first child,but you left without saying good bye to me,i miss so much and i know you are resting in the bosom of our lord.
i light a candle for my cousin who passed on in feb 2008,okey we all miss you.
i light a candle for a friend Dele who passed on last friday,the last time i saw you in my office,you didn't tell you won't spend this xmas with us,i know we will meet not to part again.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by damiso(f): 2:06pm On Nov 25, 2008
I light a candle for my dear DAD who departed this cruel and vain world on the 4th of November.I am still in shock and still find it difficult to believe that the last day i saw you was the day you saw me off to join my hubby.I love you so much and despite all the differing opinions i had with you, i could not have wished for a better father.You taught to believe so much in myself and made me know that my gender should not be barrier to me acheiving all my dreams.You made me fearless and made me realise that no one was better than me despite their colour,age or financial achievements and that what really mattered was on the inside.and most of all thank you for the type of education you gave me which did not only entail paying my school fees but also sharpening my analytical and reasoning skills.Gosh i am almost in tears typing this but love you and wish i could have said Goodbye. cry cry cry cry Sun re I promise to become all what you dreamed for me and even more by God' grace.Also regret that i was too busy to read your book am sorry for not making the time to do that.The book will be part of your endowment.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by zylkenny(m): 5:59am On Nov 27, 2008
How i wish DEATH was orderly.A respecter of law and order.That those who came first would leave first.And that those who came last would leave later,
But NO.He`d rather strike whenever,wherever and whomever he feels like striking.
There`re TOO many candles to light in my life.From Mathilda(the most wonderful female i`ve ever met),to Gerrald "the soft-hearted one".From Teser Sugh "the big guy" to Tochukwu "the light of his mother`s world"  (he didn`t even stay long enough for his mother to smile after so many years of search for a child)
To y`all and all others that`ve gone to the beyond,
       My Candles shall forever be lit,
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by yankidelta(m): 9:57am On Nov 28, 2008
FOR MY UNCLE, OR BROTHER,OSAHON IRABOR WHO PASSED AWAY IN THE LAST ADC PLANE CRASH IN 2006.NEVER THOUGHT IT COULD HAPPEN BUT I GUESS U'VE MADE US ALL STRONGER, TILL WE MEET AGAIN
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by ashala(m): 6:11pm On Dec 02, 2008
Lighting candles for my Dad who passed on in 2006, still cant believe it.

My heart bleeds so much for my mum who passed on to the great beyond last week thursday, still in shock.

, so much pain feels my heart when i remeber what they went through to raise me and my siblings,they denied themselves so much and left when things started being rosy.

So many qstns in my heart but i cant qstn God.

Rest in Peace my beloved Mummy and Daddy till we meet to part no more.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by ashala(m): 6:17pm On Dec 02, 2008
Lighting candles for my Dad who passed on in 2006, still cant believe it.

My heart bleeds so much for my mum who passed on to the great beyond last week thursday, still in shock.

, so much pain feels my heart when i remeber what they went through to raise me and my siblings,they denied themselves so much and left when things started being rosy.

So many qstns in my heart but i cant qstn God.

Rest in Peace my beloved Mummy and Daddy till we meet to part no more.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by sweetmama1(f): 2:40pm On Dec 03, 2008
[b]I light a candle for my Aunt, aunti mado who died on january 3rd 2001, i miss her so deeply i use to think if she was alive we would speak french together, she missed seeing my son,i light a candle for Auntie Rita who died while i was just three years, i never really knew her but i miss her so much and i feel for my mother cos she says alot of good things about her, and she even cited some circumstances that if they did not happened she would have been alife today.I light a candle for uncle Bernard who died in 1995,i light a candle for his wife who died also in 2000, i light a candle for uncle mattias who died on the eve of the memorial service of aunt mado (january 2nd 2002), i light a candle for my great grandfather, whom i spend sometime before he passed on, i light a very big candle to my sweet loving grandmother who died on march 21st 2002, i did not cry at the time she died but i later realised something is missing in my life, her sweet and gentle talks the way we use to play with her, grand ma i miss you so badly and i pray where ever u are , continue to look after us. A candle also for my 6yres niece who travelled to the other world on may 1st 2008, i miss her so badly and i feel terrible for my sister cos she was so close to her daughter, i remember the times she use to play with my son when i gave birth. A big candle to my foster father mr joe who died in october 2002 i miss him so badly.My list is endless, i light a candle for all the departed members of my family especially Hycintha, Lem , stella Blessing, Carol not forgetting my friend Lilian who died in december 2002,Lilian if only u were open enough u wouldn't have died, till today your death worries most of us ur friends. we still talk about it like it happened yesterday. Candles to all those who died in the kenya Airways,(105 passengers) its a pity one leaves his/home to go somewhere but ended up never coming back. Death is an uninvited guest but it keeps coming what can one do.[/b]

Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by lipstick1(f): 1:24pm On Dec 04, 2008
I light dis candle for the following people
MY DAD= DEC 24,2006 cry
AUNT ROSALINE= 2004
COUSIN MAURICE= 2004
AUNT GRACE= JAN 2002
AUNT CELIA= 1998
UNCLE EMMA= 1980
May GOD shine HIS light on their path and May the Souls of the faithful departed thru the mercy of GOD REST IN PEACE.AMEN
[i][/i]
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by chisomquee: 1:35pm On Dec 10, 2008
i light a candle for Israel AWOYEMI,WHO PASSED ON TWO WEEKS AGO,YOU DIED IN A PAINFUL WAY AFTER YEARS OF PARALYSIS,MAY YOUR GENTLE SOUL REST IN PEACE.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Moyola(f): 1:50pm On Dec 10, 2008
I light a candle for my Paternal grandpapa. . . .  cry 'Pa Alade'

Heard he passed away few weeks ago. . . . wouldn't have known who/what he's like. . . . but thank heavens I got to meet him well before. . . .

Ki Olorun oba alaanu te won si afefe rere!!

R.I.P Granpa! cry
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Flakybaby(f): 8:31pm On Feb 08, 2009
It is wiv wet eyes i type, i light hundred candles for my dearest beloved mum who departed this world 2day @ 4am, Aunty we love u but God loves u more, we all r already missing u, Rest in peace my priceless mum cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by toba1909(m): 4:15pm On Feb 09, 2009
I lit a candle for the best mum in the world.
She left us June 21st 2005 to the world beyond.
Words can't explain what we've went through without you.
We always remember your strives on us.

I miss you dearly! cry cry cry
Till we meet tp art no more.

I lit another candle for my Grandfather.
He left this sinful word in 2004.
Baba, i will never forget your advises when i was in the University.
Infact, you passed the message to me that i might not meet you when i came back from the ASUU strike then,
Alas, i didn't meet you.

Sun re o!!!
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by sweetmum(f): 5:08pm On Feb 09, 2009
lit candles for my mum.
miss you so much. cry cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

I’ve Been Stripped Unclad – Mother Of Twins Killed By Drunken-Cop / Dad Pretends To Be Another Person To Find Out If His Daughter Has A Boyfriend / Different Types Of Nigerian Fathers And Their Characteristics - Meme Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.